╌>

Trump disavows past enthusiasm for WikiLeaks after Assange’s arrest

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  5 comments

Trump disavows past enthusiasm for WikiLeaks after Assange’s arrest
“I know nothing about WikiLeaks,” Trump told reporters. “It’s not my thing.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Donald Trump declared on Thursday that "I know nothing about WikiLeaks" after its disheveled founder Julian Assange was hauled out of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London to face charges.

Asked about Thursday's arrest, Trump said at the White House, "It's not my thing. I know there is something having to do with Julian Assange.

I've been seeing what's happened with Assange and that will be a determination, I would imagine, mostly by the attorney general, who's doing an excellent job. So, he'll be making a determination . I know nothing really about him."

"It's not my deal in life."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Asked about Thursday's arrest, Trump said at the White House, "It's not my thing. I know there is something having to do with Julian Assange.

I've been seeing what's happened with Assange and that will be a determination, I would imagine, mostly by the attorney general, who's doing an excellent job. So, he'll be making a determination . I know nothing really about him."

It's not my deal in life."

Of course his "base" believes every word he says....

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1    5 years ago

It's not my deal in life."

But WikiLeaks was Trump's deal in 2016 as he welcomed the political boost his campaign got and cheered on the release of Clinton campaign emails.

On the same October day that the "Access Hollywood" tape emerged, revealing that Trump had bragged in 2005 about groping women, WikiLeaks began releasing damaging emails from Hillary Clinton's campaign manager, John Podesta. Trump and his allies, facing a tough battle in the campaign's final month, seized on the illegal dumps and weaponized them.

"WikiLeaks, I love WikiLeaks," Trump said in Pennsylvania.

"This WikiLeaks is like a treasure trove," Trump said in Michigan.

"Boy, I love reading WikiLeaks," Trump said in Ohio.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Russia, if you're listening . . .

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    5 years ago

"Trump disavows."  Could have let it go at that.

You know, like, "Stormy who?"