╌>

NOT A JOKE: TRUMP WANTED IVANKA TO LEAD THE WORLD BANK “She’s very good with numbers.”

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  30 comments

NOT A JOKE: TRUMP WANTED IVANKA TO LEAD THE WORLD BANK “She’s very good with numbers.”
Trump, who apparently calls his 37-year-old daughter “Baby” in official meetings, likes to boast that Ivanka has “created millions of jobs” (she hasn’t)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

There was a time when, in order to serve as a senior adviser to the president of the United States, one had to have qualifications for the job outside of being related to the guy. Of course, in the case of Ivanka Trump (and her husband, Jared Kushner ), times have changed. The First Daughter landed her job in the West Wing despite having zero relevant experience—peddling mass-produced purses doesn’t tend to count—for no other reason than that she is Donald Trump’s favorite child, a fact he’s made creepily clear on numerous occasions . What’s more, according to a new report, if Trump had his way, Ivanka would have lots of jobs for which she is utterly unqualified.

During an interview with The Atlantic ’s Elaina Plott, Trump explained that Ivanka “would’ve been great at the United Nations,” just “incredible,” and may even have taken the job were it not for the haters and losers who would have brought him up on B.S. charges of nepotism. The U.N. gig, though, wasn’t the only one President Daddy thought he should’ve been able to buy for Ivanka like a pony on her third birthday. “I even thought of Ivanka for the World Bank,” he told Plott. “She would’ve been great at that because she’s very good with numbers. [ Fact check: she’s not . ] She’s got a great calmness . . . I’ve seen her under tremendous stress and pressure. She reacts very well—that’s usually a genetic thing, but it’s one of those things, nevertheless. She’s got a tremendous presence when she walks into the room.”

Trump, who apparently calls his 37-year-old daughter “Baby” in official meetings, likes to boast that Ivanka has “created millions of jobs” ( she hasn’t ), and clearly chafes at the idea that she could’ve been ambassador to the U.N. or led the World Bank, but for the optics he knows the “fake news media” would’ve latched on to. But you know what? That’s fine. He’s got his eye on bigger things for his favorite kid.

“If she ever wanted to run for president,” he said, “I think she’d be very, very hard to beat.”

Article is LOCKED by moderator [smarty_function_ntUser_get_name: user_id or profile_id parameter required]
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

She looks like she is opening her mouth to eat a hot dog or a banana. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

She couldn't be opening that wide to swallow what I'm thinking . . . not necessary 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.5  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

She is practicing for when her and daddy visit Putin.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.5.1  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.5    5 years ago

[deleted]

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2  MrFrost    5 years ago
Trump, who apparently calls his 37-year-old daughter “Baby” in official meetings, likes to boast that Ivanka has “created millions of jobs”

In Chinese sweat shops maybe, but not here in the USA. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @2    5 years ago

I thought the same thing!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

[deleted]