Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  11 comments

Sarah Sanders calls revelation that she lied to press “a slip of the tongue”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Sarah Sanders calls revelation that she lied to press “a slip of the tongue”

eaaf3910-a3cb-11e7-b411-292e50c4c30d_ent   Lauren Tyler   4 hours ago

Sarah Sanders addresses Mueller report revelation: "I had a slip of the tongue"

2889a490-626c-11e9-9f79-3f0862b5b0f6

Scroll back up to restore default view.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders  was on  Hannity   Thursday night after the Mueller report revealed that Sanders lied about the  FBI’s reaction to the James Comey firing . During the interview, she admitted to Sean Hannity that she wasn’t fully truthful in her press conference after Comey was fired.

“Look, I acknowledged that I had a slip of the tongue when I used the word “Countless,” but it’s not untrue.”

Sanders formerly stated that “countless” FBI executives were thankful  Trump fired Comey . On May 10, 2017, the day after Comey was fired, Sanders told reporters, “I think most of America had decided on their own that Director Comey was not the person that should be leading the FBI, as evidenced by the numerous comments that we’ve seen from Democrat members in the House and Senate, Republican members, members of the FBI, and people across the board.”

However, in a redacted report presented by Attorney General William Barr to Congress and the public earlier today, it was revealed that Sanders admitted that her statements regarding FBI reaction to Comey’s firing were not true. 

“Sanders told this Office [of the special counsel] that her reference to hearing from ‘countless members of the FBI’ was a ‘slip of the tongue.’

It was also revealed that her statements that FBI agents  had “lost confidence” in Comey were made in  “the heat of the  moment ” and “not founded on anything.”  

On  Hannity,  Sanders maintained that Comey should have been fired.

James Comey was a disgraced leaker who tried to politicize and undermine the agency he was supposed to run,” she explained. 

Twitter has exploded with reactions from journalists calling for Sanders to be fired.

This iframe is not allowed This iframe is not allowed This iframe is not allowed

This iframe is not allowed

As for Sanders, she continues to stand behind President Trump.

Firing James Comey remains one of the best decisions that the president made,” Sanders told Hannity. “The only problem is, he could have done it sooner and maybe it would have been a better thing. But absolutely the right decision and every day since that he’s proven he was right all along.” 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Devil speak with forked tongue.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

She's a liar just like her 'Reverend' father.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

Sarah definitely lost all credibility as spokesmodel for Trump and Company...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1    5 years ago
Sarah definitely lost all credibility as spokesmodel for Trump and Company...

Many felt that way about her the minute she started the job--before she ever uttered a single word.

Nothing changed.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    5 years ago

What has changed is Sarah has lied to our faces hundreds of times...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.2    5 years ago

Many felt that way about her the minute she started the job--before she ever uttered a single word.

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    5 years ago

The cockeyed liar Sarah Sanders is 300 pounds of bullshit in a 200 pound bag...

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4  Ozzwald    5 years ago
“Look, I acknowledged that I had a slip of the tongue when I used the word “Countless,” but it’s not untrue.”

Yes, it is untrue, that's the whole point!!

Now she's lying about what she lied about after being caught by Mueller for lying about it.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    5 years ago

The only perplexing thing about this is the plain and simple fact that the most important prerequisite to be in 'the realm of the Trump' is an absolute use of the noun, adjective, verb and adverb of ( the lie ).

Even more simply put, Pavlov was right and so was his dog.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

She is a fucking liar, pure and simple. She is not to be believed, at any point, on any topic. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6    5 years ago

Just like her father.  Remember that incident when daddy said she was stalked and harrassed at that restaurant.   She learned at daddy's knee