6 absolutely absurd things Trump has said in the past 24 hours

  
Via:  john-russell  •  3 months ago  •  12 comments

6 absolutely absurd things Trump has said in the past 24 hours
In the same NRA speech, Trump acted out the 2015 Paris terror attacks with finger guns and "boom" sound effects, and said the shootings "probably wouldn't have happened" at all if a "good guy with a gun" had been there.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T


6 absolutely absurd things Trump has said in the past 24 hours






gettyimages-1145283969.jpg?itok=VBVLPtu2

From his Fox News interview with Sean Hannity on Thursday night, to his disturbing game of charades at the National Rifle Association's annual meeting Friday afternoon, President Trump has strung together some unprecedentedly wild statements in the past 24 hours. Here are six of the most ridiculous things he said.

1. In his rambling Friday night interview with Hannity, Trump described Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation as "an attempted overthrow of the United States government" and a "coup" on multiple occasions.

2. So these words likely didn't come out of Trump's mouth, but he did tweet a possibly fictional quote from America's "cheif hostage negotiator," who purportedly called Trump "the greatest hostage negotiator that I know of in the history of the United States."

3. Trump told reporters Friday morning that he is a "young, vibrant man" and criticized Joe Biden for apparently not being the same. Trump is 72, while Biden is 76.

4. In that same press gaggle, Trump praised Robert E. Lee as "a great general" — you know, that guy who led the Confederacy. Trump also doubled down on his "very fine people" on both sides comment, which he made two years ago after a white supremacist killed a counter-protester in Charlottesville.

5. That coup Trump mentioned to Hannity? Yeah, he told the NRA's annual meeting Friday that he "didn't need a gun" to fight it.

6. It all leads up to Trump's most disturbing comment/re-enactment of the day. In the same NRA speech, Trump acted out the 2015 Paris terror attacks with finger guns and "boom" sound effects, and said the shootings "probably wouldn't have happened" at all if a "good guy with a gun" had been there.

Trump met with Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe after all this, and seemingly didn't have time to drum up another questionable comment for this list.


Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Find text within the comments Find 
 
JohnRussell
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 months ago
Trump acted out the 2015 Paris terror attacks with finger guns and "boom" sound effects, and said the shootings "probably wouldn't have happened" at all if a "good guy with a gun" had been there.

I could see the NRA crowd peeing their pants with happiness as Trump pantomimed a gun battle. 

 
 
 
luther28
2  luther28    3 months ago

Here is the thing about the NRA that I really have trouble fathoming. We are a Country of approximately 370 million souls give or take, NRA membership is guesstimated at approx. 4 million.

Where else in the world does 1% of the population hold sway over the remaining 99%? Just a question.

By the by Parkland blew the good guy with a gun theorem out of the water, they had one he opted to hide.

 
 
 
It Is ME
2.1  It Is ME  replied to  luther28 @2    3 months ago
Where else in the world does 1% of the population hold sway over the remaining 99%? Just a question.

Because we have a non-fluid constitution that gives us a well thought out "SECOND Amendment" RIGHT ? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

 
 
 
luther28
2.1.1  luther28  replied to  It Is ME @2.1    3 months ago

The 2nd amendment was not in question, the ability for 1% of the population to hold sway on any issue is the question.

 
 
 
It Is ME
2.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  luther28 @2.1.1    3 months ago
Here is the thing about the NRA that I really have trouble fathoming. The ability for 1% of the population to hold sway on any issue is the question

We are talking about the NRA ….. right ?

And those so-called 1%'ers you speak of, are trying to sway ….. WHAT ?

 
 
 
The Magic Eight Ball
2.2  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  luther28 @2    3 months ago
Where else in the world does 1% of the population hold sway over the remaining 99%? Just a question.

nowhere else in the world do they have a constitution like ours.   there simply is no fair comparison available.  this country is unique and will stay that way.  the entire bill of rights is what holds sway over this country and short of an amendment to the constitution, we will not be silenced or disarmed. period.  

there is no mere law can be passed by congress or any other govt entity, state federal or local that will change this.

btw, didja know, "firearm owner identification cards" just got ruled unconstitutional?

https://thewillcountynews.com/index.php/2019/03/30/foid-firearm-owners-identification-card-ruled-unconstitutional-in-illinois/

  the courts are a much bigger threat to the lefts gun control attempts than the NRA... LOL

we have a culture of "liberty and security" we do not ask for either,  we simply take it.

cheers :)

 

 

 
 
 
luther28
2.2.1  luther28  replied to  The Magic Eight Ball @2.2    3 months ago
The 2nd amendment was not in question, the ability for 1% of the population to hold sway on any issue is the question

Okay, the NRA is not the question either, the 1% of the population is the issue pick your subject it doesn't matter. As to the 2nd, it is here to stay in one form or another.

 
 
 
The Magic Eight Ball
2.2.2  The Magic Eight Ball  replied to  luther28 @2.2.1    3 months ago
the 1% of the population is the issue

too bad you do not live in a democracy huh?

imagine a country where the majority is meaningless...

republics are fun like that :)

 
 
 
Freedom Warrior
2.3  Freedom Warrior  replied to  luther28 @2    3 months ago
Where else in the world does 1% of the population hold sway over the remaining 99%?

Classic false premise.  They don't.  That's nonsensical, absurd and half a dozen other equally synonymous adjectives.

 
 
 
luther28
2.3.1  luther28  replied to  Freedom Warrior @2.3    3 months ago
The National Rifle Association and other gun-rights organizations spent nearly $55 million in the 2016 election cycle to oppose or support candidates through independent spending — nearly 19 times the amount spent by groups promoting gun restrictions, according to a tally be the nonpartisan Center for Responsive ...Feb 15, 2018

Why the NRA has so much clout in Washington - USA Today


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/.../nras...spending.../341257002/
Then you may want to ask what the 55 million was used for or should I have said lobbying in place of sway.
 
 
 
Freedom Warrior
2.3.2  Freedom Warrior  replied to  luther28 @2.3.1    3 months ago

Maybe they were funneling it to the Russians in support of their nefarious activities.  

Yeah go with that one, it makes about as much sense and feeds the delusion narrative. Gotta luv two-fers.

 

 
 
 
Greg Jones
2.4  Greg Jones  replied to  luther28 @2    3 months ago
the remaining 99%? Just a question.Where else in the world does 1% of the population hold sway over

They don't, they're just doing the grunt work for those of us who like to have some means to protect ourselves.

The Parkland rent a  cop was a coward, and in no way was a "good guy with a gun"

 
 
Loading...
Loading...

Who is online


GaJenn78
nightwalker
squiggy
Snuffy


70 visitors