╌>

Trump, His Family Sue Deutsche Bank, Capital One to Stop Them From Answering Congressional Subpoenas

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  28 comments

Trump, His Family Sue Deutsche Bank, Capital One to Stop Them From Answering Congressional Subpoenas

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

a76e9ca0-ba9f-11e7-afbd-e700b0f36d78_dai   By chelsia.marcius@thedailybeast.com (Chelsia Rose Marcius), The Daily Beast   8 hours ago  

1445f053e6496b302b7e99f2b17ca074
Kevin Lamarque/Reuters

President Trump, members of his family, and the Trump Organization have filed a lawsuit against Deutsche Bank and Capital One to stop the banks from answering congressional subpoenas.

According to   court documents   filed in the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York on Monday, the Trump family argues that such subpoenas—part of an extensive   House Judiciary Committee investigation   into public corruption and obstruction of justice—are meant to “ferret about for any material that might be used to cause [the president] political damage” and that “no grounds exist to establish any purpose other than a political one.”

New of of the suit was first reported by   The New York Times.

“We filed this case to protect the privacy rights of the President, his family and their businesses,” Trump’s attorneys reportedly   said in a statement on Monday . “The subpoenas issued to Deutsche Bank and Capital One by Chairpersons Schiff and Waters are unlawful and illegitimate. They seek information going back decades from anyone with even a tangential connection to the President, including children minors and spouses.”

“Every citizen should be concerned about this sweeping, lawless, invasion of privacy,” the statement continued. “We look forward to vindicating our clients’ rights in this matter.”

The suit also contends that, on April 17, 2019, attorneys for Deutsche Bank   issued a written statement   that said the subpoenas seek “‘records and/ or information related to banking activities, including information regarding accounts, financings, and related financial information’ for all named Plaintiffs.’”

A Deutsche Bank spokeswoman   told the   Times   “we remain committed to providing appropriate information to all authorized investigations and will abide by a court order regarding such investigations.”

This story is developing.

Read more at The Daily Beast.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

What does the turd and his crime family have to hide?  Hmmmmmm

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

The democrat turds in the House have no legitimate reason to see those records, since this latest stupid move by left wing turds is nothing more than a fishing expedition.

The High Court will deny this act of desperation.

If the liberal turds were to prevail, it would be setting a precedent that could come back to bite them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

That's stupid.  It's everyone's business.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

So were Obama's still locked records of his schooling years.

The people have a right to know.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.2.1  katrix  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2    5 years ago

Trump demanded Obama's school records - and as soon as he did so, he immediately threatened his own schools to ensure that his records would never come to light.  Because he knew that fair is fair, and if Obama needed to disclose his, then Trump needed to disclose his.  He's a hypocrite through and through, as well as a pathological liar.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  katrix @2.2.1    5 years ago

Trumps records are not locked up.

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    5 years ago

Das Sthink...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

I thought he was going to be the most transparent POTUS ever?

Lie 10,999

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4.1  luther28  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    5 years ago
I thought he was going to be the most transparent POTUS ever?
I was going to comment, but I have to go to the ER, that one may have ruptured my spleen:)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  luther28 @4.1    5 years ago

Send me the bill

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5  luther28    5 years ago

As I mentioned the other day, he is just a "Boy called Sue".

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    5 years ago

[deleted]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1  It Is ME  replied to  It Is ME @6    5 years ago

[deleted]

luther28
Sophomore Silent
6.1.2  luther28  replied to    5 years ago

Must be tired.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
6.1.4  luther28  replied to    5 years ago

Congress!

Thought we all needed a chuckle:)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

What have you contributed regarding honest discussion?

Why don't you stop trolling?