╌>

Economy added 263,000 jobs in April, unemployment falls to lowest level since 1969

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xdm9mm  •  5 years ago  •  67 comments

Economy added 263,000 jobs in April, unemployment falls to lowest level since 1969
It’s still a job hunter’s market, with more open positions than people available to fill them, pushing wages even higher as companies compete for the best workers.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The economy added a healthy 263,000 jobs in April, firmly beating analyst expectations of 190,000, according to Friday’s monthly snapshot from the Department of Labor.

The nation's unemployment level fell to 3.6 percent, the lowest since December 1969, and average hourly earnings grew by 0.2 percent, for an annual gain of 3.2 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3  Dean Moriarty    5 years ago

And big productivity gains after the stagnant Obama years.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4  Jasper2529    5 years ago
The economy added a healthy 263,000 jobs in April, firmly beating analyst expectations of 190,000, according to Friday’s monthly snapshot from the Department of Labor.

Wall Street reacted positively to the jobs report, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average gaining 160 points at market open on Friday.

The nation's unemployment level fell to 3.6 percent, the lowest since December 1969, and average hourly earnings grew by 0.2 percent, for an annual gain of 3.2 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

It didn't take a businessman very long to find the "magic wand" that the Obama Administration couldn't find in 8 years.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    5 years ago

Trump MUST be taken DOWN ! jrSmiley_97_smiley_image.gif

Things are going waaaaaaaay too well. jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1  Jasper2529  replied to  It Is ME @5    5 years ago
Things are going waaaaaaaay too well.

In spite of Democrats' and their complicit media roadblocks.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1    5 years ago
In spite of Democrats' and their complicit media roadblocks.

For Sure !

Democrats Don't Like "Good" ! They need "Bad" to survive !

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.2    5 years ago

Candice Owens : “While the Left is being tethered down by hate and envy and greed, we are being brought together with this movement of patriotism, a love for our country, and a love for God.”

lib50
Professor Silent
5.1.4  lib50  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.3    5 years ago

face-with-open-mouth-vomiting_1f92e.png

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @5.1.4    5 years ago

A Good economy and "Minorities" actually gaining, makes you sick ?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.7  Jasper2529  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.3    5 years ago
Candice Owens

Interesting that you mentioned her. Democrats fear and despise her. See comment 5.1.4 for proof.

I recently watched this video of her.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.7    5 years ago

What's REALLY funny about the "Left" and their HATE of Candice, Candice wasn't always a "Conservative. Candice was the CEO of the website Degree180.

I'll leave it up to the "Left" to look that one up. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @5.1.4    5 years ago

Is that the face of Democrats when they realize that the economy is doing better?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.11  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.10    5 years ago
Is that the face of Democrats when they realize that the economy is doing better?

More like this:

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.13  Jasper2529  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.12    5 years ago
The knowledge that regardless of how much they bitch and moan, piss and whine, they will be seeing Donald Trump in the White House, sitting in the Oval Office until his last day in office in January 2025, when the next Republican can take the reins and guide this country to further prosperity and greatness.

If Dems continue to pompously grandstand instead of using their time to ask intelligent questions and eat fried chicken during congressional hearings, it will be a lonnnng time before one of them will sit behind the Resolute Desk.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.14  Tacos!  replied to  lib50 @5.1.4    5 years ago

[deleted]

lib50
Professor Silent
5.1.15  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.10    5 years ago

Would you like me to repost the economic growth charts I posted on another seed?   It seems like most of you forget when Obama came into office and what the economy did under him.  Here's one.  And I'll be more than happy to find more.  So many to choose from.  The stock market first.

MW-GY392_SP500O_20181112135502_NS.png?uu

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.16  Don Overton  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.17  Don Overton  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.5    5 years ago

[deleted]

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.18  Don Overton  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.14    5 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @5.1.15    5 years ago

You know, I just can't help it if you think the economy is doing poorly.

Some folks think that rising wages and very low unemployment is a good thing.

Say, you aren't one of those who think unemployment is so low because everyone is working two or three jobs, are you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @5.1.15    5 years ago

BTFW, are we moving to the economy under Obama now?

I could have sworn this article was about the economy under Trump.

Unless you think Obama is still in office?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.21  Greg Jones  replied to  lib50 @5.1.4    5 years ago

I know, the good news is enough to make a liberal wretch. jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

lib50
Professor Silent
5.1.23  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.19    5 years ago

Can't read the chart?   I was showing you in pictures that Trump didn't do anything except continue to ride Obama's economic coattails, since its claimed that Trump fixed Obama's.  That is a lie and I just showed you Trump didn't fix squat. 

I know lots of Americans need more than one job because wages suck, are you denying that?  No, not everyone.  Have you checked out some of the jobs and their salaries available?  Wages haven't risen enough in decades (notice I didn't blame Trump alone).  They are still underwater and if you can show me what Trump did to raise wages, I'll take a look. 

lib50
Professor Silent
5.1.24  lib50  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.21    5 years ago

Can you people not read?  I've even posted charts to make it easy, and apparently even that is too much to wade through. I am speaking to what Trump inherited from Obama, since bullshit about how Trump changed it from Obama's keeps getting posted here.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @5.1.23    5 years ago
Can't read the chart?

Oh, I read your cute little chart.

WTF does any of that have to do with today's unemployment numbers? 

I was showing you in pictures that Trump didn't do anything except continue to ride Obama's economic coattails, since its claimed that Trump fixed Obama's. That is a lie and I just showed you Trump didn't fix squat.

Well, isn't it special you think so?

I don't understand why anyone would be unhappy in today's economy.

I know lots of Americans need more than one job because wages suck, are you denying that?

Didn't deny that, now did I? Why do you keep doing that? If I MEANT to say something, I SAY it. Stop trying to pull that crap with me--I told you I don't allow that.

Have you checked out some of the jobs and their salaries available? Wages haven't risen enough in decades (notice I didn't blame Trump alone). They are still underwater and if you can show me what Trump did to raise wages, I'll take a look.

Perhaps had you read the article, you would know that wages are rising--faster now than in a long time. Of course, it might not be fast enough for you, and I am sure in your mind it must all be Trump's fault--even though the numbers have improved since Obama left office.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.26    5 years ago

Isn't it rather weird that any American would be complaining so bitterly over today's economy?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.28    5 years ago

It is rather amusing when someone tries to prove their own point and proves ours instead, and then refuses to even admit it!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.30    5 years ago

You know that some have a screw loose when they talk about a guaranteed income for all versus putting people to work.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.35  Texan1211  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @5.1.32    5 years ago

Their hatred of all things Trump seems to cloud their objectiveness.

When people complain about the economy today, they aren't doing so in any rational way.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago

but, times have changed, those jobs are no coming back... LOL

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago

looks like deagel will have to update their projections... LOL

seems the globalists in the US Department of Defense, Department of State, CIA, World Bank and European Union. thought we are going to lose over 100 million people in the next 6 yrs.

hillary would have helped them complete the plan to shit-hole our nation.

now? let's just say their plans for us? have been trumped :)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

I really hope I'm still living in 2020 to see the result of the 'media war on the administration vs the improved economy'.  Wasn't it Bush Sr. who said "Read my lips"?  Was it he who said "It's the economy, stupid."