Via:  john-russell  •  2 weeks ago  •  23 comments

Bill Maher: Dems look weak in fight with Trump
"Democrats, either do something or stop talking about it."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

MAY 11, 2019

maherbill_gettyimages-464171112.jpg?itok

"Real Time" host took aim at Democrats on Friday during his HBO show, blasting congressional inaction over the results of the special counsel's investigation in to the president's 2016 campaign and Russia.

Maher charged that Democrats were appearing "weak" by floating ideas such as impeachment and other means of holding President Trumpaccountable without actually taking any action, while listing issues such as Trump's tax returns where Democrats have so far failed to make headway.

"What are we doing? These are things we know already. [Russian President Vladimir] Putin's bad, Republicans suck. I don't care anymore about that," Maher said Friday.

"Democrats, either do something or stop talking about it because I think you're just making yourselves look weak," he added.

"Democrats, either do something or stop talking about it." – @BillMaher#RealTime pic.twitter.com/7h8L9CPpPJ
— Real Time (@RealTimers) May 11, 2019

Maher also suggested in his monologue that Democrats would hold Attorney General William Barr in contempt over his decision to not release the full, unredacted special counsel's report to Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) chair of the House Judiciary Committee, a remark which drew applause.

"Shut up!" Maher added jokingly, over the cheers. "It's not doing any good!"

His comments were echoed by CNN contributor Van Jones, who told Maher that his party had lost the trust of voters by declaring every action of Trump's to be an unacceptable breach of responsibility.

"You know, it's still part of the problem ... is that we have had this almost 'Chicken Little' kind of dynamic on the left. Like, literally every tweet is like the end of the Republic, " Jones said, referencing the famous fable.

"And so now that we are actually have arrived at that place people don't take us seriously," he added.

Maher has frequently criticized the Trump administration for its conduct since the president took office in 2017, and has argued that Democrats put too much faith in the special counsel investigation to end Trump's presidency.

“Did the Democrats put too much trust in the Mueller report?” Maher asked in April, after Barr's summary of the report was released. “I don’t need the Mueller report to know he’s a traitor. I have a TV.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Find text within the comments Find 

JohnRussell
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

“I don’t need the Mueller report to know he’s a traitor. I have a TV.”

βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ
1.1  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 weeks ago

The TV must communicate to Bill through top secret methods. Do you have to wear any type of transponder?

arkpdx
1.1.1  arkpdx  replied to  βΔĐ₣ƗŞĦ ĦΔŇĐ Ø₣ ĐØØΜ @1.1    2 weeks ago

It's made of tin foil and doesn't really do anything but they think it does. 

Greg Jones
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 weeks ago

What did they say on TV that proves treason occurred? There wasn't even anyobstruction of justice, let alone collusion with a foreign power.

Absolutely nothing of course. All they have are accusations unsupported by any kind of credible evidence, kinda like what they did to Justice Kavanaugh.

I not sure what's holding the cowardly wimp liberals back. If they got proof, impeach Trump. Otherwise, they need to shut up and get back to doing the people's business, for once. They haven't done any positive thing for the citizens since Trump was nominated.

But for now, it appears many on the left wing fringe need to lawyer up, as some inconvenient truths might be catching up with them.

Tacos!
1.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    2 weeks ago
I not sure what's holding the cowardly wimp liberals back. If they got proof,

That's what's holding them back. Lack of proof. They point at ordinary events, wink and nod disapprovingly, but that doesn't make it proof of a crime. They're on a snipe hunt for the smoking gun. They keep coming up with witnesses, suspects, and documents that are going to blow the lid off this case, and as each promised bombshell fizzles, they move on to another item with the same unwarranted promises. It's never-ending.

If they actually initiated impeachment hearings and then watched him be acquitted in the Senate, it would be over. Even loyal Democrats would get fed up. By holding off the impeachment, they keep the anticipation alive. Hopefully for them, they can do it long enough to win the election next year just by keeping the scandal narrative alive.

Jeremy Retired in NC
1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 weeks ago
“I don’t need the Mueller report to know he’s a traitor. I have a TV.”

Seems to be the liberal mantra since 2016.

Tacos!
1.4  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 weeks ago

If TV is how you know he's a traitor, there is an excellent chance you are misinformed and have reached the wrong conclusion. In several non-political, ordinary criminal cases, media hype has led many people to "know" that a person is guilty of something, but a more sober examination of the facts reveals a truth that is very different.

JohnRussell
1.4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @1.4    2 weeks ago

It's hilarious watching people try and defend Trump, which is humanly impossible. 

Tacos!
1.4.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1.4.1    2 weeks ago

And yet he was elected president and remains so, proving you wrong.

bbl-1
1.4.3  bbl-1  replied to  Tacos! @1.4.2    2 weeks ago

Elected?  He lost by nearly three million votes. 

Ah yes, The Electoral College thing.  Well, slavery is long abolished and the EC is no longer needed to protect the slave states.

Tacos!
1.4.4  Tacos!  replied to  bbl-1 @1.4.3    2 weeks ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
1.4.5  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @1.4.3    2 weeks ago

I have always found it interesting how some people always like to claim Trump lost.

But yet, there he is--President of the US and living in the WH.

Can you tell us when Abuela Clinton's inauguration was? 

I damn sure missed it!

LOL!

bbl-1
2  bbl-1    2 weeks ago

Dems don't have to anything.

DJT's "SleepyCreepy Joe" and other nonsense schticks is already the 'expected-childish-boring' campaign mode.  As far the Trump base--they don't care and don't know that they don't know.  Let it roll. 

arkpdx
2.1  arkpdx  replied to  bbl-1 @2    2 weeks ago

So far all I have seen Biden do is reuse the same strategy that worked so well for the democrat candidate in the last election. 

"Vote for Biden because he is not Trump"

Texan1211
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  arkpdx @2.1    2 weeks ago

Gonna be hard to run on only that with the economy doing well.

Even some Democrats aren't going to go ga-ga over an old, privileged white man whose recent family history leaves much to be desired.

of course, maybe they'll flock to Harris or some other nutjob.

bbl-1
2.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.1    2 weeks ago

Economy doing well for whom?  Main Street America feels nothing.  The upper tiers are doing very well.  As good as they were doing in 1927-28.  The question is whether and how long the debt can hold.

Texan1211
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.2    2 weeks ago

The economy is doing well for a majority of Americans. Sorry the recovery slipped by you.

The debt will hold? What do you mean by that? Every President in  my lifetime has added to the debt. Every Congress in my lifetime has spent more than it took in.

bbl-1
2.1.4  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.3    2 weeks ago

Again, you obviously know nothing about this either.

Your last paragraph is false.  It just is.

bbl-1
2.1.5  bbl-1  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.4    2 weeks ago

Unless your age is 2 1/2.

Texan1211
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.4    2 weeks ago
Your last paragraph is false. It just is.

You are correct. My mistake, I missed in my lifetime by less than 2 years.

The last time the US debt went down was in 1960.

I stand corrected.

Therefore, I will amend my statement to say that the debt went down in my lifetime under one President in 1960.

It stands to reason that means that only one Congress since I was born in 1958 has reduced the debt.

Happy now?

Texan1211
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.5    2 weeks ago
Unless your age is 2 1/2.

The debt hasn't gone down since 1960, so really unsure of what you are trying to say.

Do you think if I was 2 or 3, the debt would have gone down in my lifetime?

bbl-1
2.1.8  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.7    one week ago

I voted your comment up for this reason.  On the whole your assertion is correct.  However, it would also be prudent to consider new spending during those periods, what the spending was for and the ultimate benefit ( if any ) of those spending initiatives and whether the spending was of the sort that extrication from those obligations are even possible anymore.

In answer to your last paragraph.  You got me on that.  My answer, "of course not."

The Magic Eight Ball
3  The Magic Eight Ball    one week ago
"And so now that we are actually have arrived at that place people don't take us seriously," he added.

no truer words ever were spoken... LOL

anything a liberal says just go with the opposite by default and you will be right more often than not.

"Democrats, either do something or stop talking about it."
look weak? they are weak.  they got nothing. never did, and never will.
the lefts best days are in the past :)