OPINION Viktor Orbán’s anti-Semitism problem

Via:  atheist  •  one week ago  •  77 comments

OPINION Viktor Orbán’s anti-Semitism problem
When U.S. President Donald Trump hosts Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán Monday in Washington, he should realize that he is welcoming a leader who deals in hateful anti-Semitic tropes.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

What about the attacks against billionaire Jewish philanthropist George Soros, I asked. In the 2017 parliamentary election, Orbán promoted anti-Semitic imagery of powerful Jewish financiers scheming to control the world. Thousands of posters of a grinning Soros with the slogan “Let’s not allow Soros to have the last laugh!” were posted around the country on billboards, on the metro, and on the floors of Budapest’s trams. Just this year, a new media campaign featured Soros and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker with the caption: "You also have the right to know what Brussels is preparing for!”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Find text within the comments Find 

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
1  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    one week ago
The exhibition also carries the undertone that communists were Jews. State-appointed director of the Terror museum, Mária Schmidt, has published a paper trying to “prove” that the post-war communist regime in Hungary was more oppressive than the pro-Nazi wartime government. In response, renowned Holocaust scholar Randolph L. Braham dubbed Schmidt “a formerly budding Holocaust scholar turned into an ardently nationalist Holocaust distorter.”

Orban is Shitbag's newest member of "very fine" antisemitic fascists.  The old adage that one is known by the company one keeps definitely applies here.

It Is ME
1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1    one week ago

Soro's, the Destroyer of Countries (he doesn't look at the social consequences of what he does, and avoids the rules, a Hillary fav. person)....should be praised and left alone. jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

It has nothing to do with Him being Jewish. He's just a money hungry ASS !

you don't like Big Money folks ….. right ?

1.1.1  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @1.1    one week ago

No one who supports a soulless, immoral, money-grubbing massive glob of scum like your Shitbag has standing to judge Soros.  But thanks for hopping on the antisemite meme-train so quickly.  Here's test:  tell us who all the other international financiers who do the same thing Soros does you've attacked in this way to show us you have a consistent track record on this subject. 

It Is ME
1.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.1    one week ago
No one who supports a soulless, immoral, money-grubbing massive glob of scum like your Shitbag has standing to judge Soros.

Soulless, immoral, money-grubbing glob of a scum, country destroying Shitbag Soro's, is worth more than EVERYONE.

You luv Mega Money man Soro's ….. dontchya !

What Country has Trump tried to destroy again ?

I here this country is doing great right now.

1.1.3  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.2    one week ago
Soulless, immoral, money-grubbing glob of a scum, country destroying Shitbag Soro's, is worth more than EVERYONE.

So your hate is based on good old envy.  Good to know.  As for "destroying countries,"  please name these countries and describe what Soros did.  

1.1.4  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.2    one week ago
You luv Mega Money man Soro's ….. dontchya !

Not particularly.  I simply detest the antisemitic scum attacking him and love to get them out into the open. 

It Is ME
1.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.4    one week ago
I simply detest the antisemitic scum attacking him and love to get them out into the open. 

Really now ! 

Omar..... Talib ?

It Is ME
1.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.3    one week ago
So your hate is based on good old envy.

Backatchya ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

1.1.7  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.2    one week ago
I here this country is doing great right now.

You're obviously "hereing" things. (I know, cheap shot and yet so well deserved)

Greg Jones
2  Greg Jones    one week ago

Part of being president is meeting with these unsavory and disgusting characters.

It's called diplomacy

Churchill and FDR had to deal with Stalin, for example.

It certainly doesn't mean that the Trump supports their views,

except perhaps in some people's demented and empty minds.

2.1  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @2    one week ago
Churchill and FDR had to deal with Stalin, for example.

Oh?  When did Roosevelt invite Stalin to the WH and praise his virtues as a leader?  And Churchill inviting him for tea at No. 10 Downing St.--I missed that.  It must have been in all the papers.  Jeeziss, Greg.  If you make it that easy to slap down your BS it's hardly any fun.

Tessylo
2.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.1    one week ago

Rump the turd bows down/gets on his knees for all these authoritarians/dictators and then pisses all over our allies.  

Greg Jones
2.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.1    one week ago

Not true. Provide some evidence instead of making a sweeping generalization.

2.1.3  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.2    one week ago
Provide some evidence instead of making a sweeping generalization.

That's what's called real gall, Greg.   Of all the people who have no standing to demand evidence you'd be at the top of the list. 

2.1.4  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.2    one week ago
Provide some evidence instead of making a sweeping generalization.

Hereyago (although no chance of you ever accepting evidence having never provided any factual form of it yourself):

It's not just Trump who is embracing the Hungarian strongman. Here in Europe, the center-right European People’s Party recently suspended Orbán’s Fidesz party over the Juncker and Soros posters. But it refrained from expelling him because it wants Orbán’s support in order to remain the largest party in the European Parliament.

Even conservatives in Europe can see signs of a proto-nazi in the making. 

Tessylo
2.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.2    one week ago

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @2    one week ago

There is not a scintilla of diplomacy anywhere in that bloated fat pig of a turd 'president'.

3  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    one week ago

Here's a little test for all our Soros-haters:  Explain what you think is different between what the differnce between Warren Buffett and George Soros is and why  the former is almost universally praised by rightwiners for his deals while the latter is routinely scourged.  

Greg Jones
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3    one week ago

Obama got all kissy faced with the likes of Calypso Louis Farrakhan, Raul Castro, and Hugo Chavez.

Where was your outrage then.

3.1.1  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    one week ago

Take your off-topic lies somewhere else, Greg.  But thanks for admitting with that comment you got your ass whipped on this seed. 

Greg Jones
3.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.1.1    one week ago

Nope, I disputed your claim. And offered an alternate view. And there is plenty of evidence online to prove it.

The first thing a seeder does when whipped is claim a comment is "off topic".

At any rate, you failed in your attempt to tie Trump to dictators.

Now go whining to a moderator

MrFrost
3.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    one week ago
Calypso Louis Farrakhan and Hugo Chavez.

Weird, I don't see them mentioned in the article. 

Greg Jones
3.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.3    one week ago

According to my interpretation of the NT rules, it doesn't have to be.

In most forums, the comments don't necessarily have to agree with the article.

You know, the old back and forth let's have a discussion thingy.

Instead of having a seed devolve into an empty headed rant, or a circular, we all agree, echo chamber.

3.1.5  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.2    one week ago
Nope, I disputed your claim.

Only in your fantasy world, Greg.  And throwing in the worn out rightwing pukefunnel lies along with every otherwise empty comment attests to that fantasy.  

It Is ME
3.2  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3    one week ago

Haven't known Buffett to try and make money off an entire countries economy, while not worrying about the consequence to that country.

My, My.....that was easy ! jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Greg Jones
3.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  It Is ME @3.2    one week ago

Facts and reality leaves them stunned and shocked.

And seems from all the evidence that Soros is one of those really rich people financing the illegal caravans and bus rides.

It Is ME
3.2.2  It Is ME  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.1    one week ago
Facts and reality leaves them stunned and shocked.

Soro's is one of their heroes ! jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
3.2.3  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @3.2    one week ago
Haven't known Buffett

I don't recall a President Buffett. When was he elected? 

It Is ME
3.2.4  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.3    one week ago
I don't recall a President Buffett.

I don't recall a President Soro's either, but that wasn't the statement that was made that was responded to.

3.2.5  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.2    one week ago
Haven't known Buffett to try and make money off an entire countries economy, while not worrying about the consequence to that country

He makes money off of countries whose central banks are making bad monetary policy.  That should make him a rightwing hero.  You've revealed that you really don't know shit about what Soros does.

It Is ME
3.2.6  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.5    one week ago
He makes money off of countries whose central banks are making bad monetary policy. 

And Soro's doing shit like that, is a good thing …… for whom ?

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/361376-george-soros-investing-forced-immigration/

Soros to make a killing with European 'forced migration'

3.2.7  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.1    one week ago
And seems from all the evidence that Soros is one of those really rich people financing the illegal caravans and bus rides.

All that desperate lying just tells us again that you're  just getting pummeled again, Greg.  In poker, it's called a "tell" and you'd have been cleaned out by now. 

MrFrost
3.2.8  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.4    one week ago
I don't recall a President Soro's either

I don't recall saying there was. Do you? 

Tessylo
3.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.5    one week ago

'You've revealed that you really don't know shit about what Soros does.'

That's pretty obvious with every nonsense comment he makes.  

MrFrost
3.2.10  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.6    one week ago

What public office does Soro's hold? Koch Brothers? (I mean, since we are name dropping). 

It Is ME
3.2.11  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.8    one week ago
I don't recall saying there was. Do you? 

You recalled Buffett was President ?

It Is ME
3.2.12  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.10    one week ago
What public office does Soro's hold? Koch Brothers? (I mean, since we are name dropping). 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

3.2.13  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.6    one week ago
And Soro's doing shit like that, is a good thing …… for whom ?

The same kind of people (investors) who benefit from when Buffett makes a good investment.  Why  is that good for those people but not the ones who win with Soros, hmmmmmm?

It Is ME
3.2.14  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.9    one week ago
That's pretty obvious with every nonsense comment he makes.

As usual......NOTHING of substance.

3.2.15  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.6    one week ago
Soros to make a killing with European 'forced migration'

Oh, you're playing the lying card like Greg, now.  IOW, losing.   

It Is ME
3.2.16  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.15    one week ago
Oh, you're going the lying route

Proof ?

It Is ME
3.2.17  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.13    one week ago
The same kind of people (investors) who benefit from when Buffett makes a good investment. 

Which countries economies have gone down because of Buffett....or Trump for that matter ?

3.2.18  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.16    one week ago
Proof ?

It's one of the antisemitic lies against Soros by the proto-nazi Hungarian president (and your Shitbag's newest fascist buddy) Orban.  A two-fer by you:   a lie and antisemitism with just a one-word question. 

It Is ME
3.2.19  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.18    one week ago

"Let’s not allow Soros to have the last laugh!”

So antisemitic….. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

This was too:

"You also have the right to know what Brussels is preparing for!”

just killer antisemitic…...jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

3.2.20  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.19    one week ago

You finally got one right.

It Is ME
3.2.21  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.20    one week ago
You finally got one right.

This ? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

3.2.22  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.2    one week ago
My, My.....that was easy !

Being wrong is always easy for you. 

MrFrost
3.2.23  MrFrost  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.18    one week ago
(and your Shitbag's newest fascist buddy)

Trump shits on our allies and kisses the asses of dictators like Orban, Putin, Lil Kim, Duterte, etc... And not only are the vast majority of his base not outraged by this, they actually cheer and support it. Then when called out on it? They just deflect, drop names, accuse others, etc..it really is sad. Can you even IMAGINE the outrage if Obama had invited Orban to the WH, then kissed his ass on live tv? Holy crap, the right wing would have already built the gallows in the street. But trump does it? "YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Trump is the best!!!!!!!!!"

Truly sickening. 

3.2.24  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.17    one week ago
Which countries economies have gone down because of Buffett

Well, exactly none.  Last time I checked Great Britain still exists.  And thanks for asking so we could expose that lie, too. 

It Is ME
3.2.25  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.22    one week ago
Being wrong is always easy for you.

Ain't it ? jrSmiley_99_smiley_image.jpg

It Is ME
3.2.26  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.24    one week ago
Last time I checked Great Britain still exists. 

Did I say the Countries as a land mass went POOF ?

"Well, exactly none. "

Thanks for answering truthfully for once. 

Now....here is the hard one ….. which countries economic systems went down because of Soro's ?

Hint....one was Britain. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
3.2.27  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.14    one week ago
'As usual......NOTHING of substance.'
True, you never offer anything of substance. 
Thanks for verifying that.  

It Is ME
3.2.28  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.27    one week ago

Your so cute when you …… Try. jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

now give us something with REAL meat on it …… Please ?

3.2.29  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.26    one week ago
which countries economic systems went down because of Soro's ?

Again, exactly none.  Instead of asking these idiotic questions why don't you try offering some facts? 

3.2.30  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.26    one week ago
one was Britain.

Newsflash:  Britain's economy still exists.*  Keep trying, Itsy. 

*although it may very well cease to exist in any useful form if a full Brexit happens.  No doubt you'll find a way to blame Soros of that. 

MrFrost
3.2.31  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @3.2.11    one week ago
You recalled Buffett was President ?

No, I said I don't recall Buffett being president. And the reason I said that? Is because the story is about Trump, who is president but Buffett isn't, and never has been. The reason for that is because I was wondering why the poster would bring up Buffett when talking about Trump. One is the president, the other is not and never has been. There is a good bit of dichotomy there. 

Need I explain further? Yes, lets. 

You read the thread from top to bottom, when doing so, the progression of the conversation is revealed. I would surmise further that had you done that, the question you asked above, wouldn't have been asked because reading the thread properly would have answered your question, negating the need to ask it in the first place. 

Have a super day. jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
4  Tessylo    one week ago

Why is that the know nothings act like they know it all?

Greg Jones
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @4    one week ago

[deleted]

4.1.1  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    one week ago

[deleted

It Is ME
4.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.1.1    one week ago
and there's been heaps of that.  

Link ?

4.1.3  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.2    one week ago

It Is ME
4.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.1.3    one week ago

Counting to "One" isn't much of a tout to ones own accomplishments. Soro's wouldn't be impressed.

MrFrost
4.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.4    one week ago

Koch would be proud of you bashing Soros. 

It Is ME
4.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.5    one week ago

Really ?

4.1.7  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.5    one week ago

Thanks for bringing in the Kochs.  Another good example to highlight the selective attacks on Soros for doing the same thing and yet being idolized by the rightwing.  Their obvious motivation for that (both political and bigoted) couldn't be more clear. 

4.1.8  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.4    one week ago
Counting to "One" isn't much of a tout to ones own accomplishments.

I had to keep is simple  for obvious reasons. 

4.1.9  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    one week ago
Why do you act that way?

Greg, you've now reduced yourself to being the NT equivalent of Monty Python's  Black Knight.  Hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

4.1.10  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.6    one week ago
Really ?

Yeah, really.  By pointing at Soros and inventing bad things he's never done you serve as one of the many rightwing facilitators for one of the nastiest family empires ever erected:

In “Dark Money,” Mayer relies on interviews and previously undisclosed documents to trace a family fortune that was built in part on business ties with the Third Reich, and an early childhood colored by a fearsome German governess and a strict, demanding father who favored corporal punishment. She obtained a confidential history of Charles Koch’s effort to shape American politics that was commissioned by his brother Bill. The report, written by George Mason University historian Clayton Coppin, suggested that Charles has “a hatred of the government so intense that it could only be understood as an extension of childhood conflicts with authority.”

The boys’ father, Fred Koch, cared about his sons, Mayer writes, but could be a terrifying disciplinarian. He built the family fortune through early deals in Stalin’s Russia and, Mayer reveals for the first time, through business relationships in Nazi Germany. Fred was involved in building Germany’s third-largest oil refinery, a project Mayer says was encouraged personally by Hitler.

The book quotes letters Koch wrote as late as 1938 favorably comparing Germany’s work ethic with what he saw as the indolent attitude in the United States after the New Deal. “When you contrast the state of mind of Germany today with what it was in 1925 you begin to think that perhaps this course of idleness, feeding at the public trough, dependence on government etc., with which we are afflicted is not permanent and can be overcome,’’ he wrote.

But the Koch patriarch was an equal opportunity collaborator with mass-murdering dictators:

Koch Family Haunted By Business and Personal Relationships With Hitler And Stalin

MrFrost
5  MrFrost    one week ago
When U.S. President Donald Trump hosts Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán Monday in Washington, he should realize that he is welcoming a leader who deals in hateful anti-Semitic tropes.

True. "Actions speak louder than words". This is why the majority of Jews in the USA vote democrat. 

There are 34 members of congress that are Jewish. 32 of them are Democrats, just two are republicans. Coincidence? I seriously doubt it. 

https://www.pewforum.org/2019/01/03/faith-on-the-hill-116/

It Is ME
5.1  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @5    one week ago

MrFrost
5.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @5.1    one week ago

So you agree with me, thanks. 

It Is ME
5.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @5.1.1    one week ago

Exodus's aren't a good thing. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

5.1.3  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.2    one week ago
Exodus's aren't a good thing.

Well, now we add the Bible to your long (and quickly expanding) list of things you know nothing about.  

Greg Jones
5.2  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @5    one week ago

Now that the House has a few anti-Semitic terrorism supporters in their ranks, without any complaint from Pelosi, educated and intelligent Jews might be changing their voting preferences in large numbers.

MrFrost
5.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @5.2    one week ago
Now that the House has a few anti-Semitic terrorism supporters

Who? Are you talking about trump inviting and praising Orban? 

Fun fact Greg: Those chanting, "Blood and soil", and, "The Jews will not replace us!!!!", were trump supporters, not Democrats. The douche bag that drove his car into a crowd of people, (just like ISIS promotes), is a trump supporter, White nationalist/Neo nazi.. When it comes to anti-Semitism, the right wing is leaps and bounds ahead of Democrats. FACT. 

Greg, I will say this one more time. Trump invited an anti-Semite into the WH, and PRAISED him. You can drop all the names you want, it will not change that fact.                                    

Tessylo
5.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.1    one week ago

Yeah the turd 'president' was praising Orban for doing a GREAT JOB!

5.2.3  seeder  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @5.2    one week ago
Now that the House has a few anti-Semitic terrorism supporters in their ranks,

While your Shitbag proudly hosts and praises international antisemites--and you seem to be fine with that, aren'tcha Greg.  One thing about living in a glass house is that you can't hide, Greg.