╌>

It appears that Robert Mueller is letting America down.

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  28 comments

It appears that Robert Mueller is letting America down.

If I had to guess, my guess would be that Mueller expected the Congress to initiate impeachment hearings based on the Mueller Report. 

There is news that Mueller does not want to testify in public about his personal beliefs as to whether Trump obstructed justice. He wants to give those opinions in closed sessions of the Judiciary committee so as to not appear "political" to the public after being seen as non political for the past two years. 

This sounds fine and dandy in principle, but in the current turmoil and impasse the country needs Mueller to openly state and confirm his findings or otherwise explain them to everyone. This is not a situation that he can "finesse" to his own benefit. 

People from every angle of this and all political viewpoints want him to clearly indicate if Trump is personally guilty of wrongdoing, and nothing less from him is really acceptable.  I assume he thinks "I did my part", I left the path for Congress and now they need to pick up the ball", but he is the one seen as non partisan, and he is the one who needs to provide clarity.  Right now he is letting the country down. 

--------------------------

related

https://politicalwire.com/2019/05/21/mueller-and-house-democrats-at-an-impasse/

“Robert Mueller and House Democrats have been unable to reach an agreement on how much of the special counsel’s expected congressional testimony would be public, and how much would take place in private,” the Washington Post reports.

“The special counsel’s office has been quietly negotiating with the House Judiciary Committee, whose chairman, Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), has been eager to have Mueller testify as soon as possible.”

“Mueller… would like for any discussions beyond the public contents of his report to be conducted in private. Democrats want to press Mueller in a nationally-televised hearing about a host of issues, including whether he thought President Trump could or should be charged with obstruction if he were not the president, and whether Mueller agreed with Attorney General William Barr’s handling of the investigation’s findings.”

CNN : “The special counsel’s team has expressed the notion that Mueller does not want to appear political after staying behind the scenes for two years and not speaking as he conducted his investigation into President Trump.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

A Trump lackey suggested that the Democrats don't want Mueller to testify, when the truth is they want him to testify in public and affirm the findings of obstruction of justice that are in his report. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Neither his "personal beliefs" or feelings are relevant to any investigation.

Only the facts matter and perhaps Mueller has nothing new or earthshaking to add.

The report is completed and done and won't be amended.

It's amazing how quickly Mueller has gone from being a Democrat hero to their whipping boy in such a short time. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    5 years ago

Mueller appeared non political for the last two years? By whose standards? jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Was it by hiring a bunch of Hillary and Obama contributors and sycophants from the private sector as part of his team?

Was it by allowing a bunch of Hillary sycophants from the FBI that worked on her email case; to cross over and work on the Russian collusion investigation?  The only reason they were removed from the investigation is their emails outed them.

Was it because he went after anyone associated with Trump for anything that wasn't remotely associated with Russian collusion? But as for collusion, zip, zero, nada, nothing.

Or could it be his gray, vague, touchy feely, inability to conclude that Trump had obstructed; but wanted to leave it open to interpretation.  He is too chicken shit to bring charges in a court of law; where he could face retribution if proven wrong. Better for impeachment using Congress- which we all know would be on political grounds only. Rule of law doesn't matter (see the Dems letting Bill Clinton's perjury slide). 

Seems that heir Mueller is reluctant not wanting to face questions from Republicans in public.  They could start with Carter Page not being charged, nor questioned. Then move on to see if Mueller even bothered to check the validity of the FISA warrants that made Page out to be a master spy for the Russians. After that a break down of his team of hired Hillary and Obama donors. Whether he knew, and when he knew, he had Hillary sycophants within the FBI working on his team. So many questions so little heir Mueller to go around.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

It only appears that way to the majority of the progressive liberal left that are throwing a tantrum because the report did not say exactly what they wanted it to say.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

I know Republicans would love to be able to question him. If I were one of them, I would question him the way democrats questioned Justice Kavanaugh. After the questioning I would tell him that although he has been portrayed as a man of honor since the day he was named as a Special Counsel, I don't share that view.

The first question for Republicans should be "when did you know the President didn't conspire with the Russians?  How the hell would he answer that?  Ya, No wonder he dosen't want to show up!

As, for your comments, John, I predicted that all of you would shed that love for Muller, didn't I?   I predicted it before he handed in that report.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    5 years ago
the country needs Mueller to openly state and confirm his findings or otherwise explain them to everyone.

No, it doesn't. The country will roll along just fine without any public testimony from Mueller. It's the Democrats who think they need some kind of public shaming of Donald Trump because they didn't get it to their satisfaction in the official report. It's not about justice. It's about politics. They'd be better off publicly talking about how they are going to improve the country rather than running around desperately looking for a noose they can fit over Trump's head.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
3.1  tomwcraig  replied to  Tacos! @3    5 years ago

The irony is that they keep putting the noose on their own necks.  They are trying to usurp Executive Branch powers and authority for their own in all of this.   That will definitely backfire on them as they are running around saying "We are honoring our oaths to uphold and defend the Constitution!" while they are stomping all over it trying to get Trump removed from office any which way they can.  They are trying to access his financial records without any actual crime to investigate as Mueller clearly stated there was no Russian collusion by ANY AMERICAN.  Yet, they are writing subpoenas for his financial records to "see the foreign influences in the election."  There was no foreign influence in the election involving the Trump campaign as stated by Mueller already.  This is just an abuse of power by the Democratic Party that judges are foolishly siding with.  Frankly, if I was in Congress, I would be asking for the financial records of Nadler, Schiff, Waters, and every other committee chairman that has been asking for Trump's tax returns and bank information to prove the point that this is an overreach of Congressional oversight to the point of harassment and usurpation of the Executive Branch's authority.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4  Sunshine    5 years ago

Do an open hearing and let the Republican's staff lawyers do the questioning.

Have the Dems issued his subpoena yet?  What is the hold up?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5  Jack_TX    5 years ago

So.... failure to affirm an unhinged Trump fixation is now "letting America down".  

Looks like we're starting out at "4 Saimese" on the Crazy Cat Lady scale.

user image
Freshman Silent
6      5 years ago

Mueller is doing his Pontius Pilate impression at the trail of Jesus saying I can't find any fault with this man (Trump), but I hate him so I'm hoping you (Democrats in Congress) will crucify him, I want no part of it.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    5 years ago

Uh no.  Mueller did not 'let America down.'  America let itself down when it permitted a 'stable genius' to convince them that he was.  Putin helped too.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago

it is a 5 step process

• Denial,
  • Anger,
  • Bargaining,    You Are Here
  • Depression,
  • Acceptance.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8    5 years ago

I have accepted that America is fucked thanks to people like you. I have told my wife that while we may somehow avoid it, our daughters will have to live under the Christian Taliban(probably even worse than the Islamic one).

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.1    5 years ago
I have accepted that America is fucked thanks to people like you. I have told my wife that while we may somehow avoid it, our daughters will have to live under the Christian Taliban(probably even worse than the Islamic one).

That's not batshit crazy or anything.......

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.1    5 years ago

Oh, NO!! Help, HELP, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might as well tell them to move, right?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

Sorry Mueller, either (in your opinion) Trump is a retarded piece of shit or he is a criminal complete piece of shit. You have to say, stop being a bitch, we need to hear the conclusion from your own mouth. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
9.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9    5 years ago

It's the same as what he wrote, and makes no difference, no how.