Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  9 comments

Trump fires back at Pelosi: 'She's a mess'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Trump fires back at Pelosi: 'She's a mess'

9197dca0-94e1-11e6-9718-4d4a4a2e45f0_US-   David Knowles   14 hours ago  

Trump says he was calm during Wednesday’s meeting with Democrats

9d82bbd0-7da4-11e9-be35-287ce9c004e0_3_0

Scroll back up to restore default view.

At a rambling White House news conference, President Trump on Thursday sought to refute House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s description of his demeanor at a meeting on infrastructure that the president walked out of the day before.

“She said I walked into the room right next door yesterday and walked in and started screaming and yelling,” Trump told reporters.

“Just the opposite. Just the opposite. Because I know that they will always say that even if it didn’t happen, because this happened once before, I walked out, I was so calm. You all saw me minutes later, I was at a news conference, I was extremely calm,” he continued. “I was probably even more so in that room. So I walked into the Cabinet room. You had the group, Cryin’ Chuck, Crazy Nancy. I tell you what, I’ve been watching her and I have been watching her for a long period of time. She’s not the same person. She’s lost it.”

Seeking backup from his staff, Trump asked White House counselor Kellyanne Conway for her description of his bearing during the meeting with Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

“Very calm. No temper tantrum,” Conway responded.

“They have it on tape someplace?” Trump asked. “Good.”

After the meeting fell apart Wednesday, Pelosi described Trump as having had a “ temper tantrum .” The president, Schumer and Pelosi all said that Trump did all the talking at the meeting, expressing his anger that Democrats were continuing their investigations into the conduct set forth in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

5ce70d792100006d0c80ac58.jpeg President Trump speaks to reporters in the Roosevelt Room of the White House. (Photo: Andrew Harnik/AP)

“Mr. President, why would you have to raise your voice? You said to them, when you’re done with your two tracks, come back and we’ll talk about infrastructure,” Conway said.

Earlier Thursday, Pelosi expanded on her account of the White House meeting, essentially questioning the president’s mental state.

“I pray for him. I wish his family or his administration staff would have an intervention for the good of the country,” Pelosi told reporters during her weekly press conference on Capitol Hill. “Maybe he wants to take a leave of absence.”

Pelosi suggested Trump abruptly left the meeting because he was “ill prepared” to strike a deal with Democrats on infrastructure.

“He pulled a stunt,” Pelosi said. “He’s a master of distraction.”

Although Thursday’s press event was officially to announce $16 billion in federal financial assistance to American farmers and ranchers hurt by the president’s ongoing  trade war with China , Trump began attacking Pelosi when asked by a reporter why his administration didn’t send the USMCA trade deal — sometimes referred to as “new NAFTA” — to Pelosi for ratification in the House. USMCA is the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement.

“She’s a mess. Look, let’s face it. She doesn’t understand it and they sort of feel that she’s disintegrating before their eyes. She does not understand it.”

After he repeatedly called Pelosi “crazy Nancy” at the meeting, the president then said he didn’t want to use that nickname because people would say it was “a copy of crazy Bernie,” his chosen moniker for Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Trump also went on to reprise a familiar boast about his own intelligence. “I’m an extremely stable genius,” Trump said regarding the consistency of his views on trade.

Pelosi wasted little time in responding to the president.

This iframe is not allowed

_____

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Pelosi suggested Trump abruptly left the meeting because he was “ill prepared” to strike a deal with Democrats on infrastructure.

“He pulled a stunt,” Pelosi said. “He’s a master of distraction.”

Although Thursday’s press event was officially to announce $16 billion in federal financial assistance to American farmers and ranchers hurt by the president’s ongoing  trade war with China , Trump began attacking Pelosi when asked by a reporter why his administration didn’t send the USMCA trade deal — sometimes referred to as “new NAFTA” — to Pelosi for ratification in the House. USMCA is the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement.

“She’s a mess. Look, let’s face it. She doesn’t understand it and they sort of feel that she’s disintegrating before their eyes. She does not understand it.”

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

'Pelosi suggested Trump abruptly left the meeting because he was “ill prepared” to strike a deal with Democrats on infrastructure.'

Of course that's why!  He's ill prepared for anything and everything.  

You, dumbass turd 'president' Rump don't understand dick about anything.

He's a mess!  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    5 years ago

Pelosi has proven to be so trustworthy. jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Earlier Thursday, Pelosi expanded on her account of the White House meeting, essentially questioning the president’s mental state. “I pray for him. I wish his family or his administration staff would have an intervention for the good of the country,” Pelosi told reporters during her weekly press conference on Capitol Hill. “Maybe he wants to take a leave of absence.”

Right, rather convenient. She must be getting desperate since she is now fighting with her own junior party members on impeachment.  Sorry Nancy, no one is going to rescue you from the corner you painted yourself and the Democratic Party into.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @3    5 years ago

She is quite trustworthy.

Rump?  Fagheddaboutit!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @3.1    5 years ago
She is quite trustworthy.

Only when it suites her agenda. She will lie about anything to further her agenda just like any other politician. Look no further than her lies about the PPACA.

Pelosi is relying on her sheeples' hatred of Trump to believe her lies. Trump is no more unstable than when he took office. Pelosi is desperately trying to save herself from the impeachment trap she helped create. 

Seems the Dems really are worried they won't find a candidate capable of unseating Trump.  Their desperation reeks.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Nancy Pelosi is a standard politician. Trump is a buffoon.  There is no comparison.