╌>

You’re watching Fox News. You just don’t know it.

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  bob-nelson  •  5 years ago  •  16 comments

You’re watching Fox News. You just don’t know it.
Fox News was created to push right-wing nonsense to the mainstream, and now there’s no escape.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Bob Nelson    5 years ago

Is a video about Fox News necessarily meta?

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
2  dave-2693993    5 years ago

There are some of us who simply do not watch tv and avoid any extremist propaganda like the plague, regardless of which side of the aisle.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3  nightwalker    5 years ago

LOL

So, some people have figured out that fux "news" is just a far-right propaganda channel and always had been from the very beginning, and that they have the least connection to reality of anyone outside a looney bin? That they peddle petty details and rumors and even hints of rumors as established facts?

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

If someone just figured it out, they must live on Gilligan's Island. Not a bad idea at that, if trump and Bolton don't declare war on it in the next week.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  nightwalker @3    5 years ago

You apparently didn't bother to watch the video before Commenting.

You ARE WATCHING Fox News...

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.1.1  nightwalker  replied to  Bob Nelson @3.1    5 years ago

Yes I watched the video, I was just pokin' fun. I suppose that news channels have to respond to non-news "news" or there would be even more confusion but I don't think they mind too much, viewers will have to go to real news sites to debunk non-news "news." It adds a little spice.

Just like for most of us on NT respond to fake "news" articles posted, not because we're looking for facts or logical arguments but for our amusement and to vent our opinion about those articles. That way we at least get a little fun out of the propaganda that some poor mental defectives view as pure fact. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  nightwalker @3    5 years ago

Fox News is becoming more like CNN and MSNBC every day.

I guess getting the whole and accurate story is not important to you.

Too bad you can't support your statements with any specifics.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
3.2.1  seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    5 years ago

Did you watch the video?

Do you have anything pertinent to say?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Bob Nelson @3.2.1    5 years ago

It was pertinent to me.

Whether it was pertinent to you, I couldn't care less.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.2.3  nightwalker  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    5 years ago

There is very, very little that fux ever adds to "the whole and accurate story" but if you want to catch up on the gossip, innuendos, rumors and outright lies, or to have (sigh) trump phone in a surprise interview to watch his little mind ramble and fall apart until they have to say "we gotta go, you're busy," before they lose a pile of viewers (who don't want to lose the illusion of trump "being sane and stable" or a demonstration of his "good brain") fux is the place to be.

Even with Smith, fux is just barely closer to "fair and balanced" then they would be without him.

I don't see any of your statements being backed by any specifics either. Ever.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    5 years ago

The main point highlighted by the video is that op/ed journalism has replaced news reporting.  The examples shown in the video are pundit's speculation and opinion and that is simply not news reporting.

The material being aired by so-called news organizations is in the same genre as Dr. Phil or Maury Povich or Judge Judy.  Op/Ed journalism isn't intended to inform the public; the purpose of opinion is to persuade and influence the public.  Saturday Night Live competitively influences public opinion in the same manner as talking head infotainment.

Keep in mind that pundits will say anything to increase viewership.  That's why they are hired.  The pundit's aren't there to inform and educate the public.  A pundit is really doing the same sort of job as a WWE wrestler.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  Nerm_L @4    5 years ago
The main point highlighted by the video is that op/ed journalism has replaced news reporting.

No.

The subject of the video is the position of Fox News on the spectrum.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.1    5 years ago
The subject of the video is the position of Fox News on the spectrum.

The video depicts Fox News handing opinion to a news reporter/announcer.  How often has the New York Times been cited as a source of information in news reports over the last three years?  Isn't that the same as how Fox News is depicted?  And the New York Times hasn't always been correct.  Alec Baldwin's depiction of Donald Trump on SNL has even been included in news reporting.

Fox News consistently achieves higher ratings so the Fox News business model becomes more attractive for competitors to emulate and obtain a share of that market.  In reality CNN is trying to do the same thing by emulating Fox News.  When pundits begin discussing each other's opinions the news is lost.  The video shows examples of CNN pundits discussing the opinions of Fox News pundits.  Op/Ed journalism is about persuading and influencing public opinion; not about informing and educating the public.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Bob Nelson @4.1    5 years ago

It's position is way ahead of the competition, because it's fair and balanced.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
4.1.3  nightwalker  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.2    5 years ago

ROFL

That's fantastic, it really is.

Oh, you were trying to be serious?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4.1.4  seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  nightwalker @4.1.3    5 years ago

Perceptions differ..... jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
5  seeder  Bob Nelson    5 years ago
Isn't that the same as how Fox News is depicted?

No. Not at all. I suggest that you watch it again.