╌>

Man lights himself on fire near the White House

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  13 comments

Man lights himself on fire near the White House

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A man lit himself on fire Wednesday afternoon near the White House, according to the Secret Service.

The incident took place about 12:20 p.m. on the Ellipse in downtown Washington — sometimes referred to as part of the “President’s Park” — near 15th Street NW and Constitution Avenue.

tweet  posted by the Secret Service’s account said personnel are assisting officials from the National Park Service and the U.S. Park Police in getting the man first aid. No other information was immediately provided.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2  It Is ME    5 years ago

"Brilliant". jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Could be voter remorse from 2016. 

"What have I done" ? 

[jrEmbed module="jrYouTube" youtube_id="TlvKydE0EVA"]

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    5 years ago

It is hard to see this as anything other than a bad portent...

Happy folks just don't go round setting themselves on fire.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @4    5 years ago

No, but severely mentally ill people certainly do, for a multitude of reasons...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    5 years ago

https://www.thedailybeast.com/arnav-gupta-man-who-set-himself-on-fire-near-the-white-house-has-died

10 MINUTES AGO

Man Who Set Himself On Fire Near The White House Has Died

Jamie Ross

RTS2HHG3_zpmn9fReuters / Carlos Barria

The man who himself on fire on the White House Ellipse in a shocking incident Wednesday afternoon has died from his injuries, according to reports. The man was left in a critical condition after the incident and later died at hospital. He's been identified by Park Police as Arnav Gupta from Maryland. An earlier reportfrom CBS News said Montgomery County detectives were asking for help to find the 33-year-old from Bethesda amid concerns about his physical and emotional well-being. D.C. Police have now taken over the investigation.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago

But what was his motive, his purpose?  Did he leave any note or tell anyone his intention?  If nobody knows, I think any interpretation is speculation only.  He had to live somewhere, and perhaps family, friends or neighbours could have some answers.