╌>

Meteorologist Slams Bachelorette Fans Who Demanded Tornado Alerts Stop Interrupting the Show

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  9 comments

Meteorologist Slams Bachelorette Fans Who Demanded Tornado Alerts Stop Interrupting the Show

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

https://people.com/tv/meteorologist-angry-bachelorette-fans-complained-tornado-warning/

people.com

Eric Todisco

Weatherman Jamie Simpson was at odds with fans of The Bachelorette who found his tornado warning to be an inconvenience to their TV viewing

A meteorologist lashed out at some fans of  The Bachelorette  in the wake of this week’s deadly storms.

After a tornado alert in Dayton, Ohio, interrupted Monday night’s regularly scheduled programming for some viewers,  Fox45 weatherman Jamie Simpson became enraged on live television after fans demanded the channel return to the ABC series.

“We have viewers complaining already,” Simpson said after seeing fans unhappy on social media over the interruption.  ‘Just go back to the show.’ No, we’re not going back to the show, folks. This is a dangerous situation, OK?”

Simpson continued his tirade against  The Bachelorette  fans: “Think about if this was your neighborhood. I’m sick and tired of people complaining about this. Our job here is to keep people safe, and that is what we’re going to do,” he said.

“Some of you complained that this is all about my ego,” Simpson added. “Stop. It’s not. I’m done with you people, I really am, this is pathetic.”

Although  Bachelorette  fans were unhappy with missing out on some of Monday’s episode, this season’s leading lady,  Hannah Brown , called on Bachelor Nation to heed Simpson’s warnings.

“Lolz too funny, thanks Dayton, Ohio for the love, but be safe. naders are no joke,” Brown, 24, tweeted.

Simpson’s argument to focus on possible tornados was for good reason, as according to  AP News , one person has been killed, and 130 have been injured in twisters across the country. More than 50 tornados have touched down across eight states, including Ohio.

Early Tuesday morning, Montgomery County confirmed  via Twitter that a “large and dangerous tornado touched down last night,” just outside Dayton. It completely leveled homes and entire buildings, leaving over 80,000 people without power, and affecting more than 5 million.

Following the power outage, the City of Dayton asked its residents to “conserve water” in a  tweet that read : “Due to the widespread power outages we are asking all Dayton and Montgomery County Customers to conserve water. We have lost power to both water plants and pump stations. First Responders are performing search and rescue operations and debris clearing.”

The city later issued a boil advisory for all water as well.

The unhappy fans that lashed out at Simpson’s tornado alert missed out on Brown’s decisions on Monday night to hand out roses to Mike, Connor S, and Peter, while Luke P. continued to stir up trouble, but managed to avoid elimination once again.

At the end of the episode, the Alabama native opted to send home Joey, Jonathan and Cam, the latter of which was accused by Brown of trying to earn a “pity rose” after sharing a personal issue from the past.

The episode also featured appearances by  Jason Biggs  and  Jenny Mollen .

The Bachelorette  airs Mondays (8 p.m. ET) on ABC.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2  Freefaller    5 years ago

Some people are just so wrapped up in themselves they fail to see the bigger picture.

The last Amber alert we had up here was sent out at 5:40 am and some people called 911 to bitch about it.  Sad

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
3  GaJenn78    5 years ago

As my dad always said, "survival of the fittest", or "thinning the herd"

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1  epistte  replied to  GaJenn78 @3    5 years ago
As my dad always said, "survival of the fittest", or "thinning the herd"

Take the warning labels off and watch the herd thin itself.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    5 years ago

Sadly, the TV stations have no-one to blame but themselves.

For years they have overused and abused these weather alerts.

What's relevant can be contained in the usual crawl along the bottom of the screen.

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1  Ender  replied to  Greg Jones @4    5 years ago

I hate to do it but I kind of have to agree with you. Haha

Our station starts beeping when it rains. I can understand if the rivers are flooding or something yet we get them for the same weather we have had for years.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Although the weather 'emergencies" can be overblown by the stations, I agree with the weatherman in this case, for this reason, they can pinpoint the location of a tornado these days down to what street intersection it will be approaching in the next few minutes.  We had storms here in Chicago on Monday and while there were no tornadoes that close, there were tornado warnings for northwest Indiana which is in the Chicago tv area. For over an hour the weathermen and ladies on tv were giving a minute by minute account of exactly where the potential tornadoes were at the moment and how close they were to turning into actual twisters. Numerous times they told people in a particular small community to seek a safe room in their house because the conditions for a tornado were only minutes or even seconds away. 

This is a service that only tv can provide to a mass of people and it is appropriate with tornadoes. 

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
6  nightwalker    5 years ago

Just a matter of priorities. What's more important, the bachelorette scoring one of the contestants in the hot tub (was he good enough for a rose?)

Or a tornado warning you're going to ignore because you made no preparations for it and don't know where to go or what to do anyway?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7  katrix    5 years ago

This reminds me of when the Challenger blew up.  I was at a friend's house and she was watching a soap opera.  They cut into the soap opera to show the shuttle explode and she kept bitching because her show wasn't on.  Even her 3 year old realized that something was wrong and asked me where the plane was ... reality TV is today's soap opera, I guess.