╌>

Trump Is Making Our Entire Culture Stupid

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  121 comments

Every day he tweets something stupid and then his lackeys and bootlickers go out to the world and try to pave the stupidity over. This is the daily progress of the presidency of the United States Of America. Some of the public have become so used to it they now take it for granted.

It is not at all unreasonable to say that President* Trump says something stupid on twitter EVERY DAY, and then there is a back and forth between some in the media and various Trump defenders as they hash out just how stupid it was. (or to the defenders, "wasn't". )

There are Trump lackeys like Kayleigh McEnany whose sole purpose seems to be to come on cable news and try and clean up Trump's daily messes. If she is getting paid by piecework she is getting rich. 

Tonight her assigned role was to "clean up" this tweet from Trump.

kUuht00m_normal.jpg

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I never called Meghan Markle “nasty.” Made up by the Fake News Media, and they got caught cold! Will @ CNN , @ nytimes and others apologize? Doubt it!

================================

Mc Enany's challenge , which she perkily accepted was to make this sentence inoperative  -  "I never called Meghan Markle “nasty.”"

There is an audio of Trump saying, exactly, "I didn't know she was nasty", referring to Markle. 

It certainly is possible to claim that Trump didnt intend to say Markle is personally nasty, but rather her previous comments about him were nasty, in his opinion.  But the fact is he did say "I didnt know she was nasty".  So why bother to deny you said it? 

Because you are Donald Trump.  Every day he tweets something stupid and then his lackeys and bootlickers go out to the world and try to pave the stupidity over. This is the daily progress of the presidency of the United States Of America. Some of the public have become so used to it they now take it for granted. They don't ask "why is the president calling a young woman who is now a princess in the UK "nasty" in the first place?  Why does he constantly get involved in these ridiculous imbroglios ?

Trump has lowered the discourse of the presidency off the bottom of the chart.  This morning he attacked the mayor of London based on his height (the man is 5'6"). Then someone will comment on Trump's boorishness and Trump's bootlickers will span out across the mediaverse and tell everyone that either they didnt hear what they heard or "who cares", "the economy". 

Meanwhile people get dumber every day, thanks to our president. 

It doesnt have to be this way you know. 

related

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Our reality tv president. People who won't watch reality tv for entertainment accept it in their national leader. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

Twitter had already made our entire culture stupid long before Trump.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1    5 years ago

In my oh so Humbullistick 

opin yen, 

Our Mentality impeared impoverishing mind power washing mental midget unstable some of All of

the Damn time :247 embarrassment 

should make you blush, but that’s the way I read what I read about you , via your autobiographer 

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1    5 years ago

[Removed]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1    5 years ago

I’m hoping he makes the transition to Parler.  It’s a better service.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1    5 years ago

I think we've been going stupid long before Twitter. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Jack_TX  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.4    5 years ago
I think we've been going stupid long before Twitter. 

You're right.  

I'm just still amazed by the stupidity explosion that Twitter has produced.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.6  Gordy327  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.5    5 years ago
I'm just still amazed by the stupidity explosion that Twitter has produced.

I tend to think social media propagates and amplifies stupidity. Especially if that where people get their information from. You never see tweets (or at least, not nearly enough) talking about or giving math lessons or discussing science. It's all about what one is doing or what the Kardashians are up to now, or some nonsense like that. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

He said he didn't know she had made nasty comments to about him, not that she was nasty herself.

Listen real close next time and note the emphasis

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    5 years ago

I know what he said and what he may have been referring to. Because he is such a poor public speaker and so miserable at explaining himself, he referred to the woman as nasty. Then he tries to rub the publics nose in his stupidity by advertising it on twitter. He does this sort of thing every single day. He is an embarrassment to this country. Everyone of intelligence knows that. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.2  katrix  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    5 years ago

He specifically referred to her as nasty.  What is it about him that prevents you from believing the bullshit he spews, even when it's available on audio?  He said, "No, I didn't know that she was nasty."

Just because he lies about what he said doesn't mean his supporters should do the same.

Junior Participates
1.2.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    5 years ago
He said he didn't know she had made nasty comments to about him, not that she was nasty herself.

Nope, Greg.  Just not even close.  

Junior Participates
1.2.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  katrix @1.2.2    5 years ago
Just because he lies about what he said doesn't mean his supporters should do the same.

Actually, I think that is in their contract. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.3  epistte  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
Our reality tv president. People who won't watch reality tv for entertainment accept it in their national leader. 

Gaslighting has become a policy for the GOP under Trump.

Gaslighting is a tactic in which a person or entity, in order to gain more power, makes a victim question their reality. It works much better than you may think. Anyone is susceptible to gaslighting, and it is a common technique of abusers, dictators, narcissists, and cult leaders. It is done slowly, so the victim doesn't realize how much they've been brainwashed. For example, in the movie Gaslight (1944), a man manipulates his wife to the point where she thinks she is losing her mind. 

If anything positive comes from the Trump administration I hope that knowledge and understanding of the Dunning Kruger effect and gaslighting are along with them. If people know what gaslighting is and how it works then they are less susceptible to its effects. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2  1stwarrior    5 years ago

Meanwhile people get dumber every day, thanks to our president.

Actually John, the last part of that SHOULD read - "thanks to some members of NT with their continuous Dead Horse beatings"

There - fixed it for ya.  Yur welcum.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @2    5 years ago

Thats right, blame the victim, lol. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @2    5 years ago
There - fixed it for ya.  Yur welcum.

If you think we are going to accept this daily nonsense for six more years you are crazy. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    5 years ago

So whatcha gonna do about it John.

You're stuck with the Trumpster for half a dozen more years.

Junior Participates
2.2.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.2    5 years ago

Really?  How much would you bet on that? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    5 years ago

You are going to accept it for almost 6 more years and you will enjoy every moment of it.  

Junior Participates
2.2.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.2    5 years ago
You're stuck with the Trumpster for half a dozen more years.

I seem to remember a lot of rightwingers piling on the ridicule for people predicting a sure HRC win in 2016.  One would think that they'd recognize the folly of doing the same thing now, especially this far ahead of the next election.  But, I guess the temptation was just too much to resist.  I wonder if they remember the old adage about what goes around comes around. 

Junior Participates
2.2.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.4    5 years ago

Sounds like you and Greg might have some inside information on how the Russians are going to help Shitbag this time.  But I don't see either of you willing to actually risk on your certainty.  How's about this:  If Shitbag loses in 2020, you, Greg and anyone else making predictions like this, will permanently leave the NT.  

JBB
Professor Principal
2.2.7  JBB  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.5    5 years ago

The gop is still in denial about the historic whooping they got in November...

Junior Participates
2.2.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.6    5 years ago

I've put an article up for the whole membership to consider this idea.  It should be fun (if the mods let it pass). 

Junior Participates
2.2.9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2.8    5 years ago

Been transferred to Metafied. 

Junior Participates
2.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1stwarrior @2    5 years ago
"thanks to some members of NT with their continuous Dead Horse beatings"

You mean like Shitbag and/or his followers still calling for locking HRC up for fuck-all?  That kind of "dead horse beating?"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.3    5 years ago

Is that what you read?

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago

spiritslinger-com-trump-caught-in-a-lie-about-lying-over-lie-25742266.png

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @3    5 years ago

spiritslinger-com-trump-caught-in-a-lie-about-lying-over-lie-25742266.png

Ain't it the truth? 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Kavika @3    5 years ago

His supporters and most other rational people don't care.

lib50
Professor Silent
3.2.1  lib50  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    5 years ago

Because most rational people don't have problem with a person who lies every day about everything?   WTF?   How does one respond to people who chose to identify and support a racist lying asshole?  Doesn't matter what he says, blind support and no rational thinking.   

Junior Participates
3.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    5 years ago
His supporters and most other rational people don't care.

Definitely his supporters don't mind the lying.  In fact, that's what they want.  Rational people are an altogether different group. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  Jack_TX  replied to  lib50 @3.2.1    5 years ago
Because most rational people don't have problem with a person who lies every day about everything?   WTF?  

How is it that actual human adults cannot bring themselves to ignore a person who is untruthful?  WTF indeed.  

Trump is the symptom of an ignorant and emotional society, not the cause. 

News flash...batshit lefty ignorance and emotional instability is not better than batshit righty ignorance and emotional instability.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2.4  epistte  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.3    5 years ago
How is it that actual human adults cannot bring themselves to ignore a person who is untruthful?  WTF indeed.  

Trump is the symptom of an ignorant and emotional society, not the cause. 

News flash...batshit lefty ignorance and emotional instability is not better than batshit righty ignorance and emotional instability.

It is the fact that he wields significant political power. If Trump wasn't a nationwide elected official I would ignore his idiocy like I do the neighbor's dog. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
3.2.5  katrix  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.3    5 years ago
Trump is the symptom of an ignorant and emotional society, not the cause

I blame reality TV ;)

But seriously, when reality TV shows are this popular ... I think it proves your point.  Although they are also a symptom, not a cause.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.6  Jack_TX  replied to  katrix @3.2.5    5 years ago
I blame reality TV

I'll go with that.

I'm not sure I won't need additional things to blame.  There is a lot of it to go around.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.2.7  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    5 years ago

[deleted]

Junior Participates
3.2.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.3    5 years ago

Ahh, the good ol' comfy land of Smug Bothsiderism where everything is considered equal and no judgment is required (or even allowed).  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.9  Jack_TX  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.8    5 years ago
Ahh, the good ol' comfy land of Smug Bothsiderism where everything is considered equal and no judgment is required (or even allowed).

Judgment is allowed and passed, and encouraged.  Especially judgment of one's own "side". 

The only people who believe their side's batshit ignorance to be better than the other side's are those afflicted with the disease.

Junior Participates
3.2.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.9    5 years ago
Judgment is allowed and passed, and encouraged.

Judgment without any criteria or standards is just blather.  Bothsiderism is lazy at best and self-righteous smugness at worst. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.11  Jack_TX  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2.10    5 years ago
Judgment without any criteria or standards is just blather.

It's actually impossible to make a judgment without some form of criteria.  Choices made with no criteria are "random", which is a different thing.

Bothsiderism is lazy at best and self-righteous smugness at worst. 

I'm sure you would like to think so.  You have those backwards, BTW.

But your motives are transparent.  You post history indicates clearly your zeal for antagonizing anyone with differing views than your own but a lack of effort required to engage in thoughtful conversation.  People with extremist views generally have lower intellectual capabilities and are targets you can handle.  Moderates are smart enough to view issues from multiple perspectives, and generally smart enough to be beyond your reach.  The best evidence of this is that you now find yourself in the pathetic position of having nothing more to attack than moderation itself.

In words you'll understand... you're only looking for a fight and can't find anything better to fight about than someone not wanting to fight.  It's like a scene from a bad movie about a high school bully.

Junior Participates
3.2.12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.11    5 years ago
It's actually impossible to make a judgment without some form of criteria. 

Just saying "both sides do it" does not criteria make.  It's just intellectual, ethical and moral sloth and political cowardice. 

Junior Participates
3.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Kavika @3    5 years ago

More like three years of it.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4  luther28    5 years ago

Sorry John, the dumbing down of America came about long before Mr. Trump arrived on the political scene.

Most likely the reason many folks are drawn to him, stupidity seems to be like a magnet of late.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  luther28 @4    5 years ago
the dumbing down of America came about long before

Not from the presidency.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4.1.1  luther28  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    5 years ago
Not from the presidency.

George W. Bush

Ronald Reagan

It would be rather easy to blame Mr. Trump for all of the ills of America, but then it would be wrong. Not saying that he hasn't made it chic to be dumb, but it certainly did not begin with him.

As my late wife once said, I am a prick, but a fair prick.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  luther28 @4.1.1    5 years ago

If you want to compare the garbage and basic insanity we get from Trump on an hourly basis to what Bush 2 or Reagan used to do, knock yourself out. I think there are magnitudes of difference. 

I guess your attitude explains why you don't get worked up over Trump. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4.1.3  luther28  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    5 years ago
I guess your attitude explains why you don't get worked up over Trump.

My attitude is not to waste time over things I have no control over and look at things objectively. I feel our culture became stupid prior to Mr. Trump's arrival, has he made it easier to display stupidity, sure but the overall responsibility is not his, plenty of blame to share.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  luther28 @4.1.3    5 years ago
I feel our culture became stupid prior to Mr. Trump's arrival,

Of course it did. How do you think he got elected?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.4    5 years ago

He got elected because the people disliked Hillary more than the did Trump.

Over 60 million people can't be all that wrong.

At any rate, y'all are stuck with him forever and for always

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    5 years ago
I guess your attitude explains why you don't get worked up over Trump

I don't know why anyone would get all worked up with who is president.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.5    5 years ago
y'all are stuck with him forever and for always

He didn't get elected POTUS for life

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.8  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.6    5 years ago

IMHO ,simple answer ? ego and pride.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.9  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.8    5 years ago

Nonsense. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.10  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.7    5 years ago
He didn't get elected POTUS for life

And thank the fates none of them are , and they are limited to only just shy of a decade , maybe it should be that way for all elected federal offices ….

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.11  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.6    5 years ago

We have never had a reason before. Trump is a con man, liar, crook, cheat, and ignoramus. All of those are more than enough reason to speak out against him. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.10    5 years ago

I'm with you on that!

cms5
Freshman Quiet
4.1.13  cms5  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.5    5 years ago

This is EXACTLY why Trump is President...and if the Dems don't offer a candidate better than what we've seen so far, he will have another four years in office.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.14  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  cms5 @4.1.13    5 years ago

I don't think its going to come down to the candidate this time around , but it will depend more on the overall party platform that the candidate will be running on, the candidate can only do as much as the party platform dictates with its support of certain issues , and that's not even talking about what happens in a divided congress.

People will again end up voting their own interests on issues that matter to them , their own personal "yardstick " they use to evaluate the different candidates and their positions .

Right now none of the candidates show up on my yard stick, from either party , but not everyone that's going to run has announced yet , and its still early in the process.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.15  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.9    5 years ago

well john I am entitled to my opinion , and I did start of by saying it was simply my opinion, shame you didn't ask why I came to that opinion .

Out of the past 10 presidential elections , I have voted for the person that won exactly 5 times, those times I didn't vote for the winner(3 of those times including the last cycle I voted for a 3rd party candidate) , it sucked , no one likes to think they voted for a loser,and ego and pride , sometimes makes people either rethink their choices , or double down on a losing game  out of pride .

How much power does a president actually have over anyones day to day life? IMO very little to none, that cant be gotten around.

So ego and pride is a simple answer , even though it is a little more complex than that. In my opinion.

Junior Participates
4.1.16  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.5    5 years ago

3 million more people disliked your Dirtbag more than Hillary.  A lot more than that dislike him now.  

Junior Participates
4.1.17  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.5    5 years ago
Over 60 million people can't be all that wrong.

Then 63 million other people had to have been right, then. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.1.17    5 years ago

So elect someone else in 2020.

Junior Participates
4.1.19  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.18    5 years ago
So elect someone else in 2020.

Workin' on it.  

Junior Participates
4.1.20  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.5    5 years ago

And with the help of his friend, Putin.....let's not keep trying to forget that, Greg, mkay? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  Krishna  replied to  luther28 @4    5 years ago
Sorry John, the dumbing down of America came about long before Mr. Trump arrived on the political scene.

I agree.

However, there are several things that made it even worse-- chief among them is Trump.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.2  XXJefferson51  replied to    5 years ago

He did an awesome job in Europe this week and his D-Day speech was very good.  

Junior Participates
4.2.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.2    5 years ago

This is what Dumbya called the soft bigotry of low expectations (and he was one of the best examples of low expectation).  But Dirtbag has lowered that bar so deeply that he can (and does) cover himself with his own shit on a regular basis and his followers cheer for it every time. 

Junior Participates
4.2.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.2    5 years ago

Only if "awesome" in Trumpland means disgustingly using the cemetery in Normandy as a backdrop for making domestic political attacks, lavishly overspending taxpayer money on his putrid family and making it a point to use that taxpayer travel money to stay at hotels owned by the vastly wealthy oil sheikdoms of the Middle East--IOW paying them back for staying at his hotel in DC by spending money that wasn't his.  IOW, awesome as in awesomely corrupt.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago
I never called Meghan Markle “nasty.” Made up by the Fake News Media, 

yepp... totally fake news.... and the left is drooling over it like fukin morons

a reporter asked trump if he heard merkels "nasty comments" about him.

he replied:  I didn’t know that she was nasty.”

the left have lost their collective minds... and they want to run our country? fuk them.

Junior Participates
5.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5    5 years ago
a reporter asked trump if he heard merkels "nasty comments" about him. he replied:  I didn’t know that she was nasty.”

I always enjoy watching a Trumper calls someone a moron and than dives right into the shallow moron end of the pool.  Here we have someone who put up a quote about Markle  but then refers to "merkels" in his own comment.  So he's either incapable of distinguishing Megan Markle from Angela Merkels or is so inept that he couldn't even get the name right in the space of the minute or so between reading the quote and writing the comment. Either way, we can all see how misplaced the epithet was.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago
a reporter asked trump if he heard merkels "nasty comments" about him. he replied:  I didn’t know that she was nasty.”

Unlike some people here, I like to be accurate as much as possible. Frankly that it why I am so good on forums like this. You are always better when you are accurate. 

YOU said "a reporter asked trump if he heard merkels "nasty comments" about him."  "Nasty comments" is what you quote the reporter as saying.  I listened to the video that you linked to, the reporter in question never used the word "nasty." Nope. Didn't happen. Trump is the one who describes people as "nasty" and he is the one, and the only one, who used the word in this instance also.  

Back to the drawing board with you Magic 8 Ball. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @6    5 years ago
'Back to the drawing board with you 'Magic 8 Ball.'

It's cracked and leaking.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @6    5 years ago
Back to the drawing board with you Magic 8 Ball. 

no need... only the most stupid believe he called her "nasty"

The Sun : "Now Meghan, who is now the Duchess of Sussex, we've given her a different name, she can't make it because she's got maternity leave. Are you sorry not to see her? Because she wasn't so nice about you during the campaign. I don't know if you saw that."

Trump:  "I didn't know that, no. I didn't know that. No. I hope's okay. I did not know that, no." 

The Sun:   "She said she'd move to Canada if you got elected. It turned out she moved to Britain."

Trump:   "Well, that'll be good. There are a lot of people moving here. So, what can I say?   No, I didn't know that she was nasty. "

The Sun:   "Is it good having an American princess though, Mr. President?"

Trump:   "I think it's nice. I think it's nice. I'm sure she'll do excellently. She'll be very good. She'll be very good. I hope she does."

Frankly that it why I am so good on forums like this. 

frankly, your nothing but a hack.

cheers :)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2    5 years ago

I have no idea what "good" point you think you are making. You said that the reporter had used the word "nasty" first. It turns out that the reporter didnt use the word nasty at all. That is a Trump word, which he has used on many people before and undoubtedly will again.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    5 years ago
You said that the reporter had used the word "nasty" first.

no, I said the reporter asked trump if he heard her nasty comments" 

and yes, her comments were "nasty comments   my opinion

I have no idea "

exactly...  have fun with that. and the drama queens will  all rejoice with you.

cheers :)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.2    5 years ago

I can see there is no purpose in trying to appeal to logic or facts. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.3    5 years ago

logic?  LOL

The Sun: "Is it good having an American princess though, Mr. President?"

Trump: "I think it's nice. I think it's nice. I'm sure she'll do excellently. She'll be very good. She'll be very good. I hope she does."

but all you care about is trump said the word nasty when speaking about her "comments"... OMG and suddenly your hair is on fire

again... focus...

Trump: "I think it's nice. I think it's nice. I'm sure she'll do excellently. She'll be very good. She'll be very good. I hope she does."

but, OMG trump said the word nasty when talking about her comments.... ahhhhhhhhh.... LOL

john. to be honest here. as a "deplorable who is apparently "in a basket, I only find your concerns laughable. not logical.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.4    5 years ago

Facts do not appeal to you. I get it. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.6  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.5    5 years ago

your bs manufactured drama and outrage do not appeal to me john.

trump remarked her comments were nasty and they were

but when trump complimented her?

The Sun:   "Is it good having an American princess though, Mr. President?"

Trump:   "I think it's nice. I think it's nice. I'm sure she'll do excellently. She'll be very good. She'll be very good. I hope she does."

you ignore the shit out of that... LOL

orange man bad jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.2.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2    5 years ago
only the most stupid believe he called her "nasty"

" No, I didn't know that she was nasty. "

I suppose you can forgive "the most stupid" for believing that considering that is what the President said whether or not it's what he meant.

In English grammar , a subject is one of the two main parts of a sentence . (The other main part is the predicate.) The subject is sometimes called the naming part of a sentence or clause. The subject usually appears before the predicate to show (a) what the sentence is about, or (b) who or what performs the action.

" No, I didn't know that she was nasty. "

The subject may be just a single word: a noun or a pronoun. In this first example, the proper noun Felix is the subject of the sentence:

• Felix laughed.

In the next example, the personal pronoun he is the subject:

• He laughed.

Adjectives are words that describe the qualities or states of being of nouns: enormous, doglike, silly, yellow, fun, fast . They can also describe the quantity of nouns: many, few, millions, eleven

So in that sentence, disappointing Donald said " No, I didn't know that she was nasty" making "She" the subject and "nasty" the adjective to describe the subject. The fact that he made the assessment that "she was nasty" based upon something she had said in the past is immaterial.

So factually, the half-wit Donald Trump did call Meghan "nasty". The excuse being used by his sycophants to defend him appears to be that Trump is so stupid and so bad at grammar and communication that he really meant "Meghan's 'comments' were nasty".

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.2.8  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.5    5 years ago
Facts do not appeal to you. I get it. 

when you figure out the difference between calling someone nasty and commenting about their nasty comments.... get back to me about those so-called facts.

no one has to agree if her comments fit their definition of nasty or not.

he never called her nasty = fact

he was talking about the bitches comments.. not the person.

little miss I will leave the country... LOL good riddance.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.9  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2    5 years ago

jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.10  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.1    5 years ago

It shows the context clearly and it's obvious to any objective observer that he was referring to the comments she made about him not to her as a person.  Get over it already.  

Junior Participates
6.2.11  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.2.6    5 years ago
orange man bad

Don't forget stupid and mendacious.... By the way, quoting things he said after calling her nasty doesn't remove the fact that he first called her nasty.  This is what truly nasty, back-biting POSes like your Dirtbag do.  

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8  livefreeordie    5 years ago

The left using the public education system has been engaged in a systematic dumbing down of America for many decades.  The people know nothing of our founding principles and thus no longer believe in the importance of individualism and the sovereignty of the individual. Instead they willingly embrace being slaves of the state and no personal responsibility or accountability 

thats how we get all these Marxist statists in government from both parties.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @8    5 years ago

Marxists, statists, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah . . . 

Did you home school your children?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.1.1  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @8.1    5 years ago

The truth really seems to bother you

do you deny we live under statist forced collectivism and redistribution of wealth?

do you deny we have a progressive income tax and estate taxes which Marx stated were essential to destroy capitalism?

the 16th amendment imposing the income tax turned us from sovereign free citizens into subjects of the state. When the state determines how much of what you earn that you can keep, you are no longer a free person.

when we redistributewhat others have earned and give it to those who did not earn it, how is that not Marx’s “from each according to their ability, to each according to their need”

Most of Marx's steps to transition from Capitalism to Communism found in Section II, Proletarians and Communists of the Communist Manifesto have already become law and policy (words in parenthesis are my comments)

Chapter II. Proletarians and Communists

The Communist revolution is the most radical rupture with traditional property relations; no wonder that its development involved the most radical rupture with traditional ideas.

But let us have done with the bourgeois objections to Communism.

We have seen above, that the first step in the revolution by the working class is to raise the proletariat to the position of ruling class to win the battle of democracy.

The proletariat will use its political supremacy to wrest, by degree, all capital from the bourgeoisie, to centralise all instruments of production in the hands of the State, i.e., of the proletariat organised as the ruling class; and to increase the total productive forces as rapidly as possible.

Of course, in the beginning, this cannot be effected except by means of despotic inroads on the rights of property, and on the conditions of bourgeois production; by means of measures, therefore, which appear economically insufficient and untenable, but which, in the course of the movement, outstrip themselves, necessitate further inroads upon the old social order, and are unavoidable as a means of entirely revolutionising the mode of production.

These measures will, of course, be different in different countries.

Nevertheless, in most advanced countries, the following will be pretty generally applicable.

A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes. (eminent domain)

Abolition of all rights of inheritance. (estate tax)

Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly. (Federal Reserve)

Centralization of the means of communication and transport in he hands of the state. (FCC & Dept Of Transportation)

Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a         common plan. (AIG, GM, Dept of Agriculture, OSHA, EPA)

Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.   (unionism)

Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country. (urbanization)

Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc (John Dewey a communist and founder of American Public Schools -Dewey considered "the great task of the school" to be "to counteract and transform those domestic and neighborhood tendencies" which he specifically and accurately identified as "the influence of home and Church." In order for Dewey's "progressive" agenda to advance, the moral authority of "home and Church" would have to be undermined and replaced with the authority of the state.)

“The bourgeois family will vanish as a matter of course when its complement vanishes, and both will vanish with the vanishing of capital. (homosexual marriage, feminism)

“seek to end all religious belief and practice (which is a common sentiment here by the      socialists)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.1    5 years ago
Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form.

You object to education for all children and oppose abolition of children working in factories.  How 18th century of you. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

You are an extremist pastor. By definition extremists are out of mainstream thinking. Have fun flailing away against the modern world. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.1.4  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.2    5 years ago

You love twisting and lying.

i oppose our Marxist public education system, not education itself.

as to child labor, I oppose government controlling what is a family decision.  I began working at age 12 andby age 16 was working 60 hours a week while in high school to help my mom keep our home and support my siblings. I’m glad I did it andwould do it again.  Only totalitarian governments control the decisions families make on education and work 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.1.5  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @8.1    5 years ago

Yes and they all have degrees. One is a senior Vice President of a Fortune 100 company. One is a multi-millionaire solely by his own efforts.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.4    5 years ago

I neither lied, or twisted, and of course, you know it. 

You listed both free public education and child labor laws as programs that would bring on Marxist tyranny. There is no doubt that you have extremist positions .  Just accept it and have your little fun here as Newstalkers so kindly allows you to do. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.1.7  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.6    5 years ago

Of course you did. You claimed I oppose education itself

Government control over families including education and economic decisions is the extremist position,. But those like yourself who actually like being slaves of the state can’t see that. You prefer to be like the house slave who feels superior to the field slaves and chides them for not appreciating how good “massa” is to them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.8  author  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.7    5 years ago
Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form.
You object to education for all children and oppose abolition of children working in factories.  How 18th century of you.

I quoted you. So I take it for granted when one sentence later I mention education that we are talking about what I quoted. How would most kids get educated if it were not "free"  (paid through taxes) for most people. Do you think everyone has the luxury to home school their kids? 

The reason we outlawed child labor is because greedy factory owners and mine owners would work 9 and 10 year olds until they fell over. Most people want something better than that for their children. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.1.9  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    5 years ago

Private education and home schooling. Statist believe that only the state through forced collectivism can accomplish anything good.

again on child labor, it’s not the role of government to determine what is in their best self interest. I believe in the sovereignty of free individuals and families to make those decisions, not a totalitarian state

katrix
Sophomore Participates
8.1.10  katrix  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.9    5 years ago
I believe in the sovereignty of free individuals and families to make those decisions, not a totalitarian state

Luckily for abused children - and the ability of non home-schooled kids to find decent jobs -  your views aren't how our government works.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.1.11  livefreeordie  replied to  katrix @8.1.10    5 years ago

Another lover of enslavement to the state

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.1.12  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    5 years ago

A little truth from 1850 against the forced statist collectivism of socialist control that youand others love

Frederic Bastiat in his famous Treatise, The Law in 1850

“Socialism, like the ancient ideas from which it springs, confuses the distinction between government and society. As a result of this, every time we object to a thing being done by government, the socialists conclude that we object to its being done at all. We disapprove of state education. Then the socialists say that we are opposed to any education. We object to a state religion. Then the socialists say that we want no religion at all. We object to a state-enforced equality. Then they say that we are against equality. And so on, and so on. It is as if the socialists were to accuse us of not wanting persons to eat because we do not want the state to raise grain"

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.11    5 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.5    5 years ago

I don't believe you.  How do you like them apples?

epistte
Junior Guide
8.1.15  epistte  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.9    5 years ago
Private education and home schooling. Statist believe that only the state through forced collectivism can accomplish anything good.

Private education is fine for those who can afford it but most people cannot. Most private education comes with religious opinions attached. Homeschooling is a failure except for a few cases where the parents are well-educated themselves. We have public education because it is the most pragmatic way to properly educate a population.  This is why post k-12 education should also be subsidized because K-12 isn't enough education in the 21st century if the US is to remain a first world nation and an economic power.

again on child labor, it’s not the role of government to determine what is in their best self interest. I believe in the sovereignty of free individuals and families to make those decisions, not a totalitarian state

A child doesn't have the power or knowledge to determine what is in their best interst.  They are to be in school learning instead of being abused as underpaid labor in a factory. A rational society cannot allow a business to abuse children for their goal of profit. 

Nobody is enslaved to the state, despite your libertarian hyperbole. We are rational and pragmatic people who understand that we are part of a much, larger interconnected and interdependent society and it is in our best interest to cooperate. The government exists to further that goal of supporting the society for the well being of the people.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
8.1.16  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.8    5 years ago
How would most kids get educated if it were not "free"  (paid through taxes) for most people. Do you think everyone has the luxury to home school their kids? 

The "luxury", certainly.  It's simply a financial decision people make.

The "capability", certainly not.  Parents are the least qualified people to educate children.  Every education statute since the Massachusetts Bay Colony General School Law of 1647 has been a steady march toward saving children from the stupidity of their parents.

Junior Participates
8.1.17  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Tessylo @8.1    5 years ago

Give him a break, Tess.  He's only ever learned one note, it's  flat and he's got a tin ear.  Have some compassion.  

Junior Participates
8.1.18  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.4    5 years ago

And Goebbels rejoices. 

Junior Participates
8.1.19  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.4    5 years ago

I didn't know you had a flair for self-mockery, LFOD.  Maybe there's hope for you yet. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

I disagree. He is just revealing how stupid the human race is.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
10.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Thrawn 31 @10    5 years ago
I disagree. He is just revealing how stupid the human race is.

Exactly.  He is the symptom, not the cause.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
11  It Is ME    5 years ago

"Trump Is Making Our Entire Culture Stupid"

Nah .….. smart phones armed with "YOUTWITFACE" accomplished that all by themselves.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12  Jeremy Retired in NC    5 years ago

It is kind of funny that the people that are making this claim are the same people that in 2016 told us everybody needs to accept the outcome of the election.  Then didn't when it didn't go their way..

This same group of people told us that we should accept the results of the Meuller investigation, then didn't when it didn't go their way.

Many of the above mentioned people are career politicians who claim every problem is because of Trump despite the problems existing long before Trump coming into the political arena.