╌>

Trump Suggests a Boycott of AT&T to Punish CNN

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  11 comments

Trump Suggests a Boycott of AT&T to Punish CNN
“Un-be-lievable” to see Mr. Trump “advocating boycotting an American company because the press isn’t covering him favorably.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Despite President Trump’s call on Twitter for a boycott, shares of AT&T, which acquired CNN last year,

rose 1.7 percent on Monday. Credit Credit Brandon Thibodeaux for The New York Times

President Trump on Monday floated the notion of a consumer boycott of AT&T, the telecommunications firm turned media colossus, an apparent attempt to punish the company for the news coverage produced by one of its subsidiaries, CNN.

“I believe that if people stoped using or subscribing to @ATT, they would be forced to make big changes at @CNN, which is dying in the ratings anyway,” the president wrote on Twitter, shortly after touching down in Britain for a state visit. “It is so unfair with such bad, Fake News! Why wouldn’t they act. When the World watches @CNN, it gets a false picture of USA. Sad!”

Mr. Trump, who had apparently been watching CNN during his trans-Atlantic flight, complained about the channel’s coverage in an earlier tweet: “All negative & so much Fake News, very bad for U.S.” He added: “Why doesn’t owner @ATT do something?”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Mr. Trump, who had apparently been watching CNN during his trans-Atlantic flight, complained about the channel’s coverage in an earlier tweet: “All negative & so much Fake News, very bad for U.S.” He added: “Why doesn’t owner @ATT do something?”

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

The president’s call for a boycott did not appear to worry AT&T’s investors. Its stock price closed on Monday at $31.09 a share, up 1.7 percent.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 years ago

Real classless....

New headline on CNN: 

Thin skinned snowflake spotted whining in the UK. Film at 11.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @3    5 years ago

A President of the U.S. calling for a boycott of a business-- just because he doesn't like the news coverage it gives him. 

That's just plain bizarre!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Why bother?  CNN is going down the drain anyway.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    5 years ago
Why bother?  CNN is going down the drain anyway.

What do you think of a president calling for a boycott of a company for that sort of reason though?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4.1    5 years ago

Childish revenge.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.1    5 years ago

That's all the turd 'president' has.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  arkpdx  replied to  Krishna @4.1    5 years ago

I think about it as much as I think about the liberal calls for boycotting countries,  businesseses, radio and tv stations, and people just because those entities s disagree or otherwise oppose liberal views and causes

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5  luther28    5 years ago

Un-be-lievable” to see Mr. Trump “advocating boycotting an American company because the press isn’t covering him favorably.”

Well if Mr. Trump would like some favorable coverage, he may attempt an innovative approach. Try doing something favorable, just a suggestion.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

"Ms. Mayer reports that Mr. Trump called Mr. Cohn into the Oval Office along with John F. Kelly, who had just become the chief of staff, and said to Mr. Kelly, “I’ve been telling Cohn to get this lawsuit filed and nothing’s happened! I’ve mentioned it fifty times. And nothing’s happened. I want to make sure it’s filed. I want that deal blocked!” Ms. Mayer  reports  that Mr. Cohn “evidently understood” it would be highly improper, and as he walked out of the meeting told Mr. Kelly not to do as the president asked, saying, “We are not going to do business that way.”

It's been far more than a call for a boycott. If the staff around him hadn't known how totally illegal and inappropriate it was to use the powers of the government to block private company mergers and acquisitions I have no doubt Trump would have blocked the deal and used the government for his own personal vendettas.