╌>

For 75th anniversary of D-Day, North Carolina students made veterans' trip to France possible

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  5 years ago  •  8 comments

For 75th anniversary of D-Day, North Carolina students made veterans' trip to France possible
“It’s important for us to show that we still care. And that we still remember everyone’s sacrifice," a high school sophomore said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

What will happen when the old ones leave us? Who will remind us of the evil that man can do?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    5 years ago

It is for this reason we will continue to repeat the bad parts of human history. 

The only saving grace is that the speed of communication allows for the common man to keep current with things going on around the world, with enough time to possibly do something about them.  The difficult part as it has always been will be to find the truths through all the propaganda. 

Enoch
Masters Quiet
1.1.1  Enoch  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    5 years ago

Dear Friend and Fellow Comrade in Arms FlyNavy1: Finding the truth amidst spin is indeed a copious task.

It's worth it.

The truth shall set us free.

P&AB.

Enoch.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
1.2  Enoch  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    5 years ago

Dear Friend Perrie: As a Chaplain I never worry about identifying the evil of which we are capable.

The people who come to me from all walks of life are trying to survive and best efforts basis cope with it.

Both as a Rabbi and a Chaplain I also see daily the good of which we are all capable.

We should both remember what happened in WW II, and also remember the good and evil which predated us.

By doing our best to avoid past horrors, and keep going past good we can give our children, grand children and all in the human family a better world than we inherited. 

Don't they deserve the best we can provide them?

P&AB.

Enoch.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    5 years ago
Who will remind us of the evil that man can do?

Liberals will always be with us, and as we have seen, they can commit terrible acts of evil.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    5 years ago
Who will remind us of the evil that man can do?

Donald Trump's mirror? 

"Joking" aside, we don't need a reminder. There has always been obvious evil in the world. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     5 years ago

Kudos to the students....

zuksam
Junior Silent
3  zuksam    5 years ago

I have a friend Nel who piloted a landing craft on D-day. I asked him if he would like to go back there and he said "Why would anyone want to go back to that horrible fucking place".