╌>

School board votes to fire high school teacher who reported undocumented immigrant students to President Trump

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  17 comments

School board votes to fire high school teacher who reported undocumented immigrant students to President Trump

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.

d2fd79b0-4be2-11e9-be67-1e8eee87af05   Elise Solé, Yahoo Lifestyle   21 hours ago

Texas teacher fired after posting illegal immigration rant to Twitter

06/05/2019 UPDATE: The Fort Worth Independent School District in Texas has voted 8-0 to fire teacher Georgia Clark for reporting undocumented students to President Trump via Twitter.

The district tweeted  the results of the unanimous vote on Tuesday.

The former Carter-Riverside employee can reportedly  try to appeal the decision with the state.

——————————————————————————————————

Georgia Clark, a Texas high school teacher, reported her undocumented students to  President Donald Trump , telling him to, “Drain the swamp.”

Viral Twitter screenshots from a person named Clark using the deleted handle @Rebecca1939 pleaded with the president to deal with the population of undocumented students at  Carter-Riverside High School  in Fort Worth.

According to the  Fort Worth Star-Telegram , which reportedly validated the tweets, an English and language arts teacher named Georgia Clark works at the school.

Last week, one tweet said, “Mr. President, I asked for assistance in reporting illegal immigrants in the FWISD public school system and what I received was an alarming tweet from someone identifying himself as one of your assistants followed by a second tweet from the same person.”

“Mr. President, Forth Worth Independent School District is loaded with illegal immigrants from Mexico,” states Clark’s May 17th tweet. “Carter-Riverside High School has been taken over by them. Drug dealers are on our campus and nothing was done to them when the drug dogs found the evidence.”

5ceefe732100005400e67bc8.jpeg
A teacher in Fort Worth Texas was linked to a Twitter account calling for President Trump to deal with undocumented students. (Screenshot: Twitter/Rebecca1939)

Another one from Clark: “I do not know what to do. Anything you can do to remove the illegals from Fort Worth would be greatly appreciated.”

Clark allegedly tweeted in March, “My prayers were answered. Drain that swamp and the sooner the better.”

Clint Bond, a communications executive at the district, tells Yahoo Lifestyle, “We have placed the teacher on administrative leave (with pay) and the district continues to review its options in this matter.” Bond did not confirm whether Clark herself had written the tweets.

The teacher included two phone numbers in her tweet to the president, none of which were working when Yahoo Lifestyle called for comment. A third listed number for Clark had been changed.

A former teacher in the district, who did not want to be identified tells Yahoo Lifestyle, “I’m shocked. I worked at a high school in Fort Worth with a very high percentage of undocumented students. These kids worked very hard to create a better life here for themselves, many of mine obtaining scholarships at university for engineering, business, and medical degrees. I am disheartened to hear an educator would use their position as a political platform to promote hate and discrimination especially in a manor we as educators are trying to curb, social media. It can be such a divisive and harmful means of spreading hateful discrimination. It makes me extremely uncomfortable. I love my students, not because of who they are or where they were born, but because of who they have become.”

A spokesperson for the  Fort Worth Independent School District   shared a voicemail and an email message from superintendent Kent P. Scribner, with Yahoo Lifestyle. “In the past 24 hours, there has been much talk in the news and on the Internet about the use of social media by our staff,” said Scribner. “Our mission is to prepare ALL students for success in college, career and community leadership. Let me reiterate our commitment that every child in the District is welcome and is to be treated with dignity and respect. As we conclude the school year this Friday, please know we take this promise very seriously and your child’s safety and well-being are always our number-one priority. Thank you.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Nasty racist bitch.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

So...it's OK if illegals bring drugs and perhaps weapons to school?  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    5 years ago

I don't see anything about weapons there - and how do we know that this racist bitch didn't make up the part about the drugs?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    5 years ago
So...it's OK if illegals bring drugs and perhaps weapons to school?

You really should read the article before commenting on it, it would lessen the silliness of your unrelated comments.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    5 years ago

How do you know she did not? Works both ways.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

Why do you think she is racist?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    5 years ago

Another Darwin award winner that needs to learn that anything posted on social media can be used against you. What the hell did she think would happen by posting to twitter?

If there are that many illegals in her district she needs to report them to ICE, along with any proof. That is it. Let ICE do their job; even if it might take them years to get around to it with their manpower being diverted.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    5 years ago

Speaking, as she was, about a matter of public concern, a court may well find that her termination was unconstitutional.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.1  Freefaller  replied to  Tacos! @3    5 years ago

Possibly if she has a strong union they may fight for her as well

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.1  epistte  replied to  Freefaller @3.1    5 years ago
Possibly if she has a strong union they may fight for her as well

This is just another first bigoted episode by her.  She previously asked a student for his papers as proof that he was a citizen in school. 

Clark, an English teacher at Carter-Riverside High School, has worked with the district since 1998, the review said, and has a history of violations – including insulting her students’ ethnicity. Even before the tweets came to light, the district was already investigating separate allegations of derogatory remarks from Clark in the classroom.

Last month, when one student asked to go to the bathroom, Clark told the student to “show me your papers that are saying you are legal,” a student told investigators, which was corroborated by another student. She denied to investigators that she made the comment, which the report claims occurred on May 17 – the same day Clark tweeted at Trump multiple times about what she perceived as illegal immigration in Fort Worth and in the school district.

In 2007, Clark kicked a student, the review said, though an investigation determined it was “without malice.” In 2013, she was disciplined for referring to a group of students as “little Mexico” and called another student “white bread.” Those allegations proved to be true, according to the review.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  Freefaller  replied to  epistte @3.1.1    5 years ago
She previously asked a student for his papers as proof that he was a citizen in school.

Lol seems an odd thing to do

epistte
Junior Guide
3.1.3  epistte  replied to  Freefaller @3.1.2    5 years ago
Lol seems an odd thing to do

This woman is a racist nut. It would have been a PR disaster for the union to defend her racism.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Freefaller  replied to  epistte @3.1.3    5 years ago

I dunno, while in general I support unions I have seen them fight some ridiculous battles

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5  Texan1211    5 years ago

Seems a tad harsh for simply asking that our laws be enforced!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @5    5 years ago

It is a constitutional right that every citizen is entitled to report what they see as a problem to their elected officials, whether it be municipal, state, or federal up to and including the President of The United States. The teacher in question reported a problem of illegal aliens in a public school system and stated she saw little or no action or resolution by her local elected officials. Now the liberal left is blasting her and calling her a racist while condoning the presence of said illegals. Pathetic and a sad state of affairs. Before somebody thinks I may sound a bit racist, I say this as somebody who is of Hispanic heritage myself whose maternal grandparents emigrated from Mexico legally to this country in 1923.

PJ
Masters Quiet
6  PJ    5 years ago

I doubt this woman was fired because of her tweets.  I imagine she was fired because she's frocking STUPID and shouldn't be teaching.  Even trump's supposedly "educated" supporters are dumb as frocking rocks.  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
6.1  Ender  replied to  PJ @6    5 years ago

And nasty. She should have been let go a while ago, with the nasty things she had been saying in her classroom alone.