╌>

Stock Market: Landry's CEO Tilman Fertitta on Beyond Meat,

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  7 comments

Stock Market: Landry's CEO Tilman Fertitta on Beyond Meat,
I can tell you this the world is moving this way and if you do not change you're going to get run over.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

I think its going to be part of our menu in the future to come.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

I think I know what the fads are and what they are not . . . but I wouldn't be surprised if now that they've perfected the Hamburger Patty that you're going to be sitting there with a fake T-Bone or sumthin' you can see it coming.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Shares rose as much as 36% Friday to $135.80 each, a record high. The stock has gained more than 400% from its May 1 initial public offering price of $25.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4  pat wilson    5 years ago

I was going to try the Beyond Burger. Googled the nutrition analysis before getting one. OMG its over 700 calories with tons of fat and salt. One burger has 1,550 mg of sodium ! No thanks !

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  pat wilson @4    5 years ago

Smart move to google it first!

Actually I did the same thing-- as soon as I saw the YUGE Sodium content I said fergeddaboudit!

I generally try to eat healthy, so I wasn't interested in it for the possibility of personally consuming them-- but rather as an investment (buying the stock).

I think their business will be very successful. (Wouldn't buy the stock now however as its run up too much).

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4.1    5 years ago

P.S: "Usually reliable sources" report it really does taste quite good. 

I' actually heard about it some time ago-- they've spent years trying to perfect the taste.

(I know of at least one competitor-- its called "The Impossible Burger").