╌>

Trump's signature at top of D-Day proclamation raises eyebrows

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  18 comments

Trump's signature at top of D-Day proclamation raises eyebrows

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Several world leaders commemorated the 75th anniversary of D-Day Thursday by signing a symbolic proclamation, but President Trump's signature looked slightly different than those of other officials.

While every other political leader, including French President Emanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, signed their names at the bottom of the document, Trump chose to ink his signature in the top corner.

Some defended the president's signature placement, with one Twitter user responding to Abel, saying, "Not sure that's particularly worthy of criticism. There is no space left at the bottom.

A handwriting expert appearing on CNN said that "the size of the signature correlates with narcissism, with ego, with a grandiose sense of importance."

x

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

And he had been doing so well at  the D Day anniversary. lol.

Don't bother saying there was no room at the bottom.   You find room, you make room. 

Trumpsters wallow in their humiliation at the hands of this moron.  Many of the rest of us are the resistance.   Then there are the "moderates". Who knows what they are thinking. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2  MrFrost    5 years ago

Typical trump, gotta be out in front so people see him first. Narcissistic POS.

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    5 years ago

His signature always looks like an EKG readout.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

Wow. Ok, then. jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

A handwriting expert

AKA a charlatan

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1  epistte  replied to  Tacos! @4    5 years ago
AKA a charlatan

The field is properly termed graphology. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  epistte @4.1    5 years ago
The field is properly termed graphology.

Yes, well, there are many words for "bullshit."

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1.2  epistte  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.1    5 years ago
Yes, well, there are many words for "bullshit."

Because you are so well qualified to make that determination, or is it because you don't agree?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.1    5 years ago

Imagine that! CNN got some nut to "verify" something.

Must be a VERY SLOW NEWS DAY.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  epistte @4.1.2    5 years ago
Because you are so well qualified to make that determination

I am, yes.

or is it because you don't agree?

Don't agree with what?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5  Texan1211    5 years ago

So THIS is what were are supposed to be upset about?

THIS????

Where Trump signed something?

Really?

You have GOT to be freaking kidding me!

How long before a seed is about how Trump hangs his toilet paper? Or ties his shoes? Or his tie?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @5    5 years ago

All the other world leaders signed the document where documents and proclamations are always signed, at the bottom. Trump is "special" though, and needed to stand out from the crowd, so he signed at the top, as if the whole thing was his idea and needed his special touch. 

It must be soul crushing to feel as though you have a duty to defend this idiot every day. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    5 years ago
so he signed at the top, as if the whole thing was his idea

Oh, is that what it means? How in the world would you know it means that? Did the handwriting expert tell you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    5 years ago
All the other world leaders signed the document where documents and proclamations are always signed, at the bottom. Trump is "special" though, and needed to stand out from the crowd, so he signed at the top, as if the whole thing was his idea and needed his special touch.
It must be soul crushing to feel as though you have a duty to defend this idiot every day.

It must be sad to live life with nothing better to do day after day after day than bashing your President.

I find it hard to believe THIS crap is "news", or that anyone really gives a flying fuck where some paper hardly anyone will see is signed.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.2  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @5    5 years ago
So THIS is what were are supposed to be upset about?

Life must be pretty good, huh! This is the shit you get angsty about when everything else is working.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @5.2    5 years ago
Life must be pretty good, huh! This is the shit you get angsty about when everything else is working.

Nothing but unadulterated CRAP.

Do some have nothing better to do than worry over some insignificant signature?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    5 years ago
"the size of the signature correlates with narcissism, with ego, with a grandiose sense of importance."

Really? Because the most famous example of that kind of thing that I can think of is John Hancock signing the Declaration of Independence, and as far we know, those character traits had nothing to do with it. So when it Trump does, it could be anything.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
6.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago

LOL true I remember watching the movie 1776, and when Hancock was asked if he thought his signature was large enough , he replied in the movie , he wanted king George to be able to read it all the way over on his throne without his glasses.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2  Tacos!  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago
So when it Trump does

Wow, I really butchered that syntax. That is supposed to read "So when Trump does it." Maybe I was channeling my inner Yoda.