╌>

Captured ISIS fighter reveals terror plot using porous southern border, planned to attack America from within

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  5 years ago  •  36 comments

Captured ISIS fighter reveals terror plot using porous southern border, planned to attack America from within
As the Democratic Party continues to resist President Trump’s every effort to better secure the border, a captured ISIS fighter confessed that the terrorist group looked to exploit the weakness to smuggle English speaking terrorist members into the US to target New York financial institutions, Fox News reported, citing Homeland Security Today.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The porous southern border with Mexico is such a vulnerability to the United States that enemies like the Islamic State see it as a tactical advantage.

As the Democratic Party continues to resist President Trump’s every effort to better secure the border, a captured ISIS fighter confessed that the terrorist group looked to exploit the weakness to smuggle English speaking terrorist members into the US to target New York financial institutions, Fox News reported, citing  Homeland Security Today .

Abu Henricki, a seized ISIS fighter with dual citizenship in Canadian and Trinidad, said last month that he was recruited by leadership to attack the United States from a route starting in Central America.

“The plan came from someone from the New Jersey state of America,” Henricki said. “I was going to take the boat from Puerto Rico into Mexico. He was going to smuggle me in.”

“They wanted to use these people (to attack inside the U.S.) because they were from these areas,”  he said, referencing the New York area.

In January, a White House briefing said “3,775 known or suspected terrorists [were] prevented from traveling or entering the U.S. by DHS” in the fiscal year 2017 — the stops occurred mainly at airports, but it’s not clear how many may have attempted to enter through the southern border.

Not lost here is that thousands upon thousands of illegal immigrants entering the U.S. undetected.

And, as Border Patrol reported last week, Central American citizens are not the only ones trying to enter the country illegally.

Henricki said other Trinidadians were approached to “do the same thing,” although many of them have since been killed.

He also said he was imprisoned in Manbij, Syria, after refusing the mission and was brutally tortured. Henricki said his wife, a Canadian citizen, was also taken prisoner and endured psychological torture.

Anne Speckhard, who co-conducted the study Homeland Security Today reported on, spoke with Fox News.

An adjunct associate professor of psychiatry at Georgetown University and director of the International Center for the Study of Violent Extremism, Speckhard posited that it is “plausible” that ISIS would send people to attack, given that the terrorist group “has organized plots in Europe with returnees.”

But she was skeptical that the planned attack is still alive.

“This plot is likely dead as those who were pressured to join it are according to Abu Henricki now all dead and ISIS is in retreat as we know,” Speckhard said. “That does not mean we shouldn’t disregard that it was a plot.”

She added that the U.S. “should take thoughtful steps to prevent” such plots.

Like securing the border?

“We often hear about terrorists trying to enter the southern border in political debate, but I rarely have come across a real case, Speckhard said. “It surprised me to hear this was a real plot by ISIS to exploit our southern border.  That’s concerning of course.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

epistte
Junior Guide
1  epistte    5 years ago

Why would he try the Mexican border when the Canadian border is wide open?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @1    5 years ago

maybe because it’s easier to fit in with a large group of people crossing the southern border than to try to go across the other border alone or in a small group. I just wonder if knowing a terrorist attack was coming from the southern border to kill Americans in America the democrats would drop their opposition to the wall or if dead Americans in a big target is really worth it to Keep Trump from getting the wall to be reality?

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.1  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    5 years ago
maybe because it’s easier to fit in with a large group of people crossing the southern border than to try to go across the other border alone or in a small group. I just wonder if knowing a terrorist attack was coming from the southern border to kill Americans in America the democrats would drop their opposition to the wall or if dead Americans in a big target is really worth it to Keep Trump from getting the wall to be reality?

When is Mexico going to pay for it? You will never eliminate the possibility of terrorism.

The biggest terror threat in the US is conservative white men.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    5 years ago
it’s easier to fit in with a large group of people crossing the southern border

xenophobic comment. data shows otherwise.     

I just wonder if knowing a terrorist attack was coming from the southern border to kill Americans in America the democrats would drop their opposition to the wall or if dead Americans in a big target is really worth it to Keep Trump from getting the wall to be reality?

inevitable attacks by terrorists are the new reality. any domestic attacks now will be in retaliation for trump's international agenda of threats, extortion, and alienation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.1.2    5 years ago
xenophobic comment.

Don't you realize that you lose any shred of credibility you might have had with proclamations like that?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    5 years ago

Amen!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.4    5 years ago

Not to mention that they caught a would be terrorist person and stopped a plot coming from the north just before Y2K.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  epistte @1.1.1    5 years ago

"The biggest terror threat in the US is conservative white men."

Sorry, but that is one humongous sweeping generalization if there was one. I am a conservative white man, well mixed heritage anyway, and I am no threat to anyone. Except those idiots foolish enough to trespass on my property with intent to rob or harm me or anyone in my family...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @1.1.2    5 years ago

Then we should build the wall to reduce the odds of it and redirect their efforts to enter America elsewhere. Stopping or reducing gangs, human children and sex trafficking, and drugs as well across our border is a worthy goal.  

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.8  Don Overton  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1    5 years ago

[Trolling]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Don Overton @1.1.8    5 years ago

Is everything you personally disagree with not credible in any way to you?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1.10  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.6    5 years ago

[deleted

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.11  devangelical  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.1.10    5 years ago

removed for context

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @1.1.2    5 years ago
inevitable attacks by terrorists are the new reality. any domestic attacks now will be in retaliation for trump's international agenda of threats, extortion, and alienation.

Making excuses for terrorists- a new low, even for the left.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.9    5 years ago

Actually no...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.14  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.12    5 years ago

Indeed it is.  Sadly they are fully capable and prepared to jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2  Tacos!  replied to  epistte @1    5 years ago
Why would he try the Mexican border

Maybe because it's pretty well known at this point how overwhelmed the Border Patrol is in that area. They're too busy housing and feeding people to monitor the people passing through checkpoints.

Border Patrol Takes a Rare Step in Shutting Down Inland Checkpoints

Now, they're just cutting people loose.

Border Patrol Facilities in Texas Are Overflowing, Prompting Mass Releases in Border Cities

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  epistte @1    5 years ago
Why would he try the Mexican border when the Canadian border is wide open?

Obviously we could debate about which border is really wide open. The fact is that the plan was to use the multitude coming over the southern border to mix in. It really dosen't matter does it?  Some seem to want crisis and mayhem as long as Trump is President. Obstruction and gridlock are the order of the day.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

““That does not mean we shouldn’t disregard that it was a plot.”

She added that the U.S. “should take thoughtful steps to prevent” such plots.

Like securing the border?

“We often hear about terrorists trying to enter the southern border in political debate, but I rarely have come across a real case, Speckhard said. “It surprised me to hear this was a real plot by ISIS to exploit our southern border.  That’s concerning of course.””

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    5 years ago

How surprising is this really?

We have a porous border, and some like it that way.

For some God-forsaken reason or other.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    5 years ago

It’s time to question the patriotism of those opposed to the wall and ask them how many Americans have to die at the hands of illegals from all causes including terrorism before they will support building the wall?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.1    5 years ago

I find it hard to give much credibility to anyone not concerned with the number of illegal aliens we have allowed to come and stay here. Or to anyone supporting any sanctuary for illegal aliens.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    5 years ago

I agree.  I’m glad the judge denied the House of Representatives standing to sue the administration over the use of the law they passed in 1976.  I’m also glad that private citizens are constructing wall on private land and in one case linking with existing wall and going to a super steep canyon at the other end with existing wall on the other side of it.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    5 years ago
“It surprised me to hear this was a real plot

That right there says it all. Basically everyone knows that is a really dumb way to try to enter the country if you are a wannabe terrorist. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Thrawn 31 @2.2    5 years ago
That right there says it all. Basically everyone knows that is a really dumb way to try to enter the country if you are a wannabe terrorist. 

Less dumb that getting caught at a monitored/screened point of entry like a US airport.  Oh, and getting into Canada to cross our northern border is no easier, as they monitor their ports of entry as well. If a terrorist organization wants to send an organized group through then entry through South or Central America with a quick trip through Mexico to our southern border is currently they easiest way.

Before you say that sending trained terrorists in one at a time by using fake ID's and having them country hop all over the place to mask their point of origin: We now monitor almost all, if not all terrorist training camps across the world.  While one or two trained terrorists might sneak through; the chances of getting an organized cell diminishes with each individual attempt. Every time people say that no terrorists would ever bother to cross our southern border, it reinforces the belief that our southern border is secure- which is far from the truth. Right now ports of entry on the southern border are not being monitored as personnel are needed to handle in massive amount of asylum seekers crossing. Coyotes and the drug cartel are using the asylum seekers to sneak groups across; so exactly how many are crossing undetected?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.1    5 years ago

hopefully now with the deal with Mexico the crisis on our southern border will begin to be reduced. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

Interesting thing is that Bin Laden thought he was going to do the same thing by attacking the World Trade Centers on 9/11. He thought he could seriously disrupt our financial infrastructure by destroying the WTC. He was not aware that the majority of what he sought to destroy had been moved to other offsite locations in other parts of the state on secure servers. Can't help but wonder if ISIS is making the same miscalculation?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4  Thrawn 31    5 years ago
a captured ISIS fighter confessed that the terrorist group looked to exploit the weakness to smuggle English speaking terrorist members into the US to target New York financial institutions, Fox News reported, citing Homeland Security Today.

But didn't because it is way easier to just fly to New York. Trying to enter the country illegally through the southern border and then going all the way to New York to carry out an act of terrorism is fucking stupid.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    5 years ago

Whoever said terrorists are intelligent?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ronin2  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4    5 years ago
But didn't because it is way easier to just fly to New York.

Assuming you can make it past a monitored port of entry like an airport; which has a massive data base terrorist watch list- and countries of origin that are restricted travel from.  So fake ID, fake passport, country hopping all over the place to mask point of origin, and then hoping that the terrorist camp they were trained at wasn't monitored by US, NATO, or anyone else that is sharing terrorist information.

Sounds easy. Of course they would have to come over 1 at a time as to not arouse suspicion; and each individual attempt would have a chance of being detected. Once they catch one, they will lock down on future attempts.

Think that they are checking for terrorists on our southern border right now? Terrorist will need to learn Spanish, and have fake or even no IDs. That is assuming they are stupid enough to get caught; and not use the massive influx of asylum seekers to divert border patrol agents away from where they will cross- like the Cartel and coyotes are now doing.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2    5 years ago

More than likely they will use the cartel or coyotes to assist them in getting into America undetected.  

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
5  nightwalker    5 years ago

[deleted]

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
6  nightwalker    5 years ago

[deleted]

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
7  nightwalker    5 years ago

Oh yes, yes, it's ALL true, the EVIL unidentified and unknown ISIS speaker was on the money ALL the way. Count your life in the few hours before the hoards of ISIS invade and kill you all in your beds!!!!

(I hope that comment was gentle and polite and agreeable enough that it doesn't get deleted.)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  nightwalker @7    5 years ago

I guess the 3rd try was the charm.  Are you not concerned about the info revealed in the ISIS plot? Would you still oppose building the wall knowing that ISIS did and is planning to get operatives into America that way?  

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
7.1.1  nightwalker  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1    5 years ago

Talk about taking the LONG way around. If a person has no visible ISIS connections, they can just fly in on a commercial airline and I'm sure they could pick up any weapons they wanted. I'm also sure they could get fake ID easier then a high school kid who wants to drink.

Why all the way from Central America? His wife is Canadian, wouldn't it be easier to come down from Canada?

Sounds a lot like a scary ghost story that pops up so trump can market his wall. Like the Jones famous "two large ISIS training camps in the Mexican desert" that nobody was ever able to find.