╌>

ABC News Interview Airing Sunday Night Makes Trump look bad

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  41 comments

ABC News Interview Airing Sunday Night Makes Trump look bad
George S. persists about Trump not talking to Mueller and Trump says he answered "every question" they gave him in writing. George S. then says "but not about obstruction of justice", then Trump babbles something else and then George says "but not about obstruction of justice" .

Not new, and not news to those who have observed the past 3 or 4 years,  but still one gets the feeling that George Stephanopolous' ABC News interview with President Trump, which will air in it's entirety as a prime time special this Sunday night, is going to show Trump in a particularly bad light. 

George S. spent time with Trump in Iowa and at the White House for the interview which will fill an entire hour. 

ABC has released bits and pieces of the interview to whet the appetite, the clip showing on Good Morning America this morning had to do with George S. asking Trump about Don McGahn, the white house counsel whose testimony to Robert Mueller implicated Trump in obstruction of justice.  In the interview Trump essentially accuses McGahn of lying when McGahn told Mueller that Trump had ordered the firing of the special counsel.  Trump tells ABC that McGahn lied in order to make himself look like a good lawyer. The comment makes no sense, but what else is new?  Trump can't tell the truth and he probably thinks since he can't tell the truth what difference does it make what he says? 

George S. goes on to ask Trump why, if he is innocent,  he didn't testify or answer questions before the special counsel. Trump babbles something about how many documents he gave Mueller and that he let people like McGahn talk to the special counsel. George S. persists about Trump not talking to Mueller and Trump says he answered "every question" they gave him in writing. George S. then says "but not about obstruction of justice", then Trump babbles something else and then George says "but not about obstruction of justice" .

Trump then stares down Stephanopolous and says "You are a little wise guy, as you usually are".

I'll be watching Sunday night. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The best way to ruin Trump would be to stick a microphone in front of his face for a long period of time and let him ramble. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
Trump would be to stick a microphone in front of his face for a long period of time and let him ramble.

are ya sure you have thought this thru?

that is how he got elected in the first place.

cheers :)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

It looks like the photo for this piece was somehow altered.  I don't think Stephanapolous is that short, nor Rumplethinskin that tall.  

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
Professor Guide
1.3.1  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    5 years ago

Stephanapolous is a little shorter than I am, approximately 5'5". No one knows how tall Trump is. He lies about everything. His weight, his tan, his hair, his academic standing at Wharton Business School, his wealth, everything coming out of his mouth is a lie.

His biographer, ghostwriter, and personal friends tell the same story.

I, too, do not want to see this "sorry mess" IMPEACHED. I want to see him in PRISON!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.3.2  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    5 years ago
I don't think Stephanapolous is that short, nor Rumplethinskin that tall. 

They made George walk in a trench next to the carpet.

Professor Guide
1.4  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

There are a lot of things I would like to stick into the front of Trump's face, but, a microphone is not one.

If someone does not know by now, that this POS in the WH is nuts, a pathological liar and a congenital thief, nothing strange that he says will sway them.

Never in the history of this country have we elevated a known criminal to the highest office in the land because his opponent was qualified to do the job and he wasn't.

Millions of people rationalize their choice by wrongful defining him as a successful "businessman", which he isn't.

He is a "Successful International Criminal" that has cheated his clients out of billions of dollars, and, taken money from foreign governments and mobsters to prop up his constantly failing business, The Trump Organization.

We need to indict, impeach, and censure this walking, talking disease. In my humble opinion.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.6  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
The best way to ruin Trump would be to stick a microphone in front of his face for a long period of time and let him ramble.

That's pretty much how he got elected.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2  Ronin2    5 years ago

I don't know why this is news? According to the left, and this poster, every time Trump opens his mouth he is "cast in a bad light"

George is lucky that Melania didn't step on him. Seriously.

Trump should learn by now that anyone from the liberal news networks isn't worth talking to. I guess Trump still figures all press is good press; even the press he already knows will go out of their way to make sure he looks bad.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @2    5 years ago

One can't help but note that you can't defend or explain Trump, you can only mock the interviewers physical stature. 

In the interview Trump says McGahn is a liar. Hopefully this sort of thing will motivate McGahn to come forward. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago

I am not a Trump fan, so unless I agree with him- it has happened 3 times- I don't bother to try. But the exploding clown car of Democratic morons running ever further left isn't leaving much choice. It is either try and find another 3rd party candidate; or do what I can't stand and vote for the lesser of two evils. 

As for McGahn, did Trump fire Mueller- yes or no? Please say yes, it would make my day. I need the laugh, seriously. Really, desperately need it. Threatening to fire Mueller isn't the same thing as doing it; and considering Mueller's Hillary and Obama sycophant legal team I can understand why Trump wanted to. I am really shocked he didn't.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.1    5 years ago

I dont know what threatening to fire Mueller is, but the allegation is that he told McGahn to fire him. Thats not a threat, it is an order.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.1    5 years ago
As for McGahn, did Trump fire Mueller- yes or no?

If Donald Trump owned a McDonalds and he came in and saw a black American working the register so he said "Hey manager! I don't want blacks handling my money! Fire that &^%*%!" so the manager said okay, then ushered trump out, but later told the employee "You're not fired, that would be illegal for the owner to fire you because of your race.".

Should we view Trump in that case as a righteous hero who didn't fire the black employee because of her race? Of course not, we all know the owner to be a vile racist piece of filth who attempted to break the law, but thankfully he employed people who refused to follow his illegal orders.

cms5
Freshman Quiet
2.1.4  cms5  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    5 years ago
I dont know what threatening to fire Mueller is, but the allegation is that he told McGahn to fire him. Thats not a threat, it is an order.

That is the allegation, however, the 'order' was not followed...for whatever reason. Now, if the 'order' was given and ignored...why wasn't McGahn fired for failing to follow an order?

Professor Guide
2.1.5  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.1    5 years ago

Ronin2, from your response, I gather that you are a Trump supporter with Regrets.

Throwing your vote away on a Third-Party candidate, in your case, maybe a wise choice.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.7  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.3    5 years ago

A spokeperson for McGahn said today that Trump's remarks to ABC News about McGahn are "a fantasy".

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2    5 years ago
'I guess Trump still figures all press is good press; even the press he already knows will go out of their way to make sure he looks bad.'

All the 'president' has to do to look bad is open his mouth.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    5 years ago

Thank you for proving my point.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.2.1    5 years ago

How did I prove your point?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Ronin2 @2    5 years ago
I guess Trump still figures all press is good press

he also knows only leftwing nuts watch leftwing news so no damage is being done.  people to the right of the lunatic left know what is going on. and more are figuring it out every day.... which is why the garden channel is destroying cnn

cheers :)

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    5 years ago

One can't help but note that you can't defend or explain Trump,

Can't see why you would want to watch a whole hour of this sniveling creepy little worm trying to trip up Trump.

I can see no reason to either defend or explain Trump. He is doing what he was elected to do, much to the dismay, shock, and horror of the democrats. And he has been cleared of anything that could get him impeached, which won't happen under any circumstance any. Chucky Todd is also of shrimpy stature, standing at 5' 2"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @3    5 years ago

Replies from Trumpsters are usually content free, and this one by you is no exception. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago

The content is sound and relevant, you're just not able to refute it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.1    5 years ago

Youre right, I cant refute that Chuck Todd is 5'2". You win !  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Trumpism is the most idiotic thing that has ever happened to this country.  May god have mercy on us.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    5 years ago

"Trump says he answered "every question" they gave him in writing."

Written word or the Spoken word …… Same thing ! 

I'd prefer "Written" myself. That way you can't be "Tricked" into anything. jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @4    5 years ago

Trump is easily tricked, is he?  Maybe that's why Putin likes him so much. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    5 years ago
Trump is easily tricked, is he?

Mirror ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.1    5 years ago

lol.  I havent seen anything yet , on this level, that can trick me. Speak for yourself.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    5 years ago
I havent seen anything yet , on this level, that can trick me.

LOL !

Seen and ACTUALLY SEEING....is two different things.

But ….. whatever floats the boat !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.3    5 years ago

When we have the next coc vote, can we get babbling outlawed?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    5 years ago

Why get yourself in trouble ?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.7  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    5 years ago

If it is, where will you go? 

JBB
Professor Principal
5  JBB    5 years ago

Donald Trump only makes himself look really bad...when he is breathing.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
6  livefreeordie    5 years ago

I don’t know why the president would give little Georgie the time of day, much less an interview

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @6    5 years ago
I don’t know why the president would give little Georgie the time of day, much less an interview

In case you havent noticed, Trump likes to see himself on tv.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  livefreeordie @6    5 years ago
I don’t know why the president would give little Georgie the time of day

I rather doubt the President can tell the time of day even in a room full of clocks. Trump's shoe size is higher than his IQ, why ask why he does anything?