Booker Attacks Biden Over Remarks About Segregationist Senators: ‘He’s Better Than This’

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  4 months ago  •  84 comments

Booker Attacks Biden Over Remarks About Segregationist Senators: ‘He’s Better Than This’

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Popcorn, please.

Via   The Hill:

Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) hit back on Wednesday against former Vice President Joe Biden’s defense of using his relationship with two segregationist senators as an example of civility, calling Biden’s remarks “deeply disappointing.”

“Vice President Biden shouldn’t need this lesson,” Booker told CNN’s Don Lemon.

“At a time when we have in the highest offices in the land, divisiveness, racial hatred, and bigotry being spewed, he should have the sensitivity to know that this is time I need to be an ally, I need to be a healer, I need to not engage in usage of words that harms folks,” he continued. “This is deeply disappointing.”

Biden dismissed calls from Booker and his fellow Democratic primary opponents to apologize for his Tuesday remarks about his work with former segregationist Sens. James Eastland (D-Miss.) and Herman Talmadge (D-Ga.).

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    4 months ago

Biden isn't better than this, he was a segregationist and he proposed a constitutional amendment to protect segregation.

Did anyone really think he was going to get a pass on his past?

WallyW
1.1  WallyW  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1    4 months ago

Wonder how soon he will drop out of race?

Vic Eldred
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1    4 months ago
Did anyone really think he was going to get a pass on his past?

I think the dems will give the gaff machine a pass, so long as they think he's the one who can beat Trump. It might only be a matter of time before Biden makes one gaff too many. (that's why we heard "he's better than that" lol)

JohnRussell
1.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    4 months ago

How many gaffes has Trump made? 

I know, your calculator broke, right? 

Ronin2
1.2.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    4 months ago

Biden is supposed to be "better than Trump", remember?

Seems the exploding clown car of Democratic candidates wants to add cannibalism to their platform, as they start to feast on their own.  

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1.2.3  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    4 months ago

Is this article about Trump? Err um no.

This is about the racist segregationist you are going to vote for. With the daily virtue signaling against the racist white patriarchy, how ever do you reconcile this?

Jasper2529
1.2.4  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    4 months ago
How many gaffes has Trump made? 

John, why are you fretting about Trump when the seed's topic is Biden and Booker?

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1.2.5  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.4    4 months ago

Welcome to the daily echo chamber of tears.

Jasper2529
1.2.6  Jasper2529  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1.2.5    4 months ago
Welcome to the daily echo chamber of tears.

SOSDD

Texan1211
1.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.4    4 months ago
John, why are you fretting about Trump when the seed's topic is Biden and Booker?

Because the article isn't about Trump, and some people HAVE to make EVERYTHING about Trump any way they can?

TDS IS REAL!

JohnRussell
1.2.8  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1.2.3    4 months ago

What virtues does President* Trump signal?

You need a new vocabulary. 

Texan1211
1.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.8    4 months ago

Do you seriously don't get it that Trump is NOT the topic?

Can you let go of the bone for even an instant?

Vic Eldred
1.2.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    4 months ago

JohnRussell
1.2.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.7    4 months ago

I responded to a comment that mentioned Trump IN THE COMMENT. 

If Biden is a "gaffe machine", WTF is Trump, an explosion in a gaffe machine factory? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
1.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.11    4 months ago

Try as you may, to deny it, you are the one who brought Trump up in the first place.

Trump is NOT the topic.

I know how much you like to make everything about Trump, but really, John, Trump isn't the topic for every article.

Tessylo
1.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.8    4 months ago

Or are we social justice warriors?

JohnRussell
1.2.14  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.12    4 months ago

Actually I wasnt the one who brought up Trump in the first place. 

I am tired of fruitlessly correcting you though. It happens so often I would have to demand pay.

Split Personality
1.2.15  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.12    4 months ago

Sorry, but Vic mentioned the POTUS first in 1.2.

JR responded at 1.2.1.

Now the POTUS has been mentioned by name 9 more times, by you, JR., Ronin2, Jasper and BF.

And I must note that JR is not the topic either.

Texan1211
1.2.16  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.15    4 months ago

it amuses me to see how many people think a topic is whatever someone happens to mention on a seed.

Weird shit there.

And now, since I mentioned shit, that, too is a topic!

Split Personality
1.2.17  Split Personality  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.16    4 months ago

Well maybe if everyone can agree that the current POTUS is not the topic,

and other members are not the topic,

maybe, just maybe,

an adult conversation could happen.

Jasper2529
1.2.18  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.7    4 months ago

The slick name change was brief. Back to SOSDD.

Nerm_L
1.2.19  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    4 months ago
How many gaffes has Trump made?  I know, your calculator broke, right? 

A "but Trump ..." argument won't dissuade the gaggle of wannabe Democratic candidates challenging Biden.  Remember the Democratic creed "a win is a win".  

If all the Democratic candidates are in it to win it, then they must first defeat the other Democratic candidates in the primaries.  The Democratic candidates are only using the standard Democratic playbook against each other.  The ends justify the means.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.2.20  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Nerm_L @1.2.19    4 months ago
If all the Democratic candidates are in it to win it, then they must first defeat the other Democratic candidates in the primaries.  The Democratic candidates are only using the standard Democratic playbook against each other.  The ends justify the means.

True enough and I am sick of this aspect of politics. It should be the best person wins, but what has happened is survival of the dimmist has set in. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1    4 months ago

That is a total lie. 

He was never a sensationalist. This whole thing is that he dealt with members of Congress who were. You know, being able to work with people you despise. A forgotten skill.

The fact that you are enjoying the Dems trying to eat their own on the way to try to get to the top is all that is here.

lib50
1.3.1  lib50  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3    4 months ago

That's all the whole thing is about, 'winning' over the 'leftists'.  That and ignoring every ignorant and asinine thing Trump says and does.  Never examining themselves.  Which dems do to the extreme in the other direction. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1.3.2  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3    4 months ago
sensationalist

Yeah, no one said he was.

Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Biden sponsored anti-busing legislation and even said he would support an anti-busing constitutional amendment. He supported an anti-busing amendment to a federal bill, proposed by the segregationist (aka racist) Sen. Jesse Helms of  North Carolina , in September of 1975. The former vice president also threw his weight behind an anti-busing amendment by West Virginia’s Sen. Robert Byrd, a Democrat and former recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan who claimed to have left his racist past behind him.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/02/joe-biden-segregation.html

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.3.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1.3.2    4 months ago
sensationalist

Nice. Mocking my auto correct. 

Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Biden sponsored anti-busing legislation and even said he would support an anti-busing constitutional amendment.

That was a very common position then. It meant you were removed from your school district that you paid for and moved to another one. Something a libertarian should understand.  

JohnRussell
1.3.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.3    4 months ago

Biden's explanation to the fundraising crowd was hamfooted. He will have to do better going forward. 

There is a way to say you will work with all sides without making it look like you were "friendly" with racists. 

Jasper2529
1.3.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3    4 months ago
That is a total lie. 

Please give a listen to NPR's interview with then-senator Biden in 1975 when he was amenable to a constitutional amendment to end school busing because it would be better for blacks to stay together as a matter of "black pride" . The NPR interview is in the link below.

But 44 years ago, facing a backlash against busing from white voters, the future vice president voiced concerns not just about the policy of busing, which he had supported when first seeking election in 1972, but about the impact of desegregation on American society. He argued that segregation was good for blacks and was what they wanted.

“I think the concept of busing … that we are going to integrate people so that they all have the same access and they learn to grow up with one another and all the rest, is a rejection of the whole movement of black pride,” said Biden. Desegregation, he argued, was “a rejection of the entire black awareness concept, where black is beautiful, black culture should be studied; and the cultural awareness of the importance of their own identity, their own individuality.”

Questioning whether he might be a racist, Biden said he had asked "the blacks on my staff" whether he harbored something "in me that’s deep-seated that I don’t know."

Biden's comments were made in an NPR interview discovered in congressional archives by the Washington Examiner . They underline the perils of Biden, 76, mounting a 2020 campaign after a career spanning 36 years in the Senate and eight years as vice president, during which he gained a reputation for being rambling and verbose.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/joe-biden-embraced-segregation-in-1975-claiming-it-was-a-matter-of-black-pride

JohnRussell
1.3.6  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.4    4 months ago
Ten years ago Mississippi Senator James Eastland called for state organized defiance of any federal efforts to ensure equal rights for Negroes. (The speech, titled "We've Reached Era of Judicial Tyranny,"was delivered at the first state-wide convention of the Association of Citizens' Councils of MiSSissippi, held in jackson on Dec. 1, 1955)._

"As I view the matter," Eastland said, "it is fundamental that each
Southern State must adopt a State policy or State program to retain
segregation, and that all the power and resources of the State be dedicated to that end."

https://www.crmvet.org/docs/msrv64.pdf

In this day and age people are going to find these sorts of things pretty easily. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1.3.7  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.3    4 months ago
Something a libertarian should understand.  

Now now, we are discussing Joe Biden not the seeder. There is no need make this personal.

I will be back in a few minutes as work calls and we will examine further evidence that will prove by today's standard Joe Biden has a history of bigotry.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.3.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.3.5    4 months ago

Jasper,

Busing was not a popular idea then. It did very little to help blacks, and that has been well established. So am I a racist, or should I show you the studies that were done?

Biden's only problem is that he is brutally honest. It's also why I respect the guy. 

Which is something that most politicians are not.

JohnRussell
1.3.9  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1.3.7    4 months ago

Dont get too excited. If you can prove Biden is biased racially it will win him some Republican (Trump) votes in the general election. jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
1.3.10  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1.3.7    4 months ago
I will be back in a few minutes as work calls and we will examine further evidence that will prove by today's standard Joe Biden has a history of bigotry.

anything from this century? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.3.11  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1.3.7    4 months ago

As personal as you mocking my auto correct. 

What libertarian would agree with bussing? Is that a better way to put it?

I was alive and going to school then. I know the fallout that bussing caused. The fact that Biden was honest is something I like about the guy.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1.3.12  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.9    4 months ago

I'm simply applying the standards you use daily on this site.

Tessylo
1.3.13  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.3    4 months ago

[deleted]

Tacos!
1.3.14  Tacos!  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.3.5    4 months ago
it would be better for blacks to stay together as a matter of "black pride"

There are plenty of black people who feel that way, too. On college campuses, we're calling them "safe spaces." There may or may not be some nuanced truth to the idea, but I find it interesting that we respond differently to the idea depending on who expresses it.

Sunshine
1.3.15  Sunshine  replied to  Tacos! @1.3.14    4 months ago
it would be better for blacks to stay together as a matter of "black pride"

Some would call that a "dog whistle" too.

Perhaps that is what Booker is referring to.

Especially when one wants to work with segregationist.

Tessylo
1.3.16  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.13    4 months ago

[Deleted]

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1.3.17  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.16    4 months ago

Here is a noval Idea, discuss the topic.

Can you defend Joe Biden? or is it easier to talk about me.

Jasper2529
1.3.18  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.3    4 months ago
That was a very common position then. It meant you were removed from your school district that you paid for and moved to another one.

It wasn't a "common position" throughout the USA to bus students from one "school district" to another "school district" Students were, however, bused from one school to another school within the same school district .

https://learning.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/20/april-20-1971-supreme-court-rules-that-busing-can-be-used-to-integrate-schools/

lib50
1.3.19  lib50  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1.3.12    4 months ago
I'm simply applying the standards you use daily on this site.

Its clear those who defend Trump daily have no idea what standards even are and should stick to what the do know, lies, racism and no standards for themselves. 

lib50
1.3.20  lib50  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.3.18    4 months ago

Some districts are larger than 20 towns put together, like Los Angeles,  which had kids bused HOURS away every day.  Did you live through that? 

Nerm_L
1.3.21  Nerm_L  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3    4 months ago
He was never a sensationalist.

Yeah, I know it is a typo but it's still worth a giggle.  jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.3.22  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.3.18    4 months ago

I'm so glad you used the NYT to explain this. A school district in NY is HUGE. So you could live in one part of the district, expecting to go to that local school and find yourself being bused way across town to another school. And it wasn't only going on in NYC schools. 

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/education/long-island-school-desegregation-in-the-1960s-1.12141437

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.3.23  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  lib50 @1.3.20    4 months ago

Exactly Lib. 

Raven Wing
1.3.24  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.8    4 months ago
Which is something that most politicians are not.

You are indeed correct. There is little integrity and/or honesty among politicians. Yet, they do nothing but try to show how dishonest and lacking in integrity their opponents are. To them it is all just a game of hypocrisy.

Jasper2529
2  Jasper2529    4 months ago
“Vice President Biden shouldn’t need this lesson,” Booker told CNN’s Don Lemon. “At a time when we have in the highest offices in the land, divisiveness, racial hatred, and bigotry being spewed, he should have the sensitivity to know that this is time I need to be an ally, I need to be a healer, I need to not engage in usage of words that harms folks,” he continued. “This is deeply disappointing.”

Says the drama queen "Spartacus" senator and flailing presidential hopeful who's a proud member of the racist Black Congressional Caucus. 

Remember this, Cory Booker and Joe Biden: "If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas".

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @2    4 months ago
Remember this, Cory Booker and Joe Biden: "If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas".

You mean he reached across the aisle to work with Republicans? 

Sunshine
2.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1    4 months ago
former segregationist Sens. James Eastland (D-Miss.) and Herman Talmadge (D-Ga.).

The Senators Biden bragged about working with where Democrat segregationist.

Jasper2529
2.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1    4 months ago

Nice try, Perrie, but no cigar. I timed out before deleting "and Joe Biden". 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sunshine @2.1.1    4 months ago

We know that, Sunshine. His point is that he could work with people he despised. There were loads of segregationalist in both parties back then. Why not talk about that?

Sunshine
2.1.4  Sunshine  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.3    4 months ago
We know that, Sunshine.

Didn't seem you knew that...

Are you not stating the dogs where Republicans?  The dogs where Democrats.

There were loads of segregationalist in both parties back then. Why not talk about that?

Go right ahead.  

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
2.1.5  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Sunshine @2.1.4    4 months ago

Everyone get a sponge, it's time to white wash Joe. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @2.1.5    4 months ago

In this case the dogs were Democrats. Do you think that Biden didn't work with Strom Thurmond or Jesse Helms?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @2.1.5    4 months ago
Everyone get a sponge, it's time to white wash Joe. 

Don't you mean it's time to smear his name?

lib50
2.1.8  lib50  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.1.7    4 months ago

The same folk who praise Trump's character think they deserve the right to smear an honest Joe.  Expect to hear a lot more bullcrap.  I don't know how it sticks, frankly, no way to shine that Trump turd.  But they will try to bring down everybody to a Trump level.

Texan1211
2.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @2.1.8    4 months ago

Booker probably isn't a Trump fan, and he is criticizing Joe Biden.

Is that allowed?

Sunshine
2.1.10  Sunshine  replied to  lib50 @2.1.8    4 months ago
The same folk who praise Trump's character think they deserve the right to smear an honest Joe. 

You do know it is your party smearing your beloved Joe. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
2.1.11  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sunshine @2.1.10    4 months ago

There are plenty of people in the party that are defending Joe, including black Dems. The only reason we are seeing this outrage from Booker is that he is a candidate, too. I had some respect for the guy before this, but now I have none, and I wouldn't vote for him. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
3  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    4 months ago

Cringe worthy links to Joe quotes......today we call it racism

Wow this clip is unacceptable.....

Oh wow, rough, not the thing one should say to a mostly African American crowd.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-tells-african-american-audience-gop-ticket-would-put-them-back-in-chains/

Cringe number 3, wtf

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/31/biden.obama/

Oh no, Homophobia Joe.....

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46400/biden-1973-gay-federal-employees-security-risk-frank-camp

Tacos!
4  Tacos!    4 months ago

Biden's critics are making his point for him.

It's entirely clear that he did not share the views of segregationists, but his disingenuous critics want to pretend he did so they can pat themselves on the back for their moral superiority.

Biden is simply saying that when these people were in Congress, he had to figure out a way to work with them to get things done. That's useful to the country. If you can talk to a segregationist, you might convince him that some small improvement in the law isn't the end of the world that he imagines it to be. So, it gets passed. In that way, you improve the world a little bit at a time. This is ultimately more valuable than making empty claims about how you are going to make radical change that never happens because you won't ever compromise.

What is Congress doing now? Nothing, because they're too busy barking at each other and flexing their intolerance. America is made up of many different people with different values. We are supposed to be finding ways to work together, not to bully and shame one another into fake agreement.

I don't agree with everything Biden says, but I will vote for a leader who can actually work with different factions. Unfortunately, his own faction is so focused on their posturing and virtue signaling, they may not come along for the ride.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
4.1  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Tacos! @4    4 months ago

Fair comment tacos, let me riddle you this though? Shouldn't we judge Biden for the same standards we judge others with. Specifically on this forum the horde of white people that constantly accuse people of racism have far less evidence than what has been presented on the Joe topic?

I am simply highlighting the partisan hypocrisy that plagues this forum.

Tessylo
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @4.1    4 months ago
'I am simply highlighting the partisan hypocrisy that plagues this forum.'

That's freaking hilarious!

JohnRussell
4.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @4.1    4 months ago

Any reason why BF is allowed to get away with "meta" when other people are not? 

This shit is getting old. 

Tacos!
4.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @4.1    4 months ago
Shouldn't we judge Biden for the same standards we judge others with.

Yes, but I already think we judge people by the wrong standards - maybe not too harshly, but for the wrong things. And I have always said that if you are waiting for the perfect person to run for office, unless Jesus runs, you will be waiting a very long time.

I am simply highlighting the partisan hypocrisy that plagues this forum.

I agree there is a shitload (scientific measurement) of that. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
4.1.4  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    4 months ago

The irony, your comment is meta.....lol

JohnRussell
4.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @4.1.4    4 months ago

The irony, so is yours.....lol. 

I wonder which one will be deleted, lol. 

Sean Treacy
4.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @4.1    4 months ago

Shouldn't we judge Biden for the same standards we judge others wit

I think that's the issue.  If you take Biden's names off his statements, and replace it with Trump,  far left sites like vox would use those same statements to call Trump a racist. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
4.1.7  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.6    4 months ago

Of course Sean and the forum would judge him the same. 

This is the entire point of the seed and the members here proved the success of my ploy to prove this point.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
4.1.8  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    4 months ago

Let's stay focused on the real Injustice, Biden's racism. 

I applied your standard before determining his historical guilt.

lib50
4.1.9  lib50  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @4.1    4 months ago
Shouldn't we judge Biden for the same standards we judge others with.

Lol, that would be NO STANDARDS for conservatives then.  Which is why this moral twisting about Biden is so freaking hilarious.  Y'all (in the most plural public Trumper sense) think you have something to contribute to this subject of standards?  Prove it first, then we'll see.  Otherwise this must just be for satirical laughs.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
4.1.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  lib50 @4.1.9    4 months ago

I think there is a lot to say about having standards. I also think there is something to say know to make a stink about something and when not to. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
4.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @4    4 months ago
I don't agree with everything Biden says, but I will vote for a leader who can actually work with different factions. Unfortunately, his own faction is so focused on their posturing and virtue signaling, they may not come along for the ride.

Fair enough Tacos. And I agree, that right now, the Dems are eating their own. It's a shame. 

Colour Me Free
5  Colour Me Free    4 months ago

The Democratic caucus was headed by a former Klansman and controlled by segregationists / Dixiecrats in 1973 when Biden joined the Senate .. (do not worry Democrats, I am told sometime in the 80's all those racist bastards became Republicans, or so the story goes)

Biden at this time has a large block of the black vote .. seems now the 'competition' wants that vote at any cost (?)

I say get all that can be seen as 'sordid things' out in the light .. Joe Biden's past is a matter of public record, there is no reason to run or hide for what might bite him in the ass, or what was accomplished working along side those that one does not agree with .. it is called compromise, something that is rare in todays political climate of dredging up the past .. the lack of compromise and reaching across the aisle is why nothing gets done in congress .. everyone has their own ball to play with and take it home with them at the end of each 'nothing got accomplished' day.                    

Times have changed, in a nation where white supremacy is now supposedly hiding around every corner .. it is doubtful half here would know a white supremacist was living right next door to them unless someone doxed the individual, knocked on the door and handed them the information.  

Only time will tell if the competition can kill Biden's campaign one cut at a time...

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
5.1  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Colour Me Free @5    4 months ago

What a great comment, thank you.

lib50
5.2  lib50  replied to  Colour Me Free @5    4 months ago
The Democratic caucus was headed by a former Klansman and controlled by segregationists / Dixiecrats in 1973 when Biden joined the Senate .. (do not worry Democrats, I am told sometime in the 80's all those racist bastards became Republicans, or so the story goes)

No, that started happening before the 80's.  But why are you bringing up racist dems from the past when you ignore and defend the current racism and race hate emanating from Trump?  I don't see how we can even have a conversation on the topic when its a topic you want to avoid within your own ranks.  It is so hypocritical and nauseating listening to this sanctimonious judgement of a man known for his openness and honesty from people who require none from their own.  Dems do this to a fault, gop don't even know the meaning.  Clean up your own house first.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
5.2.1  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  lib50 @5.2    4 months ago

The Democrat party panders and exploits minorities and has never done anything worthwhile for minority communities.

The last president's economic policy was a dismal failure.

Check minority unemployment before you continue your virtue signaling nonsensical blather.

Facts matter.

Colour Me Free
5.2.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  lib50 @5.2    4 months ago

I have no clue what you are babbling about … do a lil research of your own, your ignorance is showing.

I have no rank or party, but you knew that already … had you actually read my comment you would know I do not sit in judgement of Biden.. but yes I agree with the sanctimoniousness . after reading you comment the stench of holier than thou fills the air. 

Tessylo
5.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @5.2.1    4 months ago
'Facts matter.'

Yes they do so why is your post devoid of facts?

Tessylo
5.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @5.2.1    4 months ago
On another thread - per you and Dismayed Patriot
BF - 'maybe he likes his community to enjoy low unemployment over unemployment in the 16% range'

DP 'Considering that President Obama oversaw the drop from 16% black unemployment down to 7.8% meaning a total drop of 8.2% and then Donald Trump saw a 1% drop and tried to claim he was the one who saved black Americans jobs, only the dumbest of the dumb, most likely already Trump supporters, would believe the nonsense that it was Trump or republicans who came to their rescue.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/18/16902390/trump-black-unemployment-rate-record-decline

But I guess if you can find someone dumb enough to believe it, then you've done your job. They say a sucker is born every minute, and this is proven true each time someone gets bamboozled to believe the lies coming from the right.'

XDm9mm
5.2.5  XDm9mm  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.4    4 months ago
DP 'Considering that President Obama oversaw the drop from 16% black unemployment down to 7.8% meaning a total drop of 8.2% and then Donald Trump saw a 1% drop and tried to claim he was the one who saved black Americans jobs, only the dumbest of the dumb, most likely already Trump supporters, would believe the nonsense that it was Trump or republicans who came to their rescue.

Please post the POLICY of Obama that was responsible for that.   

Other than failing at essentially everything he did, similar to that red line in the sand that blew away with the first breeze that came along, Obama and Biden did jack shit for anything.

Ender
6  Ender    4 months ago
But more than a half-dozen CBC members argued that Biden’s remarks were taken out of context and that the former senator’s call for decency is needed now more than ever.

“I worked with Strom Thurmond all my life,” House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.), the highest-ranking African American in Congress, said of the infamous segregationist senator. “You don’t have to agree with people to work with them.”

House Democratic Caucus Chairman Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) said he had yet to see Biden’s full remarks from the fundraiser but agreed with his overall sentiment.

“I disagree with the overwhelming items that have come out of the mouth of Donald J. Trump. But we managed to work together with his administration to enact historic criminal justice reform,” Jeffries said.

“I think we here in the House Democratic Caucus have ourselves taken the position that sometimes you have to work with the opposition to the extent they’re in power without compromising your values if you can get things done.”

“If he was able to work with Eastland, he’s a great person,” Rep. Bennie Thompson, who represents a district in Eastland’s home state of Mississippi, said of Biden.

Rep. Joyce Beatty (D-Ohio) said she didn’t want to “reinterpret” what Biden said, adding that she thinks “he’s well equipped because of his experience” to work in a time of polarized government.

But Biden has a   deep well of support   within the CBC, in part due to his service in the Senate but also his time as vice president under Barack Obama.

“I think that sentiment is more important than ever because there’s lots of folks on the other side of the aisle that we don’t get along with, that we don’t agree with their views, yet we need to accomplish certain things that advance the interest of the American people,” said Rep. Donald McEachin (D-Va.), who has endorsed Biden. “So I think the comment was very appropriate.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/19/joe-biden-segregationist-comments-1370844