╌>

Black bear killed for getting too friendly with humans

Category:  Pets & Animals

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  5 years ago  •  12 comments

Black bear killed for getting too friendly with humans
State wildlife officials say they had to kill the 100 pound male bear for becoming too much of a threat to human safety; when bears get used to being around people, they’re more likely to attack.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 years ago

So stupid humans feed this poor bear, and he gets to die for it. Does that seem fair?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    5 years ago

I guess no one thought to put that bear in a zoo.

being human and being humane do not always go together.

and people ask why I say I am embarrassed to be part of the human race.

when it's a no brainer.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1    5 years ago

The video explained why he was no zoo material (though I don't get it). They don't take tame animals. How messed up is that?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.1    5 years ago
How messed up is that?

I would say that is fairly fuked up

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2  1stwarrior    5 years ago

I did Natural Resource Management for 'bout 30 years with DoD and it's instances such as this that really pizz us off in the NR world.

Critters are being driven out of their habitat by the greed of land owners who give absolutely no consideration to the wildlife they are destroying through the continued acquisition of "property".

Fish and Game personnel can only do so much against all the city/county/state laws that completely ignore the habitat they are destroying.  Hell, even Fish and Wildlife management on the national level has to do battle through environmental impact statements to ensure the "new" property owners understand they also need to make allowances for the critters who have been on that property for hundreds of years through the mitigation process.

People think the critters are just "so cute" and, because they're human, they can "make" the critters ASSIMILATE to the new two legged population.

Don't work that way folks.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  1stwarrior @2    5 years ago

I agree with your assessment 1st. It makes me want the parks commission to make the people using the park to have a class before entering the park. It's more than just the animals. They are very destructive to the parks in general. I saw it first hand in Yosemite. We told people off. The parks are there for all to enjoy, yet people don't seem to understand that.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3  sandy-2021492    5 years ago

I have a neighbor who feeds stray cats on her deck, which attracts bears.  Even after she watched a bear kill and eat a kitten (she blamed the bear, not herself), she continues to do it, endangering us all, including the bear.  I've had a bear on my front porch looking for food. Too close for comfort.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3    5 years ago

If you have bears (or any wildlife) in the area, you have to be mindful not to provide food for them. Even we have a problem with Racoons, so we never leave a garbage bag out without being properly put away in a can, since they are dangerous to the pets in the area.

evilone
Professor Guide
4  evilone    5 years ago

I grew up in black bear country. Too many ignorant people claiming too much "property" space.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  evilone @4    5 years ago

Agreed. We take up their homes, and then complain about them.