╌>

Jon Miller Shreds the Slavery Reparations Argument I White House Brief

Category:  News & Politics

By:  freedom-warrior  •  5 years ago  •  41 comments

Jon Miller Shreds the Slavery Reparations Argument I White House Brief
"What a Stupid Idea, What a Butt Stupid Idea"

"Oh please can I have some free money jrSmiley_11_smiley_image.gif    People who were never slave owners are supposed to give me, who was never a slave money. Reparations ... just for being black."  Jon Miller

"Black people don't need another apology. We need safer neighborhoods and better schools.  We need a less punitive criminal justice system.  We need affordable healthcare.  And none of these things can be achieved through reparations.  Reparations by definition are only given to victims.  The moment you give me reparations, you have made me into a victim without my consent." Coleman Hughes

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
2  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago
People who were never slave owners are supposed to give me, who was never a slave money. Reparations ... just for being black."  Jon Miller

"reparations" is the left's attempt to reign in the black vote with free money.

not going to work.

cheers :)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Jon Miller - everyone within the sound of your voice is stupider for having listened to you. 

In this gibberish Jon Miller says he doesn't understand what Tanehisi Coates was talking about when he testified before Congress, as if Coates made no points and has no knowledge of the topic. 

Coates wrote an article for the Atlantic in 2014 that takes an hour and twenty minutes to listen to on soundcloud.  In the subtitle to the article Coates goes beyond what Jon Miller knows about it. 

Two hundred fifty years of slavery. Ninety years of Jim Crow. Sixty years of separate but equal. Thirty-five years of racist housing policy. Until we reckon with our compounding moral debts, America will never be whole.

In the body of the article , which is 16,000 words long, Coates writes

One cannot escape the question by hand-waving at the past, disavowing the acts of one’s ancestors, nor by citing a recent date of ancestral immigration. The last slaveholder has been dead for a very long time. The last soldier to endure Valley Forge has been dead much longer. To proudly claim the veteran and disown the slaveholder is patriotism à la carte. A nation outlives its generations. We were not there when Washington crossed the Delaware, but Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze’s rendering has meaning to us. We were not there when Woodrow Wilson took us into World War I, but we are still paying out the pensions. If Thomas Jefferson’s genius matters, then so does his taking of Sally Hemings’s body. If George Washington crossing the Delaware matters, so must his ruthless pursuit of the runagate Oney Judge.

There is not the slightest bit of doubt that Jon Miller is an intellectual midget when compared to Tanehisi Coates, although of course that doesnt necessarily make him wrong. But he is obviously ignorant of the arguments being made, and thus a waste of time. 

Here is a link to Coates case for reparations. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @3    5 years ago

Coates is a leading merchant in white liberal guilt.  He makes his living feeding the emotions of white liberals who love nothing better than to wallow in guilt for things they've never done, and then come up with "solutions" spending other people's money so they can assuage their "feelings" without actually changing their own lives. 

The trouble is....none of that shit actually helps black people.  After 50 years of these "programs", Dr. King's dream is still light years from realization, and the answer to Bobby Kennedy's question is still "no".  Black kids get lower quality educations, even in integrated schools.  The black unemployment rate is miles higher than the white, despite 50 years of "affirmative action".   

Miller understands how white liberal guilt doesn't work, and isn't interested in any more of it.  He's tired of white liberal 'feelings' being more important than black kids' safety.  He wants safer neighborhoods, better schools, and the same opportunities white people have.   Gee....what a neanderthal bastard.....

The fact that you believe a pragmatist less intelligent than a whining idealist is telling, even if predictable.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2    5 years ago

Tanehisi Coates wrote a work of scholarship. Jon Miller did a You Tube red meat comedy act on a right wing video channel. 

That you prefer the comedy act is revealing as well. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    5 years ago
Tanehisi Coates wrote a work of scholarship.

I'm sure you think so.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    5 years ago

Thanks John, the problem with reparations continues to be "who gives, who gets & who's next?

The answer to all of that is NOBODY!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    5 years ago

There is a House resolution to study the matter. I see nothing wrong with Congress studying it officially , and see if it leads to any workable ideas. 

What we dont really need any more of are clown shows like the seeded video. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    5 years ago

Except I don't think it will provide anything intelligent and workable. IMO this will become another political party fur ball that each party will use to try to shame the other party. This will be brought back out during election cycles to make points and then pushed back into the dark to be ignored until it's needed again.  Washington politics....

And IMO it's the politics that makes these big issues impossible to fix. Everybody is looking for that one solution so they can stand up and show how "they" fixed the issue. As these problems are so large and so complex there is not a single simple solution to them. Add to this that there will be many people and groups pushing their own agenda on this.. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    5 years ago
There is a House resolution to study the matter.

That's to get out the black vote. The dems do it every election cycle. They can't win without minority grievance.

I see nothing wrong with Congress studying it officially

I'm in favor of it. I want them to see what democrats do when they have power. Next you elect democrat moderates, just remember happens! America wake up!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @4.1.5    5 years ago

They are kissing Sharpton's ring

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.7  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    5 years ago
There is a House resolution to study the matter. I see nothing wrong with Congress studying it officially , and see if it leads to any workable ideas.  What we dont really need any more of are clown shows like the seeded video. 

Tell you what, if you think they deserve reparations, by all means contribute to them.

Once you've done that, feel free to convince all of your like minded friends and colleagues to contribute as well.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5  Jasper2529    5 years ago

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6  Jasper2529    5 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @6    5 years ago

Who cares what that sell out Burgess has to say?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    5 years ago

So, Burgess Owens is a "sell out" merely because he chooses to think for himself and not obey the Democratic Party. Good to know. At least you didn't call him an Uncle Tom. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.2.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    5 years ago

"Sell out"....noun....black person who dares think for themselves and deviate from leftist ideology.....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    5 years ago

If you and others don't care, why are you here wasting your time trying to denigrate him?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    5 years ago

Why is he a sell out? What is he selling out? Are you saying that he should think a certain way because of his skin color? I hope not because that would seem to be the very definition of racism.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.2.6  1stwarrior  replied to  Tacos! @6.2.5    5 years ago

PJ
Masters Quiet
7  PJ    5 years ago

I think there are valid points on both sides.  Although I find it humorous to see trump supporters parade out and place on a peddle stool blacks who promote their position there were no negative affects from racism and that it doesn’t exist. 

With that said, I’m not for reparations.  I pay out enough to support trump supporters who are on welfare and old people who receive Medicaid.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1  Sparty On  replied to  PJ @7    5 years ago
Although I find it humorous to see trump supporters parade out and place on a peddle stool blacks who promote their position there were no negative affects from racism and that it doesn’t exist. 

I find it equally humorous when trump haters "Uncle Tom" any black person who doesn't goosestep in exact unison with their chosen narrative.   I mean the nerve of those Uncle Toms .... thinking for themselves and all.   Mercy, mercy me!

PJ
Masters Quiet
7.1.1  PJ  replied to  Sparty On @7.1    5 years ago

Well it’s good to laugh with all the humor being thrown around. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  PJ @7.1.1    5 years ago

True, i get several good chuckles here nearly every day.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.2  Tacos!  replied to  PJ @7    5 years ago
their position there were no negative affects from racism and that it doesn’t exist

Who is saying that?