╌>

Fox news' laura Ingraham: War with Iran would cost Trump the 2020 election

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 years ago  •  16 comments

Fox news' laura Ingraham: War with Iran would cost Trump the 2020 election
"The only obstacles that I see to Trump's winning in 2020 are one, an economic collapse and two, a new American war.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Fox News host   Laura Ingraham   spoke out against a war with Iran Thursday saying that conflict with the Middle East power likely would cost President Trump the presidency in 2020.

"The only obstacles that I see to Trump's winning in 2020 are one, an economic collapse and two, a new American war. That risk, trump throwing in with the Bush war hawks and a repudiation of his own doctor and principled realism in foreign policy," Ingraham said on "The Ingraham Angle."

The Fox News host cited conservative Pat Buchanan's latest column saying that a war with Iran would be labeled 'Trump's war' because he pulled the U.S. from the Iran nuclear treaty.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Whether or not Trump will launch an attack on Iran is a matter of conjecture. But even if he decides not to, my fear is that what has been up until now mostly a "war of words" might accidentally escalate into a major shooting war.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 years ago

Who influences Trump's views?

Some people feel that while his cabinet members and other advisors might not influence him much-- he does put a lot of credence in advice he gets from the media-- specifically several Fox News Pundits.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Krishna @2    5 years ago
Who influences Trump's views?

Mostly liars, like hannity, limbaugh and alex jones, (who now has pedophile charges pending)...in other words, people that tell trump what he wants to hear, the truth be damned. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  MrFrost @2.1    5 years ago

I'm wondering if he will listen to John Bolton re: Iran-- Bolton's an extreme neo-con and a super-hawk. 

I do think Ingraham is right here-- the vast majority of Americans (and that includes many republicans) do not want America to become involved in yet another major war.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    5 years ago

Probably, trump will believe anyone that will tell him exactly what he wants to hear. Trump is just plain stupid. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    5 years ago

Of course the Trump could be re-elected if the electoral map remains the same. 

War with Iran?  Rather odd that this is even being a conversation.

Economic collapse?  Even odder to remotely justify market gains unless the 'so called investors' are banking on an America pursuing and agenda of retrograde.

As far as Ingraham, just another conservative female 50 something year old virgin.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1  MrFrost  replied to  bbl-1 @3    5 years ago
As far as Ingraham, just another conservative female 50 something year old virgin.

Probably... She looks weird. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @3.1    5 years ago

She looks quite mannish, she even sounds like a man when she talks.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    5 years ago

I'll say the same thing about her I've said about other people . She is an average looking woman, not either beautiful or ugly. She does have a strong voice, but that could have been developed for radio and tv. She has a two or three hour daily talk show on radio. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ozzwald  replied to  bbl-1 @3    5 years ago

An attractive blond working at Fox News a virgin?  Not after some of their "me too" casualties.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.2.1  bbl-1  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2    5 years ago

I should have added ( pretend ) virgin. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  Ozzwald  replied to  bbl-1 @3.2.1    5 years ago
I should have added ( pretend ) virgin.

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

Funny that everyone has glazed over the context of what Ingraham said. There is no question about it - war with Iran is the last thing the American people want. Trump knows it. When he called off that minor response, I said to myself, yup, he knows!

Iran knows too. They want another democrat in the WH.

He's gonna be hard to beat!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    5 years ago

Funny that everyone has glazed over the context of what Ingraham said.

Yep, it's their usual childish banter about a person's looks.

Laura is an unapologetic conservative, and an accomplished attorney who has clerked for Clarence Thomas.

She has never married, and has three adopted children. Her net worth is about $70 million. From Wiki....

Ingraham has previously dated broadcaster Keith Olbermann [91] and former New Jersey Democratic Senator Robert Torricelli . [92] In April 2005, she announced her engagement to Chicago businessman James V. Reyes, and that she had undergone breast cancer surgery. In May 2005, Ingraham told listeners that her engagement to Reyes was canceled, citing issues regarding her diagnosis with breast cancer. [93] She has also dated political commentator Dinesh D'Souza [94] and George T. Conway , attorney and husband of Kellyanne Conway. [95]

She is a convert from the Baptist neo-tradition to the Roman Catholic faith . [96] She has also studied Russian . [97]

She is a single parent of three children: a girl from Guatemala whom she adopted in 2008; [98] a boy from Russia whom she adopted at 13 months in 2009; [99] and another boy she adopted in 2011.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    5 years ago

And she's a strong Woman!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    5 years ago

And she's a strong Woman!

Nothing that a quick shower wouldn't help with...