Elizabeth Warren wants reparations for gay people

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  4 months ago  •  29 comments

Elizabeth Warren wants reparations for gay people

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

And she has a list of other groups as well.

Democratic Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren has added “gay and lesbian couples” to the growing list of groups for whom she would support reparations.

Citing a tax code that was “discriminatory” against non-heterosexual married couples, Warren tweeted Saturday, “It wasn’t until marriage equality became law that gay & lesbian couples could jointly file tax returns—so they paid more in taxes. Our government owes them more than $50M for the years our discriminatory tax code left them out. We must right these wrongs.”

Keep reading…

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    4 months ago

Everybody who's special gets a check.....

How will government determine one's gayness? Maybe they can watch videos of the fantabulous parades to figure it out.

Next up reparations for trans-racial people. Oh wait, there are only two, Rachel Dolezall and surprise...Elizabeth Warren.

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

epistte
1.1  epistte  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1    4 months ago
Everybody who's special gets a check.....

How will government determine one's gayness? Maybe they can watch videos of the fantabulous parades to figure it out.

Maybe if people would stop discriminating against others this problem might not exist.  Why should they have had to pay higher taxes because of the bigotry of others?

Citing a tax code that was “discriminatory” against non-heterosexual married couples, Warren tweeted Saturday, “It wasn’t until marriage equality became law that gay & lesbian couples could jointly file tax returns—so they paid more in taxes. Our government owes them more than $50M for the years our discriminatory tax code left them out. We must right these wrongs.”

Next up reparations for trans-racial people. Oh wait, there are only two, Rachel Dolezall and surprise...Elizabeth Warren.

You cannot possibly be trans racial. 

Krishna
1.1.1  Krishna  replied to  epistte @1.1    4 months ago

You cannot possibly be trans racial. 

Of course you can-- Michael Jackson did it!

1. If there were reparations, this African-American kid would receive them:

2.And if there were reparations-- this White guy would have to pay them!

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1.1.2  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    4 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

JBB
1.1.3  JBB  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    4 months ago

Suffering a rare skin condition woyld not change a person's race...

WallyW
1.2  WallyW  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1    4 months ago

So if I identify as a  black lesbian, I  would get double reparations? jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
1.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  WallyW @1.2    4 months ago

If you have action photos. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1.2.2  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    4 months ago

Are you trying to get reparations?

Vic Eldred
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1    4 months ago

She's touching every base!

Freedom Warrior
1.4  Freedom Warrior  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1    4 months ago

Well since the consensus now is that gender is fluid.  I can be a gay women while I pick a check from the feds.  Wonder if candidate Buttiplug is going to jump on this bandwagon.

I knew these whack doodles were going to attempt out do each other with free stuff but naturally I was unable to anticipate how loony it would become.

bbl-1
2  bbl-1    4 months ago

Reparations and all of that crap straight out of the FSB's playbook.

Not to worry, Clifford and McDougal got their reparation payments from the Grifter himself.  And these are the only ones that matter.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
2.1  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  bbl-1 @2    4 months ago

Yes of course. All roads lead to Russian conspiracies.

Texan1211
3  Texan1211    4 months ago

And...………………………….let the pandering begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there ANY "special interest" group Democrats won't cater to in order to buy their votes?

Krishna
3.1  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @3    4 months ago

How about reparations for fat people? (Or at least those who are grossly obese)?

Sometime people say mean things about them!

They deserve reparations.

GregTx
3.1.1  GregTx  replied to  Krishna @3.1    4 months ago

Ha, how about reperations for skinny people anything less is discriminatory.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
3.1.2  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Krishna @3.1    4 months ago

We already have reparations for old people,  we call it social security so why not.

Next up the mentally ill.....

GaJenn78
3.2  GaJenn78  replied to  Texan1211 @3    4 months ago

I'm pretty sure "South Park" made an episode about this....

Tacos!
4  Tacos!    4 months ago

Please deliver us from politicians who think the answer to every issue is to throw money at it or that the way to win every vote is to promise a check in the mail.

charger 383
5  charger 383    4 months ago

Any reparation payments are going to cause a major backlash and great  resentment 

Krishna
5.1  Krishna  replied to  charger 383 @5    4 months ago

I agree. And beyond that. If the Democratic nominee (whomever it turns out to be) comes out in favour of reparations  it will cause them to lose the election.

Actually I don't think the Dems who have come out for reparations are doing it to try to win the general election. Rather, they are doing it to try to win the Dem. primary. (A tough race because its such a crowded field-- if anyone of them can win a big majority of the black vote that might put them over the top in the primary). Well, it would also put them ahead of the other candidates on the far left.

But its such a nutty idea it would backfire by causing them to lose the general election.

JohnRussell
6  JohnRussell    4 months ago

The whole country should get reparations for having endured the past 884 days. 

Texan1211
6.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6    4 months ago
The whole country should get reparations for having endured the past 884 days.

You may be actually right about that.

The constant stream of TDS run amok is taking a toll on us all!

bugsy
6.2.1  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2    4 months ago

What's funny is he has kept track of the days he has enjoyed Trump as President, instead of counting down the amount of days in the next 6 years before Trump will be replaced by another Republican.

Tacos!
7  Tacos!    4 months ago

The urge to and the belief that we can simply undo everything that ever happened - and with a check, no less - is both arrogant and irrational.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
8  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    4 months ago

Has there ever been a primary group of campaigners that has pandered to so many different special interest groups?

Texan1211
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @8    4 months ago

probably not, because smarter people realize it is hard to win a national election catering to small niche groups.

GaJenn78
8.2  GaJenn78  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @8    4 months ago

I guess it depends on where you live. Fly over states will again be forgotten by dems, because they are trying too hard in smaller areas that can be taken care of by congress.....(LOLOLOLOLOLOL, like they do anything LOLOLOLOLOLOL), but it makes the candidates  feel good sooooooo. I guess whatever makes you feel good. Honestly, I hate them all, they promise the sun and moon to people and people eat it up. Nothing ever gets done and everyone blames the president, WHOEVER it may be. Congress has such a low approval but these assholes keep getting voted in. I honestly think people need to be more educated. The president is just a part of our government, not the whole..... everyone is focused on him at the moment and not congress.... TBH, IDGAF about the President, I focus more on congress than anything, they are the ones playing games and the president is just fucking with them all. Keep watching, and turn away from any mainstream media, feeding bull from both sides

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
11  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    4 months ago

I propose reparations for congress people who married their brother.

Sunshine
12  Sunshine    4 months ago

I want reparations for my Great Grandmothers who could not vote and didn't have equal representation under the Constitution.  Also they couldn't own property, work, and build wealth so I would like that too please.  

Two million in gold bars might do it.

Thanks America...it is Great Again!