╌>

Elizabeth Warren wants reparations for gay people

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  29 comments

Elizabeth Warren wants reparations for gay people

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

And she has a list of other groups as well.

Democratic Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren has added “gay and lesbian couples” to the growing list of groups for whom she would support reparations.

Citing a tax code that was “discriminatory” against non-heterosexual married couples, Warren tweeted Saturday, “It wasn’t until marriage equality became law that gay & lesbian couples could jointly file tax returns—so they paid more in taxes. Our government owes them more than $50M for the years our discriminatory tax code left them out. We must right these wrongs.”

Keep reading…

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    5 years ago

Reparations and all of that crap straight out of the FSB's playbook.

Not to worry, Clifford and McDougal got their reparation payments from the Grifter himself.  And these are the only ones that matter.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    5 years ago

And...………………………….let the pandering begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there ANY "special interest" group Democrats won't cater to in order to buy their votes?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @3    5 years ago

How about reparations for fat people? (Or at least those who are grossly obese)?

Sometime people say mean things about them!

They deserve reparations.

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.1.1  GregTx  replied to  Krishna @3.1    5 years ago

Ha, how about reperations for skinny people anything less is discriminatory.

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
3.2  GaJenn78  replied to  Texan1211 @3    5 years ago

I'm pretty sure "South Park" made an episode about this....

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

Please deliver us from politicians who think the answer to every issue is to throw money at it or that the way to win every vote is to promise a check in the mail.

charger 383
Professor Silent
5  charger 383    5 years ago

Any reparation payments are going to cause a major backlash and great  resentment 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  Krishna  replied to  charger 383 @5    5 years ago

I agree. And beyond that. If the Democratic nominee (whomever it turns out to be) comes out in favour of reparations  it will cause them to lose the election.

Actually I don't think the Dems who have come out for reparations are doing it to try to win the general election. Rather, they are doing it to try to win the Dem. primary. (A tough race because its such a crowded field-- if anyone of them can win a big majority of the black vote that might put them over the top in the primary). Well, it would also put them ahead of the other candidates on the far left.

But its such a nutty idea it would backfire by causing them to lose the general election.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The whole country should get reparations for having endured the past 884 days. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6    5 years ago
The whole country should get reparations for having endured the past 884 days.

You may be actually right about that.

The constant stream of TDS run amok is taking a toll on us all!

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.1  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2    5 years ago

What's funny is he has kept track of the days he has enjoyed Trump as President, instead of counting down the amount of days in the next 6 years before Trump will be replaced by another Republican.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    5 years ago

The urge to and the belief that we can simply undo everything that ever happened - and with a check, no less - is both arrogant and irrational.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
12  Sunshine    5 years ago

I want reparations for my Great Grandmothers who could not vote and didn't have equal representation under the Constitution.  Also they couldn't own property, work, and build wealth so I would like that too please.  

Two million in gold bars might do it.

Thanks America...it is Great Again!