╌>

New Documents Released Regarding Rep. Ilhan Omar's Possible Bigamy and Incest

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  98 comments

New Documents Released Regarding Rep. Ilhan Omar's Possible Bigamy and Incest

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The Minnesota Campaign Finance Board has released new documents in the case of campaign finance violations against Rep. Ilhan Omar, which shed a little more light   on charges made during her 2018 campaign by PJM's David Steinberg and others that she married her brother , a British citizen, so he could enter the United States, but then married another man in 2017 before divorcing her first husband.

An investigation by the   Minneapolis Star-Tribune   revealed that Omar legally corrected the error, but questions surrounding her relationship with her first husband persist.

In August of 2016, the original story broke when   Powerline   blog covered it:

A reader has written us to point out that the Somali website  Somalispot posted information last week suggesting Omar’s involvement in marriage and immigration fraud. The post notes that Omar married Ahmed Hirsi in 2002. Hirsi is the father of Omar’s three children. Omar is depicted with Hirsi and their children on Omar’s campaign website  here .
The post further notes that Omar married her brother Ahmed Nur Said Elmi in 2009, implying that the latter marriage assisted his entry into the United States. Her brother was a British citizen. “As soon as Ilhan Omar married him,” the post continues, “he started university at her [a]lma mater North Dakota State University where he graduated in 2012. Shortly thereafter, he moved to Minneapolis where he was living in a public housing complex and was later evicted. He then returned to the United Kingdom where he now lives.”

The  Star-Tribune  investigation tried to untangle the convoluted skein of Omar's personal life:

Omar has denied the allegations in the past, dismissing them as “baseless rumors” first raised in an online Somali politics forum and championed by conservative bloggers during her 2016 campaign for the Minnesota House. But she said little then or since about Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, the former husband who swept into her life in 2009 before a 2011 separation.

The questions surfaced again this month in a state probe of campaign finance violations showing that Omar filed federal taxes in 2014 and 2015 with her current husband, Ahmed Hirsi, while she was still legally married to but separated from Elmi.

Although she has legally corrected the discrepancy, she has declined to say anything about how or why it happened.

Only a newspaper carrying water for Democrats would describe being legally married to two men at the same time as a "discrepancy."

Since the recent findings of the campaign finance board that discovered Omar had improperly used campaign money to pay a lawyer to fix her tax filings, the Star Tribune searched public records — including available databases, the marriage and divorce filing, business licenses, university records and other documents — and could find little publicly available information about Elmi. The search of records could neither conclusively confirm nor rebut the allegation that he is Omar’s sibling.

Sent a list of questions and a request to talk to her siblings and father, Omar declined to do so. Hirsi did not reply to multiple calls, texts and e-mails. Social media posts indicate Elmi is in Africa. He did not respond to multiple e-mails.

As the   Star-Tribune   explains, Omar divorced the man who might or might not be her brother in 2011 in, what she describes as "our faith tradition." A Muslim cleric told the newspaper that the tradition "requires two witnesses, ideally the same two who witnessed the marriage, plus a three-month waiting period." Of course, the marriage would not be legally dissolved until a legal divorce was obtained in the state court. Omar did not get a legal divorce until 2017.

Yes, I would say that's a great big "discrepancy."

There's more. Social media posts that purport to show Omar to be a liar about never having contact with her first husband after 2011 have disappeared:

Conservative activists say photos and other social media posted by Omar and Elmi on Instagram and Facebook suggest Omar may not be telling the truth. The Star Tribune has been unable to independently obtain the original posts, although images purporting to be screen grabs continue to populate right-leaning media sites such as Power Line Blog, PJ Media and Alpha News. They remain in public view.

One image featured on AlphaNewsMN depicts an Instagram photo purportedly posted by Elmi on June 12, 2012, the day after Omar gave birth to her third child. It shows a close-up picture of Elmi holding a newborn child the website says is Omar’s, based on accompanying text that ostensibly refers to the baby girl as “nieces.”

That and other Instagram photos have since been removed.

Rub-a-dub-dub and thanks for the scrub.

By this time, anything incriminating about Elmi being her brother has been expertly wiped -- possibly by people with the resources and knowledge to thoroughly erase the past, at least on the internet. This speaks to a level of sophistication beyond Omar or her staff's capability.

After all, Democrats take care of their own.

Address Records Show Rep. Ilhan Omar Still Lived With First Husband Throughout Marriage to Her Brother

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    5 years ago

Voted up.  Omar's religion does not shelter her from the same critical look every other member of congress has to endure these days.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    5 years ago

JUST a little hard to believe that filing your taxes incorrectly in her case was an inadvertent "discrepancy".

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @3    5 years ago

Keep a straight face while typing that?   I sure couldn't when I read it.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  lib50 @3.1    5 years ago
'Keep a straight face while typing that?   I sure couldn't when I read it.' 

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @3.1    5 years ago

Good for you!

gee, for some of us, remembering you are married, and to who, is easy-peasy.

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.3  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    5 years ago

Lol, keep 'em coming!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @3.1.3    5 years ago

I said for SOME of us.

maybe not you?

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.5  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.4    5 years ago

Whoosh!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Brother marriage, tax fraud, anti-antisemitism and Democrats love her...

Besides the rampant criminality of Omar,  the released emails show how confident the Democrats are they can order the Star Tribune (supposedly objective newspaper) not to cover the story. 'Just reach out and tell the Star Tribune to shut it down, as we do with it.'

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6  katrix    5 years ago

I haven't found any actual proof for any of this. Apparently the first marriage was just a Muslim marriage of faith without completing the civil marriage process - like getting married in a Christian church without a civil marriage, it is not a legal marriage. So, no bigamy. And there's no evidence that the second husband is actually her brother. Just some anonymous blog post that a bunch of biased websites picked up.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  katrix @6    5 years ago
 And there's no evidence that the second husband is actually her brother. Ju

If there's no evidence, then why won't the Star Tribune, say that she didn't marry her brother?

Seems pretty easy to disprove. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.1  katrix  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2    5 years ago
Seems pretty easy to disprove. 

If it's true, it should be pretty easy to provide proof.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6.2.2  Sunshine  replied to  katrix @6.2.1    5 years ago

Somalia doesn't require births to be registered.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.3  katrix  replied to  Sunshine @6.2.2    5 years ago

So then how do you expect it to be either proven or disproven?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6.2.4  Sunshine  replied to  katrix @6.2.3    5 years ago

I doubt it will.  Do you think she knew that?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.5  katrix  replied to  Sunshine @6.2.4    5 years ago

I'm inclined to not believe it unless there is more evidence; I see it as plausible but not likely. It's just so far out there; and it started out as an anonymous post on a blog site, which has since been deleted, but not before being picked up by some websites.  That's not much of a source, so this might well be nothing more than a smear job.

I'm pretty sure people in her Somali town would be able to refute it or support it, if any of those websites had bothered to do some actual research instead of treating an anonymous blog post as fact. At least the Star Tribune is doing some actual record searches, but if births aren't registered, I don't know what they would expect to find.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6.2.6  Sunshine  replied to  katrix @6.2.5    5 years ago

Seems though she did marry someone just for entry to the US and lived with her kids father during her marriage to this other guy and had another child with the father of her other children during this time frame.  That can and has been documented.

Maybe not illegal but some may find unethical for a US Senator.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.7  katrix  replied to  Sunshine @6.2.6    5 years ago
Seems though she did marry someone just for entry to the US and lived with her kids father during her marriage to this other guy and had another child with the father of her other children during this time frame.  That can and has been documented.

Now that I can believe - it's the brother part that I find unlikely. Although you never know; people do all kinds of things to scam the immigration system. I would agree, if she did this, it's unethical and will likely impact her chances at re-election next time around.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  katrix @6    5 years ago
"...like getting married in a Christian church without a civil marriage, it is not a legal marriage."

That's news to me. I thought that ministers, priests, rabbis were LICENSED to perform LEGAL marriages, but what the hell, what do I know about legal matters?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I have tried to get interested in this story, but I can't.  If she has broken any laws then she should face the consequences. Otherwise this is all much ado about nothing. 

The right and the fake news crowd on the right need boogermen to set up as the objects of their "patriotic" wrath. Omar is a Muslim woman with a big mouth so the right is obsessed with attacking her. In reality she is an insignificant figure in national politics. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @7    5 years ago

Omar is her own boogerman ..... she needs no help from the right.

None at all ......

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sparty On @7.2    5 years ago

As I've said elsewhere, she and her two buddies AOC and Tlieb are the best "inside agents" the Republican Party could dream for.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @7    5 years ago

"In reality she is an insignificant figure in national politics."

LOL.  Using an expression by Jean Reno from the movie The DaVinci Code, in describing the crystal pyramid in front of the Louvre: "It is a scar on the face of Paris", IMO Omar and her 2 buddies, AOC and Tlieb, are a scar on the face of their political party.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
8  Sunshine    5 years ago

So the brother marries his sister to go to college for free, divorces her and then leaves the country with his free US education.

Taxpayers money hard at work.