╌>

Megan Rapinoe on USWNT's possible White House visit: 'I'm not going to the f---ing White House'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  167 comments

Megan Rapinoe on USWNT's possible White House visit: 'I'm not going to the f---ing White House'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

If, for some reason, you thought USWNT star Megan Rapinoe might have changed her mind about visiting the White House if the United States women’s national team wins the Women’s World Cup, then wonder no more.

The USWNT co-captain provided another straight answer.

“I’m not going to the f---ing White House,” Rapinoe said. “No, I’m not going to the White House. We’re not going to be invited. I doubt it.”

Rapinoe had been asked by Eight by Eight magazine if she was looking forward to making the trip, which was met with an audible scoff.

937f21b0-91a3-11e9-b8ba-6d4287591c54 Megan Rapinoe (center) and her teammates are standing for the national anthem during the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup France group F match between USA and Chile. (Getty Images)

That emphatic answer backs up what Rapinoe said before the tournament, that she would “absolutely not” attend a White House celebration in the event of a World Cup win. Fellow USWNT star Alex Morgan also said she would not attend.

Rapinoe, who drew a public condemnation from President Donald Trump for not putting her hand on her heart during the national anthem before a game, has made no attempt to hide her scorn for the Trump administration.

From an interview with Yahoo Sports earlier this month:

She is at ease, however, in her role as USWNT co-captain. She is "a walking protest when it comes to the Trump administration," she says, because of "everything I stand for."

"I feel like it's kind of defiance in and of itself to just be who I am and wear the jersey, and represent it," she continues. "Because I'm as talented as I am, I get to be here, you don't get to tell me if I can be here or not. So it's kind of a good ‘F you' to any sort of inequality or bad sentiments that the [Trump] administration might have towards people who don't look exactly like him. Which, God help us if we all looked like him. Scary. Really scary. Ahh, disturbing."

As Rapinoe mentions in her more recent quote, the USWNT probably shouldn’t even be expecting an invitation from Trump if it wins the tournament given his past history with not inviting any champion he thinks will reject him.

No NBA or WNBA champion has visited the White House during the Trump administration, and the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles also had their invitation rescinded after it became clear most of the team’s players would be skipping the event. This year’s NBA champion Toronto Raptors seem set to continue the trend.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

If,  for some reason , you thought USWNT star Megan Rapinoe might  have changed her mind about visiting the White House  if the United States women’s national team wins the Women’s World Cup, then wonder no more.

The USWNT co-captain provided another straight answer.

“I’m not going to the f---ing White House,” Rapinoe said. “No, I’m not going to the White House. We’re not going to be invited. I doubt it.”

Rapinoe had been  asked by Eight by Eight magazine  if she was looking forward to making the trip, which was met with an audible scoff.

That emphatic answer backs up what Rapinoe said before the tournament, that she would “absolutely not” attend a White House celebration in the event of a World Cup win. Fellow USWNT star Alex Morgan also said she would not attend.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

USWNT defender Ali Krieger issued a strong rebuke to President Donald Trump after he  tweeted about teammate Megan Rapinoe  on Wednesday.

"In regards to the 'President's' tweet today, I know women who you cannot control or grope anger you, but I stand by (Rapinoe) & will sit this one out as well," Krieger wrote.

"I don't support this administration nor their fight against LGBTQ+ citizens, immigrants & our most vulnerable."

On Wednesday morning, Trump sent several critical tweets about Rapinoe, who had previously said she wouldn't visit the White House if the U.S. won the World Cup. Trump wrote, in part: "Megan should never disrespect our Country, the White House, or our Flag, especially since so much has been done for her & the team. Be proud of the Flag that you wear."

Trump added that while  he hadn't officially invited the team  to the White House, he was extending that invitation Wednesday: "I am a big fan of the American Team, and Women’s Soccer, but Megan should WIN first before she TALKS! Finish the job! We haven’t yet invited Megan or the team, but I am now inviting the TEAM, win or lose.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    5 years ago

Trump is right.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

It is indeed a huge embarrassment to my home city of Redding, Jefferson that she was raised here.  Also that our city had named the street our state of the art soccer park is named for her. Trump beat Hillary here by 62% to 29%.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

No NBA or WNBA champion has visited the White House during the Trump administration, and the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles  also had their invitation rescinded  after it became clear most of the team’s players would be skipping the event. This year’s NBA champion Toronto Raptors  seem set to continue the trend .

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

Good, saves the tax payers money on something that is nothing more than an over priced photo op. 

Hope they continue that policy forever, no matter which party occupies the White House.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    5 years ago

hi-res-57c3760e9292c34ef37c8d9abf3b2ae6_crop_north.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.1    5 years ago

What is that supposed to prove? That Obama loved wasting tax payer money for a photo op?

Talk about missing the point completely.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.2    5 years ago

It proves that these women were very happy to meet President Obama.  

I'm sure there was an excellent meal also and not fast food.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.3    5 years ago
It proves that these women were very happy to meet President Obama. 

No, it proves Obama loves wasting tax payer money on a photo op. Nothing more.

Unlike you I would say the same about any president, no matter their political affiliation.

I'm sure there was an excellent meal also and not fast food.  

I am sure it was all on the tax payer's dime as well for Obama. Whereas Trump paid for his.

In the midst of   the longest partial government shutdown in U.S. history , Trump welcomed   coach Dabo Swinney ,   quarterback Trevor Lawrence   and 75 other players with stacks of burgers from McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's, among other assorted fast food.

Press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement that Trump covered the cost of the food because "the Democrats refuse to negotiate on border security" and "much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed."

"I had a choice," Trump said. "Do we have no food for you? ... Or do we give you some little quick salads that the First Lady will make, along with the Second Lady — they'll make some salads.

"(No), I said, you guys aren't into salads."

Though the White House did not initially detail the amount of fast food and   its costs , Trump said he ordered "about 1,000 hamburgers" for the group. He believed the football players would enjoy the meal because they have some "very large people that like eating."

I wish all athletes would boycott going to the WH whenever invited. No matter who is in charge. Consider it a break for the US tax payer.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.4    5 years ago
'Unlike you I would say the same about any president, no matter their political affiliation.'

Sure you would!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.4    5 years ago

'In the midst of  the longest partial government shutdown in U.S. history , Trump welcomed  coach Dabo Swinney quarterback Trevor Lawrence  and 75 other players with stacks of burgers from McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's, among other assorted fast food.

Press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement that Trump covered the cost of the food because "the Democrats refuse to negotiate on border security" and "much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed."

"I had a choice," Trump said. "Do we have no food for you? ... Or do we give you some little quick salads that the First Lady will make, along with the Second Lady — they'll make some salads.

"(No), I said, you guys aren't into salads."

That shutdown was thanks to the turd in chief.  

So Rump paid for fast food for athletes?

What a chump.

I'm sure we paid for that too.  

You can rest assured no money comes out of that charlatan's pocket for anyone but his bloated fat corpulent self.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.7  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.4    5 years ago

Yum, cold fast food - a meal fit for a champion.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.8  Dulay  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.4    5 years ago

I find is hilarious that Trump's sycophants actually believe that there was no chef or butler during the shutdown and that Melania and Karen set the table with burgers, pizza and fries. 

Oh and BTFW, Trump is ALWAYS responsible for paying for meals consumed by himself and his guests @ events other than state dinners. Trump sycophants love to be played. 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Ender  replied to  Dulay @2.1.8    5 years ago

Yep. I wouldn't want some crappy fast food burger.

I also noticed the chauvinistic jab as well, having his wife and second first lady make a salad...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Good for them!!!!!

Winners don't want to meet with losers like this shitstain of a 'president'.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Billionaire?

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

PJ
Masters Quiet
5  PJ    5 years ago

I think it was incredibly nice that she delivered her message by speaking the language of the President and his supporters. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.1  luther28  replied to  PJ @5    5 years ago

She may have had to speak their language to insure it would be understood. Good for her.

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.1.1  PJ  replied to  luther28 @5.1    5 years ago

exactly.  I just wish she had thrown in a "pussy grab" here and there so that they would feel right at home.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Seems like the only people the turd can draw to the white trash house are Kim Kartrashian (famous for a fuck tape) and Kanye West (needs to take his medications) and losers like that scumbag Ted shitshispants Nugent and loser Kid Rock.  

How pathetic.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7  Sparty On    5 years ago

She better get her shots in while she can.   Like her soulmate Kaepernick, she'll be irrelevant soon

Maybe they can be buddies in Irrelevantville.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7.1  Sunshine  replied to  Sparty On @7    5 years ago

I would think she would like young girls to look up to her and her success.  Now all she will be known for is her swearing and disrespecting the country she represents.  We can fight for change without being an ass and vulgar.  She seems to condemn it from others and then acts in the same manner.

Pot meet kettle. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Sunshine @7.1    5 years ago

One has to consider the source.

She appears to be a very angry woman.

Perhaps she has good reason to be but it isn't doing her any good.   Not in the long run.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.1    5 years ago

Angry?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.2    5 years ago

Clearly she is..

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.2    5 years ago

She says what she means. I guess that makes her an "angry woman".

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.1.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sunshine @7.1    5 years ago
Now all she will be known for is her swearing and disrespecting the country she represents

Or kicking some serious ass at her sports highest level. Who cares if she isn't going to waste her time with some fuck head who has spent his life shitting on marginalized groups like herself. Fuck Trump, go USWNT.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.1.7  Thrawn 31  replied to    5 years ago

And can fuck you up in any sport. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
7.1.8  PJ  replied to    5 years ago
for a woman.

Yes, we're quite aware of what you and your president think of women.....second class citizens and not as important as men.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.1.9  Jack_TX  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.4    5 years ago
She says what she means. I guess that makes her an "angry woman".

Well...get ready to strangle.... :)

When what she means is clearly very angry....yes....that makes her an "angry woman".

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.1.10  Jack_TX  replied to  PJ @7.1.8    5 years ago
Yes, we're quite aware of what you and your president think of women.....second class citizens and not as important as men.

Sorry to rain on this steaming great pile of irrational bullshit, but the gulf in quality between male and female athletes is a matter of established fact, irrefutable economics, and is codified in US law.

That's not MUVA...or Trump...or any mean ol' conservative.  It's not a "war on women", an "equal rights issue" or any other such melodramatic nonsense.

If Megan Rapinoe was as good as the men in her sport, she would be playing for the Sounders in front of 40,000 people instead of for the Reign in front of 4000 people.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @7    5 years ago
Irrelevant?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @7.2    5 years ago
Very relevant.   The truth hurts the most, to those who can not accept it

To Megan Rapinoe ....... you're headed on down to to Irrelevantville ..... joining your buddy Kaepernick.

Enjoy!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @7.2.1    5 years ago

No, she's not.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.2    5 years ago

[delete.]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @7.2.3    5 years ago

Removed for context

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.5  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @7.2.4    5 years ago

Removed for context

pat wilson
Professor Participates
7.2.6  pat wilson  replied to  Sparty On @7.2.1    5 years ago

Irrelevantville (sic) ..... joining your buddy Kaepernick.

But you just brought him up. He's clearly relevant to you. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  pat wilson @7.2.6    5 years ago

Nah, only when the topic of “relevance” comes up.    Which he is not.     He’s just a washed up former NFL Qb who tried to remain relevant by being controversial.

Now Megan isn’t far behind she’s ..... headed on down to irrelevantsville ......

Jim of the Great Northwoods
Freshman Silent
8  Jim of the Great Northwoods    5 years ago

No need to visit the White House.

I'd imagine one can get cold fast food anywhere

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
8.1  Sunshine  replied to  Jim of the Great Northwoods @8    5 years ago

I imagine she won't be missed from the visit as much as she believes she will.

Jim of the Great Northwoods
Freshman Silent
8.1.1  Jim of the Great Northwoods  replied to  Sunshine @8.1    5 years ago

The point was, the WH has some of the best chefs in the nation yet he feeds his his "honored" guests some greasy fast food. Zero class.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sunshine @8.1    5 years ago

Meh, why would she insult herself by going? Visiting the WH these days it taking oneself down a peg. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    5 years ago

Seems a little early to be contemplating this. They haven't won the thing yet.

If they are invited, I think they should all go, but I say that for every team. You don't have to agree with the president or even like him, but it's not about him. It's about the athletes being honored where all of America will see. It promotes the sport and the players. This is particularly true with anything that isn't one of the major professional sports. 

For years afterward, these athletes will do clinics and give speeches promoting the sport and getting kids (in this case, young girls) excited about playing the sport and where it could take them. They'll be able to flash pictures of their team being honored at the White House. The kids won't give a shit about the politics of who the president was. They'll just be pumped that they could maybe a small part of something that exciting.

Or you could pissy and selfish and blow it off. You know, it's a free country and all.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @9    5 years ago

Funny how the turd in chief makes everything about him, no matter what the subject.  

I don't think young girls will give a shit about pictures of being honored at the now White Trash House by this shitstain of a 'president'

I'm sure young girls don't look to this 'president' as a role model or this 'first lady'.  BE BEST

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @9    5 years ago
but it's not about him.

For Trump, it is ALWAYS about him, full stop. He makes everything about him. He loves being around accomplished people because it makes him feel like less of a piece of shit, as if basking in their success somehow diminishes his failure.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9.3    5 years ago
For Trump, it is ALWAYS about him, full stop.

Who cares what he thinks? He didn't invent inviting athletes to the White House and he won't be the last to do it. But yeah, if you want to define who you are and what you do based on what you imagine Donald Trump is thinking . . . then I guess you stay home. Seems pretty lame to me.

Seems to me it's the protesting, boycotting athletes who are the ones making it all about Trump.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.3.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @9.3.1    5 years ago
But yeah, if you want to define who you are and what you do based on what you imagine Donald Trump is thinking

It isn't imagined, it is self evident. You have to be mentally retarded to not see that Trump is one of the most insecure people to ever live. He knows he sucks. He knows he is mentally and physically at the end of the pack (if his daddy wasn't rich he would be an incel and he already kind of is). He knows that the only reason he has been "successful" is because his lawyers and accountants have worked miracles to correct his every move. It is evident in the way he talks. 

Seems to me it's the protesting, boycotting athletes who are the ones making it all about Trump.

Except she started before he was president, but yeah, surre. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.3.3  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9.3.2    5 years ago
It isn't imagined, it is self evident.

Again, who cares? So what? That changes nothing about anything I have said. 

You have to be mentally retarded to not see that Trump is one of the most insecure people to ever live.

Again! So what? You let the mentally retarded determine who you are and what you do? What a horrible existence!

she started before he was president

So she wouldn't go to the White House no matter who was president?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

'Perhaps not. But when the circumstances are explained; that you should stand up for what you believe, that you use your platform to expose injustice, and that you are willing to do so knowing you will face opposition of the most ugly kind is a life lesson of far greater importance than the athletic accomplishment.'

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_24_smiley_image.gif

freepress
Freshman Silent
11  freepress    5 years ago

She can buy her own fast food, why bother going when it's just going to be cold McDonalds served on silver platters. The fact that fast food being served is the highest level of disrespect to any accomplished athlete no matter what the sport.

And with Pence and Trump hostile to any LGBQT person, it is totally appropriate to say no to this administration.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
13  Jack_TX    5 years ago

I sometimes wonder when some of these young folks will understand there is more power in a meeting than a protest.

Go to the WH.  Get on camera.  Ask the president for a commitment to protect the rights of gay people.  Then every time he doesn't do that, remind all of Twitter about his promise.

If he won't promise, announce to all of Twitter that he refused.

That's power.  

If she pouts and "protests", she'll be forgotten in 48 hours.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @13    5 years ago

She's not pouting though you have some great ideas there.

Doubt she'll be forgotten in 48 hours

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
13.1.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Tessylo @13.1    5 years ago
Doubt she'll be forgotten in 48 hours

If they win, she'll still be one of 23 people on the roster (assuming the women's WC is the same as the men's).

She plays a sport that most Americans care very little about, and she plays it in the women's division, which most Americans also don't care about.  

She's also going to join a looooong line of people boycotting WH visits, and most of those people are much better known and more followed than she is.

She's not pouting

If she's not pouting, what would you call it?  Serious question, because all I see is immaturity flushing a golden opportunity down the toilet.

"I'm not going to the fucking WH" is the language of a petulant teenager.  Refusing to go because you don't like the people you'll meet there is like avoiding a HS party because the cool kids aren't going to be there.  Seriously?  She needs to grow up.

If there is really some cause here and Donald Trump is that big a villain, go confront him in his own lair.  Grow a spine, act like a full-fledged grown up and use some of the influence celebrity provides.

If she refuses to go, all she becomes is a Kaepernick wannabe.  A completely unoriginal follower of another petulant, immature athlete....which is really stupid because he flushed the biggest opportunity in American history.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
13.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Jack_TX @13.1.1    5 years ago
If she's not pouting, what would you call it? 

Giving a middle finger? Since when is saying "fuck that" pouting? 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
13.1.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  Release The Kraken @13.1.3    5 years ago

That too lol. That finger has several valuable uses.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
13.1.5  Jack_TX  replied to  Thrawn 31 @13.1.2    5 years ago
Giving a middle finger?

Well....that's still kind of a punk kid thing...  Adults don't handle serious matters that way.

Since when is saying "fuck that" pouting? 

Depends on what she's saying "fuck that" to, but pretty much since always.

This is something that she would be honored to do under almost any other circumstances.  It's also something the rest of the country would love to see.  Any time a national team wins it's special, because we're ALL cheering for them, not just the hometown fans.

So she's passing on this activity that is considered an honor because Trump says mean things.  Sorry...that's just pouting.  She may as well be in junior high school argument where she says "tell Donald I'm not talking to him".

Split Personality
Professor Guide
14  Split Personality    5 years ago

Megan Rapinoe just scored her 4h and 5th goals of the World Cup.

US leads France 2-0 at the 69' minute mark.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
14.1  Split Personality  replied to  Split Personality @14    5 years ago

3rd US goal was disallowed for a player off sides

France scored on a header off of a free kick.

2-1 US

89'

Split Personality
Professor Guide
15  Split Personality    5 years ago

5 minutes of stoppage time added.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
15.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Split Personality @15    5 years ago

Thanks for the updates

Split Personality
Professor Guide
15.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @15.1    5 years ago

France 1, US 2

France is out of the Cup

USA vs England Monday, semi final

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
16  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

I wouldn't waste my time either if I were her.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
17  Snuffy    5 years ago

I think that it's a shame that political tribalism has gotten us to this point.

They should be invited to the White House, to be honored and celebrated to the citizens of the USA. What they have been doing is incredible and a testimony to the skill and dedication and hard work they have put in to form this team. And IMO they should accept the invitation. This would be a time to honor all that they have done in front of the nation that they represent. This should be a time to respect what this team has done and to respect the office of the presidency.

Instead we have divided tribalism, name calling, political theater and people on both sides acting like dicks. What a shame.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
17.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Snuffy @17    5 years ago
And IMO they should accept the invitation.

Why? Why accept an invitation from someone whom you do not support and on most issues completely disagree with (not to mention that that person will try to somehow pretend that they are partially responsible for your achievement). Why even give the impression that you are on their side and allow that asshole to co-opt your image? 

This should be a time to respect what this team has done and to respect the office of the presidency.

I am perfectly capable of supporting the USWNT and shitting on Trump at the same time. The two are not mutually exclusive and frankly he has made it hard to respect the office of the presidency anymore at this point. I mean, really, if a guy like him can be president then is it really worth respecting? 

If a serial liar, con man, epic business failure, and likely rapist can be the president then why even pretend the office is deserving of respect? My respect for the office disappeared with the election of the current fat ass in chief. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
17.1.1  PJ  replied to  Thrawn 31 @17.1    5 years ago

It's amazing to me how some can pretend to be oblivious to how the country got to where we are when they've created this divisive hate and racist environment by supporting this administration and this president and held them to absolutely no accountability.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
17.1.3  PJ  replied to    5 years ago

Yes to everything you mentioned. 

I have lost faith in those people.  I cannot even bring myself to view them as fellow Americans.  Their indifference to everything the president and administration does is going to be the downfall of the country.  They have put into motion by their negligence a situation that demands a response leading to irreversible damage to our democracy. 

I am so angry that I welcome the destruction because I know it will have horrible consequences for them also. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ @17.1.3    5 years ago

PJ, do you mean you are not impressed that Trump said today that Putin is "a great guy" and "a terrific person" ? 

PJ
Masters Quiet
17.1.6  PJ  replied to  JohnRussell @17.1.5    5 years ago
PJ, do you mean you are not impressed that Trump said today that Putin is "a great guy" and "a terrific person" ? 

More importantly, I'm not surprised.  This reeks of compromised target. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
17.1.7  PJ  replied to    5 years ago

I always vote.  I've already switched my affiliation so I can invoke the most damage at the voting booth.

Sometimes the best way to get your message across is to speak the language of the natives.  It's apparent that trump supporters only understand gutter talk and angry retorts.  And I want to be sure they can clearly comprehend what I think of them and their president.

PJ
Masters Quiet
17.1.9  PJ  replied to  Release The Kraken @17.1.8    5 years ago

There may have been a time in which your comments would amuse or irritate me.   

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
17.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Snuffy @17    5 years ago
They should be invited to the White House, to be honored and celebrated to the citizens of the USA

But they were invited by a President that does not honor and celebrate all the citizens of the USA. This President is the divider-in-chief and has only further driven a wedge between sane Americans and the rabid right minority which encompasses his base. That's why any American with even a smidgen of self respect is declining any invite to this joke of an administration.

PJ
Masters Quiet
17.2.1  PJ  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.2    5 years ago

Don't waste your time trying to explain the reality of the situation. 

They don't care.  They're quite happy that this administration and president are trying to marginalize everyone but the old white man.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
17.2.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.2    5 years ago
But they were invited by a President that does not honor and celebrate all the citizens of the USA.

Arguably he does not "honor and celebrate" any citizens of the USA.  Is it really the president's job to manage everybody's "feelings"?  I'm not sure why people can't manage that on their own.

This President is the divider-in-chief and has only further driven a wedge between sane Americans and the rabid right minority which encompasses his base.

Don't forget the rabid left minority, who have lost all pretense of sanity and pretend it's justified because of something they saw on Twitter.  Seriously, these people are turning "winning the World Cup" into a divisive issue.  That's some serious, professional level batshit insanity.

That's why any American with even a smidgen of self respect is declining any invite to this joke of an administration.

Or....in the "put your feelings back in your pocket, act like a fuckin' grown up and get something accomplished" world....they could go to the WH and ask POTUS on camera for his commitment to support the rights of women/lesbians/goalies/gingers/whatevergrouptheywant and then hold that over his head for as long as he's in office.  "Mr. President...you promised..."

Meetings are more effective than protests, and a protest without a stated, measurable objective is a "tantrum".  If Colin Kaepernick had just picked up the phone, we'd all be talking about a reduction in police violence by now.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
17.2.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Jack_TX @17.2.3    5 years ago
act like a fuckin' grown up and get something accomplished" world...

Well that's certainly not the world Donald Trump or his supporters live in. This incompetent man-baby and his enablers are the epitome of childish schoolyard bully's which is why its so important not to give in to their petty demands. We have a huge problem with fucking stupid poorly educated morons who imagine themselves smart just like their half-wit dear Leader Donald who couldn't think himself out of a wet paper bag. The only accomplishment this President has achieved so far is to make us a laughing stock around the world.

PJ
Masters Quiet
17.2.5  PJ  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.2.4    5 years ago

Amen!  It would be funny if it was so tragic and devastating to the country.   

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
17.2.6  Jack_TX  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.2.4    5 years ago
Well that's certainly not the world Donald Trump or his supporters live in.

So why the hysteria surrounding him, then?  Serious question.  If all he does is talk and tweet, why does everybody go so crazy?

This incompetent man-baby and his enablers are the epitome of childish schoolyard bully's which is why its so important not to give in to their petty demands.

Meh.  We could say the same thing about Bernie Sanders.  

We have a huge problem with fucking stupid poorly educated morons who imagine themselves smart just like their half-wit dear Leader Donald who couldn't think himself out of a wet paper bag.

Again...we could say that about Bernie.

The only accomplishment this President has achieved so far is to make us a laughing stock around the world.

We got tax reform.  Part of which we needed, part of which we didn't.  Frankly, I don't care what people in other countries think of us.  They have their own issues, just like we have ours.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
17.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Snuffy @17    5 years ago

Well said.

Everybody involved should show a little class.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
17.3.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Release The Kraken @17.3.1    5 years ago
It really doesn't matter, next world cup we are replacing the entire women's team with biological males who identify as female.

You joke.... but it's a matter of time.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
17.3.4  Thrawn 31  replied to  Jack_TX @17.3    5 years ago

And yet you support Trump, the most classless sack of tampons on planet Earth. [Deleted]

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
17.3.5  Jack_TX  replied to  Thrawn 31 @17.3.4    5 years ago
And yet you support Trump, the most classless sack of tampons on planet Earth. 

Do cite me supporting Trump.  Or 

Removed for context - s

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
17.3.6  Thrawn 31  replied to  Jack_TX @17.3.5    5 years ago

Ah, so you oppose president Trump then? 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
17.3.7  Jack_TX  replied to  Thrawn 31 @17.3.6    5 years ago
Ah, so you oppose president Trump then? 

On some things, absolutely. On others, meh.  On still some others, nah, I kinda agree.  I can give you examples of each if you care.

Personally, I can't stand him.  I just don't get hysterical about it.