╌>

Two Women Have Told The New York Times That E Jean Carroll Told Them Of Trump Rape Of Her When It Happened

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  138 comments

Two Women Have Told The New York Times That E Jean Carroll Told Them Of Trump Rape Of Her When It Happened

Two women who were friends of E Jean Carroll in the 1990's have spoken to a NYT podcast and told the paper that E Jean Carroll told them at the time it happened that Trump had sexually assaulted her. One of them says she was called on the phone by Carroll minutes after the incident happened. 

Their account can be heard on today's episode of the New York Times podcast, The Daily. 

https://tunein.com/podcasts/News--Politics-Podcasts/The-Daily-p952868/?topicId=131974509

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I think they should see if these women will agree to a polygraph. If they pass,  a thorough investigation of Trump should be pursued. 

I dont think it is implausible that Carroll is telling the truth, particularly with the additional corroboration from these other people. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
I think they should see if these women will agree to a polygraph. If they pass,  a thorough investigation of Trump should be pursued.

No need for polygraphs, sexual assault investigations have been started with much less.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1    5 years ago

So has the woman filed a police complaint yet? I am kind of sure she could have found the time in the last 20-23 years or so.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    5 years ago

Not to mention that the two alleged women were not actual witnesses, thus relegating anything they might have to say to hearsay testimony only. Not too sure how that would hold up in a court of law.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.2    5 years ago

When it comes to sexual assault and rape - I believe when hearsay witnesses are involved, it is different, wouldn't be able to press charges because the statute of limitations have run out, but it would be included along with all the other mounting evidence against the turd.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.3    5 years ago

That is the problem, There IS no mounting evidence.

If there was any real evidence, someone here would have posted it one of the many times I have asked for it.

Since they haven't, it must not exist.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

The writer E. Jean Carroll came forward last week with explosive accusations that Donald Trump sexually assaulted her in the 1990s. Today, the two women she privately confided in after the alleged attack discuss it publicly for the first time with our colleague.

On today’s episode:

Megan Twohey, an investigative reporter for The New York Times, spoke with Ms. Carroll, Lisa Birnbach and Carol Martin.

===================================

The New York Times show describes this as the most serious allegation of sexual misconduct yet made against Trump. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
2.1  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

Jean Carroll is lying

1 Bergdorf Goodman was a run down store then

2 the lingerie was not on the 7th floor back then as she claims. It was a small section of the 2nd floor

3the idea that Trump would be there, much less force his way into a fitting room with door locks and rape someone is ludicrous

“There's also the details about the lingerie department, which, Carroll says, was probably with the evening gowns and bathing suits. I don't even remember a lingerie department in those years. I bought pretty much everything from Bergdorf - the designer stuff on sale on the 6th floor (man, did I score on the Donna Karan!), and lots of clothes and shoes from the young women's department on the fifth floor, always looking at the sale racks first for bargains. I bought baby clothes on the 6th floor for friends and relatives with new babies (how I loved sending those Bergdorf packages, exquisitely packed, with really fancy baby dresses!) and I bought beautiful notebooks and vases and fancy candies on the 7th floor. But lingerie? The idea that it would be packed with evening gowns and bathing suits sounds like a Macys department store set-up, not a Bergdorf's one. I had to look it up. Sure enough, this retail history shows that the lingerie department barely existed at the time, it was on the 2nd floor with the men's wear. And it was insignificant. A barely there lingerie department for shopping for lingerie? Why would Trump pick such a place to shop for lingerie when there were so many other competitors with far bigger selections, starting with Saks down the street? (Which would have been about as close to Trump Tower (built 1983) as Bergdorf's.) 

Next up, the security cameras. Lots of attention on that. One thing is pretty sure though: 1996 was one of the last pre-Internet era years out there, and IP security cameras seen now only came on the market in 1996. Would down-at-the-heels dowdy Bergdorf's have been the first customer? No wonder Bergdorf's has no images as Carroll cites - whatever they would have had would have been nearly worthless, and the nearly useless data very bulky and hard to store. More history of the use of security cameras, particularly on the 'prevent shoplifting' angle (which would have been likely used in more mass market department stores, not Bergdorf's with its locked dressing room doors) is worth looking into. I doubt Bergdorf's had much of any of that.”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1    5 years ago

Oh, now I'm convinced she's lyingjrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1    5 years ago

American Stinker is your source?

That's not worth a shit as a source.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1    5 years ago

This ridiculous passage is in the link you gave

I find it hard to believe. Carroll does name a long string of men who abused her one way or another, and some of them are #metoo poster boys, such as Les Moonves. It's easy to believe a story about him groping her in an elevator, because he did this sort of thing to so many others. Charges against Moonves have been substantiated. Trump's a different story, though. He's also been accused of sexual misbehavior, often just bad talk, not acts, but there's never been any substantiation.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    5 years ago

17-20 women have accused Trump, not of "bad talk", but of bad action. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
2.1.5  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.2    5 years ago

It’s just as credible as msnbc or cnn which have no credibility.

the article provided someone’s personal knowledge of the store where this phony rape accusation is supposed to have occurred 

prove their information is wrong

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1    5 years ago
Jean Carroll is lying

Trump said that he has never met her and doesn't know who she is....

Weird that there is a photo of them together.

Trump is lying.....yet again. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.6    5 years ago

Perhaps, but if you remember EVERY person you've ever met at a party or get together from 20+ years ago, you are a better man than i.   That and several hours after Trump said he never met her this picture from over 20 years ago magically shows up?

Something smells rotten in Denmark to me.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.8  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.7    5 years ago

So you just gave a perfectly good reason why Trump might have met her despite denying it - even assuming with his greatest memory ever that he wasn't just lying.

And perhaps the picture showed up because he said he hadn't met her - if he had admitted meeting her, there would have been no reason for the picture to have shown up?

Why does that smell rotten? It makes perfect sense.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @2.1.8    5 years ago
So you just gave a perfectly good reason why Trump might have met her despite denying it

And what is that?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1.5    5 years ago
'prove their information is wrong'

Nope, it's on you to prove they are correct pastor.  Which they are not.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.12  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.7    5 years ago
Perhaps, but if you remember EVERY person you've ever met at a party or get together from 20+ years ago, you are a better man than i.  

Fair enough... In any case, time for me to get something accomplished today. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
2.1.13  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.10    5 years ago

Wrong. In this country the responsibility falls upon accusers to prove their accusation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1.13    5 years ago
Wrong. In this country the responsibility falls upon accusers to prove their accusation.

I bet she believes that for everyone but  Trump

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1.13    5 years ago

Wrong.  Your source/you said they lied.  It's on you/your source to prove it

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1.16  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1.5    5 years ago
the article provided someone’s personal knowledge of the store where this phony rape accusation is supposed to have occurred  prove their information is wrong

A simple google search of Bergdorf Goodman/Neiman Marcus will provide you with plenty of proof as to exactly how full of crappola the author is.  

The author also misrepresented the details given by Ms. Carroll in recent interviews.  To be more specific, Trump asked for her help in finding a gift for a girlfriend.  Ms. Carroll, who admits to being quite smitten and in awe of Trump back then, took him to the hat section and then the purse section.  Trump brought up the trip to the lingerie department.  Although she may have been thinking, "How great is this!  I'm hanging out with Donald Trump!", she had no idea what was about to happen, nor could she have predicted it.

Regardless of how the encounter started, it ended with a sexual assault.  It doesn't help Trump's denials that he has bragged openly about sexually assaulting women.  In fact, the Inside Edition tape could have been describing the dressing room encounter with Ms. Carroll.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.15    5 years ago
Wrong. Your source/you said they lied. It's on you/your source to prove it

That is freaking hilarious.

The woman made an accusation of rape against the President, and you don't expect HER to prove it, but then demand that someone else prove something?

How hypocritical.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.18  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.9    5 years ago
And what is that?

Because you basically said that it's unlikely anyone would remember everyone they met at a party 20 years ago. So clearly he could have met her and forgotten ... or else he could be lying, which fits his M.O. (especially since he has the greatest memory of anyone, ever).

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @2.1.18    5 years ago

Spin your yarn .... i'm simply saying most people WOULD NOT remember EVERYONE they met decades ago.   It's not unreasonable to think that he could have forgotten her no matter how hard you try to spin it.

Did he?   Only he and God know for sure.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.19    5 years ago
Spin your yarn .... i'm simply saying most people WOULD NOT remember EVERYONE they met decades ago. It's not unreasonable to think that he could have forgotten her no matter how hard you try to spin it.
Did he? Only he and God know for sure.

The whole premise is rather bizarre.

I have met thousands of people during my career. Bet I couldn't name more than a hundred of them, and probably couldn't recognize even 300 of them.

Highly doubtful I could remember someone I met ONE time 20-something years ago.

Just another in a list of excuses because they simply have no proof whatsoever that Trump raped her. I know, because I have asked multiple times for that proof, and all I get is deflection or crap or ignored.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.20    5 years ago

Yeah, it's just based on hatred for Trump.   Nothing more, nothing less.

Did you watch her interview with Anderson Cooper.  jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

I'm actually surprised CNN let it air.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1.22  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.19    5 years ago

What yarn? I'm pointing out that you provided a good reason why he could have met her.  I happen to agree with you that most people don't remember everyone they ever met.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.23  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.21    5 years ago

Donald Trump told the world he likes to grab the pussies of women he has just met or barely knows. On the bus with Billy Bush Trump was fantasizing about walking up and kissing on the mouth the woman who had been sent ,by the organization staging the event, to meet Trump's bus. 

Trump has SAID he likes to grab womens pussies , strangers or virtual strangers.  Thus it is NOT far fetched that he could have molested a woman in a store dressing room.  I don't think we will see "proof" it happened, but the corroboration of the two friends of Carroll helps her case. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.21    5 years ago

She is just a little strange.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.25  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.23    5 years ago

That has absolutely nothing to do with if he met her or not nor is on topic for that matter.

You know John.   For a guy who is quick to point out off topic posts you sure like to go off the reservation in you own threads.   Is that because you know "off topic" can't be reported in your own threads or because you are just a huge hypocrite?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.26  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.25    5 years ago
That has absolutely nothing to do with if he met her or not nor is on topic for that matter. You know John.   For a guy who is quick to point out off topic posts you sure like to go off the reservation in you own threads.   Is that because you know "off topic" can't be reported in your own threads or because you are just a huge hypocrite?

Your reply is a rather blatant example of commenting incompetence. 

When the accused publicly proclaims that he likes to engage in a certain behavior, and that is the type of behavior he is then accused of,   you actually think it is "off topic" to point that out?  Holy Smoly!

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
2.1.27  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.23    5 years ago

Trump is known to brag about things he’s never done. There is ZERO evidence he’s ever done those things

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.28  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  livefreeordie @2.1.27    5 years ago
Trump is known to brag about things he’s never done.

That you're using the fact that Trump is a known liar as a defense so you can keep on supporting him in the face of so many accusations is just really, really sad.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.29  Snuffy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.28    5 years ago

Well it does seem like there's a group of people who accept what he says as truth if it can make him look bad while rejecting what he says as false if it paints him in good color.

Myself I tend to try to take all that with a grain of salt because I was not there so I do not know the exact truth. Instead I will take his actions and how they impact me (because that's the only real truth we know, how something impacts us). I can have empathy for other people but I do not know exactly how it is impacting them so I cannot take it as gospel truth.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2    5 years ago

Was she swabbed for DNA evidence?

If not, why not?

Were these friends of her's witnesses to the alleged attack?

She's no more credible than Kavanaugh's accusers.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2    5 years ago
She's no more credible than Kavanaugh's accusers

You and people like you are the very reason many women choose not to report their sexual assaults.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.1    5 years ago
You and people like you are the very reason many women choose not to report their sexual assaults.

Maybe because we have seen this play out before--especially in politics.

Accuse someone of something decades later, without any proof.

Get mad at anyone asking for proof.

Phffft.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.1    5 years ago

If they choose not to report them, I find it interesting that she waited until now to do it.  For full impact, she should have waited until a couple months before the election.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.2.1    5 years ago
'You and people like you are the very reason many women choose not to report their sexual assaults.'

Yup, the victim blamers and shamers.  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.2.5  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.2    5 years ago

Somehow I'd bet that you had no problem believing Clinton's accusers.  It's all a partisan game for too many people.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @2.2.5    5 years ago
Somehow I'd bet that you had no problem believing Clinton's accusers. It's all a partisan game for too many people.

I'll gladly take your money on that bet. Just send it to me, okay?

I hate it when crap like this happens DECADES later when no proof other than he said/she said is offered. I consider it bullshit. Doesn't matter if the accused is Democrat, Republican, or pink with purple polka dots.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.4    5 years ago

Show your evidence that Carroll is a "victim". 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2.7    5 years ago

See, that is the thing.

They simply HAVE no evidence.

I have asked repeatedly, and NOTHING from them in the way of evidence, and yet, some folks STILL believe it because they hate Trump.

That is as simple as it gets--believe anything bad about Trump--whether it is true or not.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.10  Jasper2529  replied to    5 years ago

Since hearsay isn't evidence, there aren't any victims, blamers, or shamers.

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    5 years ago

Sexual predators are irredeemable. Just sayin...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JBB @3    5 years ago

Trump told Billy Bush that if you're famous they (women) let you do anything. I think he actually believes that and has acted on that impulse more than once or twice. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago

Trump’s third response to assault allegation is arguably his worst

06/25/19 08:00 AM UPDATED   06/25/19 02:34 PM

The public learned on Friday about new   sexual-assault allegations   E. Jean Carroll, a longtime writer and media figure, raised against Donald Trump. Her account,   published   as a book excerpt in   New York  magazine, described an alleged incident in a department store in the mid-1990s in which the future president attacked her in a dressing room.

Carroll said she told two friends about the alleged incident at the time, both of whom are journalists the writer did not identify by name. She’s the latest in   a series of women   who’ve accused Trump of misconduct.

As we’ve   discussed , the president issued a written response on Friday afternoon, claiming he’s never met Carroll. The   New York   magazine article, however, included a photograph of the two interacting at an event years before the alleged attack.

His   second response   came a day later, during a brief Q&A with reporters, when Trump again said he has “no idea who this woman is,” before sharing details about Carroll’s background. He proceeded to dismiss the relevance of the photograph, before comparing himself to Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, which   wasn’t exactly helpful .

All of which set the stage for   Response #3 .

President Trump said Monday that writer E. Jean Carroll was “totally lying” when she recently accused him of raping her during an encounter in a New York department store in the mid-1990s.

In an exclusive interview with The Hill, the president vehemently denied the allegations just hours after Carroll detailed the alleged incident during a cable news interview.

“I’ll say it with great respect: Number one, she’s not my type. Number two, it never happened. It never happened, OK?” the president said while seated behind the Resolute Desk in the Oval Office.

The president’s “not my type” rhetoric made it sound as if he doesn’t consider Carroll attractive enough to attack.

And while that’s obviously indefensible, it’s also painfully familiar.   This report , published just a few weeks before Election Day 2016, comes to mind.

Trump went further to say he’d never met these people, despite one of the accusers, Natasha Stoynoff, having done an in-person interview with Trump and his wife Melania early in their marriage. Trump flatly called Stoynoff “a liar” and directed the crowd to “check out her Facebook page – you’ll understand.”

Trump said another accuser, Jessica Leeds, who alleges Trump groped her on an airplane thirty years ago, “Would not be his first choice.”

“When you looked at that horrible woman last night,” Trump said in an apparent reference to her appearance on CNN, “you said, I don’t think so, I don’t think so.”

As we   discussed   at the time, the not-so-subtle implication was that Trump doesn’t find one of his accusers physically attractive, so we shouldn’t believe her claims of sexual assault.

A controversy ensued at the time, though Trump apparently learned nothing from it.

Leeds reported that Rump - on a flight - flipped up the arm rest and grabbed her breast and put a hand up her skirt.  (Another pussy grab)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    5 years ago

So another couple of nutjobs have come out of the woodwork decades later to accuse the President of something without a scintilla of evidence.

Must be another day ending in a "y".

Yawn.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    5 years ago

What does it feel like to constantly defend a pathological liar? 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.3    5 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.3    5 years ago

I WOULDN'T KNOW.

What does it feel like to constantly attack your President and believe every scurrilous claim against him--even ones from DECADES ago without a scintilla of evidence?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.5    5 years ago
I WOULDN'T KNOW.

Sure you do. It's one of your daily activities here. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.4    5 years ago
'Just not sure if it is by choice or by paycheck.'

Hmmmmm.  Food for thought.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.6    5 years ago
Sure you do. It's one of your daily activities here.

Gee, John, then why did you even bother to ask if you are going to tell me what I feel?

Why waste your precious, valuable time asking something you claim to already know? That seems rather silly to me.

Why not answer MY questions, John?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.10  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.7    5 years ago

[deleted]

[Meta comments (comments about the site or its members) are always off-topic]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @3.1.11    5 years ago

I think you are confused as to what you think I 
"admitted"

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.1.13  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.10    5 years ago

Too bad he was not the President when this allegedly happened.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.1.13    5 years ago
'Too bad he was not the President when this allegedly happened.'

Which means what?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.14    5 years ago
Which means what?

Well, for one thing, had Trump been President, there would have been WITNESSES, as the President is guarded by SS.

Instead, we have a woman who can't remember when it allegedly happened--year or season-- and has absolutely no proof that ANYTHING ever even occurred.

And still, despite all the CLAIMS, no proof.

Phfft.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    5 years ago

......... Breaking news:

Two people come forward, to back up other person coming forward, with decades old accusation of President Trump.

In other news person coming forward with Trump accusations manages to creep out Anderson Cooper when interviewed.

News at 11:00 ......

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @5    5 years ago

One of these people was a NY city news anchorwoman and the other was a magazine writer. They are credible people. 

Newswoman Carol Martin

In the 1980s, Carol Martin was a fixture on the news broadcast of WCBS-TV in New York.

As a regular co-anchor on that newscast, she won two regional Emmy awards for her reporting.
Carol Martin has been involved in numerous media projects since leaving WCBS-TV, from hosting the syndicated talk show "Alive and Wellness" to running a production company producing video mementos for families and businesses.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    5 years ago
Newswoman Carol Martin

Credible?   Perhaps.  

Hopefully she interviews better than Carroll.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.1    5 years ago

The New York Times says they will have another story on these two women later today, so we'll see what happens. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    5 years ago

True, time will tell.   All i can say is that the timing of this is suspicious at best.  

The weaponization of decades old accusations in todays society is not a good thing.   And i'm not saying that only because this is against Trump.  

It's bad for everyone.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.3    5 years ago
All i can say is that the timing of this is suspicious at best.

What's so suspicious about it?  What would you consider a better time to be?  After he leaves office?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.4    5 years ago
What's so suspicious about it? What would you consider a better time to be? After he leaves office?

Oh, no, nothing suspicious about some claim decades old being brought up at the start of campaign season, without one scintilla of evidence.

Nope, nothing suspicious about that, no-sir-ee!

LMFAO!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.5    5 years ago

Are you saying that Lisa Birnbach and Carol Martin are liars? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.6    5 years ago
Are you saying that Lisa Birnbach and Carol Martin are liars?

Look at my post again.

Does it look like I stated that to you?

If you have evidence that Trump assaulted and raped the woman, please, please, please provide it.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.8  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.6    5 years ago

Yes

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.4    5 years ago
What would you consider a better time to be?

Perhaps the first time he ran for President?

Ya think?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.10  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.5    5 years ago
nothing suspicious about some claim decades old being brought up at the start of campaign season, without one scintilla of evidence.

Nothing suspicious about a man being accused of sexual assault or rape after having been credibly accused of sexual assault by at least 19 other women and who said himself on tape "You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."

What's really suspicious are the number of his supporters who seem to readily believe accusers of Democrats and immediately call for their removal even when there is no evidence other than the accusers accusation, but they just ignore the preponderance of evidence that has piled up against Donald Trump showing a clear pattern over the last forty years of, at best, adultery, secret affairs, sexual assault, sexual misconduct. At worst, we now have multiple accusations of rape against the President. Trump makes Bill Clinton look like a choir boy in comparison, and I didn't even vote for Bill because of the handful of accusations against him in the 1990's that I believed and the nearly two dozen Trump accusers are far more credible.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.10    5 years ago

The fact that this didn't come out sooner is suspicious.   No doubt about it.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.10    5 years ago
othing suspicious about a man being accused of sexual assault or rape after having been credibly accused of sexual assault by at least 19 other women

Credible?

because you say so?

Just like I told John, please, please, please show us any evidence you have that Trump raped anyone.

If all those women are so credible, surely you can come up with something?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.13  livefreeordie  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.10    5 years ago

All those accusers disappeared after Trump won.  No civil suits, no criminal actions

many were paid by the left to make those false allegations 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.14  Ronin2  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.9    5 years ago

Yes, but her book wasn't ready then. There were all of those other women- who have since disappeared- taking up the spot light. And most importantly Trump wasn't supposed to win! 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.14    5 years ago
And most importantly Trump wasn't supposed to win! 

Give that man a ceegar!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.16  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.13    5 years ago
many were paid by the left to make those false allegations

Prove it. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.17  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.9    5 years ago

Perhaps the first time he ran for President?

Ya think?

That was already done and the same accusations happened then.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.18  Ozzwald  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.13    5 years ago
All those accusers disappeared after Trump won.  No civil suits, no criminal actions

That statement is a lie.  There are still civil suits happening.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.18    5 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.20  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.17    5 years ago

Well unless i missed it back then ..... not hers.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.21  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.20    5 years ago
Well unless i missed it back then ..... not hers.

Really?  All those women came forward, and in response Trump paid for the 6 Clinton accusers to appear at the debate and sit in the front row.  You really don't remember that?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.22  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.13    5 years ago
All those accusers disappeared after Trump won.  No civil suits, no criminal actions many were paid by the left to make those false allegations 

None of them disappeared. None of them were paid to make any of the accusations. In most cases the statute of limitations had expired so they were unable to pursue civil or criminal action. I really can't imagine what it would feel like to defend such an obvious slime ball like Donald Trump and how anyone could take his word over so many women. And the fact is, we can take his word when he doesn't know he's being recorded as he admitted "I don't even wait" for their permission.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.23  Jasper2529  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.4    5 years ago
What would you consider a better time to be? 

Hmmm, let's see. Maybe 1995, 1996 ... or 2005? Ok, even 2010-2015.

Why did a registered Democrat who donated to Obama's and Hillary's campaigns and has blatantly said she hates that Trump is in the WH wait until the 2020 election cycle and the upcoming release of her book to trash Trump? Kinda creepy that she flirted with Anderson Cooper, too. He's young enough to be her son.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.22    5 years ago
 In most cases the statute of limitations had expired so they were unable to pursue civil or criminal action.

That is a totally false statement.

Nothing in the world prevented any one of these oh-so-credible accusers from filing police report in a timely manner, or from filing civil suits in a timely manner.

The fact that they CHOSE not to do so is their own fault--not Trump's or the law's fault.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.25  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.6    5 years ago

I will. They're lying.

Prove they are not, or better yet, provide better evidence that this alleged encounter is nothing more than an old woman's "sexy" fantasies.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.26  Greg Jones  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.23    5 years ago

And his real mom just died.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.27  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.21    5 years ago

I think you are in the wrong thread.   This one is about Jean Carroll and her recent accusations against Trump.   Unless i missed it, she did not make those accusations the first time he ran for POTUS.   It IS very suspicious that she decides only now to make the accusation.   What you are talking about is off topic but it won't get reported because i guess in some way it supports the narrative the author is pushing here.

I do feel sorry for Carroll though.   She'll be cooked, cleaned and used by the Democrats just like Dr Ford was.   Sad but here it comes ..... i wonder how many more are to follow ,....

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.28  Ozzwald  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.27    5 years ago
I think you are in the wrong thread. 

I am responding to you, are you in the wrong thread?  Or did you suddenly remember?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.29  Sparty On  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.28    5 years ago

Lol .... the old PeeWee Herman " i know you are but what am i" gambit ... sad that you need to resort to that.

Its either that or you're having a stroke.   Perhaps you should call someone .....

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @5    5 years ago

I watched the interview and I have to admit, she is one strange bird. I can't say one way or another if she is telling the truth or not because she doesn't interview well at all. My gut tells me something may have happened, but probably not to the extent that she claims. She does have a motive to embellish her story; she is selling a book and she clearly doesn't like trump at all. 

So I am on the fence here. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @5.2    5 years ago

I agree.  

Stranger things have happened .....  in both directions.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  MrFrost @5.2    5 years ago

Overall, I agree with your comment.

My gut tells me something may have happened, but probably not to the extent that she claims.

This reminds me of Christine Blasey Ford. I really believe that something happened to her, but it wasn't done by the man she accused.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    5 years ago

many were paid by the left to make those false allegations'

Proof pastor?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6    5 years ago
All those accusers disappeared after Trump won. No civil suits, no criminal actions

If you have any evidence of criminal proceedings, please, SHOW IT.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    5 years ago
If you have any evidence of criminal proceedings, please, SHOW IT.

Trump said he was going to sue "all of those women" after the election....he didn't. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.1    5 years ago
Trump said he was going to sue "all of those women" after the election....he didn't.

Perhaps that constitutes "proof" where you live, but for the rest of us, it does not.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.2    5 years ago

Just proves that trump is all talk, and a liar to boot. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.3    5 years ago
Just proves that trump is all talk, and a liar to boot.

So once again (sigh*), no proof for what was asked of you, and a deflection into another tired old Hate Trump screed.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
6.2  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @6    5 years ago

If they had it would be on CNN and MSNBC every week

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  livefreeordie @6.2    5 years ago

I keep asking, and still haven't seen any evidence.

Wonder why they won't prove it?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
6.2.2  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.1    5 years ago
I keep asking, and still haven't seen any evidence.

Just because the bible says that a rapist only has to buy his victim from her father if he is caught, doesn't mean most sexual assaults have witnesses.  Assaulters are generally not going to assault someone with witnesses around.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
6.2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  livefreeordie @6.2    5 years ago
If they had it would be on CNN and MSNBC every week

If you would do a little research before making your claims, you would know the statements would be lies.

List of Trump's accusers and their allegations of sexual misconduct

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @6.2.3    5 years ago

Lists and lists and lists.

How about a list of credible EVIDENCE that Trump assaulted or raped ANYONE?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @6.2.2    5 years ago
Just because the bible says that a rapist only has to buy his victim from her father if he is caught, doesn't mean most sexual assaults have witnesses. Assaulters are generally not going to assault someone with witnesses around.

I wasn't talking about the Bible.

I was talking about any evidence.

You know what that is, right?

Seems like lots of people like to make claims, and then, when asked for PROOF, suddenly can't come up with any.

Why is that?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
6.2.6  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.4    5 years ago

How about a list of credible EVIDENCE that Trump assaulted or raped ANYONE?

You have accusations, lie detector tests, testimony under oath, witnesses, and Trump's own recorded statements.  It is pretty obvious that you would not accept any evidence.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @6.2.6    5 years ago

So the usual no real evidence.

Figured anyways--I have asked MULTIPLE times here for evidence, and all I get is deafening silence, deflection, or just plain crap instead.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7  Jasper2529    5 years ago
Well, what a coincidence.  The mysteriously open dressing room, the nearly nonexistent lingerie department, the actual name of the department store — amazing how the details just coincide and coincide.  Creative writing this is not; we might just be in the realm of plagiarism. 

I wonder if these two women know about the Law and Order Special Victims Unit (Season 13, Episode 11) program that is astoundingly similar to Ms. Carroll's rape fantasy. Start video at 42:15.

I also wonder if these women know that Ms. Carroll is a registered Democrat,  has donated to both Obama's and Hillary's campaigns and hates Donald Trump.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @7    5 years ago

Season 13 of SVU was 2012. 

Lisa Birnbach and Carol Martin told the NYT that Carroll told them that she was sexually assaulted by Trump AT THE TIME IT HAPPENED, twenty some years ago. 

Even if Carroll made up the story, she made it up 15 years before a similar story aired on a television show. 

Got anything else Jasper? 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1    5 years ago

How quickly we've forgotten how many nutjobs with incongruent accusations regarding Justice Kavanaugh crawled out of the woodwork. Where are they now, John?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1    5 years ago
Season 13 of SVU was 2012. 

Lisa Birnbach and Carol Martin told the NYT that Carroll told them that she was sexually assaulted by Trump AT THE TIME IT HAPPENED, twenty some years ago. 

Even if Carroll made up the story, she made it up 15 years before a similar story aired on a television show. 

Got anything else Jasper? 

I certainly do have more; thanks for asking.

• Have Birnbach and Martin provided evidence that Carroll told them at the time that it ALLEGEDLY happened, or are you and the NYT merely taking their word for it? 
  • Why did all 3 wait until Trump's re-election cycle to suddenly speak up even though none of them have evidence?
  • Why did all 3 wait until Carroll was hawking her book?

This will suffice for now.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8  Tessylo    5 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9  Texan1211    5 years ago

Just to cease the endless arguments, can anyone anywhere please provide any proof whatsoever that Trump raped this woman anywhere at any time?

Seems I have heard that if you make accusations, the burden is on you to prove it. They are easy to make--hell, anyone can say anything.

So prove it please, as has been asked repeatedly and ignored repeatedly.

Why does the burden of proof go out the window when it comes to Trump?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10  Texan1211    5 years ago

Still not one bit of credible evidence for Trump raping anyone.

I guess unfounded accusations sans proof is now the modus operandi of some folks.

What will it take to get to see the evidence instead of wagging tongues?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @10    5 years ago

19 accusations of rape or sexual assault is enough for me. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @10.1    5 years ago
19 accusations of rape or sexual assault is enough for me.

So if I could find 19 women to say Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden raped them, you would believe it.

Pretty interesting but I bet good money you wouldn't believe a word of it without real proof--you know--the kind lacking from Trump accusers.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
10.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.1    5 years ago
So if I could find 19 women to say Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden raped them, you would believe it.

Fuck "IF." Either get  busy and find something or admit you're constantly  covering for a sexual predator. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
11  It Is ME    5 years ago

Is Gloria Allred involved ?

She's helped so many accusers to disappear after "Claiming" something.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11.1  Jasper2529  replied to  It Is ME @11    5 years ago

Don't forget Avenatti. He's another one.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
11.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @11.1    5 years ago

Trump Haters are such a JOKE !

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12  Dismayed Patriot    5 years ago

I'm just curious, but how many conservatives would be leaping to the defense of Hillary Clinton if she had been accused by 19 different men of inappropriate groping and/or sexual assault and there was audio tape of Hillary saying "You know I'm automatically attracted to handsome — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the dicks. You can do anything."?

Now, there is no other evidence other than the accusers word and the fact that there is some evidence that they did interact with Hillary during the times they claim the assaults happened, but no other corroborating evidence.

So, do you believe the accusers or do you continue to proclaim "She was a high profile target, none of those guys have any actual evidence she assaulted them and politicians are known to be liars so when she said 'Grab 'em by the dicks' she was just engaging in fantasy locker room talk, that wasn't an admission of actual conduct..."?

I just have a very hard time believing that would be the reaction of most conservatives, yet if it's not, then it gives substantial evidence as to some serious, monumental levels of hypocrisy.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12    5 years ago

You do know you won't get a real answer to your question, don't you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @12    5 years ago

Sure would be nice if someone would provide proof of what Trump is accused of instead of GUESSING what conservatives MIGHT have done if Hillary had been accused of the same things.