╌>

The Social Justice Warrior’s Guide To Independence Day

Category:  The Zoo

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  5 years ago  •  143 comments

The Social Justice Warrior’s Guide To Independence Day
How not to celebrate Independence Day for the social justice warriors.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

If you’re planning on celebrating the 4th of July, stop. Just stop. Now. While you may erroneously believe that Independence Day is a time when you should stop and reflect on the birth of the greatest nation in the world, the facts show something different: America is the most oppressive, evil, and dangerous country in the world and it does not deserve to be celebrated.

If you have been fooled by the patriotism that surrounds this holiday, you can be forgiven — although you probably shouldn’t be. Fortunately, you can make amends to the people you have victimized by following the tips outlined in this Social Justice Warrior’s Guide to Independence Day. In this piece, we will expose the evil that is the United States and show you how you should respond as a responsible American.

Following the tips given in this piece will help you approach the world as a “woke” member of society. Failing to heed the advice herein will reveal how much of a racist, sexist, misogynist, Islamophobe, and homophobe you are.

The Rise Of Evil American Nationalism

On the day the   Declaration of Independence   was signed by our slave-owning founders, nationalism began to pervade American culture. Indeed, the beginnings of our xenophobia can be traced to the very moment the document was ratified and sent to King George III. Think about it. We wanted to kick the British — who we saw as foreigners — out of the country and establish our own white American identity.

You’re probably thinking, “but the British were white too!” Well, if that’s what you are concerned about, it just shows how xenophobic you are. It is clear that our revolution against the crown was the beginning of a raging aversion to those who are not like us. Instead of being grateful for our independence, we must take time to think about how our revolt contributed to the problematic fear of immigrants that has remained to this day.

Celebrating Independence Day Is Celebrating Slavery

If you think Independence Day is worthy of celebration, then you clearly support the peculiar institution of slavery. After all, while the colonies won their independence from the British, slavery persisted until the 1800s.

meme-300x210.png Yes, we did fight a bloody civil war to abolish slavery once and for all, but who cares? Instead of focusing on the struggle to rectify this evil practice, it’s more important to fixate on the fact that thousands of soldiers in the Confederacy were fighting   for slavery, so this means that the sacrifice of the abolitionists and soldiers in the Union is canceled out and utterly meaningless.

You might be thinking “America has horrible atrocities in its history, but we have worked to right those wrongs.” Furthermore, you might even argue that other countries have even worse blights in their past. However, this type of thinking is racist and shows your privilege, which must be checked immediately.

Ignore the fact that Middle Eastern and African nations still practice slavery. Pay no mind to the fact that modern slavery is also practiced in the United States, due in large part to   human traffickers   smuggling unwitting illegal immigrants into the country to become sex slaves and forced laborers. A truly woke individual understands that open borders are far more essential to social justice than victims of human trafficking.

Independence Day Is Only For Privileged Whites

Black people can’t celebrate the 4th of July. Neither can Hispanics, Asians, or any other minority. Why? Because racism exists in America. As a matter of fact, the United States is the most racist country on Earth because we have police brutality. That’s right. The actions of the few police officers who overstep the bounds of their authority have damaged the entire nation beyond repair.

It doesn’t matter that blacks are more likely to be killed by other blacks. It doesn’t matter that blacks make up 13% of the population but represent more than half of the nation’s homicide victims.  Remember the social justice motto on black oppression: “Black Lives Matter, unless they are taken by other blacks. Those victims don’t get headlines, so we can’t use them to further our agenda.” If you want to be a true ally to blacks, never, ever, mention   black-on-black   violence.

The American Flag Is Racist

If you’re even thinking about flying an American flag, you should know the truth about “Old Glory.” It is a symbol of racial bigotry. Yes, we usually reserve our criticism for the Confederate flag, but all flags celebrating any aspect of America are problematic.

Just look at the colors and symbols:flag-300x200.jpg

• Red: The color of the blood spilled by white people.
  • White: Self-explanatory, right?
  • Blue: Because, um, white people make everyone else feel blue.
  • Stars: Stars are white too, aren’t they?
  • Stripes: To match the outfits minority inmates wear when whites like to lock them up. What? Prisoners don’t wear stripes anymore? Well, the point still stands. Stop being a racist.

Don’t fret. The fact that the American flag is an emblem of white supremacy doesn’t mean it doesn’t have its uses. Do you have a lighter handy? Great. Light that bad boy up on the 4th of July. Make sure you film it and post it on your social media so that your friends and family can see how woke you are.

trump-300x169.jpg President Trump Likes Independence Day

As you already know, being a faithful social justice warrior means opposing anything President Donald Trump likes. He likes the 4th of July, so we should hate it.  Already, millions of woke Americans have refused to eat steak and meatloaf after learning that Trump loves these dishes. We thought about staging a boycott of McDonald’s, but their Chicken McNuggets are far too tasty to mount a successful effort.

Nevertheless, other efforts to oppose anything Trump likes have been relatively easy. Our boycott of red ties went off without a hitch because none of us ever needed to dress in a suit and tie. Trump’s teetotaling tendencies have been a great boon for the cause since we can now drink alcohol every day, all day if we wish.

Indeed, our embrace of alcohol has sparked many important actions on our part: Kathy Griffin’s bloody   Trump head , Samantha Bee’s   vulgar rant against Ivanka Trump, and the brilliant idea to convince the American public that Trump is a Russian spy were all ideas spawned by alcoholic binge fests. The president’s sobriety has become our biggest strength! If you want to take a stand against the white Nazi oppressors, alcohol must fuel your hate.

july-300x200.jpg Independence Day Is Evil

It’s not easy being a woke person in America. We are the ones who understand what this country really is: an oppressive bastion of slavery and hate. We must stand against all who oppose us. Social justice-minded Americans must keep using the rights protected by that abhorrent piece of paper known as the Constitution to strip our political opponents of their rights.

Resisting the white supremacist power structure means destroying everything that made this country appear to be great. Remember, we can’t Make America Great Again because America was never great in the first place. On the 4th of July, do your part to bring about the utopia we have envisioned and make Marx proud!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  Texan1211    5 years ago

I laughed at parts of this, and other parts made me sad for America.

WTF have we degenerated to?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4  It Is ME    5 years ago

Every Day …… Just Sucks ! jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  JBB  replied to  It Is ME @4    5 years ago

It is just too bad so sad that it sucks so badly in your America. Here in Our USA, at least in NYC, we just celebrated Pride with several million visitors from all around the world and are now all geared up for the Fourth of July. Everybody around me is having a great time. We have fireworks, homemade icecream and burgers on the grill. Of course things would be somewhat better if the damn gop and Trump were not such bummers always bringing everybody down. It must be very dark and hopeless in your pitiful world since you say it sucks so badly there. So, "SORRY"...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @4.1    5 years ago
It is just too bad so sad that it sucks so badly in your America.

Your not very intuitive are you ?

Seems to be a Few on the "Left" that don't get it....thingy !

Just "Parroting" those few .....thingies ….. and you didn't even "SEE" ! None so blind as those that can not "SEE" ….. themselves ! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.2  JBB  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.1    5 years ago

No, ive read your comments and they are mostly bummers. So, "SORRY"...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @4.1.2    5 years ago
ive read your comments and they are mostly bummers.

Only for the "Few" .

Are you the "Few" ?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @4.1    5 years ago
Here in Our USA, at least in NYC

The city where school children can pick their gender, yet can't seem to learn how to read or write and where danger can appear in an instant like a bee coming around the corner. That's what happens when progressives control a city. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.5  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.4    5 years ago

You have been consuming way too much false anti-American propaganda. New York is doing great and our city schools are outstanding. If you want to talk really bad failing public schools you had better look at Texas...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I was expecting something at least semi funny or humorous. 

What I saw was a parade of white grievance whining. 

Is this really all they have? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago

Perhaps a Bash Trump article would make you more comfortable?

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
5.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2    5 years ago

Your unquestioned, unfiltered, unlimited worship of Shitbag is bashing in itself. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2    5 years ago

Comment 1.1 might be a good start?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.2    5 years ago
Your unquestioned, unfiltered, unlimited worship of Shitbag is bashing in itself.

Your post is ample proof that you wouldn't recognize what worship is if it bit you on the ass.

Carry on!

LMAO!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.3    5 years ago
might be a good start?

Just par for the course.

Junior Participates
5.2.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.4    5 years ago
Your post is ample proof that you wouldn't recognize what worship is if it bit you on the ass.

You are truly out of ammo (not that you've ever fired anything but smoke) judging by that embarrassing response.  

Junior Participates
5.2.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.4    5 years ago
you wouldn't recognize what worship is if it bit you on the ass.

And I gotta know what inspired that bizarre metaphor--being bit on the ass by worship.  I mean, it's more bizarre as being kissed on the toe by adoration which is well-know if a bit quirky.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.7    5 years ago

Trumps Tribute to America was a great moment.  SJW’s hated every minute of it.  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.3  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago

You were expecting something YOU would find funny or humorous??  

Why?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago

this stuff is only funny to conservatives... 

CB
Professor Principal
5.4.1  CB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.4    5 years ago

But damn, he is hot when he breaks up! Keep posting this one! Who can resist?!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6  The Magic 8 Ball    5 years ago
It’s not easy being a woke person

they only "think" they have been woken.  truth is, they are broken.

but they are not going to break the rest of us.

Happy 4th of July :)

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1  JBB  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6    5 years ago

Since when is social justice a bad thing? Why is it so threatening to you?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.2  JBB  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.1    5 years ago

"The arc of a moral universe is long but it bends towards justice" - MLK...

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.1.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JBB @6.1    5 years ago
Since when is social justice a bad thing?

justice is always a good thing. 

sjw's are just violent batschit crazy marxist cowards. who cover their faces when they attack others.   

Why is it so threatening to you?

they don't threaten me one bit. I'm not even slightly impressed. but they do threaten our peace and our security. So, with that in mind, every time one touches me.... they lose their left shoe and then I release them to the wild mostly unharmed.

speaking of antifa.  - leaving for austin in the morning.

cheers :)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.1.4    5 years ago

What's this nonsense?  You've made that batshit crazy claim before of stealing their left shoe.  Now this nonsense about leaving them mostly unharmed. 

jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif

WTF

Junior Participates
6.1.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @6.1.4    5 years ago

The Kleagle is not going to be happy, brother. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.1.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.5    5 years ago

its just a game I play with marxists in austin now and again. 

if they don't touch me I let them keep their shoe.  it is good fun

the history of the bo bo shoe.

when we were kids and would get in a fight we would take then nail the losers shoe over our garage door.

they could come and get it any time they wanted. the point was to send them home missing a shoe so they had to tell their parents what happened to it.  ahhh the good ol days.

call it a tradition.

hint: high tops cant be grabbed so easy... LOL

cheers :)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.1.8  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.6    5 years ago
The Kleagle is not going to be happy, brother.

at the next meeting tell them I said they can all fuk off.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @6.1    5 years ago
Since when is social justice a bad thing?

Social justice = retribution

Like the way Eric Holder ran the Justice Department

th?id=OIP.3udMr6HOZdqUxQ8fi5oB8AHaDt&pid=Api&P=0&w=340&h=171
America it's your turn now!  Take that!

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.10  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.9    5 years ago

That is all pure nonsense. There is surely nothing wrong with working to make the world more just for everyone if we really do believe that all men, and women, really are equal under the law. To seek social justice is to merely work to make it so. To seek justice for all like Super Man did for, "Truth, Justice and The American Way". Who would ever be opposed to that? Lex Luthor and Vlad Putin...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @6.1.10    5 years ago
That is all pure nonsense.

It is huh?  Is that why he investigated Police Departments and put them under consent decrees instead of investigating cop killers?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.12  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.11    5 years ago

Pure nonsense!? How are you defining, "Truth, Justice and The American Way"?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @6.1.12    5 years ago

You mean, you don't like hearing it.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.14  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.11    5 years ago

Some police departments needed to be investigated. So, he did so...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @6.1.14    5 years ago
Some police departments needed to be investigated.

You mean like the Ferguson MI Police Department? Wasn't that when thug Michael Brown was supposedly shot with his hands up?  However a thourough investigation in addition to Holders Justice Department's probe was forced to admit that Michael Brown was shot while trying to take officer Darren Wilson's gun away from him. And what did Holder do after having to admit the truth?  He did another investigation of the Ferguson Police Department, sort of as a parting shot, and found them guilty of giving too many traffic violations to African Americans. What a stain his tenure was on the Justice Department!

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.16  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.13    5 years ago

How are you defining, "Truth, Justice and The American Way"?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
7  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    5 years ago

Oh, man!!!!!!!  I had a great joke about the 'author' of the article having clearly never missed a summer holiday meal.  I would say that bbq ribs and baked beans with extra bacon are on his breakfast menu on most days.  Then I saw the satire tag.  An immediate balloon wither, it was. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @7    5 years ago

Oh, you mean the author was SATIRIZING white grievance crybabies, not sympathizing with them.  That makes sense. 

Thanks for the explanation. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.1.1    5 years ago
Fight the patriarchy!

the greatest trick the patriarchy ever pulled was tricking feminists into protesting nude...

they did not want to be seen as sex symbols

"free the nipple" was actually a mans idea.   

and now we know for sure, feminists are not sexy.

jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7.2  Sunshine  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @7    5 years ago
I had a great joke about the 'author' of the article having clearly never missed a summer holiday meal

Fat shamming a black guy....shouldn't our liberal friends be calling it raaaaaaaaaaaaceeeeeeest?

Junior Participates
7.2.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sunshine @7.2    5 years ago
Fat shamming a black guy....shouldn't our liberal friends be calling it raaaaaaaaaaaaceeeeeeest?

WTF are you on about?  And how does one "sham" someone?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @7.2.1    5 years ago

Anything to do with the ShamWow?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  Release The Kraken @7.2.4    5 years ago

So THAT'S the cloth!!

LMFAO!

Junior Participates
7.2.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @7.2.5    5 years ago
LMFAO!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
8  Sunshine    5 years ago
Social Justice Warrior’s Guide to Independence Day.

Give them a little break ....seems all they have in life is to be angry.

Happy Fourth!!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  Sunshine @8    5 years ago

You know that version of our flag is going to trigger someone, don't you?

Great job!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Release The Kraken @8.1.1    5 years ago
I found it offensive.

Well, yeah, but did it trigger you?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Release The Kraken @8.1.3    5 years ago

toilet.jpg

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
8.1.6  Sunshine  replied to  Release The Kraken @8.1.1    5 years ago
I found it offensive. 

Sorry!  SJW's can have their Hate the USA Day, oh never mind that is everyday.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @8.1.5    5 years ago

That's actually Don Jr. with Trump's African American*, with Booker and some random gay guys heads stitched on.  

* - Trump's African American

Junior Participates
9  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

The NT's Numero Uno Culture ["White," of course] Warrior seems to have his panties all atwist.  Whassmatta, BF?  Did some hippie give you a harsh look? 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10  Jasper2529    5 years ago
What black guy?

Open the seeded article, Tessy. The author's photograph is there. [deleted]

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
10.2  Sunshine  replied to  Jasper2529 @10    5 years ago
Open the seeded article,

Perhaps NT should require instructions [Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11  Tessylo    5 years ago

You can call me Miss or Ms. or Ma'am.  I only prefer people that I like to call me Tess or Tessy.

I deleted the comment.  Do try to keep up would you.

When I saw his photo, I notice he is a bit chunky.  Doughy.  Fleshy.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @11    5 years ago
Do try to keep up would you.

Since he actually quoted what YOU wrote, I'd say he is "keeping up" admirably, Tessylo.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1    5 years ago

Don't worry about it, Texan1211. It's not worth BOTH of us getting unwarranted tickets.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @11.1.2    5 years ago
Don't worry about it, Texan1211. It's not worth BOTH of us getting tickets.

I was very careful in choosing my words. Nothing worthy of a ticket in my post.

Or in yours, IMO.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11.1.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Release The Kraken @11.1.4    5 years ago

Here's a SJW who is constantly "triggered" ...

aee92b5a985e4c33462b165c6f71ce3e

Junior Participates
11.1.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @11.1.5    5 years ago

And some $80M* richer for "it."

*settlement with the NFL for depriving him of employment.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @11.1.7    5 years ago

Wah, wah, the baby couldn't play in the NFL anymore.

I don't blame owners for not signing a public-relations nightmare.

Kaepernick could have played in other leagues, but maybe they weren't too interested in a has-been, either.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.9  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.3    5 years ago

Well said, both of you and right on. 

Junior Participates
12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    5 years ago

I'm enjoying watching the WhiteCultureWarriors on this seed demonstrate us what a stinking septic tank their cause is. 

CB
Professor Principal
15  CB    5 years ago
The Rise Of Evil American Nationalism

[1] On the day the Declaration of Independencewas signed by our slave-owning founders, nationalism began to pervade American culture. Indeed, the beginnings of our xenophobia can be traced to the very moment the document was ratified and sent to King George III. Think about it. We wanted to kick the British — who we saw as foreigners — out of the country and establish our own white American identity.

You’re probably thinking, “but the British were white too!” Well, if that’s what you are concerned about, it just shows how xenophobic you are. It is clear that our revolution against the crown was the beginning of a raging aversion to those who are not like us. Instead of being grateful for our independence, we must take time to think about how our revolt contributed to the problematic fear of immigrants that has remained to this day.

1. Actually, didn't the signatories on the Declaration of Independence see the British Monarch and the Empire as overly-domineering 'overlords'?

2. The founders of this nation needed immigrants to come here. Partly, due to the native peoples and partially due to a drastic and urgent need to 'fill up' (settle) vast stretches of harsh, plentiful land. What aversion to immigrants? Prove it!

CB
Professor Principal
17  CB    5 years ago
If you think Independence Day is worthy of celebration, then you clearly support the peculiar institution of slavery. After all, while the colonies won their independence from the British, slavery persisted until the 1800s.

[Frederick Douglass] Addressing an audience of about 600 at the newly constructed Corinthian Hall, he started out by acknowledging that the signers of the Declaration of Independence were “brave” and “great” men, and that the way they wanted the Republic to look was in the right spirit. But, he said, speaking more than a decade before slavery was ended nationally, a lot of work still needed to be done so that all citizens can enjoy “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” Above “your national, tumultuous joy” — the July 4th celebrations of white Americans — were the “mournful wails of millions” whose heavy chains “are, today, rendered more intolerable by the jubilee shouts that reach them.”

In the oration’s most famous passages, Douglass discussed what it felt like to see such festivities and to know independence was not a given for people like him:

What have I, or those I represent, to do with your national independence? Are the great principles of political freedom and of natural justice, embodied in that Declaration of Independence, extended to us? and am I, therefore, called upon to bring our humble offering to the national altar, and to confess the benefits and express devout gratitude for the blessings resulting from your independence to us?…

I say it with a sad sense of the disparity between us. I am not included within the pale of glorious anniversary! Your high independence only reveals the immeasurable distance between us. The blessings in which you, this day, rejoice, are not enjoyed in common. The rich inheritance of justice, liberty, prosperity and independence, bequeathed by your fathers, is shared by you, not by me. The sunlight that brought light and healing to you, has brought stripes and death to me. This Fourth July is yours, not mine. You may rejoice, I must mourn…

What, to the American slave, is your 4th of July? I answer; a day that reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty, an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your denunciation of tyrants, brass fronted impudence; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade and solemnity, are, to Him, mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy — a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices more shocking and bloody than are the people of the United States, at this very hour.

Douglass’ speech also foreshadowed the bloody reckoning to come: Civil War. “For it is not light that is needed, but fire; it is not the gentle shower, but thunder,” he said. “We need the storm, the whirlwind, and the earthquake.”

Source:

The full speech by Frederick Douglass: (This speech @ 6 minutes in is in a word: "Intense.")

Junior Participates
17.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  CB @17    5 years ago

The "president" tells us that Mr. Douglass is doing great things lately. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
18  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

I can't take this article seriously, since KFC chicken nuggets are far superior to McDonald's attempt to compete with theirs.  And as for fireworks, has anybody realized that fireworks were invented in China, so lighting fireworks celebrates a Chinese achievement and its history.

As for Trump's demand that only Stars and Stripes flags made in America are to be purchased and used from now on is designed to stop the purchase of those made in China, where most have been made, because they spy on America and send semaphore messages to Xi Jinping.

CB
Professor Principal
19  CB    5 years ago
we did fight a bloody civil war to abolish slavery once and for all, but who cares?

The question is: What was Jim Crow about?

whatjimcrow.jpg Jim Crow etiquette operated in conjunction with Jim Crow laws (black codes). When most people think of Jim Crow they think of laws (not the Jim Crow etiquette) which excluded blacks from public transport and facilities, juries, jobs, and neighborhoods. The passage of the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments to the Constitution had granted blacks the same legal protections as whites. However, after 1877, and the election of Republican Rutherford B. Hayes, southern and border states began restricting the liberties of blacks. Unfortunately for blacks, the Supreme Court helped undermine the Constitutional protections of blacks with the infamous Plessy v. Ferguson (1896) case, which legitimized Jim Crow laws and the Jim Crow way of life.

no.jpg

Stetson Kennedy, the author of Jim Crow Guide (1990), offered these simple rules that blacks were supposed to observe in conversing with whites:

Never assert or even intimate that a white person is lying.

Never impute dishonorable intentions to a white person.

Never suggest that a white person is from an inferior class.

Never lay claim to, or overly demonstrate, superior knowledge or intelligence.

Never curse a white person.

Never laugh derisively at a white person.

Never comment upon the appearance of a white female .

[T]he Supreme Court helped undermine the Constitutional protections of blacks with the infamous Plessy v. Ferguson (1896) case, which legitimized Jim Crow laws and the Jim Crow way of life.

In 1890, Louisiana passed the "Separate Car Law," which purported to aid passenger comfort by creating "equal but separate" cars for blacks and whites. This was a ruse. No public accommodations, including railway travel, provided blacks with equal facilities. The Louisiana law made it illegal for blacks to sit in coach seats reserved for whites, and whites could not sit in seats reserved for blacks. In 1891, a group of blacks decided to test the Jim Crow law. They had Homer A. Plessy, who was seven-eighths white and one-eighth black (therefore, black), sit in the white-only railroad coach. He was arrested. Plessy's lawyer argued that Louisiana did not have the right to label one citizen as white and another black for the purposes of restricting their rights and privileges. In Plessy, the Supreme Court stated that so long as state governments provided legal process and legal freedoms for blacks, equal to those of whites, they could maintain separate institutions to facilitate these rights. The Court, by a 7-2 vote, upheld the Louisiana law, declaring that racial separation did not necessarily mean an abrogation of equality. In practice, Plessy represented the legitimization of two societies: one white, and advantaged; the other, black, disadvantaged and despised.

Blacks were denied the right to vote by grandfather clauses (laws that restricted the right to vote to people whose ancestors had voted before the Civil War), poll taxes (fees charged to poor blacks), white primaries (only Democrats could vote, only whites could be Democrats), and literacy tests ("Name all the Vice Presidents and Supreme Court Justices throughout America's history"). Plessy sent this message to southern and border states: Discrimination against blacks is acceptable.

Source:

CB
Professor Principal
20  CB    5 years ago
You might be thinking “America has horrible atrocities in its history, but we have worked to right those wrongs.” Furthermore, you might even argue that other countries have even worse blights in their past. However, this type of thinking is racist and shows your privilege, which must be checked immediately.

Since this is about Independence Day and "woke" people, let's return to hear more from a man woke, Mister Frederick Douglass , in his day:

What, to the American slave, is your 4th of July? I answer: a day that reveals to him, more than all other days in the year, the gross injustice and cruelty to which he is the constant victim. To him, your celebration is a sham; your boasted liberty, an unholy license; your national greatness, swelling vanity; your sounds of rejoicing are empty and heartless; your denunciations of tyrants, brass fronted impudence; your shouts of liberty and equality, hollow mockery; your prayers and hymns, your sermons and thanksgivings, with all your religious parade, and solemnity, are, to him, mere bombast, fraud, deception, impiety, and hypocrisy — a thin veil to cover up crimes which would disgrace a nation of savages. There is not a nation on the earth guilty of practices, more shocking and bloody, than are the people of these United States, at this very hour.

Go where you may, search where you will, roam through all the monarchies and despotisms of the old world, travel through South America, search out every abuse, and when you have found the last, lay your facts by the side of the everyday practices of this nation, and you will say with me, that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival.

Source :