╌>

Traditional "A Capitol Fourth" To Compete For Attention With Trump Extravaganza

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  9 comments

Traditional "A Capitol Fourth" To Compete For Attention With Trump Extravaganza

I thought Trump's Lincoln Memorial Show was going to supplant the traditional Washington DC celebration " A Capitol Fourth" which takes place in the shadow of the U.S. Capitol building , but the original show will go on , on the opposite end of the National Mall from Trump's show.  "A Capitol Fourth" can be seen on PBS at 8:00 Eastern. 

The PBS show will feature performers such as Carole King, the cast of Sesame Street, the most recent winner of American Idol ,  R&B singer Vanessa Williams , the singing group the O'Jays, country music star Lee Brice , and the U.S. Army Ceremonial Band.  Actor John Stamos is the host. 

Hopefully they will outdraw Trump at the Capitol Fourth and really make him sulk. 

Info on "A Capitol Fourth"

http://www.pbs.org/a-capitol-fourth/concert/performers/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Nice to see normality will prevail , at least on one end of the National Mall. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

I always tape this while sneaking peaks at the fireworks in NYC and Boston.

It's been a class act for 49 years and a "most trusted source" for at least the last 15 years.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

So was all the fooferah just Much Ado About Nothing?

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  Freefaller  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2    5 years ago
fooferah

Lol Fooferah?? What does a superfast character from the Marvel comic book universe have to do with a fireworks display?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Freefaller @1.2.1    5 years ago

Ooops, sorry, I misspelled the word:

Top definition (Urban Dictionary)

a dust-up over a triviality. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  Freefaller  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.2    5 years ago

Lol no probs I am admittedly something of a comic book nerd and felt like have some fun with it

Little bit of a deflection (sorry John) but did you see your Ticats have started off their season great and are currently 3 - 0 with two of those games being complete blowouts

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Freefaller @1.2.3    5 years ago

When I was a kid my dad used to take me to the TiCat games. Hamilton only had major CFL football, so we deferred to the Toronto Maple Leafs as our "home" hockey team.  No Canadian MLB baseball or NBA basketball either, so football was the only major sport in the city in which I was born and grew up. The only player names I remember from those days (the 1950s) are Vince Mazza and Bernie Custis.

(In case JR wipes this as being off topic, and I agree that it is, I also sent you a PN.)