╌>

Gul Dukat's Twitter Feed (Trump parody)

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

Via:  dignitatem-societatis  •  5 years ago  •  57 comments

Gul Dukat's Twitter Feed (Trump parody)
ROMULUS HAS AGREED TO IMMEDIATELY BEGIN BUYING LARGE QUANTITIES OF YAMOK SAUCE FROM OUR GREAT PATRIOT FARMERS!

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

You kind of need to be a Star Trek: Deep Space Nine fan to really get the quality of the humor here, and if you are, then this should be gold. Gold, Jerry. Gold! (Ok, that was from Seinfeld, but I digress...)

Hats off to whomever is behind this parody account. I remember re-watching DS9 the year of the election and noticing the striking similarities between Trump and Dukat at the time -- the hunger for power, the need for adulation, the delusional self-imagined 'greatness', the narcissism, the sociopathy.

This is top notch satire. The references from the show are spot on (names, terminology and such).

The account runs all the way back to the campaign and parodies everything Trump said/says in interviews or on Twitter. 

I have no idea how many people here (if any) are DS9 fans, but even if you're not you might still get a laugh from time to time by following this account (or maybe a cry, considering that the person being parodied is actually the President of the United States).

So bookmark the page or follow it on Twitter to keep up with the madness (every stupid thing Trump, er, I mean Dukat says, and then some) as it unfolds in real time.

Here's a little sample of recent events...

(If the screenshots are cut off you can open them in a new tab or window to see the full image)

Enjoy!

Gul Dukat @realGulDukat

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dig
Professor Participates
1  seeder  Dig    5 years ago

Sometimes it's hard to know whether to laugh or cry. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Live long and prosper. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    5 years ago

Great imagination.

May the force be with you.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sparty On @2    5 years ago

I prefer the schwartz myself...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1    5 years ago

LOL   

And may the Schwartz be with you as well ....

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1    5 years ago

"I see your schwartz is as big as mine [looks to check]. Now let's see how well you handle it!" 

A classic

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.2    5 years ago

Yep. "We've been jammed!"

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1.3    5 years ago

"Raspberry!  There is only one man who would dare give me the raspberry. LONESTAR!" 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3  luther28    5 years ago

Thank you for the grin :)

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4  TᵢG    5 years ago
Plagiarism charge against Sleepy Picard on his ridiculous Warp Speed Limit Plan is a big problem, but the Corrupt Media will save him. His other problem is that he is drawing androids, not people, to his Rallies. Nobody is showing up, I mean nobody . You can’t win without people!

jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Dig
Professor Participates
4.1  seeder  Dig  replied to  TᵢG @4    5 years ago

LOL! It's fantastic, isn't it?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Dig @4.1    5 years ago

Trump certainly is a great source for comedic material.   Very clever bit.   

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    5 years ago

I liked Deep Space Nine.

I had the hots for Kira.

Dig
Professor Participates
5.1  seeder  Dig  replied to  Sparty On @5    5 years ago

Had? I think I still do. Ezri, too (even though I was so pissed off at the time about Terry Farrell leaving with just one season to go for that Becker sitcom).

And let's not forget about Leeta. jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Gordy327  replied to  Dig @5.1    5 years ago

Leeta is quite unforgettable. Super hot too! 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.2  Gordy327  replied to  Sparty On @5    5 years ago

Who didnt have the hots for Kira? Or Dax (both of them)? Or Leeta? Dabo girls anyone?

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5.2.1  luther28  replied to  Gordy327 @5.2    5 years ago

I have to go with Seven of Nine, I can only imagine :)

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  luther28 @5.2.1    5 years ago
I have to go with Seven of Nine, I can only imagine

"Deep Space Seven of Nine"... Kira, Dax and Seven three way...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2.3  MrFrost  replied to  luther28 @5.2.1    5 years ago

Same... Jeri Ryan is smokin' hot. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2.2    5 years ago

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.2.5  Gordy327  replied to  luther28 @5.2.1    5 years ago

Seven was on Voyager. I was sticking to DS9 hotties. But yes, Seven is up there too. But no matter which Trek ladies come and go, you'll never have another like Uhura. She's the total package of beauty, grace, and class. The original Number 1/Lwaxana gets an honorable mention in that regard too.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Sparty On  replied to  Gordy327 @5.2.5    5 years ago

You of all people, i would have thought that you'd have the hots for T'Pol.

Jolene Blalock ...... va va voom!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.3    5 years ago
Jeri Ryan is smokin' hot. 

Too bad you weren't a Republican donor back in the early 2000's...

"In what may prove a crippling blow to his U.S. Senate campaign, divorce records reveal that Illinois Republican Jack Ryan was accused by his former wife, actress Jeri Ryan, of pressuring her to have sex at swinger's clubs in New York, Paris, and New Orleans while other patrons watched."

The bombshell allegation is contained amidst nearly 400 pages of records ordered released yesterday by a Los Angeles Superior Court judge who ruled on media requests to unseal documents from the Ryan case. The salacious charge leveled at the politician was made by Jeri Ryan, who has starred in TV's "Star Trek: Voyager" and "Boston Public," in a court filing in connection with child custody proceedings.

The performer alleged that she refused Ryan's requests for public sex during the excursions , which included a trip to a New York club "with cages, whips and other apparatus hanging from the ceiling."

"There are FIVE whips!"...

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.2.8  Gordy327  replied to  Sparty On @5.2.6    5 years ago

I thought the hots for T'Pol went without saying. Vulcan women are hot in general. Remember Dr. Selar from TNG? Jolene, oh yeah! Superhot!

Save Me Jebus
Freshman Silent
5.2.11  Save Me Jebus  replied to  Gordy327 @5.2.8    5 years ago

Dr. Selar was the same actress that played K'ehleyr. And as weird as is sounds, I found her hotter as a Klingon than a Vulcan.

DS9 = Best Star Trek Series.

T'Pol = Hottest Star Trek character.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.2.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  Save Me Jebus @5.2.11    5 years ago

She also played the female Q in Voyager.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2.13  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  luther28 @5.2.1    5 years ago

"Resistance is futile"....

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2.14  MrFrost  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.2.13    5 years ago

"Resistance is futile"....

Hey, if Jeri Ryan was going to assimilate you, don't even lie and say you wouldn't be thrilled.. LOL 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.2.15  Gordy327  replied to  Save Me Jebus @5.2.11    5 years ago

She was hot whether she played a Klingon, Vulcan, or Q.

7 of 9 is the hottest (it's a close race all around). But lets face it, all Trek ladies are hot, be they regular cast or guest stars. Especially during the William Ware Theiss era of costume design.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
5.2.16  Gordy327  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.14    5 years ago

I'd say, "oh yes please assimilate me. Assimilate me real good!" Lol

Dig
Professor Participates
5.2.17  seeder  Dig  replied to  Save Me Jebus @5.2.11    5 years ago
Dr. Selar was the same actress that played K'ehleyr. And as weird as is sounds, I found her hotter as a Klingon than a Vulcan.

Speaking of weirdly attractive Klingon females, I thought Grilka was another one...

She had that great line in the episode House of Quark, but I couldn't find a clip of it: "I really am very grateful for all you have done, Quark. That is why I'm going to let you take your hand off my thigh, instead of shattering every bone in your body."

And there's also B'elanna from VOY, though being half human makes her attractiveness much less weird. :)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7  Tacos!    5 years ago

I don't know if Ducat is the best analog (I'll have to think about who I would choose) but it is a cute idea.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @7    5 years ago

I agree, but I have to admit is funny.

Dig
Professor Participates
7.2  seeder  Dig  replied to  Tacos! @7    5 years ago
I don't know if Ducat is the best analog (I'll have to think about who I would choose) but it is a cute idea.

Granted, Dukat is much more intelligent and capable than Trump could ever hope to be, but the character traits (the personality flaws) are where the analogy is dead on. To my mind, anyway.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
7.2.1  Gordy327  replied to  Dig @7.2    5 years ago

Dukat was an awesome villian, but also a very deep and interesting (and tragic) character. Marc Alamo was perfect for the role.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7.2.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Gordy327 @7.2.1    5 years ago

I really need to give DS9 another chance.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
7.2.3  Gordy327  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.2.2    5 years ago

I agree. It was an awesome series.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
7.2.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  Gordy327 @7.2.3    5 years ago

I gave it another try a few months ago, and I just couldn't get into it.  I'm not crazy about Avery Brooks.

Dig
Professor Participates
7.2.5  seeder  Dig  replied to  Gordy327 @7.2.1    5 years ago
Dukat was an awesome villian, but also a very deep and interesting (and tragic) character. Marc Alamo was perfect for the role.

Agreed. DS9 had so many great supporting characters. It really shines in that regard.

Suddenly, I'm reminded of Garak...

Dig
Professor Participates
7.2.6  seeder  Dig  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.2.4    5 years ago
I gave it another try a few months ago, and I just couldn't get into it.  I'm not crazy about Avery Brooks.

I have no idea why his acting was so horrible in the early episodes (especially the pilot), but it does get better as the series goes on. Also, DS9's overall storyline develops into something marvelous as the seasons go by, with many compelling and enjoyable characters coming on board who more than make up for it.

It's well worth suffering through a little bad acting early on.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
7.2.7  Gordy327  replied to  Dig @7.2.5    5 years ago

Garak was arguably the best character of the series, played to perfection by Andrew Robinson.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.2.8  Tacos!  replied to  Dig @7.2    5 years ago

I think I see Trump as more of a Ferengi than a Cardassian.

Dig
Professor Participates
7.2.9  seeder  Dig  replied to  Tacos! @7.2.8    5 years ago

Maybe if he had remained a greedy but mostly harmless (albeit buffoonish) businessman and private citizen he'd be more like a Ferengi running that Sluggo Cola business empire or something, but in high political office his calculated demagoguery, his dictator-esque penchant for autocracy, his willingness to use cruelty for political gain, his need of approval for being evil because others supposedly 'forced' him to be (the ultimate responsibility is never his), and his maliciousness and petty obsession with revenge all scream Gul Dukat to me.

Save Me Jebus
Freshman Silent
7.2.10  Save Me Jebus  replied to  sandy-2021492 @7.2.4    5 years ago

I think he got better once he shaved his head and grew the goatee.

If you want a fantastic DS9 episode to hopefully change your mind about Brooks, check out "In the Pale Moonlight." I think it's one of the later episodes in season 6, and probably my favorite. You get Sisko being a badass, and there's a ton of Garak. Win-win!

Dig
Professor Participates
8  seeder  Dig    5 years ago

After a vote today to condemn his comments as racist...

The "Democrat" Party. Dog whistle alert.

The Dukat version probably should have said the "Provision" Government.