╌>

Trump Isn't President Of The United States, He's President Of The Deplorables

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  138 comments

Trump Isn't President Of The United States, He's President Of The Deplorables

Joe Walsh was a far right US Congressman for one term, and then became a conservative talk show host. He wrote an op/ed for the Washington Post about the Trump rally, which got him an invite to be interviewed on a cable news show. It's not too often that we see a conservative populist, which is what Joe Walsh is , be so blunt and candid about Trump and Trump supporters. 

I have excerpted some of Walsh's comments to Brianna Keilar , removing most of Keilar's questions so as to keep Walsh's comments in a good continuity. 

Brianna Keilar :   A former Republican lawmaker says Trump's racist tweets that triggered all of this should be the GOP's last straw, but it won't be. Former Illinois Congressman Joe Walsh writes in "The Washington Post," quote, "In a world where more Republicans still sincerely thought of our party as the Party of Lincoln condemning the President's words should have been a no-brainer, and in theory should have been the tipping point where Republicans started hopping off the Trump bandwagon. Republican voters aren't going anywhere though, because they don't care."

Why do you think that Republican voters don't care?

JOE WALSH (R), FORMER U.S. REPRESENTATIVE: Hey, Brianna. Good to be with you. Because they're so angry. It is their anger that got Trump elected. So it's the weirdest thing. They don't give a damn what he does. They don't care what he does. They don't care what he says.

On my radio show, I hear from listeners all the time. You just played the President there a minute ago, and you're right, he lied about what he did in North Carolina last night. This is on him.

But when I tell my listeners that, Brianna, my listeners will say and these are Trump supporters, "I don't care that he lies. I hate the Democrats." They don't care that he lies almost every single time he opens his mouth, because he is so angry. And you get what you got last night.

Some of us have been saying this for a long long time now. Someone like Trump never could have gotten elected without something very weird going on among his supporters. His supporters are using Trump as the vehicle to express their hatred for "liberals" and "the left". 

Where does this come from?  In my opinion it comes from the poisonous effect of right wing media. For over 25 years, since the inception of the Rush Limbaugh show on national radio, America has been subject to a constant bombardment of right wing "conservative", anti-liberal , propaganda. When Limbaugh would introduce his show in the beginning he would say "Day 126 (or whatever the number was) of America Held Hostage". He was referring to the Bill Clinton presidency. You see, after 12 years of conservative Republican presidencies having a Democrat in there was illegitimate to Limbaugh, the nation was being held "hostage" by liberals. 

It has pretty much been all downhill from there. Fox News on tv started up, more and more radio hosts, and then of course all the internet right wing media.  At this point we have endless millions of right wingers whose attitudes about the country have been shaped by media that is nothing more than propaganda. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago
Joe Walsh : 

it made me as a former Republican Member of Congress, it made me profoundly sad that the standard bearer of the Republican Party, my party is making "send her back" his campaign rallying cry. It's ugly, it's racist, it's anti-American, and it ought to be denounced. 

... if "send her back" is the rally cry for 2020, Trump is going to lose and the Republicans are going to lose. 

...Republicans have got to get the courage to stand up publicly and denounce this, and if my former colleagues, Brianna -- I get worked up about this -- if they don't strongly publicly denounce this un- American crap, Republicans are going to get wiped out in 2020. 

KEILAR: So do you think President Trump will be reelected? It sounds like you're saying no. 

WALSH: Well, I think he has made the determination, Brianna that he can only get his 35 percent all riled up and ginned up. He didn't get any new votes last night. He is hell bent on dividing this country. He wants his "send her back" people behind him and that's all he wants. 

I will say this Brianna, again, loud and clear. And I hope all my Republican colleagues are listening. If "send her back" and this ugly, anti-American racist thing that the President has unleashed, if this becomes their campaign to rally his base, Trump is going to lose. 

He can't win with just his base. He will lose and the Republicans will lose and you know what, Brianna? They will deserve to lose. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.1  PJ  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

John - Walsh is one of the original deplorables.  This man has absolutely no credibility.  I know he has periodically spoken out against trump but.....so what.  He helped create the division in the country during his time in Congress.  He should focus on his own shortcomings.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ @1.1    5 years ago

I dont remember him being an original deplorable. I know he was a big time tea party guy.  You might be right though, I would have to look it up.  I'm not saying he is a good guy, but he told the truth about why Trumpsters are attracted to trump. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    5 years ago
'I know he was a big time tea party guy.'

You mean teabagger.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

He's right about the deplorables.  But why didn't you speak up sooner?  Too much, too little, too late!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

Is this the Joe Walsh of the "You lie!" comment directed at Pres Obama?

If so, this guy has changed his tune

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    5 years ago

The guy who yelled "you lie" at Obama's state of the union speech was a Joe Wilson.  He is still in Congress by the way. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago

So not the same guy?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    5 years ago

And does anybody remember the statement Wilson called a lie?

"There are also those who claim that our reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false—the reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally."

Today we now know IT WAS A LIE!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to    5 years ago

That's why I put it that way. You see Obama and the democrats never attached any preventative legislation to insure a state like CA or Presidential candidates wouldn't entertain the idea of putting the illegal aliens into the pool.

Let's admit Wilson had a bit of foresight. He knew Obama was telling us it would never happen, yet the door was wide open.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    5 years ago

No it was not Vic 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    5 years ago

Yeah, keep calling people with a different opinion than yours "deplorable."

That worked out so well for you in 2016 .......

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @3    5 years ago
(deleted)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.2  Don Overton  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

freepress
Freshman Silent
4  freepress    5 years ago

Trump has failed his promise of being a president for all of us. He had made it very clear, as many of his surrogates and appointees in his administration have made clear, if you don't agree with him you are trash.

No white person in America and no black person in America ever originally came from here. The only legitimate people that are native to this country are Native Americans.

Since he lost the election due to the popular vote being 3 million more votes for another candidate, he has no mandate and has no right to trash people that do not agree with him since the majority of Americans do not agree with him.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  freepress @4    5 years ago
Trump has failed his promise of being a president for all of us.

A President for all of us?   WTF does that mean?   Do you think Obama was a President for all of us?   If you do you might be further gone than i thought.

Trump was never going to be "my President" for a whole cross-section of America.   The butthurt for example, media driven or otherwise, were never going to accept Trump.   That's the way it works for all Presidents.

No President will ever be "President for all of us" and those are your words not mine.   The spread of ideology here is just to great.   That POTUS doesn't exist.   It's a technical impossibility.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

What values?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.3    5 years ago

Of course you have no proof to back up your nonsense

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.6  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.5    5 years ago

Insurance premiums were off the wall

And just what GOP workable sponsored legislation, program, bill has been put forth to replace the ACA does anything about that?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.5    5 years ago
No nonsense at all. Insurance premiums were off the wall, many people would tell you that.

The facts show health insurance premiums rose less quickly after the ACA was implemented than in the previous decade, but that's not the narrative you've been sold by the dishonest Republican party, which is why "people would tell you" lies.

" While the results vary from one state to the next, the overall numbers seem to suggest that post-ACA premium increases have actually been rather modest compared to those in previous years."

" Health insurance premiums have been rising for decades, almost (though not quite) as stubbornly reliable as an eastern sunrise. And it turns out that these increases actually slowed after the Affordable Care Act became law in 2010."

And as for " gave away too much in the Iran deal", this is just more smoke and mirrors brought to you by the Republican party. The Iran deal was not made "by Obama" as its often framed by partisan sycophants. It was an agreement made in 2015 between Iran and a group of world powers: the P5+1 (the permanent members of the United Nations Security Council—the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, France, and China—plus Germany) and the European Union. Why do dishonest persons keep saying this was "Obamas" Iran deal?

And on " He weakened our country", that's an unfounded opinion that is shared by mostly those who watch Fox and right wing media. The facts show our nation on MUCH stronger footing both financially and militarily after President Obama took office. Saying he "weakened our nation" when he reversed the -2.5% GDP and cut the deficit by 60% and helped the stock market recover to all time highs, can only be seen as pure partisan poison coming from the right to demonize the left. Just more evidence that it's all about the hate that Republican have for Democrats as pointed out in this seed, and not an actual reality where Democrats are some evil plaguing America as the right wing wants you to believe.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.5    5 years ago

It is nonsense.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.3    5 years ago
'Well he didn’t help with foreign policies that’s for sure. ( Obama that is) He weakened our country, gave away too much in the Iran deal.'

I was talking about this nonsense also.

How did he not help with foreign policies?

How did he weaken our country?

How did he 'gave away too much in the Iran deal"?

I know you won't give any explanations because it's all nonsense and all the talking points you hear from 'Fux' 'news'.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Sparty On  replied to    5 years ago

Yes, i'm sure you really believe that  but it simply isn't true.  Obama was no more sincere about truly reaching out to the "other side" than most other Presidents were.   Calling him a President of all the people is a ridiculous exaggeration.

That said, by your definition, Obama was un-American as well.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.13    5 years ago

'I am not obligated to give anyone on this site proof.'

No you don't but obviously you don't have any.  

[deleted]

Dismayed Patriot has all the proof that all of your comments are nonsense.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.14    5 years ago

Yes he was a GOOD President and history has already rated him as one of the BEST.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.17  Tessylo  replied to    5 years ago

'Iran didn't have to curtail their terrorist activity they were allowed to keep testing ballistic missiles.Obama also gave them a path to a  nuclear weapon in as little as ten years.'

So I'll just take your word for it?

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.1.20  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.17    5 years ago
So I'll just take your word for it?

Or you could look up the facts?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.19    5 years ago

Yes he has

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.18    5 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.23  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.22    5 years ago

I believe in rump support.    Rump roast .... etc .... it’s all good.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.26  Don Overton  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.5    5 years ago

Prove your comments, which you can't

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.27  Don Overton  replied to  Kathleen @4.1.12    5 years ago

Then when you are called out for a comment that is a lie it's ok with you

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @4.1.25    5 years ago

Like I care how you take me.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  freepress @4    5 years ago

Actually, the Indians also originally immigrated here via a natural land bridge.  They were the first inhabitants and hold that distinction.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3  Texan1211  replied to  freepress @4    5 years ago

Does that "all of us" include the fine folks who were crying, then screaming at the sky, and declaring that no matter what, Trump was NOT their President and never would be?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3    5 years ago

That includes everyone.  Even the 3 million who didn't vote for this turd 'president'

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.3.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.1    5 years ago
That includes everyone.

That's funny because I can't think of anything negative President Trump has done. He has done more to benefit this country than the piece of shit, lead from behind, race baiter Obama ever did and he sure the hell was a way better choice than the self entitled worthless bitch Hillaryious Hillary.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  KDMichigan @4.3.2    5 years ago

What exactly has the shitstain Rump done to benefit this country and not himself.  ZIP. ZILCH, DIDLY SQUAT. NADA  ZERO, BUPKIS, NIL

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.1    5 years ago
That includes everyone. Even the 3 million who didn't vote for this turd 'president'

So the whole ridiculous notion that somehow Trump isn't any American's President is just pure bullshit.

So nice to see someone actually admit that.

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
4.3.7  Don Overton  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3    5 years ago

No tex they are the one's that are correct.  [deleted]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.3.8  KDMichigan  replied to  dennis smith @4.3.6    5 years ago
use schoolyard language to be nothing more than amusing.

I am guilty of responding to them the same way they post. I don't deny it. I just love it when I then get attacked by [Deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  author  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I had the Todd Starnes show on the radio for a couple hours a few days ago. Starnes has a daily national call in show on Fox News Radio. 

This show was nothing but one rant after another about "liberals" and "leftists". How liberals hate America. That was essentially the entire content of the program. Not a minute went by when the host or the callers werent banging on this theme. There is not a lot to wonder about as to how we got to the point we are now at with Trump and his supporters. 

We actually see the same things constantly expressed on this forum. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago
This show was nothing but one rant after another about "liberals" and "leftists". How liberals hate America. That was essentially the entire content of the program. Not a minute went by when the host or the callers werent banging on this theme. There is not a lot to wonder about as to how we got to the point we are now at with Trump and his supporters. 

John, the right doesn't have the market cornered on that sort of show.   In fact liberal shows of that nature are plentiful indeed.   But ..... i'm sure you don't complain about those because they goose-step to your tune ....

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sparty On @5.1    5 years ago

Remember Olbermans "worst person in the world" nightly two minutes of hate attack on conservatives?  that's the mindset that controls progressives at this point.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @5.1    5 years ago

Donald Trump never would have been elected president of the United States as a Democrat. Thats why he became a Republican. He knew the right wing was fertile ground for him and his demagoguery.

He would be laughed off the stage as a Democrat. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.1    5 years ago

Olberman should have stuck to sports.   He was good at that.  

As a political commentator?   Not so much.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.2    5 years ago

Or torpedoed off the stage by the DNC like the Bern.

At the request of the anointed loser no less.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.3    5 years ago

What does Ted Kennedy have to do with anything?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.6    5 years ago

Well he killed Mary Jo Kopechne at Chappaquiddick and got away with it.

And i've heard he liked Clam Chowder as well.

Hope that helps

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago

“......It’s Trump’s turn to feed the beast like the left does with their rabid base when they call every American not swallowing their agenda, a racist, homophobe, Islamaphobe, xenophobe or misogynist. And he did not disappoint with his tweets. What the left does not understand about Trump’s base is that they live vicariously through him. When they see him mistreated, they feel mistreated. It’s that basket of deplorables moment all over again. In other words, we are all Trump. 

Silently many Trump supporters understood Trump’s blue-collar way of telling those who hate America to love it or leave it. Politically only Trump could say it the way he did and not lose voters. Many of his supporters nodded to themselves in agreement.  

There is an emotional connection between President Trump and his supporters that mirrors the emotional support between black voters and Obama. Good, bad, indifferent and whether Obama was wrong on something or not, black voters were not abandoning Obama. As with Trump supporters, we won’t leave him either. There is nothing you can do to change that; he’s our guy. Are we clear?”   https://townhall.com/columnists/sheriffdavidclarke(ret)/2019/07/19/shock-and-awe-trump-style-n2550337

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    5 years ago

"They don't give a damn what he does. They don't care what he does. They don't care what he says."

That's where Joe gets it WRONG !

We do care what he does, and so far, what he's done has been great for business and consumers alike.

The old saying: "ACTIONS" speak louder than "WORDS" Fits Trump, except in Liberal Land that is. Liberal Land only wants to "Hear" about Lollipops and Sugar Plumbs, even when it Fucks over the "MAJORITY" ! After all, the "Minority" are more important than anything else on this planet according to Liberal Land occupants.

The Old Breed Marine
Freshman Silent
9  The Old Breed Marine    5 years ago

Talk is cheap.

When are we actually going to "send her back"?

She'd be a rockstar back in the jewel of northeast Africa, Somalia.

Imagine how much good she could do!

Start a Go Fund Me, I'll kick in a few shekels!

PJ
Masters Quiet
9.1  PJ  replied to  The Old Breed Marine @9    5 years ago
When are we actually going to "send her back"?

[Deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ @9.1    5 years ago

I hope he does thrive here.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
9.1.2  PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.1    5 years ago

He will. 

Ender
Professor Principal
10  Ender    5 years ago

Well done John.

I wonder when people will say that calling a spade a spade is making it worse.....

Oh wait, the jackasses are in full force.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Trump isn't president of the United States and the Stars and Stripes isn't the flag of the United States, and the White House is located in Beijing, and World War II was won by Japan, and Abraham Lincoln is still alive and living in a relationship with Elvis Presley in Singapore.

The truth is hard for some to swallow, isn't it. 

I'm probably the only active member of NT, or at least one of the very few, who can say truthfully and accurately that Trump isn't my president.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11    5 years ago

That turd is not my 'president'

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @11.1    5 years ago

Are you an American citizen?

If so, who do YOU think is the President?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.3  Texan1211  replied to    5 years ago

LOL!! Good one!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @11.1    5 years ago

Ah, no wonder. I mistakenly thought you were an American.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
11.1.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @11.1    5 years ago
Unfortunately, the shit-stain that is Trump is our president.
He just has a soft spot in his heart for white nationalists, rather than all Americans as a whole.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1.6  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @11.1    5 years ago

True, We replaced that shit stain Obama in 2017.

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.7  Raven Wing  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1.6    5 years ago
True, We replaced that shit stain Obama in 2017

No...you didn't replace him. He was not even running as he had already served his two terms. So he was not in place to be replaced. There is a big difference. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1.8  KDMichigan  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.7    5 years ago
No...you didn't replace him.

WE didn't? Is that piece of shit Obama President? 

He was not even running

Who the fuck said he was running? Obama the piece of Shit was replaced by President Trump as President. You actually want to deny this? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

What next you going to hit me with next, that Obama's Butt ugly ass wife is still first lady?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1.8    5 years ago

[Removed

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @11.1    5 years ago

Well, then, that makes this exchange very STRANGE:

This is what was stated:

And THIS is your response:

That includes everyone. Even the 3 million who didn't vote for this turd 'president'

Maybe you should decide once and for all which one it is, because LOGIC tells us it can't be both.

And you do realize that more than 3 million people did not vote for Trump, right? And that it has zero relevance, right?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.11  Raven Wing  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1.8    5 years ago

If you are going to respond to me clean up your mouth or don't respond. 

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
11.1.12  Don Overton  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.1    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Don Overton
Sophomore Quiet
11.1.13  Don Overton  replied to    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @11.1.14    5 years ago

I never respond to Raven Wing in such a deplorable fashion.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @11.1.16    5 years ago

[deleted]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1.18  KDMichigan  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.11    5 years ago

[deleted]

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1.19  KDMichigan  replied to  dennis smith @11.1.14    5 years ago
Have you ever read Tessylo's comments?

Tessy? Have you ever read Raven wings racist comments?

Some people are still experiencing their love affair with the race baiting piece of shit obamas and get offended when you talk about them but have high praises for those that talk the same way about President Trump. It's called hypocrisy. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.20  Raven Wing  replied to  dennis smith @11.1.14    5 years ago
Have you ever read Tessylo's comments?

Yes I have. But, it is not my place to be site monitor for every Member and how they respond to others, only how they respond to me. And at NO time has Tessy EVER responded to me in such a disrespectful manner.  

Next?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.21  Raven Wing  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1.18    5 years ago
Removed for context - s

I am officially telling you not to respond to me again as you cannot do so in a respectful and civil manner. I will make this known to the RA as well.

DO NOT RESPOND TO ME AGAIN.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
11.1.22  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.21    5 years ago

Noted. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.1.23  KDMichigan  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @11.1.22    5 years ago

I hope that goes both ways. 

I have never started a conversation with this poster but have only responded to the inane comments posted to me. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
11.1.24  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  KDMichigan @11.1.23    5 years ago

It always goes both ways. That is the only fair way to do it. 90 days off from each other. 

The Old Breed Marine
Freshman Silent
12  The Old Breed Marine    5 years ago

Let's be honest for a minute.

The only real reason that the Left despises Trump so intensely is because he is beating them. If he was failing, they just look down on him, not hate him. For all his crude, crass, and obscene behavior, he is STILL WINNING, and that is what has the Left in such a tizzy. 

They are getting beat by a guy that they cannot respect, and that makes it that much more humiliating.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1  Tessylo  replied to  The Old Breed Marine @12    5 years ago

What is the shitstain winning?  Other than lining his own pockets and his wealthy benefactors?  

Other than looting the treasury as fast as he can?

The Old Breed Marine
Freshman Silent
12.1.1  The Old Breed Marine  replied to  Tessylo @12.1    5 years ago

Another one of his best feats, is the amazing way that he has kept the Left, Constantly Triggered.

It's quite fun to watch.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  The Old Breed Marine @12.1.1    5 years ago

So he isn't winning anything.  Thanks for acknowledging that fact

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
12.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  The Old Breed Marine @12    5 years ago

Wrong answer recruit.....

If he had reached out across the aisle day one and started working on bi-partisan infrastructure, or improving the medical coverage for Americans he would be in a much better place with liberals.  Nope, he went anti-brown people, and tax cuts for the wealthy.

Then siding with the Putin and the Russians put the icing on the cake......  And you still call that point winning? 

Ender
Professor Principal
12.2.1  Ender  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @12.2    5 years ago
And you still call that point winning? 

They cheer for it. Even though they love to call others anti-US they themselves are the epitome of it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @12.2    5 years ago
If he had reached out across the aisle day one and started working on bi-partisan infrastructure, or improving the medical coverage for Americans he would be in a much better place with liberals.  Nope, he went anti-brown people, and tax cuts for the wealthy.

Wow!   Talk about the wrong stuff ..... your comment is just so much partisan nonsense.  

Many Dems vowed to fight Trump at EVERY turn immediately after November 8th 2016 election and they have been true to their word.   Very true.   I'm not saying the Reps were any better during Obama's terms.   They weren't but it's hypocritical to even imply Dems had any desire to work with Trump on anything.   They didn't.   Not really.   Not in good faith.

Sure, they offer up plans.   Complete with details THEY KNOW Trump and the right won't agree to and then whine that Trump isn't working with them.   It's clearly a nonsensical partisan political game.   A game that is easily seen through for those that are trying to view the world via non biased glasses.   It's all an act to appease the obtuse.

But alas, many on the right and left have sucked off the partisan teat WAAAAY too long to ever be unbiased again.

So this is what we get.   A historically low rated, do nothing, congress and Dems blaming Trump and only Trump.   Just like they planned starting 11-09-16.   The TDS  bad mojo express as it were .....

katrix
Sophomore Participates
12.2.3  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @12.2.2    5 years ago

Trump had control of both parties for his first two years. And the Republicans never came up with a single idea for a replacement for the ACA despite having had years to plan for when they had that chance.

And yes, if Trump had started first on infrastructure rather than all these things that the courts threw out - things might be different. Of course he would have had to stop constantly insulting everyone for that to work. Who wants to work with someone who acts like a toddler, who isn't consistent, who demands flattery (remember that cringeworthy Cabinet meeting) and loyalty, and who insults everyone who disagrees with him?

You call it partisan, but there's nothing partisan about Trump's problems. He's the same disgusting person he was as a Democrat.

TDS is the derangement syndrome of those who actually defend Trump, and yes, it's totally partisan which is rather amusing since Trump would switch back to Democrat in a heartbeat if he thought it would better serve him. He has no party loyalty - no national loyalty - no religious loyalty - only loyalty to himself.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.2.4  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @12.2.3    5 years ago

As i clearly stated but you apparently overlooked, the Reps are no better.   Evidently you feel the Dems behavior is justified.   I do not.   Not in the least.   Many politicians have disliked each other over the years and yet still found a way to do the peoples work.   This congress and the ones that preceded it are do nothing bums.   That has nothing to do with Trump no matter how hard you try to make it so.

TDS is the derangement syndrome of those who actually defend Trump, and yes, it's totally partisan which is rather amusing since Trump would switch back to Democrat in a heartbeat if he thought it would better serve him. He has no party loyalty - no national loyalty - no religious loyalty - only loyalty to himself.

You can try the old switch-a-roo here but it doesn't ring true.   Not even close.   TDS is a real thing with many on the left.   You are just in denial about it that's all.    And that's some mighty bad juju there.

One thing i am most glad of though is that the carpetbagger didn't win the Whitehouse in 2016.   In that regard 11-08-16 was a VERY good day.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
12.2.5  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @12.2.4    5 years ago

While you make a good point, how is Congress supposed to work with a President who has no principles or policies?  He'll say he's going to do one thing, then watch Fox News and do something totally different. Nothing he says can be counted upon. How the hell does anyone work with someone like that?

And regarding the TDS, we'll have to disagree. The Trump defender derangement syndrome is real.  These people truly wouldn't care if Trump shot someone on 5th Avenue; they make excuses for every single illegal or unethical thing he does, and defend his immaturity and ego. It's disgusting.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.2.6  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @12.2.5    5 years ago
 how is Congress supposed to work with a President who has no principles or policies?

I think you are confusing not having policies with not liking his policies.

And regarding the TDS, we'll have to disagree. The Trump defender derangement syndrome is real.  These people truly wouldn't care if Trump shot someone on 5th Avenue; they make excuses for every single illegal or unethical thing he does, and defend his immaturity and ego. It's disgusting.

Absolute nonsense and more empirical evidence of the TDS i speak of.   You can try to turn it around but that dog don't hunt.   Not really.   I honestly have a hard time understanding how some folks can view the world in such a false and unrealistic manner.   Not caring if Trump shot someone?

Absolute nonsense.   There is no hope in reasoning with folks who truly believe such nonsensical vitriol.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
12.2.7  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @12.2.6    5 years ago
I think you are confusing not having policies with not liking his policies.

No, I'm not. Even his own aides can't figure out what he's doing most of the time. He says one thing and then changes his mind - he does that all the time. And half of his "policies" are based on whatever said on Fox & Friends most recently.

Regarding the TDS that the diehard Trump supporters have, surely you've read interviews with some of them, and seen other examples of how they simply refuse to condemn anything Trump does.  No matter what it is, they make up an excuse.  They deny that he incited violence, they deny everything bad that he's done. Trump himself made that comment, as I'm sure you know, and since his diehard base are the type who somehow think a Reality TV show presidency is a good thing ... so I have to agree with him. His diehard supporters are fans ... I've never understood why celebutards like Trump and the Kardashians have "fans" in the first place for doing nothing.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.2.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  katrix @12.2.3    5 years ago
Trump had control of both parties for his first two years.

They always forget that part

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.2.9  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @12.2.7    5 years ago

I more or less disagree completely but you have a nice day now ya hear!

jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.2.8    5 years ago

No "they" didn't.  

Not this "they" anyway.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
12.2.11  katrix  replied to  Sparty On @12.2.9    5 years ago

Stop ordering me around!

You have a nice day, too ;)  I plan to spend my evening on a kayak in the river, now that it's not 100 degrees out or storming.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  Trout Giggles @12.2.8    5 years ago
Trump had control of both parties for his first two years.
They always forget that part

Trump has never controlled both parties.

That is ridiculous.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
12.2.13  katrix  replied to  Texan1211 @12.2.12    5 years ago

I'm pretty sure you know what was meant. Both branches, not both parties. The GOP had all the power and didn't do crap about replacing the ACA, despite Trump's promise that he'd establish the best health care.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.2.14  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @12.2.11    5 years ago

Nice!  

Enjoy!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.2.15  Sparty On  replied to  katrix @12.2.13    5 years ago

And i'm pretty sure you knew what Tex meant.  

Trump isn't exactly popular with either party.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.16  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @12.2.13    5 years ago
I'm pretty sure you know what was meant. Both branches, not both parties. The GOP had all the power and didn't do crap about replacing the ACA, despite Trump's promise that he'd establish the best health care.

So just like the Democrats who didn't fix immigration, right?

The Old Breed Marine
Freshman Silent
14  The Old Breed Marine    5 years ago

What most of you fail to realize is that Trump isn't the cause, he's the symptom.

Years of political vitriol, acrimony, insults, and disingenuous political "debates". That is the cultural environment that yielded a President Trump. 

He's confrontational, unapologetic, and gruff. He spoon feeds the Left a steady diet of caustic monologue, and they eat it up, and allow it to keep them constantly enraged. He's using their own reactionary impulses against them, and they are too blind with rage and outrage, to see they are being played. 

It's a political version of rope-a-dope. The Left is so incessantly fuming, that can't catch their political breath.

Since the day he was elected, they have been exhausting themselves with their anger.

What does he do? Just keeps pouring more fuel on the fire, and they fall for it again.

Look at where we are now? He's got the Left trying to defend open borders, talking about freeing convicted felons, debating infanticide, banging the drum of socialism, rioting in the streets with the antifa goons, and defending (4) America haters like they are noble.

He's playing possum like a wounded rhino, so they run 25 doomed candidates to make the party seem like a joke.

And anytime things begin to remotely calm down, he feeds them some red meat, and gets them right back into a tizzy.

Yep, the Left, and their antics, created and elected a President Trump, and now that their chickens are coming home to roost, they are losing their minds.

It's really quite hysterical.

Play On!

katrix
Sophomore Participates
14.1  katrix  replied to  The Old Breed Marine @14    5 years ago
It's really quite hysterical. Play On!

It's a shame that you apparently think so little of our country that having it turned into a reality TV show amuses you.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
15  livefreeordie    5 years ago