╌>

‘I just don’t want to kill 10 million people’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  60 comments

“If I wanted to win that war, Afghanistan would be wiped off the face of the earth,”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The ridiculous buffoon otherwise known as the president* of the United States is at it again, this time blowharding and fantasizing about his ability to kill "ten million" people if he "wanted to"

‘I just don’t want to kill 10 million people’: Trump’s comments reverberate in Afghanistan

JULY 23, 2019

2ACKQGFNDUI6TPC4445WAPT7HA.jpg

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan — Afghans were startled to hear President Trump’s remarks that he could end the war in Afghanistan “in a week,” but that it would cause the deaths of millions of people.

The office of Afghan President Ashraf Ghani on Tuesday immediately asked for “clarification” about Trump’s statement “via diplomatic means and channels.”

“If I wanted to win that war, Afghanistan would be wiped off the face of the earth,” Trump said Monday. “It would be over in literally, in 10 days.” He did not elaborate on how that would be done.

Trump made the seemingly offhand comments during visit by Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, where the two discussed a number of bilateral issues, including ending the war in Afghanistan.

“We’re working with Pakistan and others to extricate ourselves. Nor do we want to be policemen, because basically we’re policemen right now. And we’re not supposed to be policemen,” he said.

The statement from Ghani’s office said that while it “supports the U.S. efforts for ensuring peace in Afghanistan, the government underscores that foreign heads of state cannot determine Afghanistan’s fate.”

On social media, Afghans and analysts retaliated with their own heavy bombardment.

Rahmatullah Nabil, a candidate in Afghanistan’s upcoming presidential election, said in a tweet that in response to the president’s “insults” all Afghan leaders, from Ghani to the Taliban, “should drop their selfishness & announce that, we will make peace among ourselves.” There is no need for mediation from the United States or Pakistan, he added.

Others were more concerned with facts. Rana Momand, an Afghan-American tweeted: “Can some1 tell #DonaldTrump in order to wipe Afg off the face of the earth, he must get rid of 32 million Afghans, not just 10 mil.” The United Nations puts the current population of Afghanistan at 37.2 million.

Zaman Sultani, a South Asia researcher for Amnesty International argued via tweet that “There is no need to wipe off #AFG from the face of earth. The country is devastated by the meaningless war by the #Taliban and the corrupted & incapable #government.” He also urged the president to avoid civilian casualties in Afghanistan, which saw record highs last year.

The United States has been at war in Afghanistan since 2001, when it sent troops to the country after the 9/11 attacks to root out al-Qaeda militants. It is the longest war in U.S. history.

In Washington on Monday, Trump and Khan continued their meeting as planned, “strengthening cooperation between the two countries to bring peace, stability and economic prosperity in South Asia,” according to a statement from the Pakistani leader.

“The two leaders reviewed progress of the Afghan peace and reconciliation process,” it read. But Khan added that “pursuing the process was a shared responsibility.”

The statement from Ghani’s office Tuesday described Afghanistan as “one of the most deep-rooted and ancient countries of the world,” which has overcome many crises throughout its history.

“The Afghan nation has not and will never allow any foreign power to determine its fate,” it said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

It is virtually impossible to imagine any other American political figure bragging he could kill 10 million people if he wanted to. 

Or any American general for that matter. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    5 years ago

More diarrhea of the mouth and trumpsters don't bat an eye at this lowlife moronic POS.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
2.1  katrix  replied to  lady in black @2    5 years ago

What do you expect from people who actually support a reality TV "star" and psychopathic con man as our President? If you don't care about ethics, honesty, decorum, and adult behavior, why would his dangerous pretense at foreign policy bother you either?

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3  luther28    5 years ago

I would think that would be the general consensus of most folks that are not complete morons.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  luther28 @3    5 years ago

Why does he keep talking about wiping countries off the face of the earth?  It sounds like some sort of fantasy related to trying to overcome shortcomings in masculinity. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3.1.1  luther28  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    5 years ago
"Why does he keep talking about wiping countries off the face of the earth?"
Ignorance, blatant stupidity........pick your poison I suppose.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ozzwald  replied to  luther28 @3    5 years ago

How many people will be kicked off their life saving health insurance if Trump has his way in revoking the PPACA?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ozzwald @3.2    5 years ago

He's talking about taking 3.1 million people off food stamps.  A family of four making $36,000 a year would be excluded.  Christ, I make more than $10,000 more than that a year and there's just me.  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4  Bob Nelson    5 years ago

Let's look on the bright side.

The President has apparently come to understand that wars kill people.

That's progress, isn't it?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Bob Nelson @4    5 years ago
Let's look on the bright side.
The President has apparently come to understand that wars kill people.
That's progress, isn't it?

That is pretty stupid to think everyone didn't already know that.

BTW, how many wars has Trump got us into?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    5 years ago

If you were a normal Afghan citizen trying to mind your own business after 18 years of war, what would you be thinking today knowing that the president of the United States has spoken about wiping you off the face of the earth? 

Just admit that the asshole Donald Trump is an embarrassment to our country and we can go from there. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    5 years ago

What does Trump and [Deleted...... They're just brown people.]

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    5 years ago

After witnessing the failure of Obama’s troop surge that at one point had one hundred thousand troops there and cost thousands of lives and still failed to win the war. By now I’d probably agree that Trump is right. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.2    5 years ago
What does Trump and people like Tex care....... They're just brown people.

It isn't necessary for you to be posting crap like that, but, hey, you do you.

I don't give a shit what color people are.

Why would you make such a stupid claim about me?

Please post whatever it is I have ever written to lead you to think that I am a racist?

I am curious as to what led you top think that way.

You weren't just projecting were you?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
4.1.6  SteevieGee  replied to  Dean Moriarty @4.1.3    5 years ago
By now I’d probably agree that Trump is right. 

So...  You're good with trump killing 10 million people then?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    5 years ago
BTW, how many wars has Trump got us into?

Well let's see. 

• He bombed Syria, fortunately he was so incompetent about it no one died and no real damage was inflicted.
  • He called the childish NK dictator names and basically dared him to start anything.  But came to "love" him later.
  • He exited the Iran deal unilaterally, and is now posturing and threatening military action because they are not following the deal he broke.

So the answer to your question is that thanks to his utter incompetence, he has been unable to start any.  But I'm sure he will keep trying.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.8    5 years ago

So NO WARS STARTED BY TRUMP--WHICH IS WHAT WAS ASKED.

Nice to see you grudgingly admit THAT!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Texan1211  replied to    5 years ago

Remember when they were all whining that Trump would get us into war? Maybe even a nuclear war?

Now they are complaining that he hasn't done any of that?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.14  Ronin2  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.8    5 years ago
  • He bombed Syria, fortunately he was so incompetent about it no one died and no real damage was inflicted.

Syria is Obama's. As for incompetence, Trump purposely chose an air field that had no Russian or Chinese presence; and used ordinance for structural damage only. Which is smart because we are not at war with Syria, despite Obama's best efforts. We are there to stop ISIS/ISIL only supposedly. The bombing was for Syria dropping chemical weapons on Sunni rebels that the US is supporting.

• He called the childish NK dictator names and basically dared him to start anything.  But came to "love" him later.

No war then, right?

• He exited the Iran deal unilaterally, and is now posturing and threatening military action because they are not following the deal he broke.

So you have proof that Iran was abiding by the deal to begin with? Since they already violated the missile deal three times; with no response by Russia, China, or any of the so called US allies. But still no war right? You are right, Trump is incompetent; Hillary would have had us at war with Syria, Russia, China, and Iran by now.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.15  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.11    5 years ago
So NO WARS STARTED BY TRUMP--WHICH IS WHAT WAS ASKED.

And what does that prove?  Do all bad Presidents start wars?  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.17  Ozzwald  replied to    5 years ago
We should all be thankful that any aggression or overt act against us or a traditional ally has not occurred during his tenure

The truly sad part about this is that most Presidents, when they run for re-election, tout their accomplishments to try to win votes.  The best that Trump supporters can do is tout what he didn't do since he has no accomplishments.

"Vote for trump because he hasn't started a war yet."

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.17    5 years ago
Vote for trump because he hasn't started a war yet."

Better than the Obama reelection plan "kill Romney."

"Barack Obama’s aides and advisers are preparing to center the president’s re-election campaign on a ferocious personal assault on Mitt Romney’s character and business background"

lib50
Professor Silent
4.1.19  lib50  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.18    5 years ago

So you have a problem with that?   Bill O'Reilly made a fortune off conservatives by titling his books 'Killing Jesus' etc.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.15    5 years ago
And what does that prove? Do all bad Presidents start wars?

Why not stay on topic?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.21  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.20    5 years ago

Why not stay on topic?

Looks like I hit a touchy point...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.21    5 years ago

Looks more like you deflected--again.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.22    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.23    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.24    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    5 years ago

How unsurprising. Trump speaks a plain truth and everyone loses their minds over it. 

The reality of international politics is that we could force a lot of things with our military might but we choose not to because we're not a nation of insane bloodthirsty murderers endorsing a scorched Earth policy. Someone care to claim otherwise? 

That's all the man was saying. People ask him (like they ask any president) why he can't solve a problem faster, and he laid out the reality of it all. He specifically said he didn't want to kill 10 million people. No one has the common sense to see that as a good thing?

lib50
Professor Silent
6.1  lib50  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago
How unsurprising. Trump speaks a plain truth and everyone loses their minds over it. 

Oh, FFS, the jackass lies every time he opens his mouth.  Just stop with the gaslighting.  He LIES.  YOU DON'T CARE.  OWN IT.  But stop lying about his lies.  He never speaks a plain truth.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  lib50 @6.1    5 years ago

Non sequitur

lib50
Professor Silent
6.1.2  lib50  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.1    5 years ago

Joking?

Trump says whatever comes into his head.  He sounds like a boy in jr high, and that asinine talk from the leader of the country brings it to a juvenile level, and republicans try to translate 'what he meant' every time.  He lies, therefore nothing coming from him or his goons is taken seriously.  Threatening mass murder?  WTF?