╌>

Another 'straight pride' parade plans draw critics: 'That’s all hate crime stuff to me'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  69 comments

Another 'straight pride' parade plans draw critics: 'That’s all hate crime stuff to me'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

aaaa2f80-fa39-11e8-8fbf-da9c00b689c4   Ryan W. Miller, USA TODAY  

ba8fa6ddbef125c2b4e1ec4cf94cf777 Modesto, California, officials are weighing whether to approve a "straight pride" parade to "celebrate" heterosexuality and western civilization.

A so-called   "straight pride" parade   may be coming to California as Modesto officials weigh whether to approve plans for the event that would "celebrate heterosexuality."

City officials are reviewing an application for a permit to hold the event Aug. 24 in  Graceada Park, Thomas Reeves, a spokesperson for the City Manager's Office in Modesto, told USA TODAY.

Reeves said the event was flagged to the city's executive team as being "potentially sensitive" but that it was going through the approval process as any other event permit would.

"We can't deny a permit based on values," Reeves said. "The approval of this permit would definitely not be an endorsement or sponsorship of any particular message by the city."

Fliers circulating   on social media advertising the event list not just "heterosexuality" but also "western civilization" and "Christianity" as causes of celebration. According to the  Anti-Defamation League , white nationalist organizations often use terms like "promoting western civilization" as code words.

"There's essentially a war between two opposing religions. One is Christianity, and the other is satanism and humanism," Don Grundmann, head of the National Straight Pride Coalition, told USA TODAY. 

Grundmann, who is based in San Jose, however, insisted his group defends all races.

Describing a "broad cultural attack" on white people, traditional gender roles and "western civilization," Grundmann said "straight pride" as opposed to LGBTQ pride  serves a summation of those opposing religious view points.

Grundmann said he's confident his group will get approval for the event, and he's planning for about 500 people to attend. 

The city hopes to make a decision by the end of the week, Reeves said. The permit is currently being reviewed by various departments within the city government, he added.

"We've done research, we know what's being said out there, we know what this group has on its website, but that can't go into our decision making process on this," Reeves said.

Some in Modesto have been critical of the event.

"Have you ever been fired from a job for being straight? Have you been banned from the USA for being Christian? No? That’s because it’s Straight pride day EVERY DAY," Modesto Progressive Democrats   wrote in a Facebook post .

An event to protest the "straight pride" parade on the group's Facebook page already has more than 300 people RSVP'ed and a thousand more interested in going.

Rep. Josh Harder, D-Calif.,   who represents Modesto, said he was "concerned about the organization’s troubling references to race."

"This sends a terrible message to our LGBTQ kids, who are five times more likely to attempt suicide than their peers. A lot of these kids already feel alone and scared – this just makes things worse for them," Harder said in a statement.

Kristi Ah You, a Modesto city council member, was also critical of the event and told   CBS Sacramento   that she wouldn't consider the permit, if it were up to her.

"I don’t think we need to give a permit for anything that when you go to the page it talks about whiteness, it talks about western civilization, it talks about being Caucasian. That’s all hate crime stuff to me, that’s not okay," Ah You told the TV station.

Plans for the event come as a   similar parade in Boston received approval   last month. 

Organized by a group called Super Happy Fun America and aiming to celebrate "the diverse history, culture and contributions of the straight community," Boston's "straight pride" parade is slated for Aug. 31.

When plans for the Boston event were announced, critics called it a clear dig against LGTBQ pride parades and said it mocked the events that celebrate progress made by the LGBTQ community in the face of oppression.

Grundmann said he hasn't been in contact with organizers of the Boston event, but said the two events are "completely different" despite similar names.

"We have a far more comprehensive philosophy of why we need to do what we need to do," he said.

Follow USA TODAY's Ryan Miller on Twitter   @RyanW_Miller

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:   'Straight pride' parade in Modesto, California, may get approval

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago
"Have you ever been fired from a job for being straight? Have you been banned from the USA for being Christian? No? That’s because it’s Straight pride day EVERY DAY," Modesto Progressive Democrats   wrote in a Facebook post .

My thoughts as well.

Poor poor persecuted straight white 'christian' 'males'

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

Against the peaceful right to assembly and free speech? 

What a surprise./S

They have the same rights as any other groups. If you don't like it don't attend; and just ignore it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    5 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.3    5 years ago

You're confusing us progressives with these 'straight white males' - they are the regressives.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1    5 years ago
Against the peaceful right to assembly and free speech?

No one is saying they don't have a right to assemble and have their say. What I hear is that it's an extremely stupid way to display their ignorance and intolerance, as if they can't let a persecuted minority group stand up for their rights without they themselves, a never persecuted status quo, standing up themselves and trying to make sure no one forgets about them.

A "Straight Pride Parade" is like a group of women putting on a "Never Been Abused" parade, specifically for women who've never been beaten by their husbands, in response to a parade put on by domestic abuse survivors.

So go ahead straight folk, stand out on the street to celebrate the fact that heterosexuality has never been maligned or attacked, has never been persecuted. Wave your flags announcing the pride in something that has been taken for granted since the beginning of written history, that's your right as Americans. I myself, will not be attending though I am a straight white male. I have more than enough self respect to not feel the need to declare my pride in my personal sexuality as its never been challenged.

If I had been born gay and had my sexuality challenged practically since birth, then it would make sense for me to stand up and express pride in it instead of accepting the label of "pervert", "evil", "disgusting", "vile", and "sinner" that would have been forced upon me in this straight-centric religious conservative society. As it is, never having been persecuted for who I was born, I feel no need to stand up and express pride in rights I've never had taken away, and neither have any of these Christian conservatives attempting to put on this hilariously ignorant status quo pride parade. It's their right to express themselves, it's just funny and a little bit sad to watch them do so.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago
"Have you ever been fired from a job for being straight? Have you been banned from the USA for being Christian? No? That’s because it’s Straight pride day EVERY DAY," Modesto Progressive Democrats wrote in a Facebook post.
My thoughts as well.
Poor poor persecuted straight white 'christian' 'males'

I don't see how that has anything to do with a group of people applying for a parade permit.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.3  SteevieGee  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

They certainly have a cute flag.  Blue and...  Is that lavender?  Hmmm...

luther28
Sophomore Silent
1.3.1  luther28  replied to  SteevieGee @1.3    5 years ago

More along the lines of a mauve I believe, but it is rather chic.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.3.2  SteevieGee  replied to  luther28 @1.3.1    5 years ago

He's rockin' those skinny jeans too.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Ender  replied to  SteevieGee @1.3.2    5 years ago

And no girlfriend on his arm....

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2  Nerm_L    5 years ago

People are fired for being straight all the time; it's called sexual harassment.  The bar is pretty low for being fired, too.  When someone's sexuality creates an uncomfortable work environment they can be fired.  It doesn't require anything overt, like unwanted advances.  Nonspecific sexual language is enough; the sexual language doesn't have to be directed toward a particular person.  An individual only need display their heterosexuality to be threatened by charges of sexual harassment.  

Denying a celebration because of the groups race, religion, or sexuality is persecution.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
2.1  luther28  replied to  Nerm_L @2    5 years ago
"Denying a celebration because of the groups race, religion, or sexuality is persecution"

I have always found this a bit odd myself, in my time on the planet I have never felt the need to celebrate my race, in my case lack of religion or my sexuality.

My race is merely an accident of birth and the remaining two fall under the category of private and personal, in my case no cause for celebration, but no cause for dismay.

But then, to fully understand the impact of vitriol regardless of where it is aimed, one must look at the issue through the eyes of the persecuted I suppose, rather than our individual lenses.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  luther28 @2.1    5 years ago
I have always found this a bit odd myself, in my time on the planet I have never felt the need to celebrate my race, in my case lack of religion or my sexuality.

The purpose of celebration is to support the next generation continuing beliefs, traditions, and values.  A celebration is different than a protest.  

My race is merely an accident of birth and the remaining two fall under the category of private and personal, in my case no cause for celebration, but no cause for dismay.

So, there shouldn't be celebration of any race, religion, or sexuality?  Since some celebrations are encouraged then all such celebrations must be allowed.  Making distinctions based upon specific race, religion, or sexuality is persecution.

But then, to fully understand the impact of vitriol regardless of where it is aimed, one must look at the issue through the eyes of the persecuted I suppose, rather than our individual lenses.

In our current social climate, only the victims are allowed to define persecution.  In our current social climate, if a group claims they are being persecuted and cites vitriol direct toward the group then that is the only and final measure that must be accepted by society. 

Being offended at allegations of engaging in persecution doesn't have any merit in our current social climate.  Persecutors aren't allowed a voice; persecutors aren't allowed to defend themselves against allegations made by victims of perceived persecution.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
2.1.2  luther28  replied to  Nerm_L @2.1.1    5 years ago
"So, there shouldn't be celebration of any race, religion, or sexuality?"
Personally I  have no need, if others somehow find this beneficial then by all means. But as mentioned I find the need odd. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Nerm_L @2    5 years ago
People are fired for being straight all the time; it's called sexual harassment

Wtf are you talking about? Sexual harassment has no sexual orientation, it's not gay or straight, it's just harassment regardless of the gender that is harassing you. Or perhaps you are noting that the vast majority of sexual harassment and sexual assaults are committed by heterosexuals, because that is true. In fact, t he vast majority of male offenders who sexually abuse or assault other men identify themselves as heterosexual.

If you have an example where an employer finding out you're straight got you fired, please do share.

Sadly, these white nationalists and Christian conservatives claim there is a "broad cultural attack" on white people, traditional gender roles and "western civilization,". This is a lie. There is no attack on white people, there is no attack on traditional gender roles and no attack on western civilization (at least not coming from the lgtbq community, the attack came from Russian intervention in our elections).

No American is discriminated against for being straight.

No American is discriminated against for being white or Christian, no one is trying to ban being either.

Many Americans are discriminated against for being gay.

How is asking the community at large to treat people the same as anyone else an "attack" on whites or the religious? No one is making anyone else get gay married. No one is being told they have to abandon Christianity. The attacks are wholly one sides and they have been straight religious conservatives attacking anyone not conforming to and celebrating their conservative religious views. By making these spurious claims they confirm that they are the problem, not the lgtbq community that isn't forcing their lifestyle or ideology on anyone, they simply want to have all the same rights as any other law abiding tax paying American citizen regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith or lack thereof. Apparently that's not an ideal that religious conservatives can support, they've never believed in equality. They believe their race is the best, their faith is the best, their sexual orientation is the best and anyone not saying the same is an enemy and they feel the need to express that by putting on sad displays like a straight pride parade, as if they didn't already suck all the air out of every room with their prejudiced presence.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2    5 years ago
Wtf are you talking about? Sexual harassment has no sexual orientation, it's not gay or straight, it's just harassment regardless of the gender that is harassing you. Or perhaps you are noting that the vast majority of sexual harassment and sexual assaults are committed by heterosexuals, because that is true. In fact, the vast majority of male offenders who sexually abuse or assault other men identify themselves as heterosexual.

A link to a description of male sexual assault only indicates a bias.  Sexual harassment is about perception and not overt assault.  Did you know that calling a heterosexual male 'gay' is sexual harassment?  

Sadly, these white nationalists and Christian conservatives claim there is a "broad cultural attack"on white people, traditional gender roles and "western civilization,". This is a lie. There is no attack on white people, there is no attack on traditional gender roles and no attack on western civilization (at least not coming from the lgtbq community, the attack came from Russian intervention in our elections).

Calling groups of Caucasians 'white nationalists' and/or Christians 'Christian conservatives' just because they are white and/or Christian is persecution against all Caucasians and all Christians.  That is a clear indication of bigotry against a specific race and religion.  When government is utilized to enforce those prejudices then it becomes institutional persecution based on bigotry.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Nerm_L @2.2.1    5 years ago
is persecution against all Caucasians and all Christians

Bullshit. There are millions of white Americans who do not identify as "white nationalists" and there are millions of Christians who don't identify as "Christian conservatives". Those are specific sub-groups of people who often self-identify as "white nationalist" and "Christian conservative".

That is a clear indication of bigotry against a specific race and religion

Ah yes, the infamous "reverse racism". Many bigots act like putting limits on their perceived religious freedom "right" to persecute and discriminate against those they have labeled "others", the lgtbq community, people of other faiths or no faith, is the real persecution. Preventing them from discriminating against the lgtbq community or other minority groups, in their view, is the real problem in America. It's not their bigotry towards others, its any bigotry towards them that cannot, apparently, be allowed. What truly demented and warped thinking.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2    5 years ago

Nerm likes to make shit up as he goes along.  It's his MO.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2    5 years ago
'Wtf are you talking about? Sexual harassment has no sexual orientation, it's not gay or straight, it's just harassment regardless of the gender that is harassing you. Or perhaps you are noting that the vast majority of sexual harassment and sexual assaults are committed by heterosexuals, because that is true. In fact, t he vast majority of male offenders who sexually abuse or assault other men identify themselves as heterosexual.

If you have an example where an employer finding out you're straight got you fired, please do share.

Sadly, these white nationalists and Christian conservatives claim there is a "broad cultural attack" on white people, traditional gender roles and "western civilization,". This is a lie. There is no attack on white people, there is no attack on traditional gender roles and no attack on western civilization (at least not coming from the lgtbq community, the attack came from Russian intervention in our elections).

No American is discriminated against for being straight.

No American is discriminated against for being white or Christian, no one is trying to ban being either.

Many Americans are discriminated against for being gay.

How is asking the community at large to treat people the same as anyone else an "attack" on whites or the religious? No one is making anyone else get gay married. No one is being told they have to abandon Christianity. The attacks are wholly one sides and they have been straight religious conservatives attacking anyone not conforming to and celebrating their conservative religious views. By making these spurious claims they confirm that they are the problem, not the lgtbq community that isn't forcing their lifestyle or ideology on anyone, they simply want to have all the same rights as any other law abiding tax paying American citizen regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith or lack thereof. Apparently that's not an ideal that religious conservatives can support, they've never believed in equality. They believe their race is the best, their faith is the best, their sexual orientation is the best and anyone not saying the same is an enemy and they feel the need to express that by putting on sad displays like a straight pride parade, as if they didn't already suck all the air out of every room with their prejudiced presence.'

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @2.2.1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.2.6  Nerm_L  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.2    5 years ago
Bullshit. There are millions of white Americans who do not identify as "white nationalists" and there are millions of Christians who don't identify as "Christian conservatives". Those are specific sub-groups of people who often self-identify as "white nationalist" and "Christian conservative".

That's correct.  But claiming that all celebrations of Caucasian or Christian traditions, beliefs, and values is actually a celebration of white nationalism and Christian conservatism is bigotry, plain and simple.  

Ah yes, the infamous "reverse racism". Many bigots act like putting limits on their perceived religious freedom "right" to persecute and discriminate against those they have labeled "others", the lgtbq community, people of other faiths or no faith, is the real persecution. Preventing them from discriminating against the lgtbq community or other minority groups, in their view, is the real problem in America. It's not their bigotry towards others, its any bigotry towards them that cannot, apparently, be allowed. What truly demented and warped thinking.

There isn't any 'reverse'.  Directing vitriol and public condemnation against any group because of their race, religion, or sexuality is discrimination that is only supported by bigotry.  

A real white nationalist group isn't allowed to persecute anyone.  But no one is allowed to persecute real white nationalists, either.  White nationalists are allowed to celebrate and to protest without persecution just as is any other group.  If other groups believe they are justified in denying real white nationalists the right to celebrate or protest, then real white nationalists are equally justified in denying other groups the right to celebrate or protest.

The goose and gander get the same sauce.  That's what equality is about.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Nerm_L @2.2.6    5 years ago
But claiming that all celebrations of Caucasian or Christian traditions, beliefs, and values is actually a celebration of white nationalism and Christian conservatism is bigotry, plain and simple

Who is claiming that? That's just another straw man you've built to attack that has no bearing on reality.

This "straight pride parade" is just like if a group of women put on a "Husband Pride" parade to celebrate all the women who haven't been beaten by their husbands in response to a "Domestic Abuse Survivors" parade recognizing the battle many women have had to wage for personal dignity and self respect after having been beaten down for years by abusers. Not recognizing that, and deflecting with this bullshit "reverse bigotry" is just sad.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.2.8  Nerm_L  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.7    5 years ago
This "pride parade" is just like if a group of women put on a "Husband Pride" parade to celebrate all the women who haven't been beaten by their husbands in response to a "Domestic Abuse Survivors" parade recognizing the battle many women have had to wage for personal dignity and self respect after having been beaten down for years by abusers. Not recognizing that, and deflecting with this bullshit "reverse bigotry" is just sad.

So, what's wrong with that?

It's impossible to achieve equality through unequal treatment.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.2.9  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Nerm_L @2.2.8    5 years ago

Well, it would be their right to do so. It's a bit of a slap in the face to women who've actually suffered domestic abuse to watch a bunch of smiling faces celebrating the fact that they didn't, but that would be their choice. I find such ignorant behavior rather sad and callow, but I'm not really surprised you don't express a similar sentiment.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.2.9    5 years ago

Then perhaps they shouldn't watch if it is so upsetting for them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @2    5 years ago

These poor, poor persecuted 'straight' white males.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.4  MrFrost  replied to  Nerm_L @2    5 years ago
People are fired for being straight all the time; it's called sexual harassment. 

Well, which is it? Were they fired for being straight, or were they fired for sexual harassment? Or, are you associating the two to try to make a point? 

I was watching a documentary last night about the "War Of The Worlds" broadcast. The media latched on to this event and said, "people died that night", saying that the broadcast incited people to kill themselves. Well, people die every night. You are trying to associate one thing with another and it's dishonest at best. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @2.4    5 years ago

Its straight up bullshit like the majority of his posts

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.4.3  Nerm_L  replied to  MrFrost @2.4    5 years ago
Well, which is it? Were they fired for being straight, or were they fired for sexual harassment? Or, are you associating the two to try to make a point? 

When a gay guy claims that someone's heterosexuality is creating a hostile work environment then, yeah, the straight guy is fired for being straight.  And, yes, it has happened.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.4.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  Nerm_L @2.4.3    5 years ago
And, yes, it has happened.

Links?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.4.5  Nerm_L  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.4.4    5 years ago
Links?

You will need to submit your request here:

U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.4.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  Nerm_L @2.4.5    5 years ago

So, no links.

It's your job to support your statement, not mine.

As you either can't or won't, it remains unsupported.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.5  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @2    5 years ago
a celebration because of the groups race

Why not then have a white pride parade...Oh wait......

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.5.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Ender @2.5    5 years ago
Why not then have a white pride parade...Oh wait......

So, what would be wrong with that?

Trying to find excuses for unequal treatment won't disguise bigotry.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.5.2  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @2.5.1    5 years ago

Where is this imaginary unequal treatment? I see none...

If you think this is just about "straight pride", one of the members even differs with that opinion.

Describing a "broad cultural attack" on white people, traditional gender roles and "western civilization," Grundmann said "straight pride" as opposed to LGBTQ pride  serves a summation of those opposing religious view points.

Might as well have a KKK march as they are only promoting white, straight, Christian people.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2.5.3  Nerm_L  replied to  Ender @2.5.2    5 years ago
Might as well have a KKK march as they are only promoting white, straight, Christian people.

Your being offended doesn't mean anything in today's society.  Only the victims of unequal treatment can claim persecution and there isn't anything anyone else can do about it.

An all nude polka band parade could claim to be victims of persecution if they are denied the same sort of public celebration or protest that others are allowed.  If you aren't part of the group then your being offended doesn't count.  You aren't being forced to participate or even watch.  And trying to find an excuse for unequal treatment is nothing more than bigotry in today's society.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.5.4  Ender  replied to  Nerm_L @2.5.3    5 years ago

Hate to break it to you but all this group is doing is flying their bigotry like a flag.

Trying to turn it into this bigoted group is being persecuted is nothing but bullshit.

All you are doing is trying to tell people it is wrong to speak about them. Calling them what they are and calling them on what they profess is not in itself bigotry, no matter how you try to turn the table.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    5 years ago
A so-called "straight pride" parade may be coming to California as Modesto officials weigh whether to approve plans for the event that would "celebrate heterosexuality."

Haven't heterosexuals been "celebrating" for the last 2000 or so years?

I wonder if my husband's ex-wife will be there? She's currently on husband number 4. Now that's celebrating heterosexuality. (And she also hates gay people)

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3.1  luther28  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    5 years ago
"I wonder if my husband's ex-wife will be there? She's currently on husband number 4. Now that's celebrating heterosexuality. (And she also hates gay people)"

Gee Trout with her track record one might think she would give the other side a try, after 4 what has one got to lose. :)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  luther28 @3.1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

I'd like to see someone suggest that to her

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.2  devangelical  replied to  luther28 @3.1    5 years ago

her name wouldn't be goldilocks by any chance, would it?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  devangelical @3.1.2    5 years ago
her name wouldn't be goldilocks by any chance, would it?

Her first marriage to poor Reg was too cold...

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3.1.4  luther28  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.1    5 years ago

Well as they say, repetition of the same act expecting a differing outcome is well, insane :)

So the question you must ask the lady is would she rather be remembered as gay or insane.

If nothing else it will give her a philosophical question to ponder.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    5 years ago
She's currently on husband number 4. Now that's celebrating heterosexuality. (And she also hates gay people)

Is her name Kim Davis? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @3.2    5 years ago

Good one!  I forgot about that inbred prejudiced cow who spread her legs for every Tom, Dick, and Bubba.  

No offense to your husband's ex TG

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.1    5 years ago

Bwah ha ha

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

It's a dumb idea, but in America, you have the freedom to be dumb in public.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1  livefreeordie  replied to  Tacos! @4    5 years ago

Really? It’s a dumb idea to be proud of being normal?

well does the Bible declare

”Doom to you who call evil good and good evil, Who put darkness in place of light and light in place of darkness, Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!”   Isaiah 5:20 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1    5 years ago
It’s a dumb idea to be proud of being normal?

Putting on a "Straight Pride Parade" is like putting on a "Two Leg's Are Better" parade right after a parade celebrating our wounded warriors and others who have lost limbs.

“Four legs good, two legs better"... Animal Farm

Yes, we get it, you're proud to not have lost your legs and proud you're weren't born gay, do you really need to have a parade about it?

And as for your quoted scripture, doesn't really amount to a hill of beans does it in a secular country. Try peddling that to whatever theocracy you want to move to. I hear Russia has been very anti-lgtbq, maybe they'll listen.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1    5 years ago
It’s a dumb idea to be proud of being normal?

Yes it is. You have never been persecuted for it.

Do you understand the point of pride parades? They are put on by folks who have been marginalized in some way by the larger society. They have been dehumanized, told they are sinners, or deprived of normal treatment because of what they are. It crushes the spirit. 

That has not happened to people for being straight. Therefore there is no point to a straight pride parade except to be hostile to people who are lifted up by LGBT pride parades. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1    5 years ago
Really? It’s a dumb idea to be proud of being normal?

Define, "normal", with regards to humans? 

1) left handed?

2) Green eyes?

3) Dyslexia?

4) Club foot?

5) Downs Syndrome?

6) Born without a limb? 

Do you have as much ire for these folks or is it just gay people, (who are closer to YOUR definition of normal than those I listed above? 

Just out of curiosity Larry, how have gay people impacted YOUR life, personally? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1    5 years ago

Gay folks are as normal as everyone else.  If there is a god he made them that way despite your claims that they are evil for Christ's sake

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    5 years ago
Gay folks are as normal as everyone else. If there is a god he made them that way despite your claims that they are evil for Christ's sake

Then why have you made disparaging remarks about them?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.7  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.6    5 years ago

Show me one post where I have made disparaging remarks about LGBTQ folks.  

You can't so stop lying and trolling 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.7    5 years ago

Are you now denying saying that a certain Republican Senator is "light in the loafers" more than once?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.9  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.8    5 years ago

I'm not flattered by you following me around and trolling my seeds.  

That's all you got?  

The truth is not disparaging.   Ms. Lindsay is sucking the 'president's' little dick every day.  He's wearing his presidential knee pads

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.10  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.8    5 years ago

prove it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.11  devangelical  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.3    5 years ago

I've found that a common thread is getting their tonsils flocked in the church basement by a clergyman as a young boy is usually the case for severe hatred of the LGBTQ community by some evangelical.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4.1.10    5 years ago

Ms. Lindsey is such a drama queen.

He's gay. No doubt about it.

I wonder how many dead male prostitutes Ms. Lindsey has in her closet?

You know I was referring to Ms. Lindsey.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.13  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.12    5 years ago

Good job [deleted]  Do you keep a diary of all my posts?

[Only warning Tessylo, address members by their names only.]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.13    5 years ago
Good job Miss. Do you keep a diary of all my posts?

No need. It is on your history of posts.

You seem a little upset for me doing exactly what you wanted me to do.

Do you not recall this:

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Ender  replied to    5 years ago
personally, the thought of it is kind of, uh, nasty

Then don't think about it. Easy...

So you think all heterosexual sex is just for procreation? Have you ever used a condom or any form of birth control? If so, you are having sex not for procreation.

Also...NEWS FLASH...gay people can have children....

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.17  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  devangelical @4.1.11    5 years ago

I don't get the comparison.  I assume you are referring to clerical sexual abuse, but those are pedophiles, which are hetero, so why would those boys hate LGBTQ?  If I missed something in your post, apologies.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

As long as there are no tiki torches or white hoods involved, march on.