╌>

Trump trash-talks ‘con man’ Al Sharpton as Baltimore feud drags on

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  47 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

9197dca0-94e1-11e6-9718-4d4a4a2e45f0_US-   Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News   50 minutes ago  

President Trump, keeping up his  racially charged attacks against Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., and the city of Baltimore , found a new target Monday in the Rev. Al Sharpton, the longtime civil rights activist and MSNBC talk show host  who had scheduled an event there .

“I have known Al for 25 years. Went to fights with him & Don King, always got along well,”  Trump tweeted . “He ‘loved Trump!’ He would ask me for favors often. Al is a con man, a troublemaker, always looking for a score. Just doing his thing. Must have intimidated Comcast/NBC. Hates Whites & Cops!”

Returning to his attacks on Cummings, who heads the House Oversight and Reform Committee and has been a strident critic of the administration’s border policies,  Trump continued : “Baltimore, under the leadership of Elijah Cummings, has the worst Crime Statistics in the Nation. 25 years of all talk, no action! So tired of listening to the same old Bull...Next, Reverend Al will show up to complain & protest. Nothing will get done for the people in need. Sad!”

Trump claimed that Sharpton “would always ask me to go to his events.”

“He would say, ‘it’s a personal favor to me,’”  the president continued . “Seldom, but sometimes, I would go. It was fine. He came to my office in T.T. during the presidential campaign to apologize for the way he was talking about me. Just a conman at work!”

Sharpton responded with a tweet showing Trump attending his National Action Network convention in 2006, “telling James Brown and Jesse Jackson why he respects my work.”

"Trump says I’m a troublemaker & con man,"  Sharpton added . "I do make trouble for bigots. If he really thought I was a con man he would want me in his cabinet."

Trump stirred outrage over the weekend when he attacked Cummings, calling him a “brutal bully” whose district is “a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess.”

“If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place,” Trump tweeted Saturday, adding: “No human being would want to live there.”

Trump has used similar language to attack other African-American officials representing largely black districts, without regard to the actual conditions there. Cummings’ 7th district includes Johns Hopkins University and a mix of suburban, gentrifying, and rundown neighborhoods.

Cummings responded in tweets of his own.

“Mr. President, I go home to my district daily,”  the congressman replied . “Each morning, I wake up, and I go and fight for my neighbors. It is my constitutional duty to conduct oversight of the Executive Branch. But it is my moral duty to fight for my constituents.”

Cummings asked Trump to work with him on bipartisan legislation, such as a bill that would lower prescription drug prices.

Trump, though, seemed more interested in grouping together Cummings and the so-called “Squad” — four Democratic congresswomen of color who the president recently suggested should “go back” to their “broken and crime infested” countries.

“If the Democrats are going to defend the Radical Left ‘Squad’ and King Elijah’s Baltimore Fail, it will be a long road to 2020,”  the president tweeted Monday . “The good news for the Dems is that they have the Fake News Media in their pocket!”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

"Trump says I’m a troublemaker & con man," Sharpton added. "I do make trouble for bigots. If he really thought I was a con man he would want me in his cabinet."

Good one Mr. Sharpton!

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

If, in Donald Trump's jaded mind and limited imagination, the presence of some dilapidated houses makes Baltimore a shithole or that having homeless people makes San Francisco a shithole or that the discovery of an isolated illegal dump site in Los Angeles means that LA is a shithole too, then what real chances do the poor people of Flint have of ever getting clean drinking water?

Trump wants us to just give up on and abandon some of America's greatest cities ostensibly because the good American People who live in all those great American metropolitan areas do not support Trump nearly enthusiastically enough. They probably will not vote the way Trump wants them to. If it is so damn easy for Trump to write off great portions of the America People then do you really believe Trump or the damn gop gives one crap about you, your families or your home towns? WAKE UP PEOPLE! You've been had by a conman...

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2  igknorantzrulz    5 years ago

thats the comment i was about to paste

if n e 1 knows a con man, it's Trumpp

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

Sharpton is in fact a con man, a racist  and a bigot. I would not trust that man to walk my dog!

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1  JBB  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4    5 years ago

And, that is just how projection works...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  JBB @4.1    5 years ago

Same thing as the, "I know you are but what am I" argument. Trump is a pro at that one.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @4.1    5 years ago

Oh, I'm sorry I forget that on your posts only progressive liberal opinions matter.

Do yourself a favor and research his activities during the Jenna 6 episode years back. I always thought what a real humanitarian he was when he staunchly defended the Jenna 6, even after they severely beat a hospitalized a white classmate who did nothing to deserve what he got. Sharpton absolutely refused to visit that young man in the hospital. You might learn something. So much for his views on tolerance. He should have visited that young man no matter what his ethnic background. Sharpton would not even talk to the kids parents or visit their home.you have good day now.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    5 years ago

Another day another non white person attacked by our racist president.

Just another day in 'Murika'...

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6  lady in black    5 years ago

Trump is the king of racist, bigot conmen.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

Sharpton certainly is no man of God,  that's for sure!