╌>

ANTISEMITIC GRAFFITI PAINTED ON DOOR OF MINNEAPOLIS SCHOOL

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  23 comments

The graffiti discovered on Thursday at the Lake Harriet Upper School in Minneapolis included a swastika and the words “Kikes must die!”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The graffiti was painted over on Thursday afternoon, according to local reports.

BY MARCY OSTER/JTA (Reported by Jerusalem Post), AUGUST 5, 2019

Antisemitic graffiti on an Australian Jewish cafe. (photo credit: screenshot)

Antisemitic graffiti was painted on the door of a school in Minneapolis, the 17 th incident reported by the Jewish community so far this year.  

The graffiti discovered on Thursday at the Lake Harriet Upper School in Minneapolis included a swastika and the words “Kikes must die!”

The graffiti was painted over on Thursday afternoon, according to local reports.

On Friday, students of the school created chalk street art to spread messages of love and acceptance. The artwork included Stars of David and messages such as “I belong, you belong, we all belong” and “Love all!” A second “Chalk the Walk: Love Lives Here” was scheduled for Sunday.

Steve Hunegs, executive director of the Jewish Community Relations Council of Minnesota and the Dakotas, said that it is the 17 th   antisemitic incident reported to the JCRC in 2019.

“Perpetrators of these types of incidents are intent on spreading a message of hate and challenging the openness and respectful atmosphere of our community. Collectively, we must reject these chilling acts and the hate they represent,” Hunegs   said in a statement .

He said the council has been in close contact with the school principal and law enforcement officials and that “We appreciate their swift response to this disturbing incident.”

Minneapolis Public Schools Superintendent Ed Graff   said in a statement : In the strongest terms, Minneapolis Public Schools condemns the antisemitic graffiti at Lake Harriet Upper school. Our schools should be safe, respectful and welcoming places for all of our students, families and community members. And we stand united against hatred in all its forms.

Shabbat shalom to all who will gather with their families and loved ones tonight. We hope our entire community has a peaceful and restorative weekend.   pic.twitter.com/43ZdVQVvKs
— Minneapolis Public Schools (@MPS_News)   August 2, 2019

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

I'm curious to see what the Minneapolis Congress Rep is going to say about this.....

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
1.2  Sunshine  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

She probably wants to find that person and hire him.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     5 years ago

Minneapolis has been known as the most anti semetic city in the U.S. in the 30's, 40's and 50'....The Silver Shirts were started in Minneapolis and their goal was to drive Jews from America...That attitude has always been right below the surface. 

This is nothing new Buzz. Omar not withstanding. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @2    5 years ago

Correction, the Silver Shirts were not started in Minneapolis. Minneapolis was said to have the largest membership. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3  Jasper2529    5 years ago

Throughout modern history, the percentage of anti-semitism is much higher among blacks, hispanics, and Democrats/liberals/progressives than it is among whites and Republicans/Conservatives.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    5 years ago

American Stinker is one of your sources?

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    5 years ago

Lake Harriet Upper School is located in the Minnesota 5th US Congressional district represented by Ilhan Omar.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @4    5 years ago

She is not an anti-semitic.  Yet you blame her for the anti-semitic assholes.  

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    5 years ago

A fact is a fact.  What partisans do with that fact is their business.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @4.1.1    5 years ago

What fact?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.3  Nerm_L  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.2    5 years ago
What fact?

Are you disputing that Lake Harriet Upper School is located in Rep. Ilhan Omar's district?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Nerm_L @4.1.3    5 years ago

I'm disputing that Ms. Omar is anti-semitic.  

Being anti-Israel being given billions of dollars a year by us is not anti-semitic.  

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.5  Nerm_L  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    5 years ago
I'm disputing that Ms. Omar is anti-semitic.  

The fact doesn't indicate anything about Ilhan Omar's views.  That strawdog won't hunt. 

Motherlessgoat
Freshman Silent
4.1.6  Motherlessgoat  replied to  Nerm_L @4.1.1    5 years ago

Oy vey! This Jew just loves Anti-Semitism goyim explained.

I don’t support or approve of everything The Israeli government has its hands in. It is your contention, then that I hate Jews, that I hate my family, myself?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.7  Nerm_L  replied to  Motherlessgoat @4.1.6    5 years ago
Oy vey! This Jew just loves Anti-Semitism goyim explained.

Lake Harriet Upper School is located in the Minnesota 5th US Congressional district represented by Ilhan Omar.  That fact is the only thing that has been presented.

Are you disputing that fact?

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.8  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    5 years ago

This is Omar's fault. She is the representative for this district, therefore, by liberal logic, it is her fault for ALL anti semetic actions within her district.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  bugsy @4.1.8    5 years ago

e, by liberal logic, it is her fault for ALL anti semetic actions within her district.

She obviously incited it and must apologize for causing it, per liberal logic. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.10  bugsy  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.9    5 years ago

If she does apologize, it must not be believed and she must do it over and over again, no matter how sincere she is.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.11  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bugsy @4.1.8    5 years ago

Whether or not Omar is antisemitic is not the topic here, although the fact was already established:

n 2012, she tweeted that “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.”

"It's the Benjamins, baby" Who? "AIPAC"

She supports BDS, declared by Germany, of all places, to be an antisemitic organization, besides declared by Canada's Trudeau, and otherwise why are there attempts in the USA to pass legislation about it? 

So notwithstanding that she has under pressure apologized, and notwithstanding some members of NT stating that Omar is not antisemitic, the proof is in the pudding.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.1.12  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    5 years ago
She is not an anti-semitic.

You seriously believe that?  jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

Allow me to clarify something. In my first comment on this seed I asked if Ilhan Omar, whose district this is, is going to make a statement about the incident.  I made no reference in my comment to antisemitism.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1  bugsy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    5 years ago

My guess is she will say nothing. If that picture was posted on Facebook, she would give it a "like".

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    5 years ago
I asked if Ilhan Omar, whose district this is, is going to make a statement about the incident.

I wouldn't hold my breath.  She's already made her position clear.