Trump condemns 'racism, bigotry and white supremacy' after mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton

Via:  tessylo  •  3 weeks ago  •  113 comments

Trump condemns 'racism, bigotry and white supremacy' after mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

9197dca0-94e1-11e6-9718-4d4a4a2e45f0_US-   Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News   21 minutes ago  

1ee5b380-b78e-11e9-a4fa-bc1eb641b9c1 President Trump makes remarks in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House Monday as Vice President Mike Pence looks on. (Photo: Alex Wong/Getty Images)

In his first formal statement on the deadly mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, over the weekend, President Trump on Monday condemned the "evil" and "wicked" attacks that killed 29 people and injured more than 50 others. The president also condemned "racism, bigotry and white supremacy" while blaming the internet, video games and "mental illness" for the massacres.

"These barbaric slaughters are an assault upon our communities, an attack on our nation and a crime against all of humanity," Trump said from the Diplomatic Room of the White House. "We are outraged and sickened by this monstrous evil. The cruelty, the hatred, the malice, the bloodshed and the terror."

On Saturday morning, a gunman killed 20 people and injured more than two dozen others at a Walmart in El Paso. Just 13 hours later, another gunman killed nine people and wounded dozens more in downtown Dayton. Officials have not conclusively determined the motives behind the attacks. The El Paso shooting is being investigated as a possible hate crime. An anti-immigrant “manifesto” has been connected to the shooter.

Critics say that Trump’s anti-immigration rhetoric promotes racial division and violence.

"The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate," Trump said. "In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul.”

The FBI said Sunday that the El Paso shooting “ underscores the continued threat posed by domestic violent extremists and perpetrators of hate crimes .” The bureau added that the investigation is being supported by its "Domestic Terrorism-Hate Crimes Fusion Cell," which was established earlier this year.

The president said his administration has asked the FBI to "identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism. Whatever they need.""We must recognize that the internet has provided a dangerous avenue to radicalized disturbed minds and perform demented acts," Trump continued. "We must shine light on the dark recesses of the internet and stop mass murders before they start. The internet likewise is used for human trafficking, illegal drug distribution and so many other heinous crimes. The perils of the internet and social media cannot be ignored and they will not be ignored."

As he did on Sunday, the president also blamed the killings on mental illness, though authorities have yet to make any public determination of the mental state of the two alleged gunmen.

"Mental illness and hatred pull the trigger, not the gun," the president said.

Earlier Monday on Twitter, Trump  called on lawmakers to strengthen background checks  and suggested tying that legislation to immigration reform.

In his statement from the White House, which was read from a teleprompter, the president made no such suggestion.

"We cannot allow ourselves to feel powerless," Trump said. "We can and will stop this evil contagion and that task we must honor the sacred memory of those we have lost by acting as one people. Open wounds cannot heal if we are divided. We must seek real, bipartisan solutions. We have to do that in a bipartisan manner that will truly make America safer and better for all."

“The choice is ours and ours alone,” the president added. “It is not up to mentally ill monsters it is up to us. If we are able to pass great legislation after all these years we will ensure that those who were attacked will not have died in vain. May god bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo.”

Sunday’s killings occurred in Dayton, not Toledo, some 150 miles to the north.

Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, who suspended his Democratic presidential campaign in light of the massacre, was quick to notice.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Find text within the comments Find 

Tessylo
1  seeder  Tessylo    3 weeks ago

It's your bigotry, racism, and white supremacy, that is spurring these killings mr. 'president'

Tessylo
2  seeder  Tessylo    3 weeks ago

Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul

Is that your excuse mr. 'president'?

Tessylo
3  seeder  Tessylo    3 weeks ago

Who wrote that speech for you shithole?  A lot of those words have more than three syllables.  

Tessylo
4  seeder  Tessylo    3 weeks ago

“The choice is ours and ours alone,” the president added. “It is not up to mentally ill monsters it is up to us. If we are able to pass great legislation after all these years we will ensure that those who were attacked will not have died in vain. May god bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo.”

Sunday’s killings occurred in Dayton, not Toledo, some 150 miles to the north.

Fucking moron.  

Trout Giggles
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @4    3 weeks ago
May god bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo.”

What a maroon!

Tessylo
4.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    3 weeks ago

What did the feckless bitch Ivanka say? 

On Sunday morning, the first daughter and senior White House adviser sent a tweet blasting the “heinous and cowardly acts of hate, terror and violence.” She then called for God to “hold” the shooting victims and their loved ones “tightly in his loving arms.”

Hold on while I puke.  

MrFrost
4.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    3 weeks ago
May god bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo.”

The sad thing is he read that off a teleprompter, so whoever wrote that garbage didn't even care enough to make sure it was the right city, and trump is so jacked up on addy he probably didn't know OR care. 

MrFrost
4.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.1    3 weeks ago

Yea, I saw her tweet. She is just a more coherent copy of her moron, racist and idiot father. 

Tessylo
4.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.2    3 weeks ago

'and trump is so jacked up on addy he probably didn't know OR care'

Is that why he is sniffing all the time?  I thought was due to cocaine.  

MrFrost
4.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    3 weeks ago

Sniffing all the time isn't a side effect, but could be from drug use, or, simply allergies. Who knows.

Adderall: Uses, Side Effects and Abuse

Adderall is a prescription medication used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. Adderall, a brand name, is a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, which are   central nervous system   stimulants. Taking Adderall may help increase the ability to focus, pay attention and control behavior.

The drug increases the activity of the brain chemicals dopamine and norepinephrine, according to the   National Institute on Drug Abuse   (NIDA). Adderall mainly stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, which triggers the body's "fight or flight" responses, such as pupil dilation , increased blood pressure and heart rate and increased sweating.

Side effects

Dextroamphetamine and amphetamine may cause side effects, including:

• Nervousness
  • Restlessness
  • Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
  • Uncontrollable shaking of a part of the body
  • Headache
  • Changes in sex drive or ability
  • Dry mouth
  • Stomach pain
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Constipation
  • Loss of appetite
  • Weight loss

Some side effects can be serious, and the NIH says that anyone who experiences any of these symptoms should call their doctor immediately:

• Fast or pounding heartbeat
  • Shortness of breath
  • Chest pain
  • Excessive tiredness
  • Slow or difficult speech
  • Dizziness or faintness
  • Weakness or numbness of an arm or leg
  • Seizures
  • Motor tics or verbal tics
  • Believing things that are not true
  • Feeling unusually suspicious of others
  • Hallucinating (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist)
  • Mania (frenzied or abnormally excited mood)
  • Aggressive or hostile behavior
  • Changes in vision or blurred vision
  • Fever
  • Blistering or peeling skin
  • Rash
  • Hives
  • Itching
  • Swelling of the eyes, face, tongue or throat
  • Difficulty breathing or swallowing
  • Hoarseness (abnormal voice changes)

I bolded the ones that trump seems to have. 

https://www.livescience.com/41013-adderall.html

Tessylo
4.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.5    3 weeks ago

I know from experience, many, many, many years ago, but cocaine makes you sniff a LOT!

MrFrost
4.1.7  MrFrost  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.6    3 weeks ago

He could be doing some yeyo on the side, who knows. It wouldn't shock me if he does. 

JohnRussell
4.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    3 weeks ago

I was thinking myself that they probably had to sedate him to get him through the reading of the speech. 

Paula Bartholomew
4.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @4.1.5    3 weeks ago

Taking Adderall may help increase the ability to focus, pay attention and control behavior.

I guess it isn't working for him then.

JohnRussell
4.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @4    3 weeks ago
May god bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo

He was reading it word for word. Blame Stephen Miller for this one. 

Tessylo
4.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2    3 weeks ago

What was I thinking?

Miller reminds me of the scum who killed those folks in Dayton.  He wonders why no one wants to date him.  

MrFrost
4.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2    3 weeks ago
He was reading it word for word. Blame Stephen Miller for this one. 

No. If trump was the genius he claims to be, as soon as he said it, he would have corrected what he said by naming the right city, he didn't. Trump is an idiot, (as is Miller). 

The point is that these fuckers don't care about these shootings, to them it's just a number. 

Even more sad? I am betting that of the 30 that were killed in these two shootings, there is more than one trump supporter and trump cares so little, he is opposed to ANY legislation that would even come close to stopping mass shootings like this. Think about that, trump supporters. Would you be please with trumps response if you were one of those that were killed? 

No, not even a little bit. 

katrix
4.2.3  katrix  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2    3 weeks ago

And if he had a single brain cell, he could have corrected what he was reading.

I wonder if Miller was deliberately trolling Trump?

Trout Giggles
4.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  katrix @4.2.3    3 weeks ago

Dayton...Toledo....

They're both in Michigan, aren't they?

MrFrost
4.2.5  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.4    3 weeks ago
They're both in Michigan, aren't they?

Nope, Texas...

Sean Treacy
4.2.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  katrix @4.2.3    3 weeks ago
I wonder if Miller was deliberately trolling Trump?

Who was trolling Joe biden?

Paula Bartholomew
4.2.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.5    3 weeks ago

Nope...Puerto Rico.

Sean Treacy
4.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @4    3 weeks ago
Fucking moron

Joe Biden got both locations wrong...

so that makes him a double fucking moron. 

JohnRussell
5  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

Trump had his eyes glued to that teleprompter and never looked away from it. 

Earlier today on twitter he implied that if the media does not agree with his take on things there will be more bad things happening. 

News coverage has got to start being fair, balanced and unbiased, or these terrible problems will only get worse!

Trump is beyond redemption, and since he is a life long con man and liar, no words of his are ever persuasive. 

Trout Giggles
6  Trout Giggles    3 weeks ago

I just saw this headline:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-campaign-rally-hate-crimes-study-maga-2019-3?IR=T%3Futm_source%3Dfacebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=topbar&utm_term=mobile&referrer=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1Gyu35dz1YeL4OKJU1XQ5W3bpPV7J6t2o-1HQVvso6oVWAFGBeKjQOikY

Hate crimes increased 226% in places Trump held a campaign rally in 2016, study claims

I know he had a rally in El Paso a few months ago. Do you know if he had one in Dayton, OH?

Tessylo
6.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 weeks ago

Didn't he have one last week in Cincinnati?

How far away is that from Dayton?  

I just looked it up, it's 45 minutes from there although the scumbag has supposedly been planning his killings for awhile.  

Trout Giggles
6.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @6.1    3 weeks ago

I was going to say I didn't think Dayton was very far from Cincinatti

Paula Bartholomew
6.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    3 weeks ago

I read he is planning to go to El Paso.  Talk about adding insult to injury.

Raven Wing
6.2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.2    3 weeks ago
Talk about adding insult to injury.

Totally agree.

Paula Bartholomew
6.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @6.2.1    3 weeks ago

I bet he brings up the "wall" while there.

Tessylo
6.2.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.2    3 weeks ago

'I read he is planning to go to El Paso.'

I heard they don't want him there.  

Paula Bartholomew
6.2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.3    3 weeks ago

I heard that also, but the mayor will welcome him per protocol even if he hates him being there.

Trout Giggles
7  Trout Giggles    3 weeks ago
"In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul.”

Why don't you show us how it's done, "Mr President"?

Paula Bartholomew
7.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @7    3 weeks ago

Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul

Nice self evaluation of yourself Trump.

MrFrost
8  MrFrost    3 weeks ago

Trump says he has done more to prevent mass shootings than anyone.. Rolls back Obama era law preventing mentally ill people from buying guns, tells Moscow Mitch to not bring the two house bills regarding mass shootings to the floor for a vote.  

Here trumpy, let me help you out here.

"I have done more to promote mass shootings than any president in history..."

No charge donny, feel free to use that. 

MrFrost
9  MrFrost    3 weeks ago

MrFrost
10  MrFrost    3 weeks ago

Trout Giggles
10.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @10    3 weeks ago

That just makes me sad

MrFrost
10.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1    3 weeks ago
That just makes me sad

Me too, but it's not far off the mark either. 

MrFrost
11  MrFrost    3 weeks ago

This is what happens when you have a racist president that has the IQ of a turnip. He spews his hateful rhetoric and his supporters go shoot the people trump hates.

Trumpism is a CULT, no other way to put it. 

Nerm_L
12  Nerm_L    3 weeks ago

Well, Trump didn't deliver a 'thoughts and prayers' message, did he?

As usual, Democrats are scrambling to turn Trump's straightforward condemnation of racism, bigotry, and white supremacy into something else that can be used to score political points.

MrFrost
12.1  MrFrost  replied to  Nerm_L @12    3 weeks ago
Well, Trump didn't deliver a 'thoughts and prayers' message, did he?

Wow, talk about setting the bar low. 

MrFrost
12.2  MrFrost  replied to  Nerm_L @12    3 weeks ago
As usual, Democrats are scrambling to turn Trump's straightforward condemnation of racism, bigotry, and white supremacy into something else that can be used to score political points.

Mostly because dems know it's bullshit. Trump's history of racism is well documented. 

Tacos!
13  Tacos!    3 weeks ago

Criticism of this speech is disingenuous partisanship. He said exactly the kind of thing he should have said. If he hadn't said this, his haters would be complaining that he "never" says it. By the way, he has said this before, but every time he does, his haters ignore it and pretend it didn't happen, he didn't really mean it, or some other garbage.

MrFrost
13.1  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @13    3 weeks ago
Criticism of this speech is disingenuous partisanship. He said exactly the kind of thing he should have said.

Not really, no, not partisanship. He DID say what he should have said, the problem is his past actions and speeches/off the cuff comments are polar opposite of what he said. So we already know that this speech is nothing more than trump lying...yet again....trying to score points from his base before 2020. 

It also gives his base a talking point... "See!!!!!??? He condemned racism!!!!!". The reality is that it was nothing more than pandering for votes via another lie. 

Tacos!
13.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @13.1    3 weeks ago
the problem is his past actions and speeches/off the cuff comments are polar opposite of what he said.

What speech or action has he taken that endorsed white supremacy and/or shooting a bunch of innocent people?

So we already know that this speech is nothing more than trump lying...yet again....trying to score points from his base before 2020

So you acknowledge that his "base" is a body of voters who condemn white supremacy and random violence. Seems like that's a good thing. Don't we want a president who appeals to people like that?

It also gives his base a talking point... "See!!!!!??? He condemned racism!!!!!". The reality is that it was nothing more than pandering for votes via another lie.

Again, you think his base is anti-racism. I don't see a reason to complain about that.

MrFrost
13.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @13.1.1    3 weeks ago
What speech or action has he taken that endorsed white supremacy

MrFrost
13.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @13.1.1    3 weeks ago
So you acknowledge that his "base" is a body of voters who condemn white supremacy and random violence.

Pretty much the opposite of that. 

MrFrost
13.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @13.1.1    3 weeks ago
What speech or action has he taken that endorsed white supremacy

Tacos!
13.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @13.1.2    3 weeks ago

None of that is an endorsement of white supremacy or violence. It's just your inference and your inference is probably politically biased.

Tacos!
13.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @13.1.3    3 weeks ago

Well, that's not what you said. You said he was condemning white supremacy to appeal to his base. Seems pretty straightforward. You think Trump's base likes hearing him condemn white supremacy.

MrFrost
13.1.7  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @13.1.6    3 weeks ago
You said he was condemning white supremacy to appeal to his base.

Poorly worded, what I was trying to say is that he said he condemned racism so his base would have a talking point. 

Split Personality
13.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tacos! @13    3 weeks ago
Criticism of this speech is disingenuous partisanship. He said exactly the kind of thing he should have said.

You would think if he was sincere, he could have gotten the locations correct.  This is typical of the way he speaks when he is forced to do something "Presidential" and reads something stiffly from a teleprompter.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1158382016867512322

Tacos!
13.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @13.2    3 weeks ago
You would think if he was sincere, he could have gotten the locations correct.

Why? Why is that relevant? You never heard a president (or a rock star) get the name of a town wrong? Somebody made a mistake. It's like a typo. If you want to make something out of it, it's because you're looking for something to make into a problem. Like the 57 states thing with Obama. It's dumb.

This is typical of the way he speaks when he is forced to do something "Presidential" and reads something stiffly from a teleprompter.

Said every hyperpartisan critic of any politician since the invention of written-down speeches.

katrix
13.2.2  katrix  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.1    3 weeks ago

Because this is typical of his utter lack of attention to anything but his ego. Just as he couldn't get the name of Paradise correct ... if one of his opponents did something like that, his base would be all over the place saying they had Alzheimer's and shouldn't be President.

In his case, it's not Alzheimer's, it's just total indifference.

Tacos!
13.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  katrix @13.2.2    3 weeks ago

I'm not saying there should be zero criticism of getting the name of a town wrong. I'm saying two things about it: 1) It's a mistake made by every politician (and probably the fault of speech writers, which they all have) and 2) It doesn't mean anything beyond it being a simple mistake. It doesn't mean he doesn't believe the words he's saying, for example, as has been claimed here.

Tessylo
13.2.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.3    3 weeks ago

He doesn't believe one fucking word of what he is saying.  He probably doesn't even know what  he's saying as he's just reading it off a teleprompter.  

Tacos!
13.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @13.2.4    3 weeks ago

That is an assessment we all have to make with every politician. Do they really believe the things they say? That's a tricky question sometimes.

For me, I don't think trying to control illegal immigration or secure the border equates to an endorsement of white supremacy. If that were true, Chuck Schumer has been endorsing white supremacy for years.

JohnRussell
13.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.5    3 weeks ago
That is an assessment we all have to make with every politician. Do they really believe the things they say?

It's just ridiculous that we have to sit here and read this constant bamboozling nonsense coming from Trump supporters because the site rules allow people to say preposterous things and they cannot be challenged. 

Trump is a lifelong con man and liar.  This is not opinion. It is a known truth. In the past 4 years he has lied , TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE , thousands of times. And yet you want us to believe he is just another politician, as credible as any of them.  It is absurd. 

MrFrost
13.2.7  MrFrost  replied to  Split Personality @13.2    3 weeks ago
reads something stiffly from a teleprompter.

After his epic failure after charlottsville, when it come to race issues, his handlers make him read from a teleprompter. Problem is, the person that is writing the garbage on the teleprompter is as much a racist POS as trump is. 

MrFrost
13.2.8  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.5    3 weeks ago
For me, I don't think trying to control illegal immigration or secure the border equates to an endorsement of white supremacy.

Neither do I, it's what trump SAYS about the people trying to get into the country that is the problem. Obama went after the border crisis as well but the difference is that Obama didn't verbally berate Mexicans in the process which is what trump does on an almost daily basis. THAT is the difference. 

Dismayed Patriot
13.2.9  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @13.2.4    3 weeks ago
He probably doesn't even know what  he's saying as he's just reading it off a teleprompter.  

You'll never hear him riff off script when performing his mea culpa on racist rhetoric. Get him talking about the supposed "invasion" of immigrants and he'll go on for five minutes, feeding that red meat to the rabid crowd, but when denouncing racist hate he has to deliver a mumbled monotone message read from a script someone else wrote for him. You can almost hear his disgust, not at the bigots, but at having to be forced to address the racist violence he himself inspired. It's like watching a child apologize to their sibling for punching them in the arm after being forced to do so by their parents. "We are outraged and sickened by this monstrous evil. The cruelty, the hatred, the malice. I will never punch Sarah in the arm again. I'm sooooo sorry... But really, if you think about it Mom and Dad, it's the internets fault, or maybe violent video games and those Godless 'leftists'...".

Tacos!
13.2.10  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @13.2.6    3 weeks ago
we have to sit here and read this

No one is making you do anything. Ignore my comments if you don't like them.

they cannot be challenged

Go ahead and challenge me, if you can.

just another politician, as credible as any of them.

You think politicians, as a class of people, have a reputation for being credible? Honestly? 

Tacos!
13.2.11  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @13.2.8    3 weeks ago
it's what trump SAYS

I would love to see Trump speak differently than he does. He has all the class of a 7th grader in an insult contest. That does not mean he endorses white supremacy. A man can be a dick. That doesn't make him Hitler.

Obama didn't verbally berate Mexicans in the process which is what trump does on an almost daily basis

I have seen Trump's initial speech on the topic of illegal immigration. It was clear to me from the context and his words that he was not attacking Mexicans generally. He was attacking illegal immigrants specifically. That is a very small niche of people.

I do think he over generalized and created the impression that most of them were criminals. I think that's unfair. However, in no way does he verbally berate Mexicans as a general population.

Sean Treacy
13.2.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.11    3 weeks ago
He was attacking illegal immigrants specifically. That is a very small niche of people.

He was  talking about a subset of illegal aliens. It's a niche of a niche. 

It amazes me that even though Trump talks in a very simple style, many progressives can't understand even the most basic of nuances.  Trump needs to dumb it down even further for those progressives, I guess.  

JohnRussell
13.2.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.10    3 weeks ago

If you think Trump is just as honest as any other politician I feel sorry for you. 

Tacos!
13.2.14  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @13.2.13    3 weeks ago

Yeah, I'll just bet you do.

Split Personality
13.2.15  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @13.2.13    3 weeks ago

Trump's whole shtick is that he is not a politician, lol.  Anything but... he says.

Now he's singlehandedly making real politicians look more credible than they have in many decades.

bugsy
13.2.16  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @13.2    3 weeks ago
he could have gotten the locations correct.

Where is your post condemning Biden for saying he sends his condolences to Houston and Michigan? Oh, wait...he has the holy "D" next to his name, and he may be your vote for President, so he gets a pass.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/confusion-biden-offers-sympathy-for-the-tragic-events-in-houston-today-and-also-in-michigan

Got it...

Paula Bartholomew
13.2.17  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.1    3 weeks ago

If that had been his only mistake, I would agree but he has a long history of "mistakes".  The man speaks at a Holocaust remembrance ceremony and can't even pronounce the word Nazi.  It came out as Nozzie.

Trout Giggles
13.2.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sean Treacy @13.2.12    3 weeks ago

trmp doesn't use nuance when he speaks. He's more like a gorilla operating a jackhammer while simultaneously driving a tank

MrFrost
14  MrFrost    3 weeks ago

Death toll in El Paso now 22 with 2 more victims dying this morning. 

Dismayed Patriot
15  Dismayed Patriot    3 weeks ago
"We must recognize that the internet has provided a dangerous avenue to radicalized disturbed minds and perform demented acts,"

It's all that damn internets fault! Yeah, that's what it is, it's not the constant divisive rhetoric coming out of the white house, it's got to be the internet! Sure, that's where these domestic terrorists often watch their hero Trump disseminate his bigoted rhetoric that makes them feel emboldened, but we should blame the tool used to get this stuff just like we should blame the gun for any mass shootings, right? /s Internets don't kill people, radicalized right wing domestic terrorists who wallow in alt-right ideology on the internet kill people...

I'm almost surprised Trump didn't try and blame Al Gore and the "left" who the right often claim "invented the internet" for these mass murders.

Trout Giggles
15.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @15    3 weeks ago
I'm almost surprised Trump didn't try and blame Al Gore and the "left" who the right often claim "invented the internet" for these mass murders.

They haven't thought of it yet, but you just gave them the idea

Tacos!
15.2  Tacos!  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @15    3 weeks ago

They would, but he's not running for president right now.

Dismayed Patriot
15.2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @15.2    3 weeks ago
They would, but he's not running for president right now.

Touché. I doubt there is anything Trump wouldn't stoop to if he thought it would help him win in 2020.

Paula Bartholomew
15.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @15.2    3 weeks ago

Gore is too busy chasing Man/Bear/Pig to run.

MrFrost
16  MrFrost    3 weeks ago

If guns are not the problem, and people ARE the problem, why would you want the 'problem' to have guns? 

Sunshine
16.1  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @16    3 weeks ago

Why let people consume alcohol?  People are twice more likely to die from an alcohol related death than firearms?

Why would you want the "problem" to have alcohol?  Shall we close down all the bars?

What else would you like to restrict from people?  

Did you realize the number one killer of children are auto accidents not firearms?  Shall we confiscate all vehicles from households with children because "people" are the problem?

MrFrost
16.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Sunshine @16.1    3 weeks ago
People are twice more likely to die from an alcohol related death than firearms?

And how many 100 round magazines of ammo does a bottle of rum hold? 

Please, continue comparing apples and pumpkins. 

Did you realize the number one killer of children are auto accidents not firearms?  Shall we confiscate all vehicles from households with children because "people" are the problem?

And how many automobiles are designed with the purpose of SHOOTING people? None. Guns? 99.9% of them. 

Any other ridiculous comparisons you would like to make? 

Sunshine
16.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.1    3 weeks ago
Any other ridiculous comparisons you would like to make?

The comparison is not ridiculous although your attempt at trying to convince otherwise is.

Deaths per year is the bottom line regardless of the ammo or purpose.  If safety and saving lives is the issue, then we need to ban alcohol and vehicles from the "problem".

Dismayed Patriot
16.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sunshine @16.1    3 weeks ago
Why let people consume alcohol?  People are twice more likely to die from an alcohol related death than firearms?

So you're comparing mass shootings to someone walking into a night club with a stack of cash and buying rounds for everyone in the bar? Really?

Alcohol damage is slow, long term and something each person does to themselves, not something you instantly force on a group of innocent civilians.

And when people abuse alcohol, putting others at risk by driving a deadly weapon while intoxicated, they often get their privilege to drink taken away along with their drivers license.

MrFrost
16.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Sunshine @16.1.2    3 weeks ago

Vehicles and alcohol are NOT designed with killing humans like GUNS are. Seriously, pretty simple concept! 

Sunshine
16.1.5  Sunshine  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @16.1.3    3 weeks ago

So you believe death by alcohol or vehicle is less relevant than a death by a gun.

I thought the purpose was to save lives. Apparently it isn't.

r.t..b...
16.1.6  r.t..b...  replied to  Sunshine @16.1.2    3 weeks ago
Deaths per year is the bottom line regardless of the ammo or purpose.

Only to those trying in vain to ignore and somehow excuse the gun as the facilitator of mass murder.

Sunshine
16.1.7  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.4    3 weeks ago
killing humans like GUNS are.

Actually alcohol is.  It is a toxic poisonous substance that has addicting chemicals, same as cigarettes but as we know those are still legal too. 

Again, the point is to save lives, why not ban what is killing them more than firearms?

Seriously, pretty simple concept!

Yes your concept is simple...people are the "problem" so take away things from people.

Sunshine
16.1.8  Sunshine  replied to  r.t..b... @16.1.6    3 weeks ago
Only to those trying in vain to ignore and somehow excuse the gun as the facilitator of mass murder.

Who is doing this?

r.t..b...
16.1.9  r.t..b...  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @16.1.3    3 weeks ago
putting others at risk by driving a deadly weapon while intoxicated, they often get their privilege to drink taken away along with their drivers license.

And those driving, 'killing' machines are subject to registration and liability insurance along with operator testing and competency requirements. As it should be...but somehow is not when we talk about the gun.

Tessylo
16.1.10  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Sunshine @16.1.8    3 weeks ago

'Who is doing this?'

Look in the mirror

Sunshine
16.1.11  Sunshine  replied to  Tessylo @16.1.10    3 weeks ago
Look in the mirror

I have many times....have you?

XDm9mm
16.1.12  XDm9mm  replied to  r.t..b... @16.1.6    3 weeks ago

"Facilitator".  What an interesting word choice.

So, without a human being, the 'facilitator' would essentially be a paperweight unable to do anything of it's own volition as it is nothing but an inanimate object incapable of independent action.

So, please tell me, which is more lethal;

1- The inanimate object?

or 

2- The human being using the inanimate object?

Tacos!
16.1.13  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.4    3 weeks ago
Vehicles and alcohol are NOT designed with killing humans like GUNS are

Why does that make a difference? A lot of things cause death even though they weren't designed with the intention of accomplishing that goal. 

And anyway, we still restrict access to those things. You have to be 16 and pass a test to drive. You have to be 21 to drink. You can't do both at the same time, etc.

We get very outraged about death by "assault rifle" and rightly so. Any murder is terrible. There is all sorts of legislation restricting access to these weapons. Yet, according to FBI statistics, about 300-400 people are killed every year with any type of rifle. (By far, most firearm homicides are via handgun.)

Ten times that number of people die in swimming pools every year (yes, it's over 3,000!), yet there is no outcry, no national conversation, no legislation. Those deaths are every bit as tragic and avoidable as rifle deaths. Do people need swimming pools? Of course not. Were they designed to kill people? No, but does that matter?

We can do this with all sorts of deadly objects. The intent of the object is irrelevant to the fact that it leads to death.

And by the way, we have way more rifles in this country than we have swimming pools.

XDm9mm
16.1.14  XDm9mm  replied to  r.t..b... @16.1.9    3 weeks ago
And those driving, 'killing' machines are subject to registration and liability insurance along with operator testing and competency requirements. As it should be...but somehow is not when we talk about the gun.

That's the difference between a right and a privilege.

Owning and using guns is a Constitutionally protected right.

Driving is a privilege allowed, denied or revoked by the state.  There is no Constitutional protection to driving.

XDm9mm
16.1.15  XDm9mm  replied to  Tacos! @16.1.13    3 weeks ago
Yet, according to FBI statistics, about 300-400 people are killed every year with any type of rifle.

In point of fact, per the FBI, more people are killed by hammers than are killed by rifles.

Tacos!
16.1.16  Tacos!  replied to  XDm9mm @16.1.15    3 weeks ago
more people are killed by hammers than are killed by rifles

original

r.t..b...
16.1.17  r.t..b...  replied to  XDm9mm @16.1.12    3 weeks ago
So, please tell me, which is more lethal;

1- The inanimate object?

or 

2- The human being using the inanimate object?

In the hands of a human being, the inanimate object becomes lethal. When the lethality of that object is so constructed as to time and time and time again 'facilitate' the intentions of said human being, that object should come under scrutiny due to it's inherent lethal capabilities. Try to separate the two, but that is as tired an argument as the 'hammer' gambit.

XDm9mm
16.1.18  XDm9mm  replied to  r.t..b... @16.1.17    3 weeks ago
Try to separate the two, but that is as tired an argument as the 'hammer' gambit.

Are you opposed to facts?

that object should come under scrutiny due to it's inherent lethal capabilities.

Guns are continually under scrutiny.  they are one of the most regulated industries in this country.

What is not under the scrutiny is the people.  Case in point the Dayton shooter.  As is often the case, he had a history that was known, albeit 7 years ago.  BUT, why was that not scrutinized and DOCUMENTED further?   Having a killing/rape list is not what anyone could call rational, but they let it slide.

And the El Paso LLSBT (lowlife scumbag thug) had posted his 'manifesto' online.  I'm willing to put money on it that that was not his first foray into hate filed bullshit and threats.  But did anyone think to say anything?  And if anything was said, did anyone check it out?

Tacos!
16.1.19  Tacos!  replied to  r.t..b... @16.1.17    3 weeks ago
that is as tired an argument as the 'hammer' gambit

I don't know why it's tired. It's true whether you like the comparison or not. You probably imagine that we would not and could not ever restrict hammers. We absolutely could. I'll give an example how we can't have nice things.

For years, I took Sudafed to relieve nasal congestion from hay fever. It works great. And it was available without a prescription. You just walk into the store and buy it. No biggie.

You can't do that around here anymore. You know why? Meth. Drug dealers figured out you could make methamphetamine from over the counter decongestants. Some assholes misuse a perfectly safe and helpful product and now I have to show ID (which is recorded into a government database) and obtain a limited supply from behind the counter.

You think government cares that I think that's stupid? Hell no. Do you think it has done anything to reduce meth traffic around here? Hell no again.

MrFrost
16.1.20  MrFrost  replied to  Sunshine @16.1.5    3 weeks ago
So you believe death by alcohol or vehicle is less relevant than a death by a gun.

Yes because it's SELF inflicted. When was the last time we heard, "run for your lives, he has a half gallon of vodka in a plastic bottle, he might throw it at you, take cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"? 

When was the last time someone murdered 20 people in a shopping mall with a bottle of booze? 

MrFrost
16.1.21  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @16.1.15    3 weeks ago
more people are killed by hammers than are killed by rifles.

So you drive nails with a rifle? Kinda not the same purpose, is it? Hammer....rifle... Not saying you can't, but using a rifle as a hammer, or, a hammer as a rifle is going to work very well. 

But, since you brought it up. In 30 seconds, how many people can you kill with a hammer and how many with a rifle? 

Guessing the person with the rifle is going to...well, "win". 

Sunshine
16.1.22  Sunshine  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.20    3 weeks ago
Yes because it's SELF inflicted.

I didn't know a self inflicted death was less lethal or irrelevant. 

Apparently facts are irrelevant too.

Like I said, saving lives is really not the agenda for many. 

XDm9mm
16.1.23  XDm9mm  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.21    3 weeks ago
But, since you brought it up.

You don't like FBI facts either?  Take it up with them.

r.t..b...
16.1.24  r.t..b...  replied to  XDm9mm @16.1.14    3 weeks ago
a Constitutionally protected right.

As is 'Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.' Our government was created to protect these inalienable rights. We are not being protected. 

XDm9mm
16.1.25  XDm9mm  replied to  r.t..b... @16.1.24    3 weeks ago
As is 'Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.'

I suggest you review your founding documents.

Your quote does not, allow me to reapeat that for clarity and ensure it is understood, your quote does NOT appear in the Constitution of the United States, nor the first ten amendments, commonly referred to as The Bill of Rights.

It IS found in the Declaration of Independence, but that document does not define Constitutional rights in any way shape or form.

Paula Bartholomew
16.1.26  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sunshine @16.1    3 weeks ago

Drinking is a choice.  Loosing your life shopping isn't.

Sunshine
16.1.27  Sunshine  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @16.1.26    3 weeks ago
Loosing your life shopping isn't.

Loosing your life while driving or riding in a car isn't a choice either.  About 36 people per day loose their lives due to drunk drivers and 700 injured.  Alcohol related deaths way out pace gun deaths.

MUVA
16.1.28  MUVA  replied to  Sunshine @16.1.27    3 weeks ago

Time to confiscate cars.

Paula Bartholomew
16.1.29  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  XDm9mm @16.1.15    3 weeks ago

I just looked it up.  It was hammers and other blunt objects, not hammers alone.

Paula Bartholomew
16.1.30  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sunshine @16.1.27    3 weeks ago

True, but I was using what happened at COSCO.

r.t..b...
16.1.31  r.t..b...  replied to  XDm9mm @16.1.25    3 weeks ago
(deleted)

Tessylo
16.1.32  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  r.t..b... @16.1.31    3 weeks ago

Like thoughts and prayers.  Useless without action/works.  

Paula Bartholomew
17  Paula Bartholomew    3 weeks ago

Trump condemning this is like Michael Moore condemning pizza.  Neither would be truthful.

Paula Bartholomew
18  Paula Bartholomew    3 weeks ago

Trump can expect a YUGEEEEEEE crowd of protesters when he deplanes in El Paso.