╌>

Ohio Rep. Candice Keller, who blamed mass shootings on drag queens and marijuana, refuses calls for her resignation

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  10 comments

Ohio Rep. Candice Keller, who blamed mass shootings on drag queens and marijuana, refuses calls for her resignation

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

6bc486e0-6e20-11e7-949d-571192f761f3_aol   Dillon Thompson, AOL.com  

An Ohio state lawmaker   who blamed mass shootings   on legal marijuana, gay marriage and "drag queen advocates" is sticking by her comments despite calls for her resignation,   according to the Cincinnati Enquirer

Candice Keller, a state representative from Middletown, Ohio, originally posted the comments to her personal Facebook page on Sunday. The post came just hours after a gunman   opened fire at a bar in Dayton, Ohio , early Sunday morning, killing nine people and leaving dozens more injured.

Keller's post blamed a number of sources, including "the breakdown of the American family," "hatred of our veterans" and "snowflakes, who can't accept a duly-elected president."

aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS56ZW5mcy5jb20vZW4vYW9s

Now, some state politicians are calling for Keller to step down. Ohio Republican Party leader   Jane Timken   called the post "shocking" and asked for Keller's resignation, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

"While our nation was in utter shock over the acts of violence in El Paso and Dayton, Republican State Representative Candice Keller took to social media to state why she thought these acts were happening," Timken said in a statement. "Candice Keller's Facebook post was shocking and utterly unjustifiable. Our nation is reeling from these senseless acts of violence and public servants should be working to bring our communities together, not promoting divisiveness."

Timken has reportedly not spoken with Keller directly about a resignation. Keller, who is currently running for the Ohio Senate, responded to the public statement with a refusal to stall her political career.

"Establishment moderates have never been fans of mine because I ran against their endorsement and won," Keller said in a statement. "As the only conservative in this race, I will be taking my Senate campaign to the voters to decide."

Other lawmakers, such as Cincinnati City Councilman  Chris Seelbach , have also spoken out. Seelbach, who was  Cincinnati's first openly gay councilman , specifically took issue with Keller's comments on same-sex marriage. He also urged Ohioans to call Keller directly with their thoughts.

Richard Jones, the sheriff of Butler County — which contains Keller's district — also called for the congresswoman's resignation.

"Candice Keller should resign at once. Shame shame,"   Jones tweeted Monday .

Police are still investigating Sunday's shooting in Dayton and have  said they are not close to establishing a motive

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

You've got all the 'president's' talking points and dog whistles down pat you crazy bitch!

jrSmiley_44_smiley_image.gif

luther28
Sophomore Silent
2  luther28    5 years ago

Another nitwit.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

This gal is obviously a loony toones nut case case who has zero business in elected office!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

Talk about your sweeping generalizations!

I do agree that fathers need to be more involved with their children....if they are good fathers. Some are not good fathers and there's a reason they don't belong in the home.

As for the rest of her screed....take a chill pill, Candace. Better yet, why don't you just take a toke on a doobie?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    5 years ago

There was some other crazy shit on her FB page about abortion providers getting $750 per abortion and also selling baby parts for profit.

Batshit crazy Bitch!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    5 years ago

She watches way too much Fox News. Is she a US Congress critter or just a state rep? The state ones tend to be more cuckoo than the US ones

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    5 years ago

Yet how many of her followers will quote her FB shit as gospel?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.2    5 years ago

probably quite a few...unless she's the Jason Rapert of Ohio. Jason Rapert is a state senator from Conway, Arkansas. I do believe he has more trolls on his face book page than he does people that actually like him. He says some dumbass shit

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.1    5 years ago

I believe she is just a state rep.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    5 years ago

I could have gone back up and checked the article (I did read it) but I'm lazy. Thanks, Tessy.