Biden: Trump ‘fanning the flames of white supremacy’

Via:  john-russell  •  3 weeks ago  •  26 comments

Biden: Trump ‘fanning the flames of white supremacy’
Trump "has more in common with George Wallace than George Washington," he added.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Joe Biden on Wednesday accused President Donald Trump of "fanning the flames of white supremacy" in his most aggressive attack yet on the character of the man he would like to defeat in 2020.

"Trump offers no moral leadership," Biden declared in Burlington, Iowa. The president "seems to have no interest in unifying the nation."

Biden's remarks, which have been echoed in some form by most of the Democratic presidential candidates, signaled how sharp and bitter the nation's cultural and political divides will be on the long road to Election Day.

They also marked a moment of unity for Biden and his presidential rivals, who have turned on each other in recent weeks. But on Wednesday, they were nearly unanimous in their support of an aggressive plan to confront gun violence just days after another series of mass shootings elevated the issue to the forefront of the party's presidential primary.

.....Biden promised to ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, reminding voters that he helped enact the now-expired law in the 1990s that originally outlawed such weapons. He also signaled support for a federal program to buy back assault weapons from gun owners.

Turning to the president, Biden said, there was "no evidence that that the presidency has awakened his conscience in the least." Trump "has more in common with George Wallace than George Washington," he added.

Trump derided Biden's remarks on Twitter as "sooo boring!"

Gilda Cobb-Hunter, a South Carolina state legislator, who has been critical of Biden at times, said it's beyond time for elected leaders to embrace gun control, even if it turns off some rural voters.

"I want to see Democrats take a stand on this issue," she said. "Enough with the words. It's time for action."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Find text within the comments Find 

JohnRussell
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

Biden took Trump out to the woodshed and tanned his backside today.

At one point he said Trump was "low energy" when he tried to speak about the weekends shootings. 

KDMichigan
1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 weeks ago
Biden took Trump out to the woodshed and tanned his backside today.

He did? I got the impression that he looked like every other dumbass who is blaming a shooting on a President because Hillarious Hillary lost.

Sleepy Joe can't even come up with anything original.

The only time Sleepy Joe is on his game is when there are women and children around to grope. 

Paula Bartholomew
1.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1    2 weeks ago

It is Trump who gropes and sexualizes infants....his own.

JBB
2  JBB    3 weeks ago

Need I even say it? Joe Biden is Presidential...

Texan1211
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2    3 weeks ago
Need I even say it? Joe Biden is Presidential...

Need you say it?

You are auditioning your comedy act, right?

Of course you need to use it!

It is freaking hilarious!

Karri
2.2  Karri  replied to  JBB @2    3 weeks ago
Joe Biden is Presidential..

I wasn't routing for Biden in the primaries.  After today's speech (which I watched live), I am changing my mind.  Yes, he was very Presidential.  I may just change my mind about voting for him in the primary.

MUVA
2.2.1  MUVA  replied to  Karri @2.2    3 weeks ago

I will watch myself I don't think it will make a difference if it is live or not.

MUVA
2.3  MUVA  replied to  JBB @2    3 weeks ago

Creepy Joe come on.

Tacos!
2.4  Tacos!  replied to  JBB @2    3 weeks ago
Joe Biden is Presidential

There's nothing presidential about taking tragedies like this and making them political. The actual president is expressing sympathy for victims and urging Americans to come together and fight the bigotry that feeds these events.

Professional politicians like Biden are doing everything they can to score political points by trying to blame the acts of a madman on a political opponent. That's sick and it couldn't be less presidential.

1stwarrior
2.4.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Tacos! @2.4    2 weeks ago

Paula Bartholomew
2.4.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tacos! @2.4    2 weeks ago

Trump has the sympathy of a rabid armadillo.

Sunshine
3  Sunshine    3 weeks ago
Trump "has more in common with George Wallace than George Washington," he added.

Wasn't George Washington a slave owner? jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Sleepy Joe is becoming Sloppy Joe.  

Paula Bartholomew
3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sunshine @3    2 weeks ago

Trump doesn't own slaves, but the visa workers he imports work for slave wages.

Tacos!
4  Tacos!    3 weeks ago

Democrats are frothing at the mouth in their race to blame Trump for these murders. All Trump has done is condemn bigotry and racism and express sympathy for the victims and their loved ones. Democrats want to score political points by scapegoating the president. It's disgusting. Even more disgusting is the fact they will accuse him of divisive rhetoric. They need to look in the mirror.

Karri
4.1  Karri  replied to  Tacos! @4    2 weeks ago
All Trump has done is condemn bigotry and racism

Other than in his hostage video, can you tell me when he condemned bigotry and racism?

divisive rhetoric.

Serious question:  When did he ever say anything that was truly unifying?

Tacos!
4.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Karri @4.1    2 weeks ago
can you tell me when he condemned bigotry and racism?

I can and I'll post one link here. But honestly, you can Google a thing like that, ya know? Just Google "Trump condemns white supremacy" or "Trump condemns bigotry," or "Trump calls for unity" etc. You'll get multiple results from several different times. I provide a lot of links in my comments when I make claims, but stuff like that is pretty easy for anyone to find.

If you genuinely think that Trump has never condemned these things (multiple times, by the way) or called for unity (again, multiple times) then you are either badly misinformed or willfully ignorant.

Trump condemns bigotry in response to mass shootings

Trump, a Republican, whom Democrats have accused of stoking racial divisions, said Americans must “condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy,” a day after Texas officials said racial hatred was a possible motive in the killings of 22 people in the southern border city of El Paso.

and,

“These sinister ideologies must be defeated,” he said in remarks at the White House. “Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul.”

Hopefully you will take this new information and spread around the good news.

Karri
4.1.2  Karri  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.1    2 weeks ago

That was the hostage video to which I did refer.  Do you have one where he is speaking off the cuff?  All I can remember are comments like "very fine people on both sides" referring, in part, to Neo-Nazis.

As a white, widowed (or married), educated woman living in the suburbs, he is turning off a large constituency that he will need to get reelected.  In fact, these are the people who handed the House to the Dems in 2018.  We do not like racist and bigoted remarks like those consistently tweeted or spoken by DJT

Dismayed Patriot
4.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Karri @4.1.2    2 weeks ago
Do you have one where he is speaking off the cuff? 

Whenever he's condemning white supremacy which he's hesitantly done twice so far, he reads it off a script in a monotone which sends the signal to his white supremacist supporters that he doesn't really believe it and is being forced to mea culpa by the liberal media PC police. When he starts speaking his own thoughts off the cuff, its always about how terrible immigrants are, how they're just MS-13 and rapists and criminals, they're an invasion, they're an infestation, he can go on for ten minutes to the roaring cheers of his bigoted rally crowds about how scary immigrants from the southern border are. It's why his sycophant fan drove hundreds of miles to a southern border town to massacre immigrants, not to the Canadian border even though we don't have a wall there either. Could you imagine how people would have reacted had Trump said:

“When Canada sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Canadians-top-the-list-of-visitors-overstaying-13150776.php

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/more-canadians-in-u-s-overstayed-visas-than-any-other-foreigners-last-year-report-1.4047809

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/canadians-not-mexicans-represent-largest-number-of-visa-overstays-in-the-u-s-according-to-department-of-homeland-security

https://globalnews.ca/news/5713801/meth-seized-coutts-border-crossing/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-is-freaking-out-about-the-wrong-border-killer-fentanyl-is-coming-from-canada

Tacos!
4.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Karri @4.1.2    2 weeks ago
All I can remember are comments like "very fine people on both sides" referring, in part, to Neo-Nazis.

That's a good example of misinformation. When he made the "very fine people" comment, he immediately said (without prompting) that he was not referring to neo-nazis and that those people should be "condemned totally." The "very fine people" were simply people who objected to the taking down of statues and renaming of parks. He explains all this at about 1:55 of the video below. Sadly, the media doesn't like to report that part.

We do not like racist and bigoted remarks like those consistently tweeted or spoken by DJT

Speaking of tweets by Trump:

The riots in Charlottesville a year ago resulted in senseless death and division. We must come together as a nation. I condemn all types of racism and acts of violence. Peace to ALL Americans!

Tessylo
4.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.4    2 weeks ago

It's not misinformation, it's truth

It's easy to say a year after the fact that he condemns it all.  Too little, too late

Tacos!
4.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.5    2 weeks ago
It's easy to say a year after the fact that he condemns it all

You didn't watch the video, did you. He condemns those people in the video which was a press conference he held at the time, not a year later. The tweet a year later simply reiterated the sentiment.

Sean Treacy
4.1.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.4    2 weeks ago

It speaks volumes that Democrats continue to rely on a lie to call Trump a racist. 

The transcript of the press conference doesn't lie "I'm not talking about the neo-nazis and the white nationalists because they should be condemned totally." August 15, 2017.

The infamous russian trolls can learn a lot from Progressives about misinformation campaigns. They've perfected it. From internet discussion site commentators to Democratic Presidential candidates, they just keep repeating falsehoods.

Texan1211
4.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.7    2 weeks ago
It speaks volumes that Democrats continue to rely on a lie to call Trump a racist.

It is sad they continue to perpetuate lies and refuse to look anything up for themselves.

The facts will continue to be ignored or misconstrued in favor of "I Hate Trump" screechings.

Karri
4.1.9  Karri  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1.3    2 weeks ago
Whenever he's condemning white supremacy which he's hesitantly done twice so far, he reads it off a script in a monotone which sends the signal to his white supremacist supporters that he doesn't really believe it and is being forced to mea culpa by the liberal media PC police.

Exactly.  Hostage videos.  It is so clear he is being forced to read it and that he doesn't believe a word of it.

Karri
4.1.10  Karri  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.4    2 weeks ago
President Donald Trump On Charlottesville: You Had Very Fine People, On Both Sides | CNBC

OMG.  If you didn't see the landslide of racism, I can't help you.

As for the tweet -- if you notice, when DJT writes a tweet, there are problems with spelling and grammar.  Also, he tends to use all caps when it is not necessary.  I saw none of that in this tweet.  I wonder who really wrote it.

Jeremy Retired in NC
4.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.7    2 weeks ago

It's not like they have anything else.  It's made even more ridiculous when they even went as far as sending out the blithering idiot Biden to keep it going.