╌>

The Trumps are called a ‘heartless couple’ for grinning photo op with baby orphaned in El Paso shooting

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  41 comments

The Trumps are called a ‘heartless couple’ for grinning photo op with baby orphaned in El Paso shooting

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.

d2fd79b0-4be2-11e9-be67-1e8eee87af05   Suzy Byrne, Yahoo Lifestyle   1 hour 41 minutes ago  

6efa1a20-baa7-11e9-bfdb-aaa921ef2e43
(Photo: Melania Trump via Instagram)

The Trumps are being slammed over their photo op with a baby orphaned during the El Paso shooting.

The president and first lady visited Texas and Dayton, Ohio, on Wednesday after last weekend’s mass shootings.  Photos  from the visits were posted to Melania’s Instagram and there has been criticism over their poses in one as they stand next to the baby, whose parents died saving his life, both grinning widely. Further, the president was giving a thumbs-up.

The photo is all over social media and critics of the president have dubbed it “disgusting” while the pair has been called a “heartless couple.” Actor  John Cusack  said “there is no bottom to the abyss,” while   The View ’s  Ana Navarro-Cárdenas  called the president an imbecile.

It has also been lost on no one that other victims of the shooting  reportedly refused to meet Trump   during his El Paso hospital visit. So the fact that the baby — who’s unable to speak for himself — was in a photo circulated by the White House is especially bothersome to many.

Andre and Jordan Anchondo were the parents of the child. They were shopping for party supplies for their daughter, who is turning 6, at Walmart when the shooting rampage began. Andre died protecting Jordan and she died shielding 2-month-old Paul, who was grazed by a bullet but survived.

In addition to the couple, 20 others were killed in the attack, which federal prosecutors are treating as an act of domestic terrorism and a potential hate crime. The shooter reportedly posted a hate-filled, anti-immigrant manifesto online just prior to the mass shooting speaking of a “Hispanic invasion of Texas” and writing that white people are being replaced by foreigners.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

It has also been lost on no one that other victims of the shooting reportedly refused to meet Trump during his El Paso hospital visit. So the fact that the baby — who’s unable to speak for himself — was in a photo circulated by the White House is especially bothersome to many.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago
So the fact that the baby — who’s unable to speak for himself — was in a photo circulated by the White House is especially bothersome to many.

The poor orphaned, defenseless baby, who can not now voice his own opinion or how he feels about the horrific massacre that took the lives of his parents, was unwittingly used as a pawn in a photo op for Trump.

While he may not realize it now, as he is too young to understand, I wonder how he will feel in the years to come when he is made aware of the situation of how his parents died and how he was used as a pawn by the then President of his country to try to make the President look like he really cared about those who lost their lives and the ones who were injured in the massacre that took the lives of his parents and left him an orphan. 

Perhaps no one thinks about that now, or even cares, but, one day this child will have to live with the truth that will follow him throughout his life. And Trump, nor any of his ardent followers, will care one bit what will happen to that child when they grow up. As his name will go down in the history books as a survivor and the picture that made him famous. 

I don't think there will be any smiles on his face when that day comes.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    5 years ago

It's all about him and now her, not that poor orphaned child and the reason why that child is an orphan

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  lady in black @2    5 years ago
It's all about him and now her, not that poor orphaned child and the reason why that child is an orphan

Sad they were using an orphaned child as a prop. Even more sad that they are grinning about it instead of having faces showing concern. And even more sad that Trump is giving his signature "Trump Fonz" thumbs up. Combined this makes for one disgusting photo op that sadly doesn't surprise anyone at this point which really says a lot as to how far Trump has demeaned the office of President.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1    5 years ago

I heard a story that this wasn't the baby that the mother fell on to save its life. The baby that survived the shooting supposedly had a bunch of broken bones because of Mom falling on him

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    5 years ago

The baby just lost his Mother and Father in a most horrible tragedy, and yet Trump and is ohh so proper wife are all smiles and happy faces. Sad. Truly sad.

Which just goes to prove that they were really there for an photo op, not to console those who had lost family members or were seriously injured. Totally pathetic of both the President and First Lady. 

And no....it is not just because it is Trump, I would say the same thing no matter who the President and First Lady were if they acted in the same manner. It's grossly unacceptable.

I can understand why those in the hospital did not want to be part of his photo-op visit and refused to meet with him.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    5 years ago

Two broken fingers on the right hand which is not visible in the picture.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

What is with that goddamned thumbs up sign?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

Not a heart or a brain between them.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @4    5 years ago

Notice the baby is looking off to its left looking for a way to escape? It can sense how close it is to the heart of darkness.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.1    5 years ago

Babies are smart.  They can sense evil.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    5 years ago

I dont particularly blame the Trumps for this particular debacle. I'm sure someone just handed them a baby and said smile. 

It is of course very ignorant, but ignorance is the order of the day.  When the next mass shooting occurs, which should be any day now, I suggest the Trumps stay home, or at the golf course/country club,  where their ignorance is confined to their own kind. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5.1  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @5    5 years ago
When the next mass shooting occurs, which should be any day now,

[Deleted]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    5 years ago

Gee, no criticism of the other people in the photo? For that matter, no criticism of the many politicians who have jumped in front of a microphone or camera in the last week?

I'm not a fan of photo ops in general (and I've been in a few), but then I'm not a politician. This photo seems little different than any of the many others out there.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago

You are the most relentless defender of Trump's inanities, gaffes and buffoonerys that I have yet seen.  

Not to mention all the excuses made for his incredible constant lying. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    5 years ago
You are the most relentless defender of Trump's inanities

I didn't defend anything. I just asked why people care only about what he does. Heck, if I defended him, then so did you when you wrote,

I dont particularly blame the Trumps for this particular debacle. I'm sure someone just handed them a baby and said smile.

Congratulations, John, you're riding the Trump Train! "John Russell, Trump Defender!" Kind of has a nice ring to it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    5 years ago
You are the most relentless defender of Trump's inanities, gaffes and buffoonerys that I have yet seen. 

No, Tacos really isn't. He's one of the more reasonable conservatives here. He doesn't always come to trmp's defense.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.2    5 years ago

I'm not sure what you're reading. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.2    5 years ago
He's one of the more reasonable conservatives here.

Agreed.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @6    5 years ago

I kinda expect the president not to be smiling and giving a thumbs up. Call me crazy but I expect the POTUS to not be as big a retard as 99% of the population. 

Too much to ask I know.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6.2    5 years ago
I kinda expect the president not to be smiling and giving a thumbs up

I would like that, too. In fact, I don't really get why anyone is posing for pictures in a situation like this. However, it seems to be a pretty regular thing. Maybe I just don't get it.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
7  Sunshine    5 years ago

The other man is the baby's uncle.  I don't think he was tied and tortured to be in the picture.

Note...he his smiling also and just lost his brother and sister-in-law.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sunshine @7    5 years ago

Assholes will be assholes.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.1    5 years ago
Assholes will be assholes

Especially, when they are standing next to yet a much bigger A-H.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    5 years ago

Well, Donald Trump is a total asshole so what does anyone expect?

Of course Trump gives a thumbs up to the orphaning of babies via mass shootings, because that is what an asshole would do.

freepress
Freshman Silent
9  freepress    5 years ago

Sick and bizarre, who smiles and gives the thumbs up for an orphaned baby whose parents died in a shooting and had to be brought back to the hospital by relatives for a photo op?