Donnie Deutsch to Trump Supporters: 'You Own the Blood That Happens'

Via:  john-russell  •  2 weeks ago  •  26 comments

‘No. You don’t get to say I’m for racially quality and all these good things, I disagree with him there’,” Deutsch said of Ross’ statement, “‘but I like his economic views, I’m going to vote for…,’ No, you own it.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

This iframe is not allowed

MSNBC host  Donnie Deutsch  lashed out at supporters of President  Donald Trump  who try to partition Trump’s racism from his economic policies, telling them “You own the blood that happens” and urging opponents to “shame” swing voters of this sort.

On Friday’s edition of MSNBC’s Morning Joe,  Stephen Ross — the embattled owner of fitness brands like Equinox and SoulCycle  who is under fire for  his plan to hosting a lavish Trump fundraiser — was the topic of discussion.

In response to the backlash, Ross released a  statement  in which he said “I have known Donald Trump for 40 years, and while we agree on some issues, we strongly disagree on many others,” and added that I have been, and will continue to be, an outspoken champion of racial equality, inclusion, diversity, public education, and environmental sustainability.”

“Stephen Ross, to me, is the epitome, this election comes down to guys like that, and people saying ‘No. You don’t get to say I’m for racially quality and all these good things, I disagree with him there’,” Deutsch said of Ross’ statement, “‘but I like his economic views, I’m going to vote for…,’ No, you own it.”

“And I think that’s the message that’s got to get out there,” he continued. “You own it, you own the blood that happens, you own Charlottesville. You can’t do it. You get the whole package. and that’s what swing voters have got to understand and be shamed into.”

Co-host John Heilemann said he agreed with Deutsch on a moral level, but added “I don’t know what you mean by you can’t, I mean this is what Republicans have been doing for the last 2 years. This week has been horrific and we’ve all focused on the extent to which Donald Trump’s rhetoric has fed into, informed the shooting in El Paso in particular, but every Republican who is like all these big donors including this one we’re talking about now, they’ve been doing this since Charlottesville.”

“How much clearer could it have been?” Heilemann asked, pointing out that “Charlottesville happened and much of the Republican donor class” is “still there with him.”

“I’m talking about the suburban swing voters,” Deutsch clarified, adding that he’s using Ross’ example “to talk to the swing voters, to talk to the suburban women, to talk to the people in the suburbs of Philadelphia and go no, you don’t get to vote for him because you like his tax cut, no.”

Trump has been on a nearly month-long tear of ramped-up overt racism  that began with  his attack on four congresswomen of color, and many have observed that his years-long  campaign to demonize  migrants bears a striking  similarity to the views of  the El Paso terrorist mass shooting suspect.

Watch the clip above, via MSNBC.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
Find text within the comments Find 

JohnRussell
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

Someone has to say it. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
2  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    2 weeks ago

MSNFO WARS is not a legitimate news organization. 

JohnRussell
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @2    2 weeks ago

The El Paso police officially said today that the shooters motive was to kill Mexicans. 

Do you honestly believe Donald Trump has no role in all this? 

Where have you been for the past four years? 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
2.1.1  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 weeks ago

No the President didn't shoot anyone despite the bizarre conspiracies being pitched by the tinfoil hat Russia truther crowd.

JohnRussell
2.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @2.1.1    2 weeks ago

He inspires anti immigrant violence, period.  And then it happened. 

Trump says "invasion", the murderer says "invasion".  

"Russia" has nothing to do with this although you apparently wish it would. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
2.1.3  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    2 weeks ago

No one is taking issue with legal immigration.

WallyW
2.1.4  WallyW  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    2 weeks ago

Do you honestly believe Donald Trump has no role in all this? 

The killer's motives were set long before Trump arrived.

The left's enthusiastic support of illegal immigration fuels these hatreds much more than Trumps rhetoric 

Trump tells the truth that some misfits can't handle

Dismayed Patriot
2.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  WallyW @2.1.4    2 weeks ago
The killer's motives were set long before Trump arrived.

Evidence of his radicalization before Trump was President?

The left's enthusiastic support of illegal immigration fuels these hatreds much more than Trumps rhetoric

Nonsense. We've had an immigration problem for decades, it was actually going down under Democrats and Obama where total illegal immigrant populations were reduced by over 1 million. And don't mistake our disgust with idiotic boondoggle walls anyone with more than half a brain can see aren't worth the expense with "enthusiastic support of illegal immigration". That's just complete bullshit.

Trump tells the truth that some misfits can't handle

Dishonest Donny couldn't tell the truth if his miserable life depended on it. He's not speaking truth, he's using age old bigoted stereotypes and lies to work his bigoted supporters into a rabid lather. And when one of his mouth foamers drives hundreds of miles to a border town to gun down Mexican immigrants, he stops by for a thumbs up photo op.

Sunshine
2.1.6  Sunshine  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.5    2 weeks ago
Evidence of his radicalization before Trump was President?

The shooter said it in his own writings.

But, of course you choose to ignore any factual information.  That would spoil your rants.

Sean Treacy
3  Sean Treacy    2 weeks ago

It's like he's trying to get Trump reelected with this sort of idiocy. 

JohnRussell
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    2 weeks ago

As Donald Trump has his immigration force arrest hard working people throughout the south, there is a story this afternoon about Trump's own  construction company employing illegal immigrants for decades. 

I think Trump supporters like being bamboozled. 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
3.1.1  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 weeks ago

All of those people were using fake social security numbers to gain employment illegally.

It's a crime.

Polls show overwhelming support for enforcement of immigration law.

Tessylo
3.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @3.1.1    2 weeks ago

All of those people?  Really?  What do you have to back that up?

Jeremy Retired in NC
3.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    2 weeks ago
As Donald Trump has his immigration force arrest hard working people throughout the south

I guess you don't fully understand what the "illegal" part of Illegal Alien means.  

I think Trump supporters like being bamboozled.

You think.  This coming from somebody who has been throwing a temper tantrum since November 2016.  That's rich.

Tacos!
4  Tacos!    2 weeks ago

And so by this logic, every time someone commits violence against a Trump supporter, it's because Donnie Doofus made them do it.

Tessylo
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @4    2 weeks ago

How many acts of violence have been perpetrated on Rump supporters?  How many have been shot, stabbed or beaten to a bloody pulp?

Tacos!
4.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    2 weeks ago

A lot. Google is your friend.

Tessylo
4.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.1    2 weeks ago

Easy to provide then.  You  made the statement so you need to prove it.

Tacos!
4.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.2    2 weeks ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.3    2 weeks ago

removed for context

Texan1211
4.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.1    2 weeks ago
Google is your friend.

Perhaps not. 

You could supply the links so they could be ignored, but what would be the point?

Tacos!
4.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.5    2 weeks ago

Agreed. There would be no point.

Sunshine
5  Sunshine    2 weeks ago

He gets paid a lot to say stupid things.

JohnRussell
5.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sunshine @5    2 weeks ago

‘No. You don’t get to say I’m for racially quality and all these good things, I disagree with him there’,” Deutsch said of Ross’ statement, “‘but I like his economic views, I’m going to vote for…,’ No, you own it.”

Sunshine
5.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    2 weeks ago

Actually he owns it....he lives a very lavish life because of the TDS crowd.

He should thank them for providing him million dollar homes.  

Split Personality
5.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Sunshine @5.1.1    2 weeks ago
He should thank them for providing him million dollar homes.  

No different than the base which provides Tucker Carlson's or Sean Hannity's obscene salaries.

It's tribalism at it's very core and who really knows what these people really believe.

They are all laughing all they way too the bank while they still can.