╌>

CNN's Anderson Cooper: It's 'exciting' that whites will no longer represent nation's 'majority'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  5 years ago  •  23 comments

CNN's Anderson Cooper: It's 'exciting' that whites will no longer represent nation's 'majority'
"And then I think President Trump represents those who are trying to revert that trend and he doesn't say it. But he would like -- it seems to me, that's his vision, just to have America look like him. Again, that's going to be impossible."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper  seemed to celebrate the idea of white people no longer constituting the majority of those in the  United States.

"The idea that, you know, whites will not be the majority, I mean, that's -- it's an exciting transformation of the country, it's an exciting evolution and you know, progress of our country in many different ways," he said.

He made those comments while interviewing Univision anchor Jorge Ramos, who has openly advocated for more  open immigration policies.

After Cooper noted that white supremacists opposed the demographic change, Ramos argued that white nationalists were basically helpless against it.

"There's nothing really they can do against this incredible demographic revolution. And in 2044, everyone is going to be a minority," he said.

"And then I think President Trump represents those who are trying to revert that trend and he doesn't say it. But he would like -- it seems to me, that's his vision, just to have America look like him. Again, that's going to be impossible."

Ramos and Cooper were discussing the Trump administration's decision to boost its ability to block visas for immigrants who either had low incomes or relied on public assistance programs like food stamps.

The new rule, which will go into effect on Oct. 15, will define “public charge” as an immigrant who receives one or more designated public benefits for more than 12 months within a 36-month period.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    5 years ago

This article appeared on Fox News website. 

Just looking at it and what it is about it is fairly obvious to me that the purpose of this article is to stoke white grievance and white resentment against immigrants. 

Fox News. 

What else would be the purpose of Fox News saying that Anderson Cooper is happy that there is nothing that Trump can do about changing racial demographics? The headline itself is interesting though. Anderson is said to be happy that whites will no longer be the majority.  But the truth is that no one "race" will be a majority. There will be multiple minorities.  And it is likely that, and not the downfall of whites is what Cooper is "happy" about. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago

I watched the interview and as usual, fox news is trying to spin it to be something bad. It's typical fox news, they attack whoever trump attacks. State run media and all fake news. 

Factually, Cooper is correct. It's not far off that whites will no longer be the majority and as a white guy? I am totally fine with it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    5 years ago

Whites will be the plurality (largest minority group) in America for a long time to come. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    5 years ago
And it is likely that, and not the downfall of whites is what Cooper is "happy" about. 

There are many myths here. Let me bring everyone down to earth with but one example:

"As of the  2010 US census , people who self-identified as  white  constituted the majority in  Puerto Rico , making up 75.8% of the population."

One of the many pit falls for Anderson and his fellow liberals who can't wait for the day which really isn't coming!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

Cooper is a racist. 

No surprise.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    5 years ago

Trump is a racist.

Even less surprising.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  dennis smith @2.1.1    5 years ago
Once again you just cannot help yourself from deflecting off topic. 

Naw, just countering with something as stupid as what I am replying to. But if I must.

Cooper is not a racist because he says that whites will not be a a majority in the future. 

It's the standard issue, "well, if you call me a racist, I will call you a racist!!!". It's the equivalent of the 4th grade playground saying, "I know you are but what am I??!!!!". 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    5 years ago

The only reason I seeded this article is as an example of how Fox News is trying to gin up racial resentment among whites. It's fairly blatant here. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2    5 years ago

Rooting for a race to be a majority, or a minority, is racist behavior. It's what race obsessed people do.   I can't fathom viewing the world through such a racist prism. 

Of all things to be excited about for the future, the racial composition of the population is what I would expect a Nazi to say. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.1    5 years ago

I suppose you think few white people are obsessed about race.   As in, what is to become of theirs. 

Laura Ingram had a segment on her show a while back that became somewhat infamous. She talks about how America is changing in a way no one voted for and many people dont like.  You dont have to be Einstein to know she was talking about the skin complexion of the those contributing to the change. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.3  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.2.1    5 years ago
Rooting for a race to be a majority, or a minority, is racist behavior.

How was he "rooting" for either of these things. I watched the segment and I saw NOTHING racist in what he said, nor did I see him, "rooting". 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
3  KDMichigan    5 years ago
But he would like -- it seems to me, that's his vision, just to have America look like him.

I read this in his voice. 

The musings of Anderson "Fake News" Cooper coming to theaters soon. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1  MrFrost  replied to  KDMichigan @3    5 years ago
Anderson "Fake News" Cooper

By all means, list all of those fake news stories that he has told? He is on 5 days a week, for....YEARS, so lets make it easy on you...list say....50? 

We'll wait. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5  Ronin2    5 years ago
"There's nothing really they can do against this incredible demographic revolution. And in 2044, everyone is going to be a minority," he said.

How will the left ever cater to all of the minorities? Their hierarchy of racial preferences is already in near anarchy. If Whites become a minority who will be their new boogeyman?

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
7  Colour Me Free    5 years ago

When will 'we' focus on that which makes 'us' a great nation instead of the constant hammering away at what make 'us' different?

After Cooper noted that white supremacists opposed the demographic change, Ramos argued that white nationalists were basically helpless against it.

White nationalists / supremacists are such a small percentage of the population .. yet one might think, by what the media reports, there is a supremacist lurking and multiplying around every corner... what is lurking and multiplying around every corner is ignorance .. ignorance is spreading considerable faster than white supremacy could ever dream of spreading..

I believe very strongly that giving white supremacy the attention that has been paid to them in the media is a mistake .. the attention is a glorification of their belief ... a powerful recruitment tool each time the El Paso murderer is mentioned in the news .. talking about his 'manifesto' as if it was a valuable document, the pages were counted .. do 'we' know how many words were in it?

'We' need to stop giving supremacy such power in our society ..!