Ben & Jerry's co-founders back Bernie Sanders with new ice cream flavor

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  5 years ago  •  7 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

KOATabc7 news, Albuquerque, Reported by MSN, 8/6/2019

© Provided by Hearst Television, Inc.  Bernie Sanders Ice Cream

The ice cream duo announced a new, limited-edition ice cream titled "Bernie's Back!" Friday.

Cohen says he's making between 10 and 40 pints for the "Ben's Best" brand, which is not affiliated with Ben & Jerry's. Anyone interested in grabbing a pint will have to sign up   on Bernie Sanders' campaign website , as there are currently no plans for the new flavor to appear on the shelves of local retailers.

The pint is more than just a sweet treat, as the creators intend for the hot cinnamon-flavored dessert to have a larger meaning.

"The chocolate disc represents all the wealth that has risen to the top 1%. The backbone represents Bernie's steadfast determination to un-rig our economy," the product's flavor description reads. "And the hot cinnamon is our political revolution holding politicians' feet to the fire to make America work for working people of all races and genders."

The ice cream entrepreneurs also backed Sanders in 2016   through another flavor of ice cream   titled "Bernie's Yearning" which, like his current version, featured a chocolate disc at the top.

Article is LOCKED by moderator [smarty_function_ntUser_get_name: user_id or profile_id parameter required]
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

It has an expiry date of November 3 2020.

Required to be served at all meetings of BDS and shared with "The Squad".

I always preferred Haagen Dazs anyway.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    5 years ago

Used to love me some Cherry Garcia but stopped buying it when they got too radical as a company.

Enter Moomers "Cherries Moobilee" ...... just as good or better.

It's a local ice cream here in northern Michigan but get it if you can.   It's great

And their only politics is which of their cows gets milked to make it ......

cms5
Freshman Quiet
2  cms5    5 years ago

All I can picture is a grey hairy back when I see the name of that ice cream. YUCK!!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3  Paula Bartholomew    5 years ago

I would go with Chock Full Of Nuts, but that flavor already exists I think.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3    5 years ago

The Chock Full Of Nuts coffee cans played a role in the movie The Bucket List.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

The two things Sanders and Ben & Jerry's have in common. Over priced and not that great!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    5 years ago

I have decided to leave thenewstalkers at this time, and am not certain if or when I will decide to return. I am not deleting my account in order to retain access to the photos and articles I have posted.  However, I believe it is necessary to lock the comments on this seed as I will not be available to moderate.