Stephen King Haunts Trump With A Biting Question About New Border Wall Claims

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

Stephen King Haunts Trump With A Biting Question About New Border Wall Claims

710c91c0-4b9c-11e7-8912-374be9390b1b_H-1   Ed Mazza, HuffPost   9 hours ago  

White House claims construction of U.S.-Mexico border wall is underway

bolt-300599-1565787700239.jpg

Scroll back up to restore default view.

The White House claims construction on President  Donald Trump ’s border wall is now underway.

We are building the wall !” the White House tweeted on Tuesday with a short clip of construction that ends with the words “BUILDING THE WALL!”

But horror author  Stephen King  had just one question concerning Trump’s biggest campaign promise. 

He tweeted: 

This iframe is not allowed

Trump campaigned on a promise of not only building a wall across much of the entire southern border, but that Mexico would pay for it. 

Mexico is not paying for the wall. 

In addition, the footage posted by the White House does not show construction of a new border wall but rather a  replacement for existing fencing

However, a Supreme Court ruling last month that allows  Trump to redirect billions in funds intended for the military  toward border walls could pave the way for new construction.

That would be billions in U.S. taxpayer money ― not cash from Mexico. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

Tessylo
1  seeder  Tessylo    4 months ago
yex0Gcbi_normal.jpg
The White House
@WhiteHouse
 ·   16 h

We are building the wall!

b683f7509ec792c3e481ead332940cdc_normal.
Stephen King
@StephenKing

Mexico's paying, right?

Vic Eldred
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1    4 months ago

No Mexico's not paying, but despite all the resistance, Trump IS keeping his promise to build it!

Still winning!

Trout Giggles
1.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 months ago

But...but...but...I thought Our Dear Leader promised that Mexico would pay for it?

He didn't say that?

Damn...time to increase the dosage on my medication.....

Tessylo
1.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 months ago

When is the turd in chief actually going to build any wall?  Where has that billions gone?

Now he's going to start looting veterans' pensions to not build any wall.  

Winning how?

Dismayed Patriot
1.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 months ago
No Mexico's not paying, but despite all the resistance, Trump IS keeping his promise to build it!

I'm sure he would have been super popular during the campaign if his slogan was "We're going to build a wall, and YOU'RE going to pay for it!"...

Vic Eldred
1.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    4 months ago
I thought Our Dear Leader promised that Mexico would pay for it? He didn't say that?

You really thought he meant that? Funny, if Clinton said it you'd know it was hyperbole!  We are impressed with him!

Vic Eldred
1.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    4 months ago
When is the turd in chief actually going to build any wall? 

He has 14 miles up despite democrats withholding money. Now he has money from the Defense budget. Dosen't that just gall ya?

Vic Eldred
1.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.3    4 months ago
I'm sure he would have been super popular during the campaign if his slogan was "We're going to build a wall, and YOU'RE going to pay for it!"...

Yes he would have. Rubbing Mexico's nose in it was appropriate since they tossed their unemployed & unwanted here for decades!

Trout Giggles
1.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.4    4 months ago

If Clinton had said that, I would have held her feet to the fire to make sure it got done.

I wouldn't go around proclaiming that very loudly "We're impressed with him!"

Vic Eldred
1.1.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.7    4 months ago
If Clinton had said that, I would have held her feet to the fire to make sure it got done.

That Clinton could make Mexico pay????  Are you serious?  Mexico would never do that. It's hyperbole! Admit it!

Trout Giggles
1.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    4 months ago

Hyperbole????? I don't think you even thought it was hyperbole when he said it.

Everything the nitwit said was hyperbole but the lot of you bought into it lock, stock, and barrel!

p.s. Clinton would never uttered something that damn dumb and she said some pretty dumb things

Vic Eldred
1.1.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.9    4 months ago
I don't think you even thought it was hyperbole when he said it.

Then you haven't read what Iv'e had to say on it. I don't think anybody took that literally, even the liberals who want to hold him to it!

Now put up your IMPASSE sign

Tessylo
1.1.11  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.10    4 months ago

Of course none of Rump's supporters would take him for his word.  

Tessylo
1.1.12  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.7    4 months ago

What a low bar they have set.

Sad.  

Trout Giggles
1.1.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.11    4 months ago

No, of course not.

We all knew when he said it that it would never happen, but I don't think his supporters thought it was all just a bunch of hot air. They made hay for months over that comment.

Tessylo
1.1.14  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    4 months ago

Where has he built this 14 miles?  

Tessylo
1.1.15  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.4    4 months ago

Wow so no one should believe this 'president' when he says something?  Got it!  

Vic Eldred
1.1.16  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.14    4 months ago
Where has he built this 14 miles?  

Near Yuma Arizona:

https://www.havasunews.com/news/trump-s-border-wall-rises-near-yuma/article_cb115d70-bcc6-11e9-b161-b7df5a0fa726.html

Did you really think I couldn't produce that?

loki12
1.1.17  loki12  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.10    4 months ago

Unfortunately I think you are wrong, just like they believed the ACA would lower their premiums by 2500 a year, or everyone could keep their doctor. Period! It’s only republican lies that matter to some, and democrat lies to others.

To answer the modern day oracle Rodney King: No, we can’t all just get along.

Trout Giggles
1.1.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.15    4 months ago
so no one should believe this 'president' when he says something? 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
1.1.19  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.16    4 months ago

In the little bit that I could read, and no I'm not going to subscribe for the full article, I don't see anything about 14 miles of wall being built.  

Vic Eldred
1.1.20  Vic Eldred  replied to  loki12 @1.1.17    4 months ago
Unfortunately I think you are wrong

Your'e entitled. That's what NT is all about.

Tessylo
1.1.21  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    4 months ago

'Now he has money from the Defense budget.'

It should gall the veterans' whose pension funds he is looting.  

Vic Eldred
1.1.22  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.21    4 months ago

Wrong again, it's not coming out of pensions. Most of that money is for the defense of this country

Vic Eldred
1.1.23  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.19    4 months ago
In the little bit that I could read, and no I'm not going to subscribe for the full article, I don't see anything about 14 miles of wall being built.  

That's too bad because I'm sure you won't hear it on CNN. 

Tessylo
1.1.24  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.22    4 months ago

That should really gall the veterans' whose pension funds he is looting.  

Tessylo
1.1.25  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.23    4 months ago

If that was true, you would supply the whole article.  Not just part of it.  

Vic Eldred
1.1.26  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.25    4 months ago
If that was true, you would supply the whole article.  Not just part of it.  

Sorry you don't get the whole article. That news can be found on other sites, it's been mentioned quite a bit in the news. I'm not going to keep linking what is well known. You want to keep denying it - go right ahead!

Tessylo
1.1.27  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.26    4 months ago

Of course you won't supply the whole article because it doesn't state what you say it states.  Or your other 'proof'

Ronin2
1.1.28  Ronin2  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.9    4 months ago

I don't know this qualifies as being pretty damn stupid; and her backers failed to take her to task for it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-syria-no-fly-zone-third-debate_n_58084280e4b0180a36e91a53?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJQAyywNnboOUr6aPx-IiRf7mqId83jQZljCUrENEfsHf-3kBR4sAqfKvbHCzckx_EXrswrztA1Rkm0M4tMENF5WE1y7XB9PMWzgULqa8grEHqBHobolygdI8Rq4wgDxTWqz24NsT3u4qXnBd0dDLEd7iVvPqdCvcnMVThCRU8zb

Clinton stuck to an argument she has made many times: Creating an area where Syrian and Russian planes cannot fly would give the U.S. “leverage” over Syria and Russia to negotiate a political resolution.

“A no-fly zone can save lives and hasten the end of the conflict,” she said.

With proper planning, Clinton argued, the restriction could accomplish those goals without sparking a larger war.

“I am well aware of the really legitimate concerns you have expressed from both the president and the general,” Clinton responded. “This would not be done just on the first day. This would take a lot of negotiation. It would also take making it clear to the Russians and the Syrians that our purpose here was to provide safe zones on the ground.”

Ensuring the safety of civilians in areas of Syria under heavy bombardment from the Syrian and Russian air forces would even “help us in our fight against ISIS,” Clinton argued.

In the world of BS that has to be at the top of the list. ISIS/ISIL doesn't have planes. The only purpose to a no fly zone is to remove Russian/Syrian/Chinese planes that are fighting US backed rebel forces.  They would never go for that; and she knew it- admitting such.

https://www.salon.com/2016/10/21/hillary-clinton-admitted-in-2013-that-a-no-fly-zone-would-kill-a-lot-of-syrians-but-still-wants-one/

This argument, however, is undermined by what Clinton herself privately acknowledged just three years ago. An excerpt of a June 2013 paid speech Clinton delivered to Goldman Sachs, recently released by the WikiLeaks, shows that Clinton is well aware of how dangerous a no-fly zone could be.

"To have a no-fly zone you have to take out all of the air defense, many of which are located in populated areas," the former secretary of state explained in the 2013 speech. "So our missiles, even if they are standoff missiles so we’re not putting our pilots at risk — you’re going to kill a lot of Syrians."

"So all of a sudden this intervention that people talk about so glibly becomes an American and NATO involvement where you take a lot of civilians," she added.

Clinton also noted that Syria had "the fourth-biggest army in the world," along with "very sophisticated air defense systems" that had gotten even more sophisticated because of Russian imports.

The quotes from this speech were included in a list of excerpts of Clinton's paid speeches to Wall Street, which was attached to a January 2016 email to John Podesta, a close Clinton ally who now serves as the chair for Clinton's presidential campaign. WikiLeaks has published thousands of emails to and from Podesta.

So No Fly Zone that saves lives and doesn't start WWIII; or Mexico paying for the wall. Which statement is dumber?

Vic Eldred
1.1.29  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.27    4 months ago

It does, you are just in denial.

Tessylo
1.1.30  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.29    4 months ago

You have yet to supply the proof.  

Trout Giggles
1.1.31  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.28    4 months ago

Clinton isn't the topic and I wasn't the one to bring her in to this thread.

Other than that, yeah she's said a lot of stupid things, we agree on that. That's my last word about Clinton in this thread

Vic Eldred
1.1.32  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.30    4 months ago

By now others have looked it up. Are you sure you want to keep on?

Tessylo
1.1.33  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.32    4 months ago

Yet again, no proof.  

Vic Eldred
1.1.34  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.33    4 months ago

Yet again, you are in denial aisle!

bugsy
1.1.35  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.1    4 months ago
I thought Our Dear Leader promised that Mexico would pay for it,

And Obama said we could keep our doctors. Didn't seem to work out that way for many, and I don't remember any liberals crying about it.

I stopped reading Stephen King years ago. He has gone all out batshit crazy liberal. I guess that explains the cray cray of his novels.

Tessylo
1.1.36  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.1.35    4 months ago

No loss to Stephen King.  He still has millions of 'constant readers' and fans such as myself.  He is a millionaire many times over.  Again no loss.  He doesn't need or want the likes of you 

MrFrost
1.1.37  MrFrost  replied to  loki12 @1.1.17    4 months ago
Unfortunately I think you are wrong, just like they believed the ACA would lower their premiums by 2500 a year, or everyone could keep their doctor.

Still spewing that BS eh?

It would have been $2,500.00 a year but there were so many cons in the South that refused to use it, it drove up the cost. It's cost was based on participation....you know, like fucking car insurance? Also, everyone I know that used the ACA kept their doctors. 

Tessylo
2  seeder  Tessylo    4 months ago

In addition, the footage posted by the White House does not show construction of a new border wall but rather a  replacement for existing fencing

JohnRussell
3  JohnRussell    4 months ago

We have to face the fact that there is no limit to how much Trump supporters will allow themselves to be conned by the president*. 

lady in black
4  lady in black    4 months ago

One of his MANY lies about Mexico paying for it and deporables falling for his bullshit

MrFrost
4.1  MrFrost  replied to  lady in black @4    4 months ago
One of his MANY lies about Mexico paying for it and deporables falling for his bullshit

12,000 lies and counting, his supporters believe every one of them too. Pretty sad. 

Ed-NavDoc
5  Ed-NavDoc    4 months ago

And the hatefest continues!jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

freepress
6  freepress    4 months ago

If Trump supporters would actually look at the Republican administrations in charge of every border state over the last 50 years and wake up to the reality that the people they blindly vote for created this very issue by not tackling immigration in those states or when they held a Republican Presidency or Republican House and Senate. Republicans in those states were happy to oblige their wealthy donors to allow cheap labor. The issue did not happen overnight and it won't be solved as long as Republican wealthy donors still employ or exploit immigrant labor. Republicans have NO PLAN to go after or prosecute wealthy people who exploit this situation. Easier to blame the immigrant rather than look in their own mirror.

Vic Eldred
6.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  freepress @6    4 months ago
If Trump supporters would actually look at the Republican administrations in charge of every border state over the last 50 years and wake up to the reality that the people they blindly vote for created this very issue by not tackling immigration in those states or when they held a Republican Presidency or Republican House and Senate. Republicans in those states were happy to oblige their wealthy donors to allow cheap labor.

That's not a revelation. We've said it over and over - both political parties have had reasons to keep the crisis going!  Trump is not one of them.

igknorantzrulz
6.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1    4 months ago

I agree with Freepress, N U about BOTH PARTIES BEING GUILTY,

but

WTF R U talking about "Trump is not one of them." ???????????????????

He employs them at his resorts, his construction/bankruptcy projects, and in about every facet of his monetary only driven life, that can't hit that proverbial Bridge Abutment, soon Enuff

Already

with this utter BULLSHIT.

HE had Thousands answering his question , "and WHO is gonna pay for that wall?"

MEXICO, they answered.

Don't give US hyperbole BULL, U Know damn well, the masses of Ignorant asses, actually thought Mexico, not our US Veterans, would be funding an unecessary wall, cause that's what Trump did and does, plays on the ones with the minds so small, so fewer and fewer, can have it all, as they actually diminish that capability with each step they have taken with Trump, ALL for Instant monetary gain, where we ALL LOSE

Vic Eldred
6.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.1    4 months ago

He's not waging a battle all by himself to secure the border?  Whatever you say....Don't forget the last thing you said about him!

Ed-NavDoc
7  Ed-NavDoc    4 months ago

Just lost any respect I had for Mr King!

MrFrost
8  MrFrost    4 months ago