White Arkansas woman pulls gun on 4 black fundraising teens

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  123 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

U.S.

image001-png_162613.png.cf.jpg   Associated Press   1 hour 24 minutes ago  

41955755b42014eba14136c5b307fddf In this Thursday, Aug. 15, 2019 booking photo, provide by the Cross County, Arkansas, Sheriff's Office is Jerri Kelly, the wife of an Arkansas jail administrator who has been arrested after officials say she pulled a gun on four black teenagers fundraising door-to-door for their high school football team. Authorities say Kelly is charged with aggravated assault, false imprisonment and endangering the welfare of a minor. (Cross County Sheriff's Office via AP)

WYNNE, Ark. (AP) — The wife of an Arkansas jail administrator was arrested and charged with assault several days after police say she pulled a gun on four black teenagers who were going door to door to raise money for their high school football team.

Police in the eastern Arkansas city of Wynne, about 100 miles (161 kilometers) northeast of Little Rock, said the incident happened Aug. 7. Police responding to reports of "suspicious persons" found the four children on the ground, with Jerri Kelly, who is white, standing over them holding a gun,   Memphis TV station WMC   reported.

The officer let the children stand up, and they told him they had been selling discount cards to raise money for a school athletic program. The Wynne School District said two of the four children were wearing football jerseys.

Kelly, 46, was charged Monday with aggravated assault, false imprisonment and endangering the welfare of a minor.

Cross County Sheriff's Department Captain Jeff Nichols said a warrant was put out for Kelly's arrest, and she turned herself in Monday evening. She was released that night on $10,000 bond.

Kelly, who is the wife of Cross County Jail Administrator Joseph Kelly, couldn't immediately be reached for comment Thursday and it wasn't clear whether she had an attorney who could comment.

Nichols said a mugshot of Kelly wasn't taken on Monday because she had a "medical emergency" as she was being booked. He said he could not release more information, citing medical privacy laws. He said she came to the jail to have a mugshot taken after her initial court appearance on Thursday morning, in part because of community backlash.

"She was afforded the same booking process and procedures as anyone that's brought into our facility," Nichols said. "She received no preferential treatment."

Bill Winkler, who said he has lived in the neighborhood where the incident took place for four decades, said children are typically out this time of year selling discount cards for the football team.

"Usually it's right before football season, late summer or early fall," Winkler said.

Wynne School District Superintendent Carl Easley said the district is considering stopping door-to-door fundraisers.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

WYNNE, Ark. (AP) — The wife of an Arkansas jail administrator was arrested and charged with assault several days after police say she pulled a gun on four black teenagers who were going door to door to raise money for their high school football team.

Police in the eastern Arkansas city of Wynne, about 100 miles (161 kilometers) northeast of Little Rock, said the incident happened Aug. 7. Police responding to reports of "suspicious persons" found the four children on the ground, with Jerri Kelly, who is white, standing over them holding a gun,   Memphis TV station WMC   reported.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

This nut case more than deserves to have the book thrown at her. I really, find the thickest and heaviest book and throw it at her! Then charge and try her appropriately!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

Whatever that is in the picture? Please kill it with fire. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Tessylo @1    5 years ago

"OWEN!!!!!!!!!! OWEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get me a soda with some ice in it!!!!!!!"

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @1.3    5 years ago

I saw a comment at another site saying she looks like John Goodman, if he were transgender.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.3.2  MrFrost  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.3.1    5 years ago

You're right! LOL

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

'Nichols said a mugshot of Kelly wasn't taken on Monday because she had a "medical emergency" as she was being booked. He said he could not release more information, citing medical privacy laws. He said she came to the jail to have a mugshot taken after her initial court appearance on Thursday morning, in part because of community backlash.'

A deputy had to go out for KFC because this inbred racist bitch fat pig was going through withdrawal.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @2    5 years ago

She didn't get hit with an ugly stick.  The entire tree fell on her.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1    5 years ago

I'm glad you made that comment and not i, 

and unfortunately, that was what came to mind, especially after they claimed a mug shot couldn't be taken.

What the hell was that shot of her mug about, where in she looks like she got hit with several mugs ?

I couldn't consume enough mugs for that one, but, she's obviously a really really nice and tolerant person.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1    5 years ago

Try the whole forrest!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    5 years ago
Wynne School District Superintendent Carl Easley said the district is considering stopping door-to-door fundraisers.

They probably should. When my kids were selling stuff for school, they were encouraged to get Mom/Dad to take the order forms to work and hit up the co-workers (I never did) or ask relatives.

Sounds like this lady has some mental problems.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    5 years ago

My mom used to dread Girl Scout cookie season.  My dad would come home with at least 50 boxes he bought from his employee's kids.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1    5 years ago

My father used to take my brother's order forms to work for the annual FFA citrus fruit sale. That boy got top seller every year. Those coal miners really liked their oranges

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    5 years ago
Sounds like this lady has some mental problems.

It sure does!!!   One thing this AP story dosen't make clear is this:

"Police in the eastern Arkansas city of Wynne, about 100 miles (161 kilometers) northeast of Little Rock, said the incident happened Aug. 7. Police responding to reports of "suspicious persons" found the four children on the ground,"

it was Kelly who called them in the first place:

"Before coming outside, Kelly had already called 911 to report 'suspicious persons' and still had her gun drawn when police arrived."

A minor detail, I know, but the AP should have made that clear.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    5 years ago

The daily mail.  Such a reliable source.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.1    5 years ago

It's a liberal British tabloid. That's the third time you objected to sources - sources that stated cold hard facts!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.2    5 years ago

When was the last time you ever saw a moderate or conservative publication cited by her? I never have...

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.2.4  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.2    5 years ago

I don't think so.

According to a December 2004 survey, 53% of Daily Mail readers voted for the Conservative Party, compared to 21% for Labour and 17% for the Liberal Democrats .

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @3.2.3    5 years ago

The issue should be the facts, not where they came from, but ya, you are correct.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @3.2.4    5 years ago
I don't think so.

I don't care what you think and the issue is not what you or your buddy thinks of the Daily Mail, but whether Kelly called the police!

"Kelly is accused of forcing the boys to get down on the ground onto their stomachs with their legs spread and their arms behind their backs. The teens say she told them she had already called 911 and demanded they remain on the ground until officers arrived. An officer arrived and sorted out the situation, according to police."

I shouldn't have to give two links to something that is basic knowledge! Contesting sources dosen't change facts.

Why don't you just admit that Kelly called the cops and the AP should have made it clear?

Because you can't!

Right!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.7  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.2    5 years ago

It's not a liberal tabloid.  It's the UK's version of the National Enquirer.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.2    5 years ago

The Daily Mail is not a liberal newspaper.  The Guardian is. 

The Daily Mail is the UK version of the New York Post. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.8    5 years ago

Did Kelly call 911 or not?

Your opinion of newspapers isn't important.

Is anyone here capable of admitting to a simple fact?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.10  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.9    5 years ago

The fact is the daily mail is the UKs' version of the National Enquirer.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.10    5 years ago

You've made that the topic. You hate truth!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.2.12  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.6    5 years ago

Calm down, I was simply pointing out that The Daily Mail is not a liberal paper. It's really just a tabloid. Take a deep breath already.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.2.13  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    5 years ago

So...  Are you defending this woman's behavior Vic?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.14  Vic Eldred  replied to  SteevieGee @3.2.13    5 years ago

No Gee, I'm only showing how liberals deny facts even when they aren't very important.  How about you?  Are you another liberal who will not admit the FACT that Kelly called 911?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @3.2.12    5 years ago
I was simply pointing out

You weren't pointing out anything. You were defecting!

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.2.16  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.14    5 years ago

Who has denied that she called 911?  What's the difference if she did or didn't?  You cannot hold people at gunpoint simply because they are scary black kids.  This is not a good guy with a gun and her guns should be taken from her before she kills someone.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.2.17  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.15    5 years ago

Oh no, I would never defect, I love America, stars and stripes forever, dude.

If you mean "deflecting", no I wasn't. I was responding directly to your comment. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.18  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @3.2.17    5 years ago
I was responding directly to your comment. 

Really? Did she make the call or not?  A minor point, but it's the steadfast refusal to address it which is so telling!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.19  Vic Eldred  replied to  SteevieGee @3.2.16    5 years ago
Who has denied that she called 911? 

Are you reading along? There are at least 3 along with the seeder who have made it a test of will! When you question the source, you are in effect denying the facts provided. That's what they did. So all three are in denial.

What's the difference if she did or didn't?  

To the actual incident - it wouldn't change it. It is important for a journalist to make that fact clear. As I said when I raised it that it was a minor point. I hate to be arguing something that shouldn't be an issue. Why all the defiance to the truth?

You cannot hold people at gunpoint simply because they are scary black kids.  This is not a good guy with a gun and her guns should be taken from her before she kills someone.

Save it for somebody who is arguing that point. (I doubt you'll find anyone)

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
3.2.20  cjfrommn  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.19    5 years ago

vic ,

for shits sake dude, i just read all your post--- and just like in the past---- you think the FACTS you post make you look like you have a point that basically everyone wants to know----which is......WHO CARES ABOUT if she called.

the part you seem to not get is, that your need to have posted a FACT from some kind of news source matters.....it doesnt.

especially given the part ,where again, this is another case/ story / report / documented/ example , of BLACK PEOPLE / kids / adults /not doing shit wrong. and the obnoxious racist scared white person needing to proof again that just being NON white empowers them to treat them differently.

and in this case, not differently in a minor way, but in a major way...by pulling a gun on them. 

so VIC--- any body above who reads your replies to any of the posts -wonders , why vic thinks where he GOT HIS FACTS FROM MATTER.

and it then leaves the question of .....why does vic give more about where he got the facts vs how he appears to others by posting them...

Your comment history shows you to find something wrong with black folks and defending of the white persons actions, with out typing it out.....if thats not the case then ANY OF YOUR POST ABOVE could have been replies like.

------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>Yes this is my source for facts and i am APPALLED AT HER POINTING A GUN AT THESE KIDS, when it is clear the kids had a legitimate reason to actually be going house to house.

but nope NOT vic....do you get it ....vic come on man. 

....this is a human how the brain functions and a societal issue of the constant UNPROVOKED RACISM blacks Americans deal with in america every dam day...

and sadly MEMBERS of all colors are tired of it happening.....are you?

( and before you answer know your comment history exists) but ..................I guess once in a while i see an albino squirrel too- UGH i cant wait for your answer!! cough cough 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjfrommn @3.2.20    5 years ago
-which is......WHO CARES ABOUT if she called.

Then why not just admit it and we can all move on?

the part you seem to not get is, that your need to have posted a FACT from some kind of news source matters.

I gave not one, but two sources and btw, even the National Enquirer or the Huffington Post need not be challenged when they state a KNOWN FACT such as Trump is President. The AP story alludes to the call being made. The story needs the context of who called. That's all I said!

especially given the part ,where again, this is another case/ story / report / documented/ example , of BLACK PEOPLE / kids / adults /not doing shit wrong. and the obnoxious racist scared white person needing to proof again that just being NON white empowers them to treat them differently.

That has nothing to do with my humble point. You are defining the not so subtle objective of the story. The narrative that there is still racism, we all must understand that and thus the person who seeded it found it so important. I understand...You all want to beat that drum and drive it home. My only point is that the incident makes more sense when the AP adds that Kelly dialed 911 before detaining the children. The theme then becomes more logical - fear!

Your comment history shows you to find something wrong with black folks and defending of the white persons actions, with out typing it out.....if thats not the case then ANY OF YOUR POST ABOVE could have been replies like.

That is quite a word salad, but it appears you want me to defend this woman. Sorry to let you down.

.I guess once in a while i see an albino squirrel too- UGH i cant wait for your answer!! cough cough 

I'm sure your'e not so happy now that you got it. Time to clear your throat....What did you swallow?

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
3.2.22  cjfrommn  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.21    5 years ago
-which is......WHO CARES ABOUT if she called. Then why not just admit it and we can all move on?

ok lets not play games here. the fact that she called does not take the way the point of her going to extreme with pointing a gun at four kids who pose no threat. being on someones property with no ill intent does not mean that pointing a gun is the way to dictate interaction, especially when NOTHING else suggest they had an intent that could be suggestive to deem it necessary to point a gun. thus calling the police and staying behind a closed door would have been wiser, dont you think ?

the part you seem to not get is, that your need to have posted a FACT from some kind of news source matters.

I gave not one, but two sources and btw, even the National Enquirer or the Huffington Post need not be challenged when they state a KNOWN FACT such as Trump is President. The AP story alludes to the call being made. The story needs the context of who called. That's all I said!

and so what is the reply. why not call the police and STAY behind a closed door.

That has nothing to do with my humble point. You are defining the not so subtle objective of the story. The narrative that there is still racism, we all must understand that and thus the person who seeded it found it so important. I understand...You all want to beat that drum and drive it home. My only point is that the incident makes more sense when the AP adds that Kelly dialed 911 before detaining the children. The theme then becomes more logical - fear!

FEAR FROM WHAT--- a note card in each of there hands. they weren't in gang attire, they didn't have back packs, or bikes to get away fast, nope she saw them and called the police and then WENT OUTSIDE to point a gun at them. which makes it LESS LOGICAL, because the safest place for a fearful person is behind a locked door. ( neighbors from your same sources stated the kids were being JUST kids)

That is quite a word salad, but it appears you want me to defend this woman. Sorry to let you down.

.I guess once in a while i see an albino squirrel too- UGH i cant wait for your answer!! cough cough 

I'm sure your'e not so happy now that you got it. Time to clear your throat....What did you swallow?

Again lets not play games vic-- since you have been blogging on here for years( and probably newsvine under a different one), YOU are the one who tries to defend white peoples actions that on its face dont look good and then continue to do so when a criminal aspect comes into.  My comment history is to remind you and your type of thinkers that......when this shit happens it gets old, and it gets really old when one of the main denominators is being different, thus being black sucks when you DONT KNOW who the next racist minded person is going to act out against you. 

so in getting back to this seed, the fear of nothing but SEEING black kids made her take an action that was not reasonable because no other factors were present to suggest otherwise. this is a comment with no race associated with it. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.23  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjfrommn @3.2.22    5 years ago
the fact that she called does not take the way the point of her going to extreme with pointing a gun at four kids who pose no threat.

Fair enough! Was that hard?

FEAR FROM WHAT-

Isn't guessing why she acted the way she did part of the conversation?  Fear from what she sees on the news or maybe something that happened where she lives, I don't really know. She could be mentally deranged or she could be afraid. Does that seem conceivable to you?

Again lets not play games vic-- since you have been blogging on here for years( and probably newsvine under a different one), 

Actually, Iv'e used the same name since I started in 2011 with Newsvine.

YOU are the one who tries to defend white peoples actions that on its face dont look good and then continue to do so when a criminal aspect comes into.

You might think that if you had a strong anti-white bias. I always try to look at each case objectively. You don't see me defending this woman's actions, do you?

My comment history is to remind you and your type of thinkers that......when this shit happens it gets old, and it gets really old when one of the main denominators is being different, thus being black sucks when you DONT KNOW who the next racist minded person is going to act out against you. 

Are you telling me that you are black? or are you telling me that every incident is the same thing to you, one big racist event following another?

so in getting back to this seed, the fear of nothing but SEEING black kids made her take an action that was not reasonable because no other factors were present to suggest otherwise. this is a comment with no race associated with it. 

Actually it is! You quite clearly stated that you believe she called 911 and pulled the gun because they were black. I think so too. She may have been mentally ill. I think she was afraid.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
3.2.24  cjfrommn  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.23    5 years ago
the fact that she called does not take the way the point of her going to extreme with pointing a gun at four kids who pose no threat. --Fair enough! Was that hard?

FEAR FROM WHAT-

Isn't guessing why she acted the way she did part of the conversation?  Fear from what she sees on the news or maybe something that happened where she lives, I don't really know. She could be mentally deranged or she could be afraid. Does that seem conceivable to you?

No it doesnt, it seems like a group of excuses that allow for her conduct to be seen as normal and acceptable to folks who dont EVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BEING TREATED LIKE THESE BOYS! So a guess works better then undisputed facts. like the police comments and neighbor comments.

Again lets not play games vic-- since you have been blogging on here for years( and probably newsvine under a different one), 

Actually, Iv'e used the same name since I started in 2011 with Newsvine.
And so you have a pattern , no different then i do.And my pattern is clear about my stances and reasons. and so does yours time creates a line and we both dont stray from it when interacting on these sites. 

YOU are the one who tries to defend white peoples actions that on its face dont look good and then continue to do so when a criminal aspect comes into.

You might think that if you had a strong anti-white bias. I always try to look at each case objectively. You don't see me defending this woman's actions, do you?

The suggestion above about repeated "she could be" leads folks to believe you do!

My comment history is to remind you and your type of thinkers that......when this shit happens it gets old, and it gets really old when one of the main denominators is being different, thus being black sucks when you DONT KNOW who the next racist minded person is going to act out against you. 

Are you telling me that you are black? or are you telling me that every incident is the same thing to you, one big racist event following another?

Yes vic i have expressed that i am black to you before since 2011 with newsvine. And no not every event is one big racist event after another. What i am pointing out to you is that when RACIST EVENTS occur they are just that. and sadly that is something that some folks seem to have a NACK for disregarding and staying behind the buffer they have created.  partly due to the fact they dont have to deal with ANY ISSUES related to the ones they comment about. And secondly because they dont have experiences that allow for a relative example that has occurred in there own personal life or those around them. 

Actually it is! You quite clearly stated that you believe she called 911 and pulled the gun because they were black. I think so too. She may have been mentally ill. I think she was afraid

vic -again no excuses for her action. plus a scared person normally stays behind the closed locked door she had on her house. she choose not to. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.25  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjfrommn @3.2.24    5 years ago

You should have quit when you were ahead.

This story is a rarity. The media promotes it for the same reason it was seeded here - to promote the false narrative that America is a racist country.

[Deleted]

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.3  SteevieGee  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    5 years ago

I've always opposed kids selling stuff as fundraisers.  First, It's really hard to get the kids to do any of the selling.  It's the parents who end up doing all the work.  (and most of the buying)  Second, it takes a large up front investment with no guarantee of profit and a good possibility of a loss.  Third, as seen in the article, it can be dangerous, and fourth, when it's all done a large company, posing as good Samaritans, usually takes half of your profits.  As somebody who has raised money for baseball, football, swimming, boy and girl scouts, marching band, choir, various drama productions and several school trips, I'll tell you IT'S MUCH BETTER TO THROW A PARTY!!!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
3.3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  SteevieGee @3.3    5 years ago

Supply the BEER

n i'm HERE

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.3.2  SteevieGee  replied to  igknorantzrulz @3.3.1    5 years ago

That's what I'm sayin'.

JBB
Professor Principal
4  JBB    5 years ago

What she did is criminal. So, I am glad she was arrested and will pay for it....

That being said, sending kids out to sell door to door is entirely inappropriate!

I do not care if you did it or your kids did it, it is a very bad dangerous practice.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.2  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @4    5 years ago
What she did is criminal.

And a dipshit.

So, I am glad she was arrested and will pay for it....

Absolutely.

That being said, sending kids out to sell door to door is entirely inappropriate!

The Girl Scouts of America have proven this to be false.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Jack_TX @4.2    5 years ago

Do the girl scouts even sell door to door anymore?  

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.2  JBB  replied to  Jack_TX @4.2    5 years ago

The last time I saw an unchaperoned GS selling door to door was in 1967...

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.3  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.1    5 years ago

No, They Do Not! The policy is girls must be chaperoned and in groups...

Can you imagine the liability GSoA would assume sending girls out alone?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @4.2.3    5 years ago

That's what I thought.  The last time I bought girl scout cookies was when one of the doctors at the hospital i work for was selling them for her daughter.   I used to see them in front of the grocery store but never door to door 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.2.6  Jack_TX  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.1    5 years ago

Absolutely.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.2.7  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @4.2.2    5 years ago
The last time I saw an unchaperoned GS selling door to door was in 1967...

Moving the goalposts again, eh?

Of course most Girl Scouts are chaperoned.  Eight year olds are usually chaperoned.

Oddly enough, it is generally accepted that HS football players in groups of 4 do not need their mommies to walk them around.  It is also generally accepted that helping to raise the money to purchase special equipment or additional uniforms or travel expenses causes them to place more value on those things and increases their ownership in the program.  

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.8  JBB  replied to  Jack_TX @4.2.7    5 years ago

I am not moving a goal post. You are. Those kids were unchaperoned...

If a GS rang your door they were accompanied by an adult. Maybe in the car, but there was an adult along. Sending kids, especially lone children, out to sell cookies or candy to strangers going door to door is plainly negligence. Sending that group of young male athletes into a neighborhood unaccompanied by an adult was negligent on the school's part. I have not seen a lone GS going door to door unaccompanied by an adult for at least fifty years. It is explicitly against GS policy to ever do so...

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.2.9  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @4.2.8    5 years ago
I am not moving a goal post. You are.

Oh really now....  Let's review....

@4.2.1  

I'm looking for the word "chaperoned".  It appears to be absent.  Quite conspicuously absent.  Also conspicuously absent are any word synonymous with "chaperoned" like "supervised", or "attended". 

No...the "chaperoned" qualification is your personal invention to try to make the rest of your comments look less silly.

Those kids were unchaperoned...

Strange to relate....but here in America the social custom is not to chaperone kids once they reach their mid-late teenage years, especially those who are old enough to drive themselves.  Actually, we often put teenage kids in the role of chaperone over young children.  We call this concept "babysitting".  

Do explain to all of us how one of these boys taking his father along would have made this crazy racist woman less likely to level a gun at them...  How does that work, exactly?  Crazy racist woman looks out the window at four large black boys and thinks...."Oh, well there is a large black grown ass man with them....that makes it alright then"?  

If a GS rang your door they were accompanied by an adult. Maybe in the car, but there was an adult along.

Yes.  We chaperone 8 year olds everywhere.

Imagine if they were chaperoned by four football players.  Safest little girl on the planet.

Sending kids, especially lone children, out to sell cookies or candy to strangers going door to door is plainly negligence.

"Lone children"?  Did you miss the part where they were in groups of four? 

Sending that group of young male athletes into a neighborhood unaccompanied by an adult was negligent on the school's part.

Then I'm sure lawsuits have been filed.  Or I'm sure that's complete nonsense you're posting because you're trying to cover up your previous nonsense with more nonsense.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.3  Tacos!  replied to  JBB @4    5 years ago
it is a very bad dangerous practice

It certainly can be. When I was a very young adult, I had a door-to-door sales job (encyclopedias, if you can believe that) and a woman met me in her driveway, pointing a rifle at me. At another house, the owner released his dobermans on me.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.1  JBB  replied to  Tacos! @4.3    5 years ago

In today's world in NYC if a lone unaccompanied unchaperoned minor child was out soliciting door to door in my building I would have to call Child Protective Services. I sold all kinds of stuff for fundraisers as a kid but mom or dad was always there. That was in a very small town in the 60s and 70s. It is 2019. We know better now...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    5 years ago
Kelly, 46, was charged Monday with aggravated assault, false imprisonment and endangering the welfare of a minor.

DAs really like to pile on the charges. These won't stand. She was arguably just defending herself and her home against what she apparently thought might be some kind of home invasion. Though it sounds like she overreacted, it doesn't sound like she initiated contact or went out looking for these guys.

Seeing as how nobody was actually hurt and she's the one who called the police in the first place, I would guess that at worst, she might plead to some kind of brandishing charge.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago

So this racist bitch was defending herself from these kids selling door to door?

That's a pretty twisted way to defend a racist fat pig bitch 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    5 years ago
this racist

How do you know she is racist? You seem to be assuming a lot about someone based on their skin color. Guess what that makes you?

way to defend

I don't know enough about it to defend it. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.1    5 years ago

What does that make me?

You're obviously defending this racist bitch.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.2    5 years ago

I'm not interesting in defending her, so you're wrong. I haven't said anything in defense of her actions. But you are making assumptions about both her character and the situation based on the skin color of the people involved. That sounds kinda racist.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.3    5 years ago

She's a racist bitch.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.4    5 years ago

Explain how you know that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.5    5 years ago

If the shoe fits

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.7  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.6    5 years ago

You really have no way of explaining it, do you.  jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Sometimes people jump at the chance to be outraged about something just so they can tell themselves they are morally superior.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.8  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.7    5 years ago

I definitely know I'm morally superior to this fat pig racist bitch.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.9  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.8    5 years ago

And humble, too.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.10  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.5    5 years ago
Explain how you know that.

She could be strung out on some hallucinogens, or perhaps is an Iraq war veteran with PTSD imagining threats everywhere... or, perhaps it's most likely she's a racist with the temperament of an angry female dog. Not sure if there are many other reasons why someone would use a gun to demand four unarmed youths lay on the ground till police arrived threatening to shoot them if they didn't comply for no other reason than they knocked on her door.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.11  Tacos!  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.10    5 years ago
Not sure if there are many other reasons why someone would use a gun to demand four unarmed youths lay on the ground till police arrived threatening to shoot them if they didn't comply for no other reason than they knocked on her door.

We can speculate, though. That's all calling her racist is. I'm not saying she's not racist. She may well be. I have no way of knowing that.

Maybe they have had a series of invasions or break-ins in her neighborhood and she thought she was doing a good thing. Maybe's she just psycho violent and threatens anyone who comes by.

As I mentioned in @4.3, I had a lady come at me with her gun years ago and we were the same color. So I know from personal experience that you don't need to have a white person with a gun and a black kid coming to your door for a thing like this to happen. Some people are just paranoid.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.12  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.11    5 years ago
I'm not saying she's not racist. She may well be. I have no way of knowing that.

Well, the circumstantial evidence would indicate that any non-racist innocent explanation is unlikely considering that even if she misunderstood their intentions and drew her gun and had them get on the ground, after confirming they were unarmed children asking for school donations any reasonable person would have allowed them to go their way unobstructed. Instead she's being charged with false imprisonment because she continued to detain them at gunpoint even after confirming they were no threat. The only logical explanation is that she continued to believe they were a threat based on her prejudices and belief in common stereotypes often imagined and shared by some white conservatives.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.13  Tacos!  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1.12    5 years ago
The only logical explanation is

Just because you have an opinion, that doesn't make it the only logical explanation. The two scenarios I suggested are just as logical, just as supported by the available evidence.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.14  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.13    5 years ago

Would you like some mustard for that pretzel?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.15  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.14    5 years ago

We are all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view. 

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5.1.16  cjfrommn  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.15    5 years ago

well well well here we go again with the "i never take a side" bullshit again. I always come to find you mixing it up with folks who dont need anything but the persons actions to determine if they acted appropriately and can be judged as it appears. 

most folks who have commented here, who are white  people....... see that a gun pointing woman who puts 4 black kids on her driveway did so because of her own racist MADE UP mentality that they posed a threat of some sort in the DAY TIME!!

and here you go with your dip and dodge crap and back and forth and then your need to suggest that you cant be judged by your comments.

i will again share with you like i have in the past( my comment history strongly suggests) that i cant stand your him haw comment style. this story / seed / post is a very cut and dry OPINIONATED situation that has a criminal element to it. 

and either you support her actions or you dont...normal american citizens( taking race out of it so you dont spend 15 more posts convincing everyone why race doesn't matter) realize that people from the public domain of roads and sidewalks will sometimes walk up on private property to the front of a residence to make contact to speak to them. most of those who leave the public domain and enter on to private property do not during the daytime expect a home owner to point a gun on them when they do not appear to be any type of threat or represent law enforcement. 

So i wonder why you cant just call / agree / acknowledge that this Americans action against her fellow minor aged Americans is just not the correct approach in greeting her fellow Americans to her property.

i assume you do know the difference between normal and not, right?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1.17  Jack_TX  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.1    5 years ago
How do you know she is racist?

Occam's Razor being what it is......

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.18  Tacos!  replied to  cjfrommn @5.1.16    5 years ago
here we go again with the "i never take a side" bullshit again

Why do you need for me or anyone else to take a side? I don't you an opinion or anything else, for that matter.

What makes you think you know all you need to know to even take a side? All you have heard from this story is the one side. Seems to me like taking a side based on such limited information is the thing you should call "bullshit."

most folks who have commented here, who are white  people....... see that a gun pointing woman who puts 4 black kids on her driveway did so because of her own racist MADE UP mentality that they posed a threat of some sort in the DAY TIME!!

Then maybe you can explain why a white woman once pointed a gun at me (a white man) for doing the same kind of thing as these kids. And yes, that was also during the day time. 

and either you support her actions or you dont

I don't know enough about why she did it to support it or not. I'm personally not in the habit of pointing a gun at anyone, and if I did, it would be for something very serious. I don't know what her thoughts were. Unlike some people, I don't claim to know everything.

taking race out of it so you dont spend 15 more posts 

How I spend my posts is my business. If you don't like them, don't read them.

convincing everyone 

I haven't tried to convince you or anyone else of anything. If haven't taken a side (as you already pointed out), then I don't have anything to convince anyone of, now do I?

why race doesn't matter

You just insisted it was racial. Now you want to change your mind? If you can't even make up your own mind why this happened, why are you trying to hassle me for having an open mind?

You sure don't act like you know the difference. Do you know the difference between a normal conversation and the shit you've been doing with me so far?

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5.1.19  cjfrommn  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.14    5 years ago

Well sadly you have exposed the problem that afflicts this country every day. I appreciate you seeding these type of stories. Of course i also get more of a kick out of those commentators /members that expose themselves to being supporters of these type of racist Americans.

in the end, it gets old seeing the same people comment by not commenting on how these type racist acting people to them seem to have value in our society.

And i know you have noticed more stories about them acting out since "that guy" has been president. at the end of day, i know there are more good people here at NT. then those members who do the trump "nut sack holding" and in this case the racist minded supporting of a woman like this. 

i am glad i dont live like some of those members, what a ugly existence. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.20  Tacos!  replied to  Jack_TX @5.1.17    5 years ago

Let me respectfully remind you and everyone else that I never said she wasn't racist. I have already said that she may well be racist. I'm saying we don't know that for sure and we are assuming it based solely on her skin color and the skin color of the kids. When we judge people based solely on their skin color, that is racist.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm white and had a white woman point a gun at me in a very similar situation. There's no racial factor in my story to turn to, so it is possible that a person could do what this lady did for some other reason. I'm not saying that whatever her reason she has is a good reason, either, but it might not be race.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1.21  Jack_TX  replied to  cjfrommn @5.1.16    5 years ago
and either you support her actions or you dont

I don't think anybody supports her actions.  

That doesn't change several facts:

• Tacos is right about the charges.  There will most likely be a plea deal to much lesser violations.
  • There are several other possibilities other than this woman being racist.  She may just be mentally ill.  She may have been on drugs.  There may have been previous threats based on her husband's position.  Personally, I don't think any of those are overly likely, but the possibilities certainly exist.
  • Lot's of burglaries happen during the daytime.  
  • Home invasions happen during the daytime.
So i wonder why you cant just call / agree / acknowledge that this Americans action against her fellow minor aged Americans is just not the correct approach in greeting her fellow Americans to her property.

I think that's quite an understatement.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1.22  Jack_TX  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.20    5 years ago

You're replying to me quoting somebody else.

I never said that.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5.1.23  cjfrommn  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.18    5 years ago

stop crying tacos--- your cut and paste style of thinking that changes a very simple situation is silly.

[Deleted] about how Americans treat each other. and i like before with you and your comments get very annoyed with them because , they are always game like. 

and let me type this, ...i am not here to change you or make you think i want you reborn, i am here to let you know that your comments are worthless when you cant even take a side.

i respect both sides of anything thing even if i dont understand or agree with the opposite side of a issue.

and AGAIN BOO HOO, you dont like me ripping your comments then maybe YOU SHOULDN'T POST. 

if you have every right to post then i have every right to respond. again this is very simple seeded article. and your comments show that you clearly havent STEPPED back and wondered how those black kids felt with a gun pulled on them in the DAYTIME.

her actions not only were racist by INTENT BUT WERE ALSO criminal.......feel free to respond to this statement only since that would be the normal thing to do..go!

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5.1.24  cjfrommn  replied to  Jack_TX @5.1.21    5 years ago
I don't think anybody supports her actions.  

well people know what you support when you state it. thats what grown folks do. they saw this is either right or wrong to them and give there reasons. my comment to tacos is based on past history and pattern that gets silly. so your comment to me is new and fresh and ill respond as such.

That doesn't change several facts:
  • Tacos is right about the charges.  There will most likely be a plea deal to much lesser violations.--
  • and YES this is how courts work and the game between the d.a.'s need for conviction and the defenses need to lessen the impact of her documented actions. But the aspect that this SEEDED article is addressing has to do with this FACT it was not necessary for her to take the action she did.  
  • There are several other possibilities other than this woman being racist. She may just be mentally ill.  She may have been on drugs.  There may have been previous threats based on her husband's position.  Personally, I don't think any of those are overly likely, but the possibilities certainly exist.
  • . -- and again the lists of why this is supposed to be seen have a sense of normalcy.  [Deleted]
  • Lot's of burglaries happen during the daytime.--
  • again they do but try to remember THESE KIDS had been to the houses next door to hers and HOME OWNERS interacted with these kids. we know this because almost all the news stories stated comments by her neighbors that stated "the kids were acting like kids as they went up the block"- meaning they were seen by others
  • Home invasions happen during the daytime. -
  • yes but these kids had no back packs or burglary tools , and none of the news reports indicated the cops had any reservations about the KIDS INTENT TO SELL CARDS.
I think that's quite an understatement.

No actually it is correct if you just think about how this country was founded. it was founded based on property rights. so this idea that this homeowner has the right to defend herself and property is based on a threat that existed. DID IT EXIST?

the idea that the kids have the right to be on public property and move about with out issue existed- DID IT NOT?

So then you take into factors of observation that suggest nothing out of the ordinary could be displayed to give cause for her to pull and point a gun at these 4 kids. WAS THERE?

So could she have told the boys to stop at any point of them crossing on to her property, of course! Could she have yelled " no soliciting here" , of course! Could she have stayed behind her closed house door and secured it with her gun at the ready, and wait for the police to arrive, of course!

Again this is a deep thought hard truth to this seeded article that others get. which is just simply a gun pulled is extreme.   the need for the  excuses you typed above and the avoidance mentality  by tacos, has validity in a way of stringing this story along, allowing for her actions to be seen as less then dangerous. 

But i like most here am tired of the string along, and dont need excuses (especially as a homeowner myself )to know her actions were not merited in any fashion and her choice to visually impact these kids via gun on those boys was unwarranted.

on a side note, if you(not you personally) but in general took a step back and thought -- what age is a good age to have a gun pulled on ANYONE ...is that what is ok now to think?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1.25  Jack_TX  replied to  cjfrommn @5.1.24    5 years ago
this comment right here is that DISCONNECT that appears when some folks dont include empathy for those who had the gun pulled on them

You're objecting because people don't "feel" like you want them to?  

again they do but try to remember THESE KIDS had been to the houses next door to hers and HOME OWNERS interacted with these kids. 

They might have even been wearing their jerseys.  Lots of schools make sure of that to lend authenticity to the kids.

No actually it is correct

I didn't say it wasn't correct.  I said it was an understatement.  You know what that is, right?

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5.1.26  cjfrommn  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.20    5 years ago
Let me respectfully remind you and everyone else that I never said she wasn't racist. I have already said that she may well be racist. I'm saying we don't know that for sure and we are assuming it based solely on her skin color and the skin color of the kids. When we judge people based solely on their skin color, that is racist.

Nice spin, and respectfully it is considered a RACIST act when the action of a person who is different then the other appears to be the ONLY REASON that person responded to those different then themselves in such a DELIBERATE WAY.( meaning all the other white neighbors this women had did not call the police or pull a gun out on them)

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm white and had a white woman point a gun at me in a very similar situation.

and you survived, sadly black kids and black adults do not survive encounters with some of those white people who pull guns and shoot at them. that is a REALITY for black people across this country.

There's no racial factor in my story to turn to, so it is possible that a person could do what this lady did for some other reason.

and what is being suggested to you is that with NO OTHER FACTORS present that would lead a normal person to suggest these black kids in this white area had other motives or intent, then it would be a reasonable suggestion.  But nothing like that existed, no burglary tools, no other complaints about there conduct, no past history , and no police indication other wise. 

I'm not saying that whatever her reason she has is a good reason, either, but it might not be race.

and what i and others are again suggesting to you is that you look at it from the other side. try to figure out what 4 black kids think and feel when they have INTERACTED WITH OTHER WHITE FOLKS in the same area and had no issues.  

part of the problem as pointed out before about trying to take race out of it, is then trying to determine what does exist enough to place the actions of this woman  and other race related articles where factors documented are present.  so the kids as noted above up until her had no problems, the police had no issues and the school had no complaints or was aware of ANY other the other kids causing problems doing this type of promotion....so 

maybe what is left is just as it is....the question is why cant that be enough for you..humm ?

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5.1.27  cjfrommn  replied to  Jack_TX @5.1.25    5 years ago
this comment right here is that DISCONNECT that appears when some folks dont include empathy for those who had the gun pulled on them
You're objecting because people don't "feel" like you want them to?  

nope i am suggesting that the FEELING OF HAVING GUN pulled on you should matter. so your sitting at your computer right now and someone walks in your house and points a gun in your face... so when you explain this dangerous encounter to others, you dont want them to understand how YOU FELT at that moment... come on man/ woman its should be a normal response to almost any thing you read or hear about that has potential violence associated with it.

again they do but try to remember THESE KIDS had been to the houses next door to hers and HOME OWNERS interacted with these kids. 
They might have even been wearing their jerseys.  Lots of schools make sure of that to lend authenticity to the kids.

well since you said that --- you do now understand that it makes the ACTIONS OF THIS woman more indefensible. because one of the first things when suspicious people are being identified is HOW THEY LOOK-- so hummm, seems to me she would have been able to notice these dont look like undistinguished items of clothing. poor thing she didnt help herself.

No actually it is correct
I didn't say it wasn't correct.  I said it was an understatement.  You know what that is, right?

yes i do 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1.28  Jack_TX  replied to  cjfrommn @5.1.27    5 years ago
nope i am suggesting that the FEELING OF HAVING GUN pulled on you should matter.

I'm sure they were terrified.  However "scaring people" isn't actually a crime.

you do now understand that it makes the ACTIONS OF THIS woman more indefensible.

You're acting like I didn't understand that before. 

To be fair, we don't know for certain if the boys had jerseys on or not.  In any case, everybody her age in the South knows what time of year it is and has seen this show before.  Around here, the kids just started back this week, so I expect we'll get large boys coming by the house any time now for just this purpose.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.29  Tacos!  replied to  Jack_TX @5.1.22    5 years ago

You're right. I don't know why that quote appeared in my reply to you. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.30  Tacos!  replied to  cjfrommn @5.1.23    5 years ago
stop crying tacos

You're the one crying. You're crying like a baby because I'm not saying exactly what you want me to say. I really don't care if you agree with me or not. To you, it's a huge deal. Do you need validation that badly?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.31  Tacos!  replied to  cjfrommn @5.1.24    5 years ago
my comment to tacos is based on past history and pattern

You might be confusing me with someone else. Your hostility to me has been completely unnecessary.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.32  Tacos!  replied to  cjfrommn @5.1.26    5 years ago
and you survived

As did the kids in this story. This story is not about all encounters like this that ever happen. And do you imagine that white people never murder other white people?

But nothing like that existed, no burglary tools, no other complaints about there conduct, no past history , and no police indication other wise.

All of that applied to my situation, too. Your distinction doesn't help clarify anything.

try to figure out what 4 black kids think and feel when they have INTERACTED WITH OTHER WHITE FOLKS in the same area and had no issues

So what? I interacted with a lot of people of all races and had no issues. That didn't keep a random woman from coming at me with her gun.

maybe what is left is just as it is....the question is why cant that be enough for you..humm ?

You still refuse to consider the fact that white women do this to white kids, too. You refuse to consider that if the issue isn't race, it must be something else. You refuse to consider that if its possible for this to happen where race isn't a factor, then it's possible race wasn't a factor in this particular case. Sometimes a crazy lady just points a gun at a stranger for her own, non-racial reasons.

The questions for you are 1) why do you need so badly for this to be a race issue and 2) why do you need so badly for me to agree with you?

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5.1.33  cjfrommn  replied to  Jack_TX @5.1.28    5 years ago
nope i am suggesting that the FEELING OF HAVING GUN pulled on you should matter. I'm sure they were terrified.  However "scaring people" isn't actually a crime.

actually disorderly conduct would be a charge she would have potentially faced if she didnt have a gun. She was charged for pointing the gun at those kids which up the charge. now a good defense guy will try to get those charged back down.

you do now understand that it makes the ACTIONS OF THIS woman more indefensible.

You're acting like I didn't understand that before. 

To be fair, we don't know for certain if the boys had jerseys on or not.  In any case, everybody her age in the South knows what time of year it is and has seen this show before.  Around here, the kids just started back this week, so I expect we'll get large boys coming by the house any time now for just this purpose

well then i suggest you dont answer the door if you plan not to buy anything and hopefully they will just go to the next house. But if you do, then kudos to you.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5.1.34  cjfrommn  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.32    5 years ago
and you survived
As did the kids in this story. This story is not about all encounters like this that ever happen. And do you imagine that white people never murder other white people?

stop that spin--see thats what i am saying-- this b.s. we know they murder each other just like every one else does. But guess what the POINT IS? that this encounter can make them boys feel like there are MORE WHITE WOMEN and people like her then there are NOT because we see this crap all over the news lately. So TACO the point is they may be breathing but did they survive, nope, they now realize that in doing something simple and fun, they could get killed. 

But nothing like that existed, no burglary tools, no other complaints about there conduct, no past history , and no police indication other wise.
All of that applied to my situation, too. Your distinction doesn't help clarify anything.

its not about YOU it is about these 4 boys and a womans lack of realizing they were NO THREAT. thus why she was charged.

try to figure out what 4 black kids think and feel when they have INTERACTED WITH OTHER WHITE FOLKS in the same area and had no issues
So what? I interacted with a lot of people of all races and had no issues. That didn't keep a random woman from coming at me with her gun.

again its not about YOU. for shits sake man, the part you seem not to understand is that there is now a stigma that rings true for these four boys-- the idea that they NOW NEVER know when this could happen again. along with the fact they know it has to other black men / brothers/ sisters / fathers / uncles and some have died with there encounters.  Sadly thats a real feeling espcially when you then throw on top of it bad acting cops in ANY community.

You still refuse to consider the fact that white women do this to white kids, too. You refuse to consider that if the issue isn't race, it must be something else. You refuse to consider that if its possible for this to happen where race isn't a factor, then it's possible race wasn't a factor in this particular case. Sometimes a crazy lady just points a gun at a stranger for her own, non-racial reasons.

bull shit-- because any person who knows anything about news stories ALWAYS WAITS TO HEAR the words--- "previsions history". we here it when someone is arrested for the first time "no criminal history" and we hear it when they do " this suspect has been previously arrested for the following when a public records check was performed"  > so if she did this to white kids, she would have been arrested, right? 

The questions for you are 1) why do you need so badly for this to be a race issue

stop it, it is not a need it is another observation that when no other factors are present, the actions can be judged as such. and when THE NEIGHBORS OBSERVED THEM and stated to the police they had witnessed the boys doing NOTHING then what else is there.

and 2) why do you need so badly for me to agree with you?

i dont need you to agree with me, i need to you to recognize that bullshit is bullshit and you keep this WHITE IS RIGHT shit up almost every post. the black kids did nothing wrong, nothing criminal, nothing illegal, nothing observed, nothing documented and yet were treated like they had been.

i am one to let you know AFTER YOUR COMMENTS, that perspective is everything and every time you come to these type seeded with this stance of wishy washy no side taken, mentality, i am going to remind you that this is real life here.

these kids no have had something occur to them that should NEVER HAVE HAPPENED. and for you as this (per you statement above) of the white guy who had the same encounter,  this might not be the encounter and thats the point that you seem to disregard via your comment style.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5.1.35  Jack_TX  replied to  cjfrommn @5.1.33    5 years ago
actually disorderly conduct would be a charge she would have potentially faced if she didnt have a gun. She was charged for pointing the gun at those kids which up the charge. now a good defense guy will try to get those charged back down.

That is how the system is supposed to work, yes.

well then i suggest you dont answer the door if you plan not to buy anything and hopefully they will just go to the next house. But if you do, then kudos to you.

We usually buy something.  If they're selling something we don't want, we donate.  We want to encourage these kids to get out and make positive things happen.  

My wife and I are where we are today because people believed in a couple of poor kids and offered encouragement.  The very least we can do is pay that forward.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.36  Tacos!  replied to  cjfrommn @5.1.34    5 years ago
they now realize that in doing something simple and fun, they could get killed. 

Yes, but that's true for anyone. It's not unique to black kids.

a womans lack of realizing they were NO THREAT. thus why she was charged

That's fine. It doesn't make her racist.

any person who knows anything about news stories ALWAYS WAITS TO HEAR the words--- "previsions history".

They do? Because I've never heard those words used together in any context. In fact, I had to look up the word "previsions" and I still don't see how it could be used with "history" in any context. Did you mean "previous?"

so if she did this to white kids, she would have been arrested, right?

Maybe. It would depend on the circumstances. When it happened to me, I didn't think to call the cops. I was just happy to be alive. Of course we didn't have cell phones in those days, either.

when no other factors are present

I gave you other perfectly reasonable possibilities and you just want to pretend they are impossible, even though I have told you repeatedly that this has happened where race could not be a factor.

you keep this WHITE IS RIGHT shit up almost every post

I haven't said anything like that ever. Would you care to cite where I ever said anything like that?

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5.1.37  cjfrommn  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.36    5 years ago
they now realize that in doing something simple and fun, they could get killed. 
Yes, but that's true for anyone. It's not unique to black kids.

clearly it is, for some odd reason your ability RECALL past news stories about how black kids are gunned down by law enforcement, white men upset over hearing rap music and so on. there seems to be some kind of buffer you have when you tube is filled with documented videos of black males dying at the hands of white people over similar to this situation right here. to suggest others wise is disingenuous.

a womans lack of realizing they were NO THREAT. thus why she was charged
That's fine. It doesn't make her racist.

ok again with the bullshit--- it surely doesnt allow her to NOT BE JUDGED as one. 

any person who knows anything about news stories ALWAYS WAITS TO HEAR the words--- "previsions history".
They do? Because I've never heard those words used together in any context. In fact, I had to look up the word "previsions" and I still don't see how it could be used with "history" in any context. Did you mean "previous?"

yes dam auto correct-- PREVIOUS history. and if you still try to say you have never heard news reporters, police spokesmen or lawyers on live or recorded tv or on tape say that about suspects or arrested people. then that would be a bold face lie.

so if she did this to white kids, she would have been arrested, right?
Maybe. It would depend on the circumstances. When it happened to me, I didn't think to call the cops. I was just happy to be alive. Of course we didn't have cell phones in those days, either.

again with the bullshit-- it doesnt depend on the circumstances they have been laid out for you. a cellphone doesnt change anything. police reports are made minutes, hours, and days after an event someone thinks they were a victim of. thus a investigator would be assigned. You were so happy to be alive and yet didnt think the person committed a crime against you--- humm thats must be a great way to live. And this comment actually says a lot about why you respond the way you do. 

when no other factors are present
I gave you other perfectly reasonable possibilities and you just want to pretend they are impossible, even though I have told you repeatedly that this has happened where race could not be a factor.

and yet the FACTS dont support your reasonable possibilities because the police and witnesses have established the facts you choose not to acknowledge.

you keep this WHITE IS RIGHT shit up almost every post
I haven't said anything like that ever. Would you care to cite where I ever said anything like that?

i have explained to you many times over racially seeded articles that your STANCE and comment style place you on the side. Where you suggest every thing under the sun to make us all believe that the white person being judged shouldn't be as a racist. And others have fell in line and agreed with your "reasonable possibilities" and thats good. But as i noted before that mentality gets old to read about from you. by the way i didnt say you SAID THOSE WORDS i suggested to you that your posts appear like that to me and others. And your comment style suggest that is exactly your take on things. 

at the end of the day, the reality is , you type words, to just type them and never indicate that there is a real life impact due to racist actions by some white Americans. and i just am one to remind you that this is DAY TO DAY 24 -7 reality that some blacks face that change how they PERCEIVE the world after such a scary and in this case criminal event. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago
 She was arguably just defending herself and her home against what she apparently thought might be some kind of home invasion. Though it sounds like she overreacted, it doesn't sound like she initiated contact or went out looking for these guys

Do you think she would have pulled a gun on four white teenagers? That is a yes or no question. 

Absent some sort of indication that the boys threatened her, which I dont see in the story, she was in the wrong. It is not a gray issue. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2    5 years ago

There are 327.2 Million people living in the US. The fact that every incident like this is front page news tells us how rare they have become.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.2.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2    5 years ago
Do you think she would have pulled a gun on four white teenagers? That is a yes or no question. 

It's possible. I know it's possible because it happened to me.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.1    5 years ago
The fact that every incident like this is front page news tells us how rare they have become.

It's front page news because of the races of the people involved. Race drama makes for more clicks and advertising revenue. White people point guns at white people and black people point guns at black people every day and it doesn't make the news because it doesn't feed into the entertainment value of racial drama.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @5.2.3    5 years ago

This is true.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
5.3  Willjay9  replied to  Tacos! @5    5 years ago

Actually you are defending her with your first comment because all your speculations dont jive with the facts. Fact she called the police when they werent even in her yard, fact: she DID initiate contact with these kids by coming outside pointing the gun on them when they were just in her driveway....but in your mind she was DEFENDING her home, that in her HEAD they wanted to INVADE her home......DL Hughly said it correctly the most dangerous place for a black person is on a white person's imagination! Btw aggravated ASSAULT doesnt require injury or even physicial contact just the threat bodily harm and the means to do it is enough (crazy bitch with a gun kind of fits that category) Forcing them to get down on the ground at gunpoint and refusing to let them leave with absolutely no crome being committed completes the false imprisonment and the fact that all that was done to kids finishes the trifecta, shes just lucky shes not in Florida she would be looking at 10 years MINIMUM

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Willjay9 @5.3    5 years ago
Actually you are defending her

If you only understood how ridiculous it looks when you try to tell someone else what they really think.

she DID initiate contact with these kids by coming outside pointing the gun on them when they were just in her driveway

Yeah, I had a lady do the exact same thing to me. Met me in her driveway. Opened up the garage as I was approaching with her rifle already in her hand. Been there, done that. I recognize the merit in it, though. If you genuinely believe someone is coming to your home to harm you, why would wait until they could trap you in the house to do anything about it?

in your mind she was DEFENDING her home

I urge you to work on 1) reading comprehension and 2) your mind reading powers. I have never said I thought she was defending her home. I merely raised the possibility that she thought that - however misguided that thought might have been on her part. She might also be crazy or racist. I have said all of those things.

The thing that you and your allies are all bent out of shape about is that I will not say unequivocally that she definitely is racist because I (nor you) have any way of knowing that for sure.

Btw aggravated ASSAULT doesnt require injury or even physicial contact just the threat bodily harm and the means to do it is enough

That's true, however it is also a crime that requires intent. If her intent is self defense as opposed to simply putting someone in fear of imminent death, then it will be hard to convict her. It's very much in her favor that she called the police and never pulled the trigger. 

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
5.3.2  Willjay9  replied to  Tacos! @5.3.1    5 years ago

Dude your words show that you are defending her! You use words like "possibility" people only use that if they are trying to defend an alternative, you come up with outlandish scenerios to justify actions to go against the facts....but yet you still insist you're not defending her?! Here's the problem you're too busy trying to gaslight thus as not being racist that you are giving justification for a blatant obvious crime she committed! Perfect example aggravated assault doesnt require intent just the means to carry out said threat of serious bodily harm! In other words if i told you i was going to beat the shit out of you my 6'1 245lb frame is more than enough to carry that out...that becomes assault, if i had a gun and told you dont move or ill shoot thats AGGRAVATED ASSAULT! Having the gun in hand is all the intent required! Self defense is an affirmative defense, just saying you are afraid isnt good enough she would have to prove their was an ACTUAL threat of serious bodily harm or death.....ACTUAL, not some irrational fear generated by her racism

Now...you keep bringing up this anecdotal event in your life claiming some white woman pointing a gun at you with no context because what you said doesnt sound right...did she meet you at the driveway or opened the garage on you?!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.3.3  Tacos!  replied to  Willjay9 @5.3.2    5 years ago
Dude your words show that you are defending her!

I guess some people see what they want to see. I find it interesting that you don't seem to care about my opinion of what my words mean. It doesn't matter to you that I say I'm not defending her and that I reserve judgment on whether or not she was motivated by race. Only your interpretation of my words has any validity, eh?

you're too busy trying to gaslight

Having an open mind is not gaslighting. I'm not trying to convince you you're crazy. I just think you don't have enough information to reach the conclusion you have. That's a simple disagreement and nothing more. But I guess if that kind of thing threatens you this much, then you might think of it as gaslighting. You might want to get used to the idea that not everybody rushes to judgment like you have here. You have also rushed to judge me as well as the woman in the story. Interesting.

In other words if i told you i was going to beat the shit out of you my 6'1 245lb frame is more than enough to carry that out...that becomes assault

No it doesn't. An assault puts the victim in a reasonable apprehension of an imminent battery. That is, you'd have to take a swing at me, or at least cock your fist and make like you were going to throw it at me. Mere threats are not enough. But enough about your fantasies . . .

Now...you keep bringing up this anecdotal event in your life claiming

Claiming? You calling me a liar now?

did she meet you at the driveway or opened the garage on you?!

Both. She opened the garage and stepped out onto the driveway, which is where I already was as I was approaching her front door. I was surprised to see the door opening. I was even more surprised to see her point a rifle at me.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8  bbl-1    5 years ago

Wouldn't get into too much of a twist over this.  It is Arkansas, right next to Mississippi and Louisiana.  Antebellum dies hard. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @8    5 years ago

Holding kids at gunpoint but don't get into a twist about it.  Got it.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
9  lady in black    5 years ago

This disgusting excuse for a human being should have the book thrown at her...what a pos idiot.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10  JohnRussell    5 years ago

Has Trump called her fat yet?  Probably not. 

Maybe he will offer her a position at Homeland Security, after all her husband has law enforcement experience.