╌>

Trump lashes out at former communications director Scaramucci, calls him 'highly unstable'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  5 years ago  •  3 comments

Trump lashes out at former communications director Scaramucci, calls him 'highly unstable'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Politics

aaaa2f80-fa39-11e8-8fbf-da9c00b689c4   Nicholas Wu, USA TODAY   35 minutes ago  

d7e2b0393115fcce72ddb6f761088efb

WASHINGTON –   President Donald Trump   lashed out at his former communications director   Anthony Scaramucci   on Monday morning, calling him a "highly unstable 'nut job'."

Trump distanced himself from Scaramucci, who had been the White House communications director for 11 days in 2017, saying that "I barely knew him until his 11 days of gross incompetence." 

Trump added that Scaramucci "made a fool of himself...abused staff, got fired." 

Scaramucci had been   dismissed   from his position in July 2017 after a brief but colorful tenure.

Referring to Scaramucci's book "Trump, the Blue-Collar President," Trump added that Scaramucci, "wrote a very nice book about me just recently. Now the book is a lie?" 

More:   President Donald Trump on Anthony Scaramucci: He was 'totally incapable of handling' White House job

More:   Anthony Scaramucci: Replace Donald Trump as Republican nominee in 2020

More:   Scaramucci on Trump: 'Very clear that it’s impossible for him to win'

Trump has recently escalated his rhetorical war with his former staffer and has called him "totally incapable of handling" his White House job. Scaramucci, for his part, has called for the Republican Party to drop Trump as its nominee, though he has said that he would vote for Trump over a Democrat. 

Earlier Monday morning, Scaramucci had appeared on   CNN's "New Day"   to say he was   assembling   a coalition of Republicans to oppose the president. 

"I've got to get some of these former cabinet officials in unity to speak up about it. They know it's a crisis. It goes back to things like the Caine mutiny court-martial," Scaramucci, making a reference to a 1954 movie about a mutiny aboard a U.S. Navy ship. 

Scaramucci did not respond when asked who the former cabinet officials were, predicting instead a "trove of people" would come together. 

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:   Trump lashes out at Anthony Scaramucci, calls him 'highly unstable'

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago

WASHINGTON –   President Donald Trump   lashed out at his former communications director   Anthony Scaramucci   on Monday morning, calling him a "highly unstable 'nut job'."

This 'president' is a  highly unstable nut job.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Tessylo    5 years ago
Politics

Trump claims 'mental wreck' Scaramucci abused White House staff in extraordinary attack on former aide

65352920-ded2-11e6-8b0a-2fe0a36835e8_200   Tom Embury-Dennis, The Independent   1 hour 12 minutes ago

Donald Trump has launched an extraordinary attack against Anthony Scaramucci, accusing his former White House press secretary of "abusing staff".

"Anthony Scaramucci is a highly unstable 'nut job' who was with other candidates in the primary who got shellaced, and then unfortunately wheedled his way into my campaign," Mr Trump tweeted on Monday morning.

"I barely knew him until his 11 days of gross incompetence-made a fool of himself, bad on TV. Abused staff, got fired" the US president added without providing evidence.

"Wrote a very nice book about me just recently. Now the book is a lie? Said his wife was driving him crazy, 'something big' was happening with her. Getting divorced. He was a mental wreck. We didn’t want him around. Now Fake News puts him on like he was my buddy!"

More follows…

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3  luther28    5 years ago

It would appear they have much in common.

Climbing into my way back machine:

On July 21, 2017, President Donald Trump appointed Scaramucci White HouseCommunications Director, to take office on July 25.

I suppose this would mean that the bloom is off the rose so to speak. If Mr. Trump appointed a "highly unstable" individual to a position, wouldn't that make ............. you know where it leads :)