╌>

Women ask Supreme Court to toss topless ban: Why are rules different for men?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tig  •  5 years ago  •  159 comments

Women ask Supreme Court to toss topless ban: Why are rules different for men?
Their rallying cry is "Free the Nipple," a global motto for females seeking equal treatment.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Pete Williams

WASHINGTON — Three New Hampshire women are asking the U.S. Supreme Court to declare that a city ordinance banning women from appearing topless in public violates the Constitution by treating men and women differently.

Their rallying cry is "Free the Nipple," a global motto for women seeking equal treatment.

The case began in 2016 when Ginger Pierro did her yoga exercises topless at a lakeside beach in Laconia and was arrested for violating a city ordinance banning public nudity, including "the showing of the female breast with less than a fully opaque covering any part of the nipple."

Three days later two other women, Heidi Lilley and Kia Sinclair, went to the same beach, appearing topless to protest the arrest. They, too, were charged with violating the nudity law.

All three challenged their convictions but lost in the New Hampshire courts. Now they're asking the Supreme Court to hear their appeal when the court's new term begins in October.

They say topless bans are discriminatory because men can appear in public without their shirts. The bans also further the "sexualized objectification of women," according to their Supreme Court legal brief.

The New Hampshire Supreme Court rejected their challenge, acknowledging that the law treats men and women differently.

But it said the sexes "are not fungible" with respect to the traditional understanding of what constitutes nudity. Public exposure of the female breast "almost invariably conveys sexual overtones," the state court said. Most lower courts have come to the same conclusion.

But in February, the federal appeals court for the Tenth Circuit struck down a topless ban in Fort Collins, near Denver.

The ruling found no justification for treating men and women differently when they wish to bare their chests. Society's sexualization, the court said, "has engrained in us the stereotype that the primary purpose for women's breasts is sex, not feeding babies." Such a stereotype, the ruling said, "serves the function of keeping women in their place."

The Supreme Court will likely announce in early October whether it will hear the case.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1  seeder  TᵢG    5 years ago

Well … uh … what was the question again?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  TᵢG @1    5 years ago

I don't think anyone wants to see old women walking around topless, but, well.....otherwise no problem for younger women as long as they wear a hijab as well.  After all, their desire is to declare, establish and prove their freedom so they should balance it with a symbol of suppression and submission.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    5 years ago
I don't think anyone wants to see old women walking around topless, but, well.....otherwise no problem for younger women as long as they wear a hijab as well.

So women can only go topless if YOU approve? Guessing equality isn't an issue for you. If it's good for one, it should be good for all, what you think is, "a nice set of tits", be damned. This isn't about what YOU like. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.1    5 years ago

Here's to you MISTER Frost....

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    5 years ago
I don't think anyone wants to see old women walking around topless,

I don't want to see pasty, fat old men walking around topless, either, but they seldom consult me about it before they do.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.3    5 years ago

They should have a speedo ban.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.3    5 years ago

I agree with you, but that's not the topic. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    5 years ago

What about all of the overweight men with moobs in banana hammocks on the beach?  It is not a pretty sight.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.7  Raven Wing  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.3    5 years ago
but they seldom consult me about it before they do.

Why can men walk around any time they please, any where they please, and it is just fine. But, if a woman does it she gets arrested for indecent exposure. 

And no, I am not the least bit interested in seeing women walking around topless, but, it is the Misogynous hypocrisy of the law.

I have seen men with bigger boobs than some women out walking around as free as you please. Very disgusting.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  Freefaller  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.3    5 years ago
I don't want to see pasty, fat old men walking around topless, either, but they seldom consult me about it before they do.

Lol I agree fat, pasty, all wrinkly, liver spots all over, grey back hair sticking out everywhere.  Now imagine that wearing a yellow banana hammock cause I've seen it (still gives me the willies)

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.5    5 years ago

Whether the skin shown is esthetically pleasing isn't the topic, either.  It's legal for men, and there's no good reason it shouldn't be legal for women, too.

Of course, hijab isn't the topic, either.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.14  sandy-2021492  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @1.1.13    5 years ago

Care to tell us what that reason is?

luther28
Sophomore Silent
1.1.16  luther28  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.3    5 years ago
"I don't think anyone wants to see old women walking around topless,
I don't want to see pasty, fat old men walking around topless, either, but they seldom consult me about it before they do."

Touche, Sandy :)

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.17  sandy-2021492  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @1.1.15    5 years ago

Pretty much as I thought. Your comment, as usual, was not intended to contribute anything of value to the discussion.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.3    5 years ago

And I sure as hell don't want to see topless men in their beater pick-up trucks driving around town

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.18    5 years ago

With their truck nuts hanging off the rear view mirror or license plates?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.19    5 years ago

Those, too! LOL!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.21  Raven Wing  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.11    5 years ago
Don’t forget the potbellies.

OMG....I've seen some men that need suspenders just to hold up their pot bellies. Ugh!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.3    5 years ago

I'm with you Sandy

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.5    5 years ago

But it is Buzz. It is about that the human body, be it male or female should be treated in the same manner. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1.1.24  Freefaller  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.14    5 years ago
Care to tell us what that reason is?

Since you're unlikely to get a straight forward answer from FW I'm gonna guess the reason is puritanical institutional misogyny.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.25  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.19    5 years ago
truck nuts

speaking of things that should be banned . . . 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Trout Giggles  replied to  Freefaller @1.1.24    5 years ago
puritanical institutional misogyny.

that's 3X too many big words

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.27  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.21    5 years ago

Want a real eye opener when it comes to inappropriate dress, try The People Of Walmart videos on YT.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.1.28  Drakkonis  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.7    5 years ago
...but, it is the Misogynous hypocrisy of the law.

I don't see how such laws are misogynous or hypocrisy. As I understand it, misogyny is the dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women. I don't see that as the basis of any law concerning this. Nudity laws, as I understand them in general, prohibit the public exposure of sexual organs, for what I hope are reasons that do not need to be explained. Most civilizations have considered women's breasts as sexual organs. So it seems to me the law is recognition of normal sexual mores of the society, not a conscience effort due to dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women. 

Men find women's breasts sexually arousing. As far as I know, women do not seem to have the same preoccupation with topless males. At least, I've never heard of such. If it should come to be that women can go topless, then there's really little point in restricting them from going bottomless as well, for the reason already mentioned. And this is why it really isn't hypocrisy, either. Since societies do not sexualize male chests the way it does females, they aren't exposing sexual organs. If males got to expose their sexual organs but not women, that would be hypocrisy. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.29  MrFrost  replied to  Drakkonis @1.1.28    5 years ago
Nudity laws, as I understand them in general, prohibit the public exposure of sexual organs, for what I hope are reasons that do not need to be explained.

As I said below, breasts are not required for reproduction, therefore they are not sex organs. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.1.30  Drakkonis  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.29    5 years ago
As I said below, breasts are not required for reproduction, therefore they are not sex organs. 

Tell that to nearly every society that has ever been. Whether or not it is required for reproduction isn't the determining factor. Whether the organ is involved with sex is. Hence, a sexual organ. And don't blame me for my opinion. It is an established fact that women's breasts are a hardwired biological sexual trigger for men. It isn't anyone's fault. It is less than realistic to ask half the population to stop being attracted to them. Especially in a hypersexualized society such as ours. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.31  MrFrost  replied to  Drakkonis @1.1.30    5 years ago
It is an established fact that women's breasts are a hardwired biological sexual trigger for men.

Perhaps here in the USA, but in Europe, not so much. Hell, even in Russia they are pretty lax about women going topless. 

As I said before, how men may feel about looking at boobs isn't really the fault of the woman, so why should she have to be covered up when it's the men who seem to have the problem with women going topless? 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1.1.32  Freefaller  replied to  Drakkonis @1.1.30    5 years ago
Whether the organ is involved with sex is. Hence, a sexual organ.

Lol so we should all cover our lips then?

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.1.33  Drakkonis  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.31    5 years ago
Perhaps here in the USA, but in Europe, not so much. Hell, even in Russia they are pretty lax about women going topless.

You are not addressing my point. That they are more lax in Europe doesn't detract from the reality that it is still a sexual trigger for men. 

As I said before, how men may feel about looking at boobs isn't really the fault of the woman, so why should she have to be covered up when it's the men who seem to have the problem with women going topless?

To answer, let's try to put the question the other way round. 

How women may feel about looking at penises isn't really the fault of men, so why should he have to be covered up when it's the women who seem to have the problem with men letting their junk hang out? Basically, it's the argument against speedo's, which in my opinion, should be illegal in public except in swimming competitions or similar events. 

Of course, all this is my opinion on this subject. I understand not everyone will agree but I think the reason for their not agreeing isn't quite what they think it is. If you have been reading through the various comments being made about this, the one point of agreement is that nobody wants to see fat people, male or female, topless. They are making fun of such people. Apparently, the only people that should be seen topless are sexually attractive people. And it doesn't even have to be topless. How many jokes have you heard about fat people wearing spandex? Apparently, only people who are sexually attractive are suitable candidates for spandex. 

Personally, I'm not comfortable with going shirtless in public so I don't do it, and not because I have a problem with body image. I might take out the garbage shirtless occasionally, but not very often. I usually put one on first. About the only suitable place for it is swimming for the most part. If anything, if this really needs to be an issue, I would say ban men from going shirtless in most public situations rather than let women go topless. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.34  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.3    5 years ago

Well said Sandra. What do we have here 3 women?  Case dismissed!

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.36  sandy-2021492  replied to  Drakkonis @1.1.30    5 years ago
It is less than realistic to ask half the population to stop being attracted to them.

I am attracted to really nice pecs and abs.  Most straight women I know are, too.  By that logic, we should require men to wear shirts, by law.  Especially those who spend time in the gym.  Women like me can't be expected to stop being attracted to well-toned male bodies, so those men should be jailed for displaying themselves.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.38  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.35    5 years ago
Hell, most Russian men are so drunk, they think they see 8 boobs per person.   I

<chuckle> Yer not wrong. LOL +1

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.39  Raven Wing  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.36    5 years ago
I am attracted to really nice pecs and abs.

I like a man with some meat on his bones, all well distributed throughout. Snuggling to a skeleton is not my idea of comfort. 

However, there is a difference between meat and flab. I want to buy a man a shirt by the size, not by the pound. jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.40  MrFrost  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.27    5 years ago

Want a real eye opener when it comes to inappropriate dress, try The People Of Walmart videos on YT.

Yea, we have a wal-mart in town that is that way. I am sure I could walk in there wearing nothing but a jock strap, flip flops and a tool belt and no one would say a word. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.41  sandy-2021492  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.39    5 years ago

I don't like a skeleton, either.  I like some muscle - not a guy who's muscle-bound like a bodybuilder or anything, and he also doesn't have to have < 5% body fat.  If he looks like I could take him in an arm wrestle, I'm not interested.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.42  Jack_TX  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.4    5 years ago
They should have a speedo ban.  

We have found something upon which we agree fully.

Outstanding!

Drinks are on me.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.43  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.12    5 years ago
"Of course, hijab isn't the topic, either."

Ah, but freedom as opposed to suppression and submission is.  My comment speaks of balance. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.44  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.43    5 years ago

Sure, Buzz.

The pattern continues.

TTGA
Professor Silent
1.1.45  TTGA  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.35    5 years ago
Hell, most Russian men are so drunk, they think they see 8 boobs per person.   It's a turn off as they think they're looking at a pig.

Considering the looks of many Russian women, they may be right.

I think that the guy (and I'm pretty sure it was a guy) who somehow convinced  a group of otherwise intelligent women that the way to show that you were a FEMINIST and EQUAL TO MEN was to walk around in public half naked really missed his calling.  He should have been selling air conditioning to Eskimos.  He'd have made a bundle.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1.1.46  Drakkonis  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.36    5 years ago
I am attracted to really nice pecs and abs.  Most straight women I know are, too.  By that logic, we should require men to wear shirts, by law.  Especially those who spend time in the gym.  Women like me can't be expected to stop being attracted to well-toned male bodies, so those men should be jailed for displaying themselves.

Yes. That is why I think men should have the same restrictions as women. But men would work around them the same way women do. But at least they'd be wearing something. It's only fair, right? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.48  Trout Giggles  replied to  Drakkonis @1.1.28    5 years ago
women do not seem to have the same preoccupation with topless males.

I've been known to swoon at a pair of well toned pectorals.....

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.49  MrFrost  replied to  TTGA @1.1.45    5 years ago
Considering the looks of many Russian women, they may be right.

I don't know, I have seen some damn good looking Russian women. Example. Svetlana on Shameless. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.50  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Freefaller @1.1.8    5 years ago

Since I lost over 100 lbs, my stomach looks like a shar pei dog.  Even if it were lawful to go out without a shirt on, there is no way I would subject the visually non impaired world to that sight.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
1.1.51  Freefaller  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.50    5 years ago
Since I lost over 100 lbs

Congratulations!

my stomach looks like a shar pei dog.

Lol, hopefully time will help with that (or surgery if you are so inclined) 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.52  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Freefaller @1.1.51    5 years ago

At my age (67) it would be a waste of money even if I could afford it.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.54  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.35    5 years ago

they think they're looking at a pig

Or a Picasso painting.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.56  MrFrost  replied to  Drakkonis @1.1.33    5 years ago
To answer, let's try to put the question the other way round. 

Why? I presented the argument in a logical order. No need to flip it around. 

How women may feel about looking at penises isn't really the fault of men, so why should he have to be covered up when it's the women who seem to have the problem with men letting their junk hang out? Basically, it's the argument against speedo's, which in my opinion, should be illegal in public except in swimming competitions or similar events. 

A penis is a sexual organ, boobs aren't so the likelihood that men going bottomless in public will never even come up. 

Of course, all this is my opinion on this subject. I understand not everyone will agree but I think the reason for their not agreeing isn't quite what they think it is. If you have been reading through the various comments being made about this, the one point of agreement is that nobody wants to see fat people, male or female, topless. They are making fun of such people. Apparently, the only people that should be seen topless are sexually attractive people. And it doesn't even have to be topless. How many jokes have you heard about fat people wearing spandex? Apparently, only people who are sexually attractive are suitable candidates for spandex. 

I get your point and as I pointed out below, there is room for tongue-n-cheek comments. Without joking, I seriously don't care how old a woman is if she wants to go topless, (18+ of course). Boobs are big, small, perky, not so perky, big nipples, small nipples, etc...It doesn't matter, the point is that if a woman wants to go topless, she should be able to.....legally.

I agree that there are women that probably should avoid spandex, but if I see a large woman in Wal-Mart wearing spandex, it's not really my place to point it out OR complain. Just because *I* don't like it doesn't mean *SHE* can't wear it. 

Personally, I'm not comfortable with going shirtless in public so I don't do it, and not because I have a problem with body image. I might take out the garbage shirtless occasionally, but not very often. I usually put one on first. About the only suitable place for it is swimming for the most part.

I had nine abdominal surgeries in 2 years. I have LOTS of scars, so I get it. I still almost never wear a shirt around the house or outside doing yard work but that's mostly because my neighbors can't even see me. If my neighbors wife comes over to BS, I throw a shirt on. 

If anything, if this really needs to be an issue, I would say ban men from going shirtless in most public situations rather than let women go topless. 

I disagree. Why punish both sexes because women want to go topless. Much easier to just tell them to go for it. And honestly, if they DID remove the law, how many women do you think are going to run around topless the next day? A handful at most. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.2  Jack_TX  replied to  TᵢG @1    5 years ago
Well … uh … what was the question again?

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Well done.

JBB
Professor Principal
2  JBB    5 years ago

With America in the throws of an obesity crisis perhaps what we really need is to require that men with more than an A cup cover-up and maybe try lifting up their massive pendulous breasteses. Nobody wants to see your fatass juggs fellas...

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JBB @2    5 years ago
Nobody wants to see your fatass juggs fellas...

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad had a set of mitties you had to see to believe.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    5 years ago

If I could find it and knew how to paste a picture, I would choose one of the guy from the first Borat movie.  He was naked chasing Borat also naked.  It is the grossest case of moobs that I have ever seen.  Dolly Parton would look flat chested compared to him.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kathleen @2.1.2    5 years ago

Yes it was and you know just what guy I am referring to.

Professor Guide
2.1.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.1    5 years ago

Maybe not what you are looking for, but it does make a point.  Or two.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.4    5 years ago

Someone pass the eye bleach please.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.4    5 years ago

Doesn't that violate the TOS or something?

j/k

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.9  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.4    5 years ago

OMG Sister....that is totally gross.....but...also totally hilarious. jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.4    5 years ago

Fat man Slow motion

Maybe not what you are looking for, but it does make a point.  Or two.

Oh god I looked!!!!

6353202.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.12  MrFrost  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.4    5 years ago

His chest reminds me of my x mother in laws ass. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.14  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.13    5 years ago

She liked spandex.. It was.....gross. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.14    5 years ago
She liked spandex.

Yes....that is definitely how you knew your MIL's ass. Spandex doesn't hide a GD thing

TTGA
Professor Silent
2.2  TTGA  replied to  JBB @2    5 years ago
With America in the throws of an obesity crisis perhaps what we really need is to require that men with more than an A cup cover-up and maybe try lifting up their massive pendulous breasteses.

I'm pretty sure that message has already been delivered.  I've been stuck in line at Disney World behind a woman with an at least 80 inch hip line and wearing (ugh) spandex.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  TTGA @2.2    5 years ago

If she floats an air biscuit, many will die...run for your life! 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3  MrFrost    5 years ago

Breasts are not required for reproduction and the "rule" is that reproductive organs need to be covered in public. 

I know this article has a lot of potential for some, "tongue and cheek" comments, but...from a scientific standpoint, there is no reason why a woman should not be able to go topless in public. 

Professor Guide
3.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MrFrost @3    5 years ago
from a scientific standpoint, there is no reason why a woman should not be able to go topless in public. 

Scientific, schmientific.  You just want to see boobies every time you leave the house.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    5 years ago
You just want to see boobies every time you leave the house.

Well duh... When it comes to boobs I am like a woman in a shoe store, "I want to see every pair!!!!!!!". 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.1    5 years ago

How very strange.   jrSmiley_100_smiley_image.jpg

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.2    5 years ago

And disturbingly funny.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @3    5 years ago

Breasts were designed to offer sustenance. Men were the ones who decided that breasts are a sex object.

Ever see the movie "Who's Talking?"

John Travolta sees a nice pair of breasts and asks the baby "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

And the baby replies "Yeah...lunch!"

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2    5 years ago
Men were the ones who decided that breasts are a sex object.

We did not decide that.   We actually have no idea why we are so fascinated with breasts.  All that we know is that we are.   

Not a choice, not a decision; we were born this way.

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.1    5 years ago

That's your story and you're sticking to it, eh?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.3  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.2    5 years ago

Yup, not our choice.   We are cursed with this by nature; that damn Y chromosome I suppose.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.3    5 years ago

Tig,

It is cultural. In France entire families got to the beach topless and I didn't see fathers looking at their teenage daughters in any sexual way. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2    5 years ago

That's right. There was much debate and disagreement. Elbows were also on the agenda. In the end, though it was a close vote, we decided breasts would be a sex object and elbows would not. Not everyone agreed, but we stand by the process.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.6  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2    5 years ago
John Travolta sees a nice pair of breasts and asks the baby "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" And the baby replies "Yeah...lunch!"

Yes indeed, and I saw that movie! It's one of my favorites. And that part in the movie always has me in stitches no matter how many times I watch it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.5    5 years ago

You and TiG are cracking me up. I'm glad you guys took my comment in the good natured way it was intended.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.8  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.2.4    5 years ago
I didn't see fathers looking at their teenage daughters in any sexual way.

I would hope not.

Now, how did the fathers look at other women on the beach?   

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.9  Raven Wing  replied to  Tacos! @3.2.5    5 years ago

In Japan, the nape of the woman's neck was what was considered sexy, not the boobs. That is why the Geisha's word their Kimonos with the back of the neck exposed and their boobs fully covered.

In some other cultures, it was the ankles that were considered sexy and not the boobs. I think that was because women were required to wear long dresses, but, low necklines were acceptable. So when a woman's ankle was accidentally exposed men got all excited.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.10  Raven Wing  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.8    5 years ago
Now, how did the fathers look at other women on the beach?

Depends on how henpecked they are, and how good at acting they are. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.11  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  Raven Wing @3.2.9    5 years ago

Forbidden fruit.   While that is true, I am willing to bet that most men would prefer to see boobs over ankles and boobs over nape of necks.    All good, but some parts are more ... interesting ... than others.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.14  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2    5 years ago

True and it was most likely a, "save me from myself" law. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.15  MrFrost  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.2.4    5 years ago
In France entire families got to the beach topless and I didn't see fathers looking at their teenage daughters in any sexual way. 

True. It's a cultural thing. In Europe walking around topless may not be a routine thing, but they certainly don't flip out when a woman goes topless on the beach. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.16  MrFrost  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.2.4    5 years ago
and I didn't see fathers looking at their teenage daughters in any sexual way. 

I cannot even imagine seeing my teen daughter topless... That would be years of therapy. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.17  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.14    5 years ago

I don't doubt it....rofl

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.18  Raven Wing  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.11    5 years ago
All good, but some parts are more ... interesting ... than others.

Very true. Customs and cultures around the world at different times in history have given way to what is popular today. But, it is interesting to see how different female body parts were sexual turn stimulants over time. 

Professor Guide
3.2.19  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.2.4    5 years ago
It is cultural. In France entire families got to the beach topless and I didn't see fathers looking at their teenage daughters in any sexual way. 

Years ago, Air France needed borrow one of Continental's 727s and 2 complete flight crews to go with it.  We ferried the plane to Haiti and spent 2 days flying passengers to and from the various islands.  We stayed in a fabulous resort that was protected by a 12-ft wall, and our rooms had individual courtyards that opened up onto the most beautiful beach I had ever seen.  Slightly shocked, I was, by the amount of buck-nekkid that seemed to be everywhere.  We had to remember that to them, it wasn't a nude beach or a topless beach; it was just a beach.  It took a few minutes to acclimate.  After that, I could carry on a conversation with completely naked Pappy and keep my eyes on his face.  Of course they were both spinning in one eye socket.

Did I?  No.  Did anyone else on our crew?  No.  Did the pilots pester the crap out of us with the 'when in Rome' mantra.  Of course.  We told them that we would if they did first.  Cowards.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.2.20  sandy-2021492  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.2.19    5 years ago

A few years ago, I had an employee who had spent her high school years living in Ireland.  I had just visited there, and commented on how hardy the Irish are - swimming when it was maybe in the upper 60s, and the water was too cold for me to wade in ankle deep.  She said it was customary there to carry one's bathing suit to the beach and change there.  No changing room required.  Just strip down and suit up in front of God and everybody.  She said she was pretty shocked her first few trips to the beach.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    5 years ago

It's just a social norm, that's all. People don't want to see that shit. And speaking for myself, I don't want to see your man-nipples either. What makes anyone think that body part is so attractive that it needs to be on display?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @4    5 years ago

Gynecomastia on a man is extremely unattractive. I've seen it on boys as young as 13

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    5 years ago
Gynecomastia

I've seen that on a few men. Some look like they had breast implants.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    5 years ago

There is a medication (I forget which one) that causes gynecomastia in young males.  They usually end up getting medically reduced.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.2    5 years ago

I think it's the medication used for ADD and ADHD.

When I first heard about this side effect, I thought maybe that drug had female hormones in it...to calm the boys.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
5  Bob Nelson    5 years ago
Such a stereotype, the ruling said, "serves the function of keeping women in their place."

Hey!

It's an old-white-guy, kinder-küche-kirche country, so what do you expect?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Bob Nelson @5    5 years ago

Our "place" is anywhere we wish to be.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1    5 years ago
Our "place" is anywhere we wish to be.

Exactly. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Kathleen @5.1.2    5 years ago
I think if a man said that to me, my foot would be in another place.

Mine would certainly be in a place the man would not like, and be more than a little 'uncomfortable'.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kathleen @5.1.2    5 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

luther28
Sophomore Silent
9  luther28    5 years ago

Ah, a nipple by any other name.

I see no difficulties here, after all we all have them. Though as many have mentioned there are those I am better off not having seen.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
12  Citizen Kane-473667    5 years ago

Ban ALL clothes to reduce crime...nowhere to hide the weapon! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Seriously though, it is time we stopped thinking there is anything wrong with nudity, in any form. It is leftovers from the Puritanical past generations. Don't want to see those floppy tits or low-hanging balls, then don't look at them. Why do I have to sweat my ass off when you can simply look away???

MrFrost
Professor Expert
12.1  MrFrost  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @12    5 years ago
low-hanging balls

Just wanted to say thanks for helping me with my diet. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @12    5 years ago

Do you know who the most popular man at a nudist colony is?

He is the one who can carry a dozen doughnuts and two cups of coffee at the same time.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
12.2.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @12.2    5 years ago

jrSmiley_40_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @12.2.1    5 years ago

I wasn't sure anyone would get that.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
12.2.3  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @12.2.2    5 years ago

The lucky women there will! jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12.2.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @12.2.3    5 years ago

Do you know why men drive cars to a nudist colony?

Because they always have somewhere to hang their keys.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
13  dave-2693993    5 years ago

Nothing like pulling that bowtie string right there.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1  Tessylo  replied to  dave-2693993 @13    5 years ago

That has nothing to do with this thread. 

Stop bragging

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
13.1.1  dave-2693993  replied to  Tessylo @13.1    5 years ago

Who are you?

I'll let TiG be the judge of that, taking all current posts in to consideration.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
13.1.4  dave-2693993  replied to  Kathleen @13.1.3    5 years ago

LOL

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  dave-2693993 @13.1.1    5 years ago

You're just bragging how you take advantage of two women.  

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
13.1.6  dave-2693993  replied to  Tessylo @13.1.5    5 years ago

Another who turns X into Y.

Carry on.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
14  It Is ME    5 years ago

Show us your TITS !

On Second thought …………...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates