AOC, Omar, Tlaib Silent As Palestinians Outlaws LGBT Activity in West Bank

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  one month ago  •  85 comments

AOC, Omar, Tlaib Silent As Palestinians Outlaws LGBT Activity in West Bank

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

They would have gone nuclear if Israel did this.

Via   PJM :

Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) have remained silent after the Palestinian Authority banned LGBT activity in the West Bank. These members of “The Squad” have supported legislation praising the Boycott-Divestment-Sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel and voted against legislation condemning it. PJ Media reached out to them for comment on the move, and they have remained silent.

Early Monday morning, The Jerusalem Post reported that the PA and Palestine Police had outlawed LGBT activity in the West Bank and threatened to arrest members of the LGBT group Al-Qaws for Sexual & Gender Diversity in Palestinian Society. Al-Qaws was planning a gathering for members in Nablus at the end of the month. The group only has offices in Israel — in East Jerusalem and in Haifa.

Luay Zreikat, a spokesman for Palestine Police, said LGBT activities are “harmful to the higher values and ideals of Palestinian society.” He added that Al-Qaws’s activities are completely “unrelated to religions and Palestinian traditions and customs, especially in the city of Nablus.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
smarty_function_ntUser_is_admin: user_id parameter required
Find text within the comments Find 

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh    one month ago

But but but Israel.......

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1    one month ago

Exactly. I guess being anti gay doesn't count when it comes from the Palestinians

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1.1.1  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1    one month ago

Women's rights denied, Gay rights denied but Israel. 

Ilhan Omar and Talib are bigots, and their own party had an opportunity to condemn it and wouldn't.

Sparty On
1.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1.1.1    one month ago

They should be toast in 2020.  

But who knows the way some folks think these days.

Then Tlaib could go back to running around like a crazy woman calling everyone else crazy .....

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1.1.3  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.2    one month ago

Lot of BDS bigot humpers vote democrat.

Sparty On
1.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1.1.3    one month ago

I know, one of the squad is from my state.   It's embarrassing as hell but that's Conyers old district.   He was the rep for that area of Mowtown for 52 years.   52 years!  

Basically never been anything but Democrat so a half a banana peel could win there if it declared itself Democrat.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1.1.3    one month ago
Lot of BDS bigot humpers vote democrat.

That is not a mutually exclusive statement. So do a lot of anit BDS people vote Dem. 

So BDS people vote Democrat, but not all Dems are BDS. 

We could reverse that statement and it would also be true. A lot of Jew haters vote Republican, but not all Republicans are Jew haters. 

JBB
1.1.6  JBB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.5    one month ago

Which side of the political divide in America supports anti-LGBT laws?

Are Democrats passing unconstitutional anti-LGBT laws in red states? 

AOC, Tlaib and Omar are against anti-LGBT laws here and everywhere!

FYI, in 26 US states, all if them Red States, which comprise the vast majority of the US land mass it still remains legal to discriminate against LGTB persons in both housing and employment. Is that the fault of four brown skinned Democratic first term US Congresswoman? I don't think so. Now the damn gop is trying to use the lack of gay rights in Israeli occupied territories to bash liberal US politicians. Really? That takes gsll. It is the height of false grace. Pretending to be unaware of these facts to fan hatred is text book "deplorable"...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
1.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JBB @1.1.6    one month ago
Which side of the political divide in America supports anti-LGBT laws?

For the most part on the right side. I don't see any banning of LGBT events happening here supported by our gov. 

no. 

Just because AOC, Tlaib and Omar 

Yes, because it is them. Because they are hypocrites and obviously anti LGBT or they don't have the stomach to come out and say something. Either way, they stink.

Texan1211
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.2    one month ago
They should be toast in 2020.

I guess we will see if Nancy was right about a glass of water with a D behind it able to get elected in some districts.

Goodtime Charlie
1.1.9  Goodtime Charlie  replied to  JBB @1.1.6    one month ago

Except for when the PA passes anti-LGBT laws then they're all for it.

Sparty On
1.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.8    one month ago

Hate to say it but that's Tlaibs district.   I just hope the Dems put up a decent option to run against her.  

A Republican will never win the district.   Never!

squiggy
1.1.11  squiggy  replied to  JBB @1.1.6    one month ago
"...it still remains legal to discriminate against LGTB..."

Aw, bake me a cake. Thjese other countries are killing them.

Tessylo
1.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1.1.6    one month ago

'Which side of the political divide in America supports anti-LGBT laws?

FYI, in 26 US states, all if them Red States, which comprise the vast majority of the US land mass it still remains legal to discriminate against LGTB persons in both housing and employment. Is that the fault of four brown skinned Democratic first term US Congresswoman? I don't think so. Now the damn gop is trying to use the lack of gay rights in Israeli occupied territories to bash liberal US politicians. Really? That takes gsll. It is the height of false grace. Pretending to be unaware of these facts to fan hatred is text book "deplorable"...

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Dulay
1.1.13  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.7    4 weeks ago
I don't see any banning of LGBT events happening here supported by our gov. 

Though there have been multiple actions taken by the Trump administration to deny equal treatment of the LGBT community. Denying visas for same sex partners of diplomats and UN employees, Transgender ban in the military, denying citizenship to children born on foreign soil to same sex partners, changing HHS policy to stop them from collecting data on LGBT health and healthcare discrimination and on and on and on. 

Yes, because it is them.

What's 'them'? 

Because they are hypocrites and obviously anti LGBT

That's false and I've already proven it. 

or they don't have the stomach to come out and say something.

Is EVERYONE who hasn't come out and said something anti-LGBT hypocrites, or just the Muslims? 

Either way, they stink.

Why? What have the said or done? 

BTW, perhaps this will assuage your desire to see someone from 'The Squad' taking ACTION against an Islamic country: 

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/2561/text?r=6&s=3

dennis smith
1.1.14  dennis smith  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.12    4 weeks ago

This is about Tlaib and Omar not about 26 states. Do try to keep on topic instead of deflecting

KDMichigan
1.2  KDMichigan  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1    one month ago

Probably why they were so upset about not going. They had some gay bashing rallies set up.

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
1.2.1  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  KDMichigan @1.2    one month ago

I assumed Omar was looking for her ex-husband/brother.

Sparty On
1.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1.2.1    one month ago

Which brings up that age old question:

If one gets married, are they still your brother/sister or just your husband/wife

Perhaps Omar can answer that for us.

SteevieGee
1.3  SteevieGee  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1    one month ago

This is what happens when you have religious activists in office.

WallyW
1.3.1  WallyW  replied to  SteevieGee @1.3    one month ago

Like Omar and Tlaib.

SteevieGee
1.3.2  SteevieGee  replied to  WallyW @1.3.1    4 weeks ago

Yes, like Omar and Tlaib.  Or perhaps, Pence.

dennis smith
1.4  dennis smith  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @1    4 weeks ago

Very typical of Omar and Talib. Their dem supporters and the dem party are typically silent when the hyprocrites in their party are shown to be what they are.

It Is ME
2  It Is ME    one month ago

"AOC, Omar, Tlaib Silent As Palestinians Outlaws LGBT Activity in West Bank"

Wouldn't be Prudent ! jrSmiley_19_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
2.1  Sparty On  replied to  It Is ME @2    one month ago

Not gonna do it!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
3  Perrie Halpern R.A.    one month ago

Btw, from the mainstream media:

Palestinian police vow crackdown on LGBTQ events in West Bank

Palestinian police have threatened to arrest anyone involved in an upcoming gathering planned by LGBTQ activists in the northern West Bank town of Nablus.
Where is the outrage?

†hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh
3.1  seeder  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    one month ago

Wow that sounds tolerant.....

No one believes for a second these Omar and Talib are tolerant of gays. 

Dulay
3.1.1  Dulay  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @3.1    one month ago

I do.

I base my opinion on their ACTIONS.

Both Congresswomen co-sponsored and voted for the Equality Act.

Though it passed by a bi-partisan vote, 173 Republicans voted against it. 

It's sitting on McConnell's very cluttered desk. 

Tessylo
3.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @3.1.1    one month ago

I do as well.  

Ronin2
3.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Dulay @3.1.1    one month ago

Like every other bill the House has passed since coming under Democratic control it contains a poison pill. The Senate is working on a compromise that will be sure to be rejected by the House.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/5/17/18627771/equality-act-house-congress-lgbtq-rights-discrimination

Republican lawmakers, however, continue to oppose the measures. They tend to frame the issue in religious rights terms , arguing that banning discrimination against LGBTQ people would prevent people from expressing their religious views about sexuality and gender. To that end, some Republican lawmakers have proposed a “compromise” bill that would build in exemptions for religious individuals and institutions.

For LGBTQ activists and allies, that kind of compromise is a nonstarter. They view exemptions for religious beliefs as huge loopholes for discrimination. As the advocacy group GLAAD said on Twitter , “We will NEVER compromise away the protections of every LGBTQ person from discrimination in order to satisfy those who wish to use religion as a weapon for discrimination.”

So despite vast public support, not much will likely get done in Congress on this issue anytime soon.

That is from a liberal source.

Here is what a conservative source says.

https://www.heritage.org/gender/heritage-explains/the-equality-act

It is a long article; but worth the read.

Tessylo
3.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.3    one month ago

You have that ass backwards, as usual.  

Ronin2
3.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.4    one month ago

Only in far leftist land.

Texan1211
3.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.1    one month ago

Just seems to me if they have all that free time to criticize Israel for what they consider to be human-rights violations, surely they could find a minute or two to condemn the organization passing anti-gay laws--especially since they have come out in support for that particular govt.

cjcold
3.1.7  cjcold  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.3    one month ago

The poison pill was perfected by the GOP.

Dulay
3.1.8  Dulay  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.3    one month ago
The Senate is working on a compromise that will be sure to be rejected by the House.

That's funny because that article doesn't cite a bill nor does is cite a Senator who is working on a bill. 

A Senate version introduced in March but McConnell hasn't even assigned it to a Committee yet. 

Fuck the Heritage Foundation. The irony is so thick in that article you could cut it with a knife. 

Dulay
3.1.9  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.6    one month ago
surely they could find a minute or two to condemn the organization passing anti-gay laws--especially since they have come out in support for that particular govt.

From what I have read, the 'organization' is a police department in ONE TOWN. NO 'anti-gay laws' have been passed. It's unclear whether the town government had anything to do with the proclamation released by the police. 

Texan1211
3.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.9    one month ago

Oh, well, if it is just one town...………………………………..

And if they persecute people there, but no laws were passed, it's all cool.

Texan1211
3.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.9    one month ago
From what I have read, the 'organization' is a police department in ONE TOWN. NO 'anti-gay laws' have been passed. It's unclear whether the town government had anything to do with the proclamation released by the police.

You might want to expand your source list. Or at least Google it.

The Palestinian Authority banned members of the Palestinian Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) community from carrying out any activities in the West Bank.
Palestinian Authority bans LGBTQ activities in West Bank ...
www.jpost.com/Middle-East/PA-bans-LGBT-activities-in-West-Bank-598980

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/palestinian-authority-bans-lgbt-activities-in...

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/palestinian-authority-bans-lgbtq-organizing-in...

https://www.advocate.com/world/2019/8/19/palestinian-authority-bans-lgbtq-groups...

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/08/palestinian-authority-bans-lgbt-activities-urges...

https://gellerreport.com/2019/08/leftists-stand-with-palestinian-gay-haters.html

https://www.theblaze.com/news/palestinian-authority-bans-lgbtq-group-from-west-bank...

https://themedialine.org/by-region/palestinian-lgbt-community-under-attack

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/israeli-palestinian-conflict-tears-lgbtq...

Texan1211
3.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.9    one month ago
in ONE TOWN.

the West Bank is 2263 square miles, with well over 3 MILLION inhabitants.

That is one HELL of a town!!!

LMAO!

Heartland American
3.1.13  Heartland American  replied to  cjcold @3.1.7    one month ago

The democrat party is, always has been, and always will be America’s poison ☠️ pill 💊

Ronin2
3.1.14  Ronin2  replied to  cjcold @3.1.7    one month ago

So that makes it right when the Democrats use it?

So much for a clean bill that they know will pass; this is about scoring political points in the media and with their sheeple, nothing more.

Yes, both sides do it. It is the way our wonderful Establishment two party system works. Neither side is better than the other.

Cerenkov
3.1.15  Cerenkov  replied to  †hε pε⊕pレε'š ƒïšh @3.1    one month ago

No sane person believes for a second these Omar and Talib are tolerant of gays.

Dulay
3.1.16  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.11    one month ago

So it looks like the WB is a couple of years behind the Israelis in allowing LGBT events. We'll see if Al-Qaws takes the PA to court and wins like Jerusalem Open House did in Jerusalem. 

Texan1211
3.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.16    one month ago
So it looks like the WB is a couple of years behind the Israelis in allowing LGBT events.

A "couple"??  LOL!

We'll see if Al-Qaws takes the PA to court and wins like Jerusalem Open House did in Jerusalem.

That is freaking hilarious!

Do you still think that it was just in one town that they were banned from in the West Bank?

Dulay
3.1.18  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.12    one month ago

The PA only has authority over about 40% of the WB. 

Dulay
3.1.19  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.17    4 weeks ago
That is freaking hilarious!

Why?

Texan1211
3.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.18    4 weeks ago

Okay, and everywhere that they have control, they banned the LBGQT activities.

Is the West Bank just one town that the PA controls?

best check yourself on THAT!

Dulay
3.1.21  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.20    4 weeks ago
Okay, and everywhere that they have control, they banned the LBGQT activities.

Which, as I stated, has yet to be litigated. 

Texan1211
3.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.19    4 weeks ago

Why?

Have you ever heard of any such group successfully (or unsuccessfully, for that matter) suing the PA?

The PA controls the courts, and it IS hilarious that you think that the groups would or even could sue!

Texan1211
3.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.21    4 weeks ago
Which, as I stated, has yet to be litigated.

Do you not recognize how naïve it is to think that the very same people who made the rule is going to allow people to sue over it? Freaking hilarious!

Their courts are not like our courts.

gooseisgone
3.1.24  gooseisgone  replied to  Dulay @3.1.1    4 weeks ago
I do.

So it's OK to support groups that have views that you diametrically oppose?  Does this apply only to Democrats or does this apply to Republicans as well, just wondering.  How many opposing views can a group have before they fall out of favor, 1,2 up to 5, how many?

Dulay
3.1.25  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.22    4 weeks ago
The PA controls the courts,

Heterosexual Catholics control our court yet we still have Obergefell. 

and it IS hilarious that you think that the groups would or even could sue!

Who said anything about sueing? 

Dulay
3.1.26  Dulay  replied to  gooseisgone @3.1.24    4 weeks ago

Why did you reply to me and use another members comment? 

How many opposing views can a group have before they fall out of favor, 1,2 up to 5, how many?

Ask evangelicals, they support every opposing view that Trump comes up with. 

Texan1211
3.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.25    4 weeks ago
Heterosexual Catholics control our court yet we still have Obergefell.

If you wish to pretend that their courts are like ours, have fun.

Of course, that isn't reality.

Who said anything about sueing?

Why, you. did. Here, let me refresh your memory of what you wrote:

Which, as I stated, has yet to be litigated

Sue---institute legal proceedings against (a person or institution), typically for redress.

Litigation---the process of taking legal action.

dennis smith
3.1.28  dennis smith  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.6    4 weeks ago

You are spot on, these two are typical of what is wrong with the dem party. This is just another nail in the coffin of their chances of retaining majority in the House, as well as continuing to suck hind tit in the Senate and WH.

dennis smith
3.1.29  dennis smith  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.11    4 weeks ago

Some refuse to accept the facts.

Texan1211
3.1.30  Texan1211  replied to  dennis smith @3.1.29    4 weeks ago
Some refuse to accept the facts.

Sadly, all too true.

But I wonder why anyone wishes to align themselves with such people as the PA?

Seems to me the PA is against a lot of the issues they claim are important to them.

SMH

Sparty On
3.2  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    one month ago

I know.

Once again hypocrisy pervades the situation.

Watch for it now though.   Many will start jumping on the bandwagon now.

Which is actually is even worse IMO since it's not their first response and likely a lie.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
3.2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @3.2    one month ago
Watch for it now though.   Many will start jumping on the bandwagon now. Which is actually is even worse IMO since it's not their first response and likely a lie.

And that is what most politicians do. 

WallyW
3.3  WallyW  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    one month ago

The left, including those on this forum, remain silent

dennis smith
3.3.1  dennis smith  replied to  WallyW @3.3    4 weeks ago

typical of them as usual

Trout Giggles
3.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3    one month ago

What I am seeing here in this seed is a whole lot of people who were against LGBTQ rights or made some not-so-funny jokes about it that are now jumping on the LGBTQ rights band wagon.

I guess hypocrisy is ok when it allows one to bash a group that they can't stand over another group they can't stand.

JohnRussell
3.4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.4    one month ago
What I am seeing here in this seed is a whole lot of people who were against LGBTQ rights or made some not-so-funny jokes about it that are now jumping on the LGBTQ rights band wagon.

You werent actually expecting otherwise were you? 

Trout Giggles
3.4.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.1    one month ago

No, I guess not. But it is amazing to me that I see conservative commenters complaining that the left is strangely silent while these same commenters complain about LGBTQ people being granted "special rights". But since it's Palestinians who are bashing the gays, it's ok to side with the gays...but just for today. Tomorrow they'll be back to bashing the gays again.

Tessylo
3.4.3  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.4    one month ago

'What I am seeing here in this seed is a whole lot of people who were against LGBTQ rights or made some not-so-funny jokes about it that are now jumping on the LGBTQ rights band wagon.

I guess hypocrisy is ok when it allows one to bash a group that they can't stand over another group they can't stand.'

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gifjrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

MUVA
3.4.4  MUVA  replied to  Tessylo @3.4.3    4 weeks ago

You just described yourself.

Trout Giggles
3.4.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  MUVA @3.4.4    4 weeks ago

In what way?

I've never seen Tessy bash Muslims or LGBTQs.

I have seen many cons on here bash both....but now they supporting the gays because it gives them a chance to bash Muslims

Texan1211
3.4.6  Texan1211  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.4.5    4 weeks ago
I've never seen Tessy bash Muslims or LGBTQs.

Then it is obvious you have either missed her posts bashing people who she thinks are gay, or you didn't consider it gay-bashing because, of course, she referred to a Republican.

Ronin2
4  Ronin2    one month ago

Between the PA and Hamas the Palestinians have no one to represent them. Just two corrupt organizations more concerned about staying in power than helping their people.

Sparty On
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Ronin2 @4    one month ago

Well, to be honest, we have the same problem.   At least for many in congress we do.

Ronin2
4.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    one month ago

I won't go as far as saying our politicians are as bad as the PA or Hamas; but at times they do make one wonder.

Sparty On
4.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.1    one month ago

The concept is exactly the same IMO.   Just implemented in a more "civil" manner on our side of the pond.

Tacos!
5  Tacos!    one month ago

I'm not going to say nothing Israel does is above reproach. They are imperfect like anyone. But it just blows my mind that they are constantly treated like oppressors even though they are the freest most just country in the region and surrounded by countries who have sworn to destroy them. Even worse, the same people who are the ones who most accuse them of oppression are the ones who treat women like cattle and throw homosexuals off of buildings. And the media doesn't bat an eye.

Heartland American
5.1  Heartland American  replied to  Tacos! @5    one month ago

And Israel 🇮🇱 is one of the most tolerant of LGBT rights in the would and gay and lesbian American Jews are excluded from many LGBT 🏳️‍🌈 events here

Dulay
5.1.1  Dulay  replied to  Heartland American @5.1    4 weeks ago
gay and lesbian American Jews are excluded from many LGBT 🏳️‍🌈 events here

Excluding a flag doesn't exclude a person. 

Fail.

Goodtime Charlie
6  Goodtime Charlie    one month ago

Omar and Tlaib now want to go to West Bank to throw homosexuals off buildings to show their support for the PA

KDMichigan
6.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Goodtime Charlie @6    one month ago

JumpDrive
7  JumpDrive    one month ago

This seed is shown to be false with one google search. The Jerusalem Post published the Palestinian action on Monday morning. Omar & Tlaib retweeted a link to "Five Ways to Support Palestinian Queers" Monday evening. Omar went on to say “LGBTQ rights are human rights..."

JumpDrive
7.1  JumpDrive  replied to  JumpDrive @7    one month ago

P.S. I'm sure Evangelicals get wet when the see people doing what the Palestinians did. When they weren't successful getting that kind of legal action here, the sent 'missionaries' to Uganda to fuck-over the LGBT community.

Texan1211
7.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JumpDrive @7.1    one month ago

I'm sure that evangelicals wield a lot of political power in Uganda.

/s

JumpDrive
7.1.2  JumpDrive  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.1    one month ago
I'm sure that evangelicals wield a lot of political power in Uganda

Read about it. They had an enormous effect.

dennis smith
8  dennis smith    4 weeks ago

Once again the Dems fail.

CB
9  CB     4 weeks ago

Hmm.

Kathleen
10  Kathleen    4 weeks ago

These two witches are hypocrites.  They should not be serving the public.  If you are for a cause, you stick fully with at cause.  You claim you are for social rights in one country, then you are not in another.  

CB
11  CB     4 weeks ago

I do not even know where to start with this article. It seems to have a life of its own. So, I'm out!

Update: So I read "JumpDrive's comment @ 7 and got some direction to go in on this one.

LGBTQ rights are human rights and we should condemn any effort to infringe upon them.

But we should also condemn any effort to equate this with the occupation or use this as a distraction.

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) August 19, 2019

I hate misleading articles! Especially the ones which are hard to validate with research. Kudos to JumpDrive for constructive participation with this story!